GME TX6155

GME TX6155

b0ng0man

b0ng0manIllawarra, NSW

Would be awesome if batteries lasted

Date PurchasedAug 2014
A06

A06Armidale

Great durable handheld UHF

Bought this for hunting and to be able to have a handheld radio on a quad bike without worrying about it becoming unusable in rain or dusty conditions. It's been a great find. With 5w transmit power I get excellent coverage and good battery life - plenty for a couple of days use. The handheld speaker mike it excellent as well and means I can have the radio on my belt with the mike clipped on a jacket, much easier to be able to hear messages over the noise of wind on the bike.

Bought on Ebay on special for $189

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Phil J

Phil JCanberra 2600, ACT

Excellent radio

I bought the twin pack almost three years ago to use on my 100 acres and they're perfect for the job. Their main purpose is for emergencies when I'm walking or riding around the block, but they're mostly used to let me know the kettle is on. I haven't missed a morning tea yet. They're powerful (not even close to loosing signal on my block) tough (dropped them on numerous occasions), water proof (apparently, haven't tested that yet) and easy to use. The calling tone is also a useful feature as are the extra plug in mics which came with the twin pack. The battery life is also excellent. I'm so happy with them I plan on getting a GME unit for the ute. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
UHF & VHF Radios

Find out how GME TX6155 compares to other UHF & VHF Radios

Brandon

BrandonSydney

Good radio for the price

A solid and reliable UHF radio with good performance at a fantastic price (purchased for $248 price matched). It's water proof, dust proof, and the lithium ion batteries last a long time.
Very happy with this purchase.

Date PurchasedOct 2017