Giantz CSAW-58CC-RDWH

See the Best Petrol Chainsaws in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

BEST MOVE I MADE

Absolutely fabulous, much much better than expected. Wow able to climb the tree with saw in hand and EASY START every time.AWESOME. Gave my 2stroke away.....One problem only, am unable to buy spare battery.

Safety

I wish i could rate it 0, it is a piece of crap that barely starts half the time.

Hardly starts to cut branches in the first place. The amound of energy put into starting it, you might as well use a handsaw.
Next time i will make sure product has good reviews before buying.

Purchased in August 2019 at eBay for $89.00.

Safety

better off buying holzfforma you can get parts and cheap

theyre ok for the price but you cant get parts to maintain them, tuning them to perform is hit and miss the carbies are kinda ordinary at metering, but yeh theyre ok for the price, whereas holzfforma you can , theyre stihl clones

Purchased in January 2015 at ebay for $200.00.

giantz 62 ccsaw

same trouble no spares broken spring will have to junk it .cut well but the 1 year warranty does'nt seem to work either . Goes to show you only get what you pay for

Purchased in January 2019 for $110.00.

Giantz 92cc 24" Chain Saw, do not buy, no parts available

This has been a good chain saw until something went wrong. The pull starter broke (spring) and I have not been able to source one in Australia. Although it gave good performance while working, I have been trying for over 3 months to get replacement parts with no response. Do not buy this chain saw.

I will have to throw it way now, keep the bar and chain, that is about all I can recover from it and no small engine place will touch them.

Purchased in September 2018 for $250.00.

Dead On Arrival

I bought the saw online and it arrived Friday afternoon. Saturday morning I set it up with the bar and chain. I put fuel in it and chain oil.
I then spent the next hour pulling on that starter rope for all I was worth. In desperation I sprayed starting fluid in the carb and still nothing.
Don't waste your money or sanity. Just buy a good brand and make your life easy.

Purchased in March 2019 at eBay for $97.00.

58cc GIANTZ Red/White Chainsaw

I ended up putting a 20" 3/8 .058 72D and it cuts awesome I was cutting old dead trees a lot thicker than the bar. I gave to my father after thrashing it for 5.5hrs I use 40:1 with Castro FULL SYNTHETIC RACING 2 STROKE OIL. (I pulled head off and not a mark!). So I bought x2 58cc 20" (think really 52), x2 62cc Red 22", x1 62cc Black 22". I cut big old hardwood all day so if get a month's use I'm happy but no failures in GIANTZ brand (x2 92cc Gen 3 Baumr Ag DIDN'T LAST A DAY EACH!! both sent back for refund, took 2 1/2 months to get $$ and now EDISON'S won't let me buy!! EVEN THOUGH ALL DEFECTIVE FROM THEM LOL)

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Amazing for the price

Got a 20% discount when I bought, paid under $90. Excellent buy. Came with an extra chain too, worth $20+. Not Stihl quality, but does the job! Good for occasional users and homeowners.

Just be aware of a few gotchas: the carby will need adjustment. It comes set too rich from factory. Turn L and H all the way clockwise, then back L out about 1.75 turns, H out 1.5 turns. Manual states L should be 1.25 (much too lean, won't accelerate) and H should be 1.4, which is about right (but much leaner than they sent it from factory). Note you should be mixing oil: fuel at 1:20 for the first 20 hours, then 1:25 thereafter. So when you go to 1:25, you may have to tweak the carb again, because the more oil in the fuel, the richer the carb setting needs to be, and vice versa.

Other small problem was the air filter cover: I had to ream out the hole in the air filter cover so the twist screw that holds it down could meet the female part at the right angle (I used a dremel with drum sander).

Remember to use Loctite on the screws that hold on the log spikes, or they come loose.

Assembling the chainbrake/clutch cover onto the powerhead can be tricky; just make sure you can advance the chain around the bar with your hand smoothly and that the chain is not twisted at the powerhead (the twisting is caused by a little screw between the two bolts sticking out of the power head (poor design, but not a dealbreaker). Also note that the chain WILL stretch a lot for the first hour or so, so check is constantly and re-tension as needed. This is normal for all chains, but a bit more noticeable with these cheap chains. I've sold my Stihl and Husquarna (great saws, but I now use them very infrequently and cannot justify owning them anymore) and only use this saw for big cuts (e.g. fallen trees) and a Makita electric for all my small work.

For storage, empty fuel tank and then let the machine idle on the ground until the carb runs dry.

If you want an online User Manual, google the Zenoah G5000 (this is the Japanese saw that these Chinese copies are based on).

Date PurchasedMar 2017