4GME TX3100

78%11%11%

Big Mac T.
Big Mac T.South East Queensland, QLD
  TX3100DP

Just a nasty, terrible radio

Both received and transmitted audio on this model sound like rubbish. Thin, raspy audio both ways. Uncomfortable to listen to for any length of time and anyone you speak with won't enjoy hearing you on it often either. Microphone is far to light weight for the curly cord and often gets thrown about by the force of the cord if you loose grip on the microphone which feels like a kids toy from a showbag. All in all,
The TX3100 is rubbish. Show details
Adrian M
Adrian MCentral, SA7 posts

A good reliable Radio

I have had 1 for a number of years and found it to be very reliable as I have never had a problem with it. Over the years I have had numerous GME Products and have found them to be very good and recommend others to buy them. I would consider GME Products as the best value for money on the current market.

THe Bear
THe BearGlenwood80 posts
  TX3100PNP

great uhf radio

had this unit for some time now and found it faultless. Clear and easy to understand and so typical of the brand which I have used for years. Also have a GME VHF in my boat, great unit also. I have fitted an external mic as I am a little on the deaf side and this makes things even better as it come through my left good ear!!

Nick
NickMelbourne2 posts

Compact UHF

Works well, reliable and sufficiently powerful. The microphone feels very cheap, and at times feels as though it's going to break. My unit is older and cannot be upgraded to 80 channels. Benefits from an extended speaker to improve sound quality.

I like the fact that you can flip the display, so it gives more mounting options.

Holly
HollyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC72 posts

Fantastic little unit

This radio has been right round Australia with me on my Nissan X-Trail. It's so easy to set up and use. For someone just looking for an uncomplicated means of UHF communication, it's perfect. I got mine in the combo pack with the antenna included, which was very convenient and cheaper than buying it separately.

Rob
RobGin Gin6 posts
  TX3100PNP

Great UHF

Great radio very easy to mount. I have mounted the aerial in the centre of the dash and this works OK for now. I will look into mounting an external antenna later. I would recommend this little radio to anyone who needs to mount a radio and who does not like drilling into the dash.

Ric94
Ric94AU38 posts
  TX3100DP

Great things come in small packages

The GME3100 is a great radio, small compact and powerful I have one in my BMW X5 and one in the patrol, easy to fit, clear audio and excellent signal however all radio performance depends on the antenna you choose. I opted for this one off ebay. [link removed] I have one of these on both vehicles and get great reception.

Show reply

Christo56
Christo562 posts
  Super Compact

Perfect size, everything you need!

I bought this unit because it would fit in the ash tray slot of my Hilux. As an added bonus, it's the cheapest GME unit on the market!

Looks schmick installed in the ash tray slot, no wires visible. I was worried about the speaker being hidden inside the dash but it actually sounds really good.

Ian