Giant Roam

Giant Roam

Roam, Roam XR1, Roam XR2, etc...

Kent W.

Kent W.South East Queensland, QLD

Pleased others have had a good run

Bought mine in 2018 with the view to riding rail trails and alike.
As many others have mentioned if you intend to ride it for longer periods changing the seat is a must. Not unlike many other bikes the standard seat is pretty average.
For rail trails I feel this bike is pretty well suited but it is heavy and once I started using it as a daily commuter I really found it was not suited to road work. In the time I have had it the front derailleur has required attention on a number of occasions and I have had rear spokes break which in fairness have been fixed under warranty .
Not what I expected from Giant.
My experience with other bikes leads me to believe that this is not a great choice for durability

Purchased in February 2018 for $700.00.

Freelancer

Freelancer

Most reliable bike ever owned

I have owned my Roam 3 since 2014 and it has never missed a beat. I ride it every weekend and have taken it around the state. It has handling and reliability that brings confidence to every ride.

Purchased in August 2014 for $650.00.

Ash Penry

Ash PenryMelbourne

Best commuter I’ve ever had

Purchased this bike 2 months ago as a commuter to work 30km a day. By far the best I’ve ever had. Great comfy ride and super quick for a bike with an off road there. I prefer riding this over my 3k road bike. Highly recommended to all interested in an all rounder

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Road Bikes

Find out how Giant Roam compares to other Road Bikes

Maltboy

MaltboyAU

Great Bike - After 7 Years Use

I bought the bike in 2011, and ride twice a week - usually about 30km - on bike paths, roads and occasionally gravel. On occasions tricky hilly footpaths too.
The bike has performed faultlessly during that period. I am a diligent owner and keep the bike clean. I clean and lubricate the chain and derailleurs regularly.
I have never had the bike serviced professionally yet the gears function just as quickly and accurately as they did when new. The hydraulic discs are just fantastic.
A very well equipped versatile bike: well made at a reasonable price.
Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedDec 2011

Love this Bike!

Bought the Roam 0 because I wanted really good gears - we have plenty of steep little hills around where we live. I have put a basket on the back - which I load up with about 8kgs of shopping.No problem getting up the hills which in the past I struggled with. Great breaks are a bonus - work well in the wet.
Very happy and now my commute preference over my car!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Middle Aged bloke

Middle Aged blokeMelbourne

Good all round hybrid bike - Giant Roam 0 2017

JOHN

JOHNmelbourne

giant roam 0 -2017

Great bike for general intermediate riding around city paths and trails. Bought it for riding to shops and for longer rides (20km to 80km). It is fitted with parts that are capable of this and happy with it so far. Great looking bike too, lots of good comments. Highly recommend this bike for its intended purpose.

Al.

Al.Stanthorpe

Really good bike , value for money.

Maxc5

Maxc5Melbourne

Great Hybrid city trail bike

I upgraded from another Giant hybrid cycle I had owned for 15 years to this bike. The difference in the bicycle technology is amazing in ,the last decade - lighter frames, quick change gears and handle gear changers. The disc brakes make a real difference in the stopping power, while also making it easier to remove wheels when necessary. Make sure you change to a more comfortable wider seat if you are not a fan of thin bike seats. overall a real enjoyable bike for city paths and parkland tracks.
Light, easy change gears and front lockable forks.
Need a costly collar to raise the handlebars

Road Bikes