ERT01, ERT16
See the Best Tents in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Gordigear? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Portability

Toughest of all the roof top tents

Purchased in December 2019.

Tension WrenchSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Best Roof Top Tent

After 12 months and a lot of research I purchased the Explorer Plus. After 5 years of heavy use I can honestly say the research was worth it. We lived in it for 6 months while we traveled for work and had a ball. The real test came in the high country when the weather turned on us. 100km hour winds and torrential rain and the Explorer Plus performed flawlessly.
I looked at a lot of reviews of the "popular" tents out there but they need to do a review of the best.
Can't recommend the highly enough!

Purchased in May 2015 at Gold Coast for $1,400.00.

Other Tents

My first story Apartment

Researched RTTs for 6 months and finally decided on the Explorer plus and annex. First 5 nights in it we had gale force winds, torrential rain, and hail, tent didn't notice them. Very very happy with it.

Purchased in September 2019 at Off Road camping NZ.

Tents

Find out how Gordigear Explorer Plus compares to other Tents

duststormMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Gordigear rooftop tent is great, they have a great product with great comfort and great back-up!

ElChapposanta rosa

I wish I hadn't waited this long.

Excellent quality, easy up/down

We get setup very quickly, no problem with access for either of us (late 60s). With a Troopy it is good to have a full width roof rack, as access is required all the way around if you want to zipper the cover all the way around every time you pack up. We usually don't bother unless it's raining or severe dust is expected, the cover straps are usually enough. Overall very high quality at a good price. Watch the videos so you can make an educated decision.

Dazzzler
DazzzlerHobart

Great product and FANTASTIC service

Elly

Hi there, would you still say the Gordigear roof top tent is really good now its been a few months later? I live in Victoria so can't actually visit and see one in the flesh!

Outstanding product and service.

I think the Gordigear roof tent is a great product. Have used it countless times and has been through some heavy weather conditions without any issues.
Outstanding product and service.
Great service and price, easy set up

Other Tents

Keith Lyon
Keith Lyonasked
Explorer Plus

Not familiar with this tent,can anyone tell me the thickness of the matress, thanks in advance.

Swoffa
Swoffa

It is the thickest of all the tents at 8cm, plus has a waterproof edge wrap so it doesn't touch the canvas sides. I find it a bit too hard so have added a 3cm egg crate topper pad, perfect.

duststorm

I can't recall the thickness but it was comfortable. I suggest to buy a mattress topper which will provide additional comfort.
We slept better than at home on an expensive mattress.

Tension Wrench

8cm. Very comfortable. Best thing is that it is a 4 season tent.Most of the are 1500 -3000mm water head rating but Gordigear is 10,000mm. Had mine 5 years would by again but with all the spare parts it will live forever.

Hazz
Hazzasked
Explorer Plus

just wondering about bugproofness. looking at cheaper options, this is a problem at the base where pole supports are and along zip and awning rail, there are gaps.
everyone has 5 star reviews here but no-one mentions about bugs.

duststorm

We used it for close 10 years and we cannot remember having any trouble with any insects.

Tension Wrench

I've had mine for 5 years and I haven't had a bug problem.

seamusasked
Explorer Plus ERT16

I got mdc camper , want get rid of the top and put a ert16 roof top ..will the combo work?

ElChappo

I'm not familiar with "mdc". But you can mount a rtt on almost any roof rack bars.

seamus

Not a help .. mdc camper trailer

Compare both Gordigear Explorer Plus