VerifiedMPNs:517211, 518591, 518725 and 19 more

Dry Weather Handling

Peter
PeterSydney Surrounds, NSW

Manufacturing fault?

Original tyres on 2010 Falcon Wagon. Made in China. Four or five of five original tyres developed cracks in the edge of the tread resulting in them failing (going flat) at inconvenient times / locations. Slowly replacing as can’t be trusted. Show details
Jey
JeySydney, NSW2 posts

Awesome Tyre. Worth the money spent

Using Good Year Excellence tyre since 2010 Dec. Changed original factory tyre (Goodyear Excellence) around 55,000 KM and replaced with Good Year Excellence (1st replacement, Around Aug 2013), but it lasted 40,000 KM. After a little investigation, figured out the tyre replaced was made in Thailand.

Replaced again (2nd replacement, Around July 2015) with Good Year Excellence, this time ensured the ones are Japanese. Till now using it and have done over 60,000 KM.

Done third replacement in May 2019. So far has done over 158000 KM with those combined.

Worth every penny. Ensure, you get Japanese manufactured one. Purchased in Aug 2013, July 2015 and May 2019. Show details ·  1

Noise Level
Alex A
Alex ADarling Downs, QLD7 posts

Performance sedan car tyres

I tried the Goodyear tyres 205/55R16 91W for my car (2 off tyres) and have seen a great driving experience, good road grip, performance improved and a great overall driving experience. Comfort tyres and if fixed, inflated properly and completed wheel balance and alignment-nothing better. Excellent tyres and I shall go for them again after the deterioration of these tyres.

Show details ·  1

Bernskiez
BernskiezSydney7 posts

Nice tyres

These come stock on the VW golf and we replaced em recently. Lasted a good year or so of heavy driving . The new ones handle great and glad we went with the OG stock tyres instead of another brand.

Also fuel efficiency doesn't seem to be compromised with these and we highly recommend them! Bought at Tempe Tyres cannot speak highly enough of that place.

Show details ·  1

Ash
AshNorth Queensland, QLD

Good mileage

Great tyre on fg falcon xt 215/60r16 they were on car from new first set lasted 65,000 Kim's second set have 63,000 km on them now still got tread left I rotated them every 10,000 km good price $130 a tyre from ford rang Kmart they sold to me for $125 each put a set of 4 on my wife's Toyota Camry same size as my falcon.

Ahmed
AhmedMelbourne9 posts

excellent grip

These tyres are durable and provide excellent grip. The threads remain good even after 25k. There is minimum road noise which is of course good. I have had yokohamas before and these ones are definitely better. Will continue to use them. Might even get new ones soon. Really happy with them

cherubbabiesIllawarra, NSW149 posts

Perfect in every way

These tyres were recommended by the tyre store, we have had them before and have re purchased them.

They are really great in safety and durable, they last us a long time. They are affordable and do not have too much road noise when driving. We are happy so far and will continue to buy them.

Simon M
Simon M6 posts

Tyres thus far are pretty good

Tyres only have 15000 km on them at the minute, hence the good rating that will progress to excellent if they make more than 30000km. Tyres came on 19inch wheels on my Audi Q5, they have been good on tar, dirt, and took them recently slightly off road on my parents farm in the wet and they were not too bad. The width certainly helped in the soft stuff, even in a little bit of mud they weren't too bad.

AEA
AEA

Road noise is teribble

I just used it for 2 days but most obvious is the road noise. i tried to use Hankook brand which is much more cheaper still the performance is great and also the road noise seems to be significantly lower. What makes me confuse is there are a lot of reviews saying that this tyres is quite good and low road noise. I am thinking of going back to the tyres dealer to get explanation from them.

Jeff M
Jeff MSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Durable and best value for money

Good Year Excellence 235/50/R17 tyres were fitted to my car when new but were replaced by a cheaper brand on the service agent's recommendation when the originals needed replacing after 65000 km. I had two replacement sets which needed replacing at around 25000 km each and have since gone back to Good Year Excellence. These have now done 69500 km and while two are still OK for a few thousand more km, the other two are borderline so I'm buying a new set. Yes, a bit more expensive than some other brands, but I value the durability and the safe feel of these tyres on the road and with my regular highway driving in all weather conditions.

Alex Ng
Alex Ng5 posts

Great value for money

Overall, I am very satisfied with them. In my size 17" they were around 40% off the price compared to the others premium tires, but they give similar performance. Low rolling noise tires, yet quieter than several brands on the market with special emphasis tires. Look to be wearing well over the past 8000 km I have done on them. Highly recommended.

Best performance ever!

Have had Goodyear Excellence on my Ford G6 since new. Currently done 94,000 km but now need replacing. Previous best performance was 80,000 from some Bridgestones.

khalili.jalil
khalili.jalil2 posts

Excellence for good year Excellence

they are chineess made 235/17/50 for my g6e falcon but had them on my taxi and have done 80000 yes 80000 no joke have passed 3 inspections by taxi inspection people, in and out the city m5 m7 m2 ed they last I am very happy, as long as you don't bent the rims

Michael
Michael

Great tyre however don't know replacement cost

I have had these tyre on my golf in 195 65 r15 German version since I bought the car. Since then I have done 71 000 km and the tread is still legal. However apparently these tyres are expensive to replace. All in all though outstanding mileage on them! Words
Excellent mileage good even wear.
None
Elliepup
ElliepupHunter Region, NSW14 posts

Expensive to replace and don't last a long time

These came new on 2007 Ford Mondeo in 235/45 17 configuration. Have just done 31,000K it;s 2013 and the steering is 'wandering' on the road. Thought it might be a wheel balance or front end alignment problem, but after having it checked by Ford they said straight away that the side wear on the tires are below legal (less than 1mm) even though the middle of the tires have 2mm. At the price of these tires are to replace (up to $300 or more per tire x 4 = $1200+) I would have hoped that they would have lasted longer. My other car's cheap Kuhmos lasted 33,000K....... And they cost $400 to replace.
Looks like a nice tire
Fully serviced and rotated and have done minimal Km's and still only got 31,000K's out of them