GME TX6155

GME TX6155

Would be awesome if batteries lasted

I bought 2 Brand new units yes not 1 but 2 units. 1 of the batteries were faulty and since i had 2 to communicate i wasnt able to ever use them.i bought them on ebay new from a recommended reseller and i contacted them .they we not particurlarly interested in helping and time went by.i contacted GMe and they said to send both units to check them out .of course they said it was out of warranty. and that the batteries would cost about 160 each (basically cost of handheld unit) i told them that for that price and since the handhelds were brand new and never worked it woud be better to Bin them . the guy told me he would refer to his manager and i havent heard from them since.So i am the phone to gme now and they are looking into it..and i lost both radios and wasted 600 dollars..

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Great durable handheld UHF

Bought this for hunting and to be able to have a handheld radio on a quad bike without worrying about it becoming unusable in rain or dusty conditions. It's been a great find. With 5w transmit power I get excellent coverage and good battery life - plenty for a couple of days use. The handheld speaker mike it excellent as well and means I can have the radio on my belt with the mike clipped on a jacket, much easier to be able to hear messages over the noise of wind on the bike.

Bought on Ebay on special for $189

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Excellent radio

I bought the twin pack almost three years ago to use on my 100 acres and they're perfect for the job. Their main purpose is for emergencies when I'm walking or riding around the block, but they're mostly used to let me know the kettle is on. I haven't missed a morning tea yet. They're powerful (not even close to loosing signal on my block) tough (dropped them on numerous occasions), water proof (apparently, haven't tested that yet) and easy to use. The calling tone is also a useful feature as are the extra plug in mics which came with the twin pack. The battery life is also excellent. I'm so happy with them I plan on getting a GME unit for the ute. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Good radio for the price

A solid and reliable UHF radio with good performance at a fantastic price (purchased for $248 price matched). It's water proof, dust proof, and the lithium ion batteries last a long time.
Very happy with this purchase.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

I have one gme two way radio and 2 Motorola but I can't use them all together any ideas?
I am thinking why cant you use them altogether?normally channels should match.!I don't know why..... GME and Motorola they can't help me...

Can't use Channel 61,62,63. Just beeps when i go to talk. Any ideas?
*Please note: CH 22 & 23 are used for telemetry and telecommand applications, voice communications are not permitted on these channels and transmission is inhibited. CH 61, 62 & 63 are for future use and are receive only channels.

I'm thinking of buying one for a trip in the caravan to Longreach/Winton etc will it do the job?
That's a very broad question. It should work well if you're travelling in convoy and wanting to communicate with others around you. Also works well if you're within range of a repeater. If you're hoping for a little more distance then you're better off looking at another model designed to connect to an external antenna. Yes you can hook up an external antenna to the 6155 but it's not designed for it.thanksDitto to Brandon's comments. I've used it in the car and it's great when you're travelling in close convoy, but the moment you have some distance or a hill between you, the reception will drop out. An external antenna would certainly help but an in-car radio would be better

TX6155