GIO Business Insurance

1.5

Donna Brown

Donna BrownHobart, TAS

Disgusting ethics

Treated my employee like a criminal. I’ll take my insurance portfolios to a reputable company that gives the service I’m paying them for. I will be making sure all my franchises do not use GIO for any insurance of any kind!!!!!!

Thomas

ThomasSydney, NSW

Very doggy insurance, beware!

I have been with GIO for my business insurance with them for over 15 years, and I never thought that such a large insurance company can be so doggy. I have never made a claim for the last 15 years, and when I needed them all they said was sorry! I will made sure everybody knows how doggy they are, you have guaranteeon that!

Claim DateMay 2020
Claim ApprovedNo

CHOOSE SOMEONE ELSE

I got out of business due to the COVID and I tried to cancel the insurance a few weeks after the renewal to save some money as I have no income.
GIO still wanted me to pay the full amount and they try to blame the regulatory body for any issues. The send you threatening emails and letters.

Tim L.

Tim L.Perth, WA

Absolutely Hopeless !

Absolutely hopeless company to deal with, I have Business Insurance and Public liability with them for a number of years. Quick to take the money, but like pulling teeth to get certificate of currency from them. Don’t bother if you want an easy life

John

JohnSydney, NSW

Workers comp from 3 years injured operations and more GIOs shocking conduct now

injured over 3 years ago initially treated terribly till collapsed now mental disease new case worker Rachel brilliant GIOchanged case worker to jacqui terrible treats you like a slave her many lies and NO Care shocking GIO more mental now

Claim DateJanuary 2017
Claim ApprovedYes
Whs

WhsSydney, NSW

Incompetent case managers

Equip yourself with a good team of doctors and lawyers if you happen to have GIO as your employer’s WorkCover. Especially if you have psychological injury.

They are manipulative, abusive and would use any means to get you off their books. They breached confidentiality by doing unlawful covert investigation, asking people in my social circles who had no idea about my psychological condition.

They cherry pick their own IME reports.

Their conduct has aggravated my condition to a point I’ve made multiple suicide attempts.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedYes
Satya

SatyaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Keep charging you despite cancelling the policy

Please be vary of GIO business insurance. Easy to take up, but hard to cancel. They keep charging me despite cancelling in Aug 2018 and get charged again in Nov 2018. Very unprofessional.

Insurance claim madeNo

Never seen doggy company like this before

Insurance claim madeNo

They are nothing but ROBBERS! Do NOT buy insurance product from them!

Sarah

SarahHunter Region, NSW

Lodging a claim as an employer

Moh amin

Moh aminMeadow heights

Really not happy with this insurance

I have about 20 of my cousins and friends will cancel the insurance with you I've been waiting for 2 months for my claim just because I'm new to the insurance you guys took to investigation and asking me for a lot of my privacy. I will never come back to you unless this is sorted and 20 people waiting for this claim as well if it goes bad they gonna cancel.

ANTONC

ANTONCGosford

GIO still charging for cancelled policy and vacated premises

STRIKER

STRIKERAU

injured at work, Obligated to make a claim.

Physical pain from ruptured tenant requires surgery & recovery time with physiotherapy & other treatment along with checking progress for reliable feedback for the case worker to aid & support the whole process. But if the caseworker is advised the injury is the worst the surgeon ever encountered with no chance of recovery & permanently disfigured body.
The GIO set up appointments with different rehab providers who are trained to see a liability instead of a tormented man who has lost the joy at 40 & then his wife & house.

Insurance claim madeYes

Thank you for listening and review it back

After we gave a bad comment re our claim, they finally review and do their act right this time which we appreciated. They resend their people to review our case then they approved our claim with promptly. We were about to considered to move to different insurer. With the experience that we have got and after explaining to them that we had been insure to different insurer and never had claim before and that we didn't want this thing happened to us which make us have to close our business few days it was really inconvenience. At least they resolved out problem. Thanking you for acting promptly. Then now we can have trust in insured it with gio.

Amazing experience with claims

I spoke with Jasmine this morning from Business Insurance Claims and can honestly say she was amazing, made me feel completely at ease after a stressful incident. She completely turned my experience around and I am really happy with the service she provided. Fast, efficient & lovely to deal with.