Guild Insurance

• <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (3) · No (1)

Buyers Beware

This company will try to avoid making claim payments whenever they can.
Avoid them at all cost. Go with a more reputable, well-known company that has a lot of eyes on it. Know your policies and entitlements before rushing into a really cheap insurance company that will cost you your money when a disaster strikes.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Muzza

MuzzaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

6 stars

Handled our claim with empathy, integrity, speed and excellence. Jordan and his team were in constant contact with us to ensure works were being completed and to our satisfaction, throughout the whole process.Other insurance companies could learn so much from the way GUILD conduct themselves. Couldn’t be happier with the end result. I would give them 6 stars if I could. Thank you.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJuly 2020
Rachel C.

Rachel C.Illawarra, NSW

Great customer service for professional indemnity insurance

My hours this year have fluctuated, and Guild has been extremely helpful with reducing premiums, and then increasing them as work has picked up.
There's always someone chatty and helpful, and based in Australia to answer my calls.
Being indemnity insurance I haven't made a claim (and hope to never need this insurance)
I have had a policy with Guild since 1996 without anything negative to report

Claim MadeNo
Business Insurance

Find out how Guild Insurance compares to other Business Insurance

Ann P

Ann PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't refund premium when policy is cancelled

I am a Personal Trainer, and without gym space to work in, and non-essential services stopped due to COVID-19, most of my work is now as a copywriter. I tried to add PI for copywriting to my policy but they don't cover that profession. I asked to cancel my policy, and they were happy to do that, but they would not refund the premium that I have already paid (8 months in advance today) because it was "too small of an amount". Yet, I wasn't going to be covered for any claims during that time. Hey Guild, that $70-$80 might be small to you, but might be the difference between me eating this week or not...

Claim MadeNo

The fairest, most principled insurance company I have ever encountered.

A superb, principled insurance company - objective and fair, in every possible way. Throughout my dealings with them, I noticed that they are always willing to get down to the nitty gritty of any kind of incident - and to seek out the best possible outcome for you and your business. I would recommend Guild insurance to anyone who is looking for a perfectly loyal, Aussie-friendly company.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateMarch 2020
Kimmy C

Kimmy CPerth, WA

The Opposite of What I Believed Insurers To Be

Guild do have a reputation of being a bit more pricey but when we needed it - we had support, assessment, information, and a quick resolution to our claim. We were kept informed at every stage of the process (had never done it before), and it was resolved within 2 weeks of accident. Online portal is easy to follow and made the paperwork side of things simple. We have all our cars with them (5 at last count) and house/contents.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateApril 2019
Michael S

Michael SNorthern Region, NSW

Look else where

I had been a customer for nearly 20 years thinking I was covered when needed. First time I make a claim in 20 years and they refuse to pay. The customer service was very poor. No way to treat your long term customers. Needless to say I have gone else where.

Claim ApprovedNo
nbmoller

nbmollerAU

Been with Guild with Home and Contents Insurance for 10 years and have made a couple of small claims

Insurance claim madeYes
MummaJane

MummaJaneAdelaide

Unhelpful customer service

Took out the Basic Home Contents insurance with $500 excess. I called a couple of times to clarify the terms and update my policy. The customer service experience was odd and unhelpful and they were trying to get me off the phone as quick as possible. Yet you have to call them to update policy as not online access.

Business Insurance

Find out how Guild Insurance compares to other Business Insurance

Kublai

KublaiRingwood North

Do not stop here- look elsewhere.

beany

beanyEagleby

Quick to assist

I've found Guild to be exceptional in Brisbane for home and contents insurance. They have been so quick to send people out to assist and have been easy to deal with. I highly recommend them

Insurance claim madeYes
xylophonens

xylophonensSydney, NSW

Not recommended they don't cover you or pay!

They are expensive and the fine print ensures they do not pay even for small claims. One has to prove the date of the occasion and who caused the damage.
They charge double Compared to NMRA.
They of course come immediately to assess and then delay delay.
One should never take landlord insurance.
With all the premiums I paid over 6 years I could cover my own damage.
It's impossible as they know to prove malicious damage and the time and date of occurrence.