2Michelin Pilot Sport 3

mirrabucca
mirrabuccaCanberra Central 2601, ACT113 posts

Peta-Brenda M.
Peta-Brenda M.

Avoid! The noise levels are unbearable

Just brought a new car and it came with these tyres. On certain roads the noise is so loud its unbearable. It literally hurts my ears. Now I need to change new tyres for something quieter. Show details
rotor4
rotor4Sydney, NSW10 posts

Transformed the car

I have a Renault Clio sport 172 & decided to go up size a rim size from 15"s (Advan AD08r)that are a v-good but "track style" tyre that are compromised in my opinion for general road use. I decided not to get semi slicks & purchased 205/50r16 Mich-ps3 that were on special at the time. Being a road tyre design I find the ride & noise has improved greatly,dry handling & braking is solid & predictable when pushed. The wet traction is better & tram lining suffered with the Ad08r especially under brakes is no longer a issue. Show details
genisisSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts

great tyre for everything but the noise is horrendous

Best tyre i have ever brought good at everything in the wet or dry ,braking, wearing excellent , but I would never buy again because of the noise such a shame.
My car is a 2003 MG tf 135 they are tyre sensitive and i would give them a five star rating had they been on another car maybe with better insulation ,I am at the stage of getting rid of them its like having 4 worn out wheel bearings at once even after replacing the rear bearings it is still unbearable. Show details ·  1
Leo
LeoSydney, NSW2 posts

The only choice for HO cars

with 10000 ks on an M140i and spirited driving - constantly losing traction at the rear in the dry, i am suprised the rears have hardly lost any tread,,,maybe 10 %. Any less of a tyre would be dangereous on this car. Show details
Geoff M.
Geoff M.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

great grip, quiet ride,

Changed from Pirelli P0 to Michelin PS3 greatly improved ride and much quieter over all surfaces , also the handling has improved on my BMW X1. big improvement over the original fitted run flats . Show details
AA1
AA1Sydney, NSW15 posts

super grip

bought new tyres tires after running and slipping in the wet. for mazda 2 managed to fit some in for a cheap price. much much much better than generics. very happy for michelin brand name.
Gloria
GloriaSydney, NSW

Lasted ONLY 20.000KM

I bought convince they were excellent just to find out they don't last at all. When I tried contacting Michelin Customer Service the response was late and not available.
After they tried to blame it on driving conditions. Which it is completely unacceptable, as my driving is very easy and when I bought the tyres I got full package to rotate them which I did.
Also the Michelin service said that I had bought them from a black market. I got them in Kmart. How I was supposed to know that they are black market?

I will not recommend to buy this tyres. Show details

Luka
LukaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

+++ for grip, low noise, excellent response --- durability, cost

i was happy with this tyre but and the performance regarding it but will not buy michellin again due to durability. I bought these in 2014 for my golf gti and they lasted me 28,000KM. poor durability and too costly... Show details
Overall
Ash
Ash

Lifespan of 235/45 R18 Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyre

235/45 R18 Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyre fitted to my new KIA Optima GT. Took in for service at 24,000k and had to replace front tyres as tread very worn. Was accused of driving with low inflation however, this vehicle has warning signal icons on dash that show tyre pressures when low so had re-inflated when necessary. Very surprised I only got 24k as usually expect double of that or more.

Dan4096
Dan4096AU13 posts

Stuart Jack
Stuart Jack2 posts

Average tyre, poor mileage, terrible customer service

Purchased 4 new tyres to replace Continental Cinteratos which achieved 65k on a front wheel drive car. Rear tyres have reached their wear indicators and need replaced after 18k. Front tyres still have good wear left (on front wheel drive car). Contacted Michelin and told 20k is what you can expect mileage wise. After three emails and various phone calls asked to replace tyres at own cost and Michelin would inspect. Asked to speak to Qld manager and never heard anything back. I expected a lot better mileage from these tyres, very poor customer service and very patchy quality.

These tyres were very quiet and offered good grip in varying road conditions, but mileage very poor.

Geoffrey
GeoffreyMelbourne

Michelin Pilot Sport

I had Michelins on my C Class private passenger sedan twice from new, and got 75,000 kms wear both times. Tries Continentals and got half that, so I am back to the Michelins. Some driver, same driving conditions, so will just see if the latest Pilot Sport 4 do as well. I am very pleased with their grip and low road noise (which the Continentals equalled, but effectively are twice the cost).

Paulie
Paulie9 posts

Quitest smoothest most comfortable and best handling

I was looking for new tyres some time ago and got recommended Michelins for an XR6 Falcon, We brought these form Bob Jane TMarts who have been vey good to deal with they are 235/45/17 tyres.Best tyres I have used they are now superseded by Pilot sport 4 . They have been quite, very comfortable and handle extremely well especially in the wet. Wear is very impressive they have done over 33000km I was thinking of buying pilot sport 4 a couple of months ago but a mechanic looked at my tyres and said you are probably going to get close to another year out of these its only a bargain buying something when you actually need it. I would highly recommend these tyres and the price was not much more than the Bob Jane Brand tyres.

Jorge
JorgeVitoria2 posts

They last a lot and I feel safer

Great tyres. Driving correctly they last really very long. I was using a cheaper brand, but I had to replace the tyres often and had problems in roundabout when raining. I decided to try Michelin pilot sport 3 because of the good reviews and I feel I made a perfect choice. They grip very well in wet and dry conditions. Although the price is a bit more expensive than other options, it's really worth it, because they last longer.

Kevin L.
Kevin L.

Can I mix a new existing Pilot Sport 3 235/45 18 98W with a new Pilot Sport 4 safely ?

genisis

I would but I’m not an expert similar tyres

ProfKennR
ProfKennR

Front tyres, ContiSportContact 265/40/21 on Merc ML350 have lasted about 17,000 km. Scrubbed outer on fronts. Very disappointed. Anyone got ideas what to buy next?

Val
Val

I've got a Ford XR6 - (245/40 18R 97Y) Need to replace my Pirelli P1 (worn out). Was going for the Pirelli P7 ($279) but have been told that the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 is as good - possibly even quieter & cheaper per tyre ($214). I do country miles & odd dirt rd. Any experience or ideas which way I should go? V V

Jacob
Jacob
See all Michelin Pilot Sport 3 questions

The Latitude Sport 3 is a high-performance summer tyre from Michelin focused on offering high mileage for SUV and 4x4 drivers. It offers a more secure, faster braking response, braking 2.7m shorter on wet roads than competing tyres. Innovative tread compound with high structural durability offers high torque transfer to the road when braking and acceleration as well as eco-friendly production.

These tyres have been replaced with the Michelin Pilot Spot 4 which offers more precise handling and steering control.

Features

• Original equipment to over 200 vehicle models
  • Fitment to AMG SL, CLS and S-Class
  • Provides excellent response & high levels of grip in all conditions
  • Better road holding in bends and three metres shorter braking distance on wet roads
  • More driving pleasure: very precise steering recognised by car manufacturers
  • Outstanding energy efficiency and total long lasting, thanks to more than 10 consecutive Victories at the Le Mans 24 Hours

What reviewers thought

These tyres have been hailed for their grip and perform well in wet conditions. The only downside people have mentioned frequently is that the tyres are not very durable. The customer service can also be frustrating for dissatisfied customers.