5Giant Roam

Giant Roam

3.6

13 reviews · Statistics

69% · 94 · 31%
Brand Manager for Giant? Claim your listing.
See the Best Road Bikes in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Giant Roam13 reviews
Ian W.
Ian W.
  Roam XR2

Awesome for rail trail

Just completed the great vic rail trail, 150km, the Giant Roam 2 was fantastic, much better than my legs! Sturdy and strong on the rough gravel yet a really smooth ride on the better sections. A true all rounder of a bike, fell in love with it on this ride.
Rob
RobQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Poor Quality

While its a good bike to ride, the quality is atrocious. I have had it approximately 18 months and already the front shocks seals need replacing and the front cluster gear change mechanism has failed. It is disappointing as I have always ridden a Giant because of of their quality.
Hamid
Hamid2 posts

No customer support

Good product but no spare parts available if you need. Just looking for front wheel of Roam 3 and they don't have it. Terrible customer support! Headquarter doesn't have any email address to contact! Show details
Kent W.
Kent W.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Roam

Pleased others have had a good run

Bought mine in 2018 with the view to riding rail trails and alike.
As many others have mentioned if you intend to ride it for longer periods changing the seat is a must. Not unlike many other bikes the standard seat is pretty average.
For rail trails I feel this bike is pretty well suited but it is heavy and once I started using it as a daily commuter I really found it was not suited to road work. In the time I have had it the front derailleur has required attention on a number of occasions and I have had rear spokes break which in fairness have been fixed under warranty .
Not what I expected from Giant.
My experience with other bikes leads me to believe that this is not a great choice for durability Show details
Freelancer
Freelancer3 posts
  Roam

Most reliable bike ever owned

I have owned my Roam 3 since 2014 and it has never missed a beat. I ride it every weekend and have taken it around the state. It has handling and reliability that brings confidence to every ride. Show details
Ash Penry
Ash PenryMelbourne6 posts

Best commuter I’ve ever had

Purchased this bike 2 months ago as a commuter to work 30km a day. By far the best I’ve ever had. Great comfy ride and super quick for a bike with an off road there. I prefer riding this over my 3k road bike. Highly recommended to all interested in an all rounder

Maltboy
MaltboyAU5 posts

Great Bike - After 7 Years Use

I bought the bike in 2011, and ride twice a week - usually about 30km - on bike paths, roads and occasionally gravel. On occasions tricky hilly footpaths too.

The bike has performed faultlessly during that period. I am a diligent owner and keep the bike clean. I clean and lubricate the chain and derailleurs regularly.

I have never had the bike serviced professionally yet the gears function just as quickly and accurately as they did when new. The hydraulic discs are just fantastic.

A very well equipped versatile bike: well made at a reasonable price.

Highly recommended.

Penny
Penny

Love this Bike!

Bought the Roam 0 because I wanted really good gears - we have plenty of steep little hills around where we live. I have put a basket on the back - which I load up with about 8kgs of shopping.No problem getting up the hills which in the past I struggled with. Great breaks are a bonus - work well in the wet.

Very happy and now my commute preference over my car!

Middle Aged bloke
Middle Aged blokeMelbourne11 posts
Al.
Al.Stanthorpe
Maxc5
Maxc5VICGippsland, VIC44 posts

Great Hybrid city trail bike

I upgraded from another Giant hybrid cycle I had owned for 15 years to this bike. The difference in the bicycle technology is amazing in ,the last decade - lighter frames, quick change gears and handle gear changers. The disc brakes make a real difference in the stopping power, while also making it easier to remove wheels when necessary. Make sure you change to a more comfortable wider seat if you are not a fan of thin bike seats. overall a real enjoyable bike for city paths and parkland tracks.
Light, easy change gears and front lockable forks.
Need a costly collar to raise the handlebars