Gift Card Planet Branded Eftpos

1.4

Nat1234

Nat1234South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible customer service

Due to COVID I have been unable to physically attend a store and use my gift card before expiry date. Company now basically saying to bad so sad and refused to extend expiry date. I now lost $100

ABSOLUTE SCAM

l received a card to the value of $1,000. When I went to activate it, it said it couldn't be activated. Than when l went to activate it they advised me it was activated over 12 months ago and now it is expired. l have emailed them for 3 months asking for management to call me and nothing just the same email advising me that the card is no longer activated and they get to keep $1,000. What company does this ??? They should not be allowed to be operating.

Mitsubishi air conditioning promotion gift card

Took a lot of effort and all the information that could possibly be supplied to get $100- NOT worth the effort or the aggrevation. had to give all personal details wait for approval then wait for card then apply for activation that di not work on computer so had to ring Edge cards. At least second lady was friendly, first one was not. After all this it only last 12 months. Leaves a bad impression of not only Edge eftpos cards but also the original promoter MItsubishi, much better if they had given $100 discount in store. Would have brought product anyway and $100 isnt a significant discount on $2600 airconditioner.

Transaction Accounts / Debit Cards

Find out how Gift Card Planet Branded Eftpos compares to other Transaction Accounts / Debit Cards

Melsie

MelsieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

TOTAL SCAM

Recieved Eftpos Gift Card from Urbanedge homes. Could not use it as it was not activated by a certain date (onveniently covered with a sticker. Customer Service TOTALLY useless. All big companies should avoid using as rewards.

Justin Say D.

Justin Say D.South East Queensland, QLD

Rip offs and scam artists disgusting !

This Guys are RIP off, scam artists. The card says its valid for 1 year and must be activated 3 months prior to use. Now that covid is pretty much over (in qld atm) I decided I would like to use it as I have stayed away from the shop since this all began and solely did online shopping. If the card said it had to be ACTIVATED with 3 months of issue I would have done this. The wording is incorrect on your cards and you are ripping off honest people. My card should still be valid up to Feb 2021!! Disgusting. Will be disputing. Should go through QCAT as I know I would have a case.. DISGUSTING !

Emailed to say no CVV provided, they run you in circles. Terrible service.

I got a virtual credit card, then emailed to say no CVV received. They asked for information which I provided, then they asked for same information again in reply to my email which gave them the information.
Terrible customer service. The agent name is Jade. Be wary if dealing with this company!

Michael P.

Michael P.Sydney, NSW

Waste of time

Complete waste of time, If you ask for help you get a standard templated reply. My issue got escalated to a manager who sent me the same templated reply. It is not hard to actually respond to someone's questions.

Carmilo C.

Carmilo C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Valueless products

They wouldn't allow me to extend expiry claiming they did not have facility to be able to this. They were incompassionate about all that is happening with COVID-19. I would be better off giving the money to charity than these rip off merchants.

Jessica S.

Jessica S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Thieves steeling money

I had a gift card issued to me by gift card planet in June 2019, I tried to activate my card a week after receiving it but the card seemed to have an issue and could not be activated, it is now February 2020 and I have called at least 200 times and no one has still been able to reissue me a new gift card or activate my current gift card, they say they are going to look into it and I never get a call back, no complaints line apparently and impossible to speak to someone senior. Absolutely ridiculous that they just get to steal $185 from me.

Darren W.

Darren W.

Rip off merchants!

Issue cards with no expiry printed on them and when you go to use find they are expired. Breaking the law and getting away with it! Card was definitely less than 3 years old but was told it had expired.

Andrew

AndrewSydney, NSW

Planet steals shame on you

I was given mid last year gift card from market research. I couldn’t use the card because i did not activate the card three weeks from the day I received it.
I rang and wrote to planet gift card all they say sorry bad luck.
Total ripe off, no one should support this company because they steal your money.

Shame on you... Shame... Shame... Shame... Shame

Julia B.

Julia B.

Shameless Stealing

My card wasn't even activated. Once activated I knew it would have a 12 month expiry date as that is what is stated on the card so I left my activation for about 5 months until I was ready to use it, turns out my activation period had already cancelled. I had not received anything in writing about this and it wasn't printed on the card. It annoys me that this company is essentially stealing from people.

Mez

MezGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Never get a gift card from this company

My gift card had expired because I did not realise it had a 12 month life. A week after expiry I asked customer service to extend. After phone calls and 3 emails and letting me wait a month, they finally advised their rigid rules and have a nice day. Arrogant to say the least

nick

nickPerth, WA

worst gift card

Do not make purchase EFTPOS card from this company. Once expired , they will say sorry. why can not they can issue egift card. what is the issue. Call Center people are use less.
NEVER NEVER BUY!!

Gail

GailSydney, NSW

Scandalous Rip-Off

Do not make purchases with an offer of an EFTPOS card from this company. They make activation near impossible, giving you the run around so you give up. Like other reviewers, was told it was activated when it wasn't. I had to call them repeatedly. They are completely unhelpful. Steer clear. So where has my $100 unspent money gone?

Honest reviews only

Honest reviews onlyHervey Bay

Fantastic Customer Service

I didn’t activate my eftpos card within the activation period, so my activation period expired. Emailed them and they extended the activation period so I could activate it. Excellent customer service! Very happy!

Jeremy S.

Jeremy S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Thieves!!! Do not buy!!!! They are corrupt!

You have to activate the card apparently 3 months from the time of purchase but nothing is stated in the card apart from the spend expiry date. No way to credit back the money upon expiry of the activation date. Obviously a way to pocket consumers money!!! Shame!!!

Savvy

SavvySouth Australia

Rip OFF

Have received 2 giftcardplanet cards. Both failed on activation rang customer service and told card good to go. What a joke - card never worked after several attempts of "activating" and now cards are EXPIRED. Cards cannot be replaced as my fault I did not access the funds. $300 disappears into the ether and straight into giftcardplanet/edge or whatever they call themselves pocket. This is corrupt.

DO NOT USE

Thanks to their ridiculous expiry policy I am now $750 out of pocket. I am currently unemployed and desperately needed these funds! No where on the card does it state that you are required to activate by a certain date. I would have needed to activate this within a week of receiving this and was not advised of this at all.

Jane W.

Jane W.South East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT USE

DO NOT USE Gift Card Planet their customer service is a joke, they flat out will not consider any circumstances if your gift card has expired and they will not allow you to escalate. They simply reply that their terms and conditions are explicit and rigid and to have a lovely day?? How can I have a lovely day when they have just stolen $500 from me?
I feel sorry for their agents, I wonder what their staff turnover is like surely it would not be fulfilling working for this company.