Gift Card Planet Branded Eftpos

Gift Card Planet Branded Eftpos

See the Best Transaction Accounts / Debit Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Gail

GailSydney, NSW

Scandalous Rip-Off

Do not make purchases with an offer of an EFTPOS card from this company. They make activation near impossible, giving you the run around so you give up. Like other reviewers, was told it was activated when it wasn't. I had to call them repeatedly. They are completely unhelpful. Steer clear. So where has my $100 unspent money gone?

Honest reviews only

Honest reviews onlyHervey Bay

Fantastic Customer Service

I didn’t activate my eftpos card within the activation period, so my activation period expired. Emailed them and they extended the activation period so I could activate it. Excellent customer service! Very happy!

Jeremy S.

Jeremy S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Thieves!!! Do not buy!!!! They are corrupt!

You have to activate the card apparently 3 months from the time of purchase but nothing is stated in the card apart from the spend expiry date. No way to credit back the money upon expiry of the activation date. Obviously a way to pocket consumers money!!! Shame!!!

Savvy

SavvySouth Australia

Rip OFF

Have received 2 giftcardplanet cards. Both failed on activation rang customer service and told card good to go. What a joke - card never worked after several attempts of "activating" and now cards are EXPIRED. Cards cannot be replaced as my fault I did not access the funds. $300 disappears into the ether and straight into giftcardplanet/edge or whatever they call themselves pocket. This is corrupt.

DO NOT USE

Thanks to their ridiculous expiry policy I am now $750 out of pocket. I am currently unemployed and desperately needed these funds! No where on the card does it state that you are required to activate by a certain date. I would have needed to activate this within a week of receiving this and was not advised of this at all.

Jane W.

Jane W.South East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT USE

DO NOT USE Gift Card Planet their customer service is a joke, they flat out will not consider any circumstances if your gift card has expired and they will not allow you to escalate. They simply reply that their terms and conditions are explicit and rigid and to have a lovely day?? How can I have a lovely day when they have just stolen $500 from me?
I feel sorry for their agents, I wonder what their staff turnover is like surely it would not be fulfilling working for this company.

Danica

DanicaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Activated my card after the three month expiry

I emailed them, explained the circumstances as to why I couldn't activate in time as well as listed what the ACCC had on their website as I wasn't sure why the activation period expired so quickly. After two days they fixed it all up and everything is well. Thank you GCP! :)

Paige

PaigeSouth East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

Do Not use this company, they are thieves and I am actually appalled at the customer service they belief they deliver!! False advertising on their website that it can be used anywhere visa is, completely FALSE!! Very limited in the accessibility to actually use these cards. Save your money and do not purchase these for your clients!!! Extremely frustrating!

Thieves

I contacted this company about activating my card after their nonsense activation date .Twice was told card had been activated only to find that it had not.
Liars and thieves .

Georgedim

GeorgedimMelbourne

Unable to speak to a representative

Never Use Giftcardplanet.com.au

Terrible company and idea. The gift card that has an activation period of just 3 months, at which point it is unusable. The is nowhere on the card!!! There site is almost always not working. "Can't see anything on the right - Click Here" Is a permanent part of their check balance page. Give cash people!

This Company is a Joke!

If you don't activate the card within the allotted time, even though it is valid for 12mths they will keep the money. I had a card gifted with $2500 dollars and was waiting to use it for something special. I missed the date to activate it by 5 days and was told bad luck. Avoid this company at all costs. No other gift card I have ever received has an activation date. This is HWY robbery. Surely there is a law against this???

Linda N

Linda NAU

Such a scam- corporations and users beware!

What a complete rort.

A gift card that has an activation period of just 3 months, at which point it is unusable. Nowhere on the card does it say that mind you. In addition, when questioned about how this fits with gift card consumer law, I was told it’s a “promotional card” and this doesn’t apply.

Save your money and go elsewhere. Coles and Myer would be my pick.

Judu

JuduDiggers Rest

Gift card planet - Bad service

Gift card turns into disappointment!!

Common grievance!! if you miss the activation date the Gift card company pockets the money. No customer focus or special consideration to circumstances of the gift recipient. What is the real point of an 'activation date' if the card is valid for 1 year. Please avoid gift cards from Gift Card Planet.

potpotdot

DISGUSTED++ DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY THEY ARE ROGUES

Illusion2000

Illusion2000Sydney

New Office of Fair Trading Laws now in place

The perfect gift...GIFT CARD...What a scam avoid avoid avoid

I won a gift card at work October 1 2017 for 50 $.
Tried using it 31 May 2018. It was still in the original plastic package.
There was 26 $ left on it. Yes looked like a fool arguing with the cashier.
So I learned the hard way if you don't use it within the first year they charge 3 $ per month.
So the expiry date was 02/20 ....what a joke...a scam it should be removed from any store selling any type of card that abuses and mislead people.

what a terrible greedy company

They are thieves! my mother in law passed away and in going through her things we found a gift card she purchased just before getting ill. no one knew she had it until she passed away. unfortunately was just out of expiry. I called and asked if they could issue a new card on compassionate grounds, and the answer was a flat out no! they have just stolen $100 as far as I'm concerned!

I am so disgusted that they would take advantage of this situation! a person has died and they will not budge from their position!