Google Pixel 3a

• Software
Sue A.

Sue A.Perth, WA

I love my Google 3A phone

I found that having had a Google 2 and and now a Google 3 it is the most reliable mobile phone I have ever owned and I think will ever own. The battery is outstanding the software is very reliable and the photography is absolutely amazing this is a picture of a sandgroaper that I took in my garden.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$649.00.

Brendo

BrendoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Exceeds expectations

After using premium handsets for 10 years I opted for a mid-range handset in the Pixel 3A.

The phone over achieves in all categories, with the best features being the camera and battery life. The processor is noticeably mid-range which shows when trying to utilise multiple apps at once and unlocking the phone.

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$700.00.

Robin

RobinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great phone with fantastic photos

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hifi Home for A$650.00.

Richard

RichardGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Flagship camera at a great price

The pixel 3a is what all pixels should arrive to be . A well priced and we'll featured phone .

The screen is bright and clear being AMOLED and the camera is up there with the best for a single lense

There is sometimes lag when taking multiple photos and swapping between apps but it hasn't been a bother

Purchased in November 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$450.00.

Software

Great phone, especially for the price

Purchased in November 2019 at Google Store.

Alex

Alex

Good phone but Google Photos wiped an entire album

Up until recently I've loved this phone - good price point, great camera and pics, interface was great, etc.

But I recently discovered an entire album of photos on Google Photos was completely wiped. I had backed up offline so only lost half a dozen pics and videos, but this is super scary. Some Google searching showed this was common, and Google's only response was to push people to regularly back up via the cloud. Not a great response.

Will keep using it as over all it's a good phone, but this is a concerning development and I'll need to back up offline every week from now on

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$630.00.

h4yl3z

h4yl3zSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incredible quality

Bought this outright as I wanted to change to prepaid. I have been so happy with this phone. The photo quality is out of this world, you can opt to blur the background and produce amazing images in portrait mode. Also there is an amazing feature that you can use at night which brightens images taken in dark settings or at night and it corrects the brightness and colours. Eg, can use for fireworks. The phone is very fast and has never lagged like some others do. Google allows for amazing voice recognition which I usually used for sending or replying to text messages when I am driving and I don't need to touch the phone at all.

Purchased in August 2019 at Kogan.com for A$639.00.

Kate

KateSydney

GPS doesn't track location/ update directions

Cannot use GPS for maps as it doesn't track location. Therefore directions don't update and the phone doesn't know where we are on the map. Has caused multiple issues for me. Also phone arrived with a cracked screen after purchasing at jbhifi. No word back re these two waranty enquiries. Also fyi terrible battery life. Charged to 100% while on airplane mode. Left for 3 hours on airplane mode and now 70% battery left. Hugely disappointed.

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for A$649.00.

nikki_lishSydney, NSW

Wow! Amazing camera! Love this phone!

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$649.00.

gunsparky

gunsparkySydney, NSW

Not Happy

I carry my phone in my pocket and when it rings and I pull it out of my pocket. I have no idea if it is going to terminate the call answer the call or wait for me do one of these things deliberately.
The video is great except when it gets jittery.
There are many things to like about this phone but the bugs aren't worth the hassle.
I have cheaper phones that didn't give me these problems.

Purchased in March 2019 at Officeworks Physical store for A$600.00.

Retiree

RetireeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Fabulous Phone

I have always had an iPhone, but they are now too expensive. I have had the Google Pixel 3a for about 2 months now, and it is amazing, and half the price of an iPhone. It is very logical and easy to learn, with some interesting screens and a great camera.

Purchased in August 2019 at Officeworks for A$649.00.

concerned18

concerned18Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

A good phone for the dollars

I bought this phone mainly because I was after a phone with a great camera and I didn't want to pay Samsung prices. Also I am a slave to google software so it made sense to have it all integrated. Whereas it hasn't changed my life, it is nevertheless a decent little phone. The battery life is much better than my old Samsung and the camera does live up to expectations. A few things to get used to, it took me ages to find where the photos were stored, how to get google assistant to work and how to take a screen shot. Also finding a good quality phone case is a challenge. But all these challenges have been overcome and overall I am very happy with my very reasonably priced new phone

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$695.00.

txb

txbSydney, NSW

Google Pixel 3a smartphone

Got this smartphone as part of a promotional deal with Telstra/JB HIFI. I am not a fan of phones getting bigger and ridiculously bigger. I loved my iphone 5s, and the pixel is slightly larger but is much more worth bang for buck in terms of internal features and camera quality. I am very happy with it after a week of use I was adjusted to android from apple ios.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hifi Home for A$649.00.

tddh

tddhVictoria

Good phone for reasonable price.

I purchased Pixel 3a to replace my ageing iPhone, it was a good decision, very happy with the purchase. Credits to Pixel 3a are thin, light weight, medium size, OLED screen, good battery, very good camera, does not cost a fortune to own one, love android OS system, quite different experience. By the way, my wife wanted to swap her iphone XR for my pixel 3a, but I said "No", :). Strongly recommended to people looking for a mid range phone.

Purchased in July 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$649.00.

Google Traveler

Google TravelerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It's a Superb Camera, oh yes it makes phone calls too.

Google Pixel 3a is a competent, quality phone.
It's made by Google and boy can it Google!
What do i mean?
Well say Ok Google and this sucker is there. It can be in your pocket, on your car seat, across the room and it's there for you.
If you like the Google platform you will love this phone!
Screen, OLED and awesome.
Battery, great.
Camera well brilliant.
Same as its big brother's the pixel 3 costing twice much
Best low light phone in the world.
So if you are after a brilliant camera get this phone. Oh yes it makes phone calls too.

Purchased in May 2019 for A$550.00.

aaron s.

aaron s.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent phone for the price

Great phone works fast, great screen, nice size medium size, nice squeeze feature to access Google assistant. Smooth touch screen. No problem with lag time. Reccomened to people looking for a mid range phone

Purchased in June 2019 at Vodafone for A$650.00.

Katiana

Katiana

Screen smashed from minor drop

Purchased in July 2019 at Officeworks Physical store for A$649.00.

Liam D

Liam DAU

Google’s IPhone XR

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$649.00.

Ben

BenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Phone

Very satisfied with my choice to upgrade to a Pixel 3a. Camera is fantastic. Especially in low light. Plastic design is a plus for me as it makes it very lightweight. Setup was extremely easy. Would definitely recommend.

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$549.00.