Guild Insurance

Guild Insurance

The Opposite of What I Believed Insurers To Be

Guild do have a reputation of being a bit more pricey but when we needed it - we had support, assessment, information, and a quick resolution to our claim. We were kept informed at every stage of the process (had never done it before), and it was resolved within 2 weeks of accident. Online portal is easy to follow and made the paperwork side of things simple. We have all our cars with them (5 at last count) and house/contents.

Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateApril 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Look else where

I had been a customer for nearly 20 years thinking I was covered when needed. First time I make a claim in 20 years and they refuse to pay. The customer service was very poor. No way to treat your long term customers. Needless to say I have gone else where.

Claim MadeYes
Claim ApprovedNo

Been with Guild with Home and Contents Insurance for 10 years and have made a couple of small claims

I have been with Guild with Home and Contents Insurance for 10 years and have made a couple of small claims. The first claim was for a garage roller door which we backed into accidently, claim was accessed and approved the same day total claim was about $2500 less excess, the second claim was for spoiled food during a very extended power blackout, that was about $700, I had to take a bit of a heavy hand to the accessor as they started to quibble about 2 and 3 dollar items on the claim, the state manger stepped in and quickly resolved the issue and forgave any excess - So over all they are no too bad to deal with. Yes they tend to be a little more expensive but if you take the time to read the policy you will see its a pretty comprehensive policy. I have the Elite policy.

Insurance claim madeYes

Unhelpful customer service

Took out the Basic Home Contents insurance with $500 excess. I called a couple of times to clarify the terms and update my policy. The customer service experience was odd and unhelpful and they were trying to get me off the phone as quick as possible. Yet you have to call them to update policy as not online access.

Insurance claim madeNo

Do not stop here- look elsewhere.

I waited 2 weeks for the assessor to call me checking my phones everyday and I am panicking as my mum cannot afford to have the house empty and in the end no one came.

Without sending an assessor the Technical Claims Specialist ([name removed]) at the time said it sounded like the seal where the tiles meet the shower recess has broken down. This and rotting occurs over a period of time and is deemed as maintenance that is not afforded under the policy - but that is not true, in fact none of the builders/trades people could actually figure in the end where the leak was from. [name removed] has out ability to assess remotely... superpowers.

It is criminal, in the end this company ripped my mum off and delayed our renovations by 2 weeks until I dare not delay renovations anymore.. and I could not afford the time at the time to pursue insurance.

Quick to assist

I've found Guild to be exceptional in Brisbane for home and contents insurance. They have been so quick to send people out to assist and have been easy to deal with. I highly recommend them

Insurance claim madeYes

Not recommended they don't cover you or pay!

They are expensive and the fine print ensures they do not pay even for small claims. One has to prove the date of the occasion and who caused the damage.
They charge double Compared to NMRA.
They of course come immediately to assess and then delay delay.
One should never take landlord insurance.
With all the premiums I paid over 6 years I could cover my own damage.
It's impossible as they know to prove malicious damage and the time and date of occurrence.