Haakaa Silicone

• Comfort
  • Feeding Methods
Sarah P.

Sarah P.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Convenient, portable & easy to keep clean.

What I loved about my Haakaa was it wasn't such a huge process to clean it. I initially started off using a hospital grade pump which just felt like another chore as a first time mum. I hated pumping so I didn't do it. Then a friend of mine told me how awesome this product was and you just attach it to the other side whilst you are breastfeeding! I couldn't believe how much milk it was catching and I could do it all at the same time! One less thing for me to have to worry about. The only issue was I didn't find it easy to express with this when not breastfeeding so when my little one was a bit older and I got some spare time back I started using the hospital grade pump again for 10 minutes a day.

Purchased in September 2019 at Milkbar Breastpumps for A$50.85.

Usage Frequency Long-term
Feeding Methods Baby Formula and Breastfeeding
Melisa

MelisaSydney, NSW

Better than Spectra for me

Love my haakaa because
- pumps three times as much (140mls) as spectra in 24hrs
- able to use passively while breastfeeding
- can sleep instead of pumping with spectra
- fits my B cups/petite frame easily

Purchased in March 2020 for A$50.00.

Usage Frequency Long-term
Milk Expressing FrequencyFrequently (more than once a day)

Caused mastitis?!

Purchased in March 2020.

Usage Frequency Short-term
Milk Expressing FrequencyFrequently (more than once a day)

K W.

K W.Sydney, NSW

Brilliant

This pump has been really great. Easy and comfortable to use, portable so great for travel and really effective...I’m able to pump more than with my electric pump and much quicker and easier. Very easy to wash and sterilise also.

Purchased in January 2020.

caseyJ

caseyJGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I love this! Very convenient!

I brought the second gen that comes with a lid and a suction part in the bottom for spillage. This has been a lifesaver! I've recently been building up a stash for when I return to work. This has also given me relief when I've woken up with engorgement resulting in 150mls as picture below! I can't rave about this enough!

Purchased in January 2020 for A$45.00.

Aishwarya M.

Aishwarya M.Sydney, NSW

Perfect manual breast pump

This is the best pump. Period.

The price, the ease of use... awesome is the word.
I use it for expressing or just catch my letdowns. Works like magic.
The product itself doesn’t come with a cover - you have to buy it separately but that’s not an issue.

Purchased in September 2019 at Amazon for A$30.00.

Nikki S.

Nikki S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No brainer. Such a time saver.

Somebody gave this to me and it’s the best. Just pop in on while you’re feeding the other side and it collects the leakage but also pumps for you building up some handy little milk storage.

Trista

TristaIllawarra, NSW

Must have!

This product saved my milk supply. It is so handy and efficient. It is great to have attached to the other breast while you feed from one. Used it a lot to help clear blocked ducts without causing over supply issues.

Purchased in July 2019.

Halina

HalinaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Amazing! Even at 9 months post partum

Purchased and used for the first time when my baby was 9 months old. Obviously breastfeeding is well established now and I don’t find I leak very much but wanting to try my baby more regularly with a bottle (which she currently won’t take) before returning to work soon.
Expressing after feeds is annoying and time consuming, so thought I’d give this a go to try and steadily build up as stash of breastmilk. Well I’ve used it twice today already, it’s so easy to just grab and pop on whilst feeding from the other side, and rinses quickly sfterwards. Very happy to easily get 30mls without any effort, I thought maybe I’d only get a dribble! Very pleased with my purchase, should easily have a bottle by the end of the day.

Purchased in September 2019 at Amazon for A$20.00.

Sarah

Sarah

Easy and worth trying before pumping

Purchased at Amazon for A$18.00.

lishylee

lishylee

Fantastic product!

This is a great pump to use. It’s so easy. I can usually get a decent amount every time I use it. At first when bub was little I would use it on the side I wasn’t nursing on. Now if I pump I can still use it on the opposite side and it gets a decent amount which makes pumping quicker when needed. Well worth the purchase. Would be great for someone who wants to create a freezer stash but dislikes the idea of pumping with an electric pump. A tip I learnt was to fold the flange back and squeeze haakaa and then attach it, that way it will not fall off.

Purchased in September 2018 at Be Calm Baby for A$40.00.

Marta Enigmamachine

Marta EnigmamachineSydney, NSW

very good product

Haakaa silicone milk catcher. This product is for women with a lot of supply, but also for ladies who just need t catch that extra overflow form second breast!
I would use it while breastfeeding both of my kids - breastfeeding on one breast and HAAKAA on the other!
I love the HAAKAA with the stand and the lid!
I recommend to every single MAMA to be, if they are planning to breastfeed for long time!

Purchased in November 2016 for A$29.00.

Jess

JessSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works a dream to save milk

I was originally pumping but was desperate to save breast milk incase we needed it so started using a haaka on the opposite side I was breast feeding on. Wasn’t a huge fan at first but now that I have the hang of breast feeding and can rest baby on a pillow and have free hands, I can support the haaka without worrying it will fall off. I use it a few times enough and end up with enough to store for a bottle if needed (or freeze for future use).

Purchased in February 2019 for A$25.00.

Kate N

Kate NPerth, WA

Convenient and so easy to use

I have been using the Haakaa as an alternative to my electric pump. It’s so easy to use. One thing that I’ve learnt to help the let down faster is by getting your baby to feed a small amount on the side you express then apply the Haakaa. I used it when travelling when I was full. It also goes in dishwasher!!

Purchased in June 2018.

Feeding Methods Baby Formula
Amanda

AmandaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Average

The easiest breast pump I have ever used but I feel like if you don’t have a good let down or good supply it doesn’t work. Would still recommend to give it a go

Purchased in February 2019 at Amazon for A$30.00.

Feeding Methods Baby Formula

swhit

swhitbne

Better than an electric pump

I used to use this to just catch let down, now I am using it to assist hand pumping. I had limited luck with electric pumps and hated all the cleaning.
Only concern is the local milk bank won't accept milk expressed this way as they have had a very high contamination rate. Just be careful with cleaning etc.

Loryn

LorynThe Entrance

Love, love , love my Haakaa!

I am so in love with my Haakaa silicone breast pump! It suction’s to the breast and catches the let down while feeding my daughter on the other side or I have used it to relieve pressure from engorged breasts.
I love my Haakaa so much that I bought a second one.

Keira

KeiraSHEA-OAK LOG

Easy pump

This thing is a miracle! I just had my baby 4 days ago but noticed I was leaking some while nursing her on the other side. Just suctioned this on and continued nursing and I had caught over an ounce just in the time baby girl was nursing other side! Helps collect without having to pump, and that’s worth it for me alone!

Eve

EveCASSOWARY

Love this thing!

When I first got this, I was afraid my baby would kick it off while he was nursing. But if you have the placement right, the suction is great, so it’s really hard to get knocked off. I usually can get 2-3 Oz while using this. Just be careful when taking this off or setting it down, since this doesn’t have the stopper, it could easily be spilled. I’ve knocked mine over once, and it’s so sad when you lose a whole sessions worth! I’m much more careful now with it.

Gem

GemNewcastle

Better than electric pump

Haakaa is amazing! It seriously gets more than my medela and in half the time. Its effortless and discreet with no funny noises. I use my haakaa at work and have been for the past 9 months, being silicone it is very portable and discreet in my handbag or my back pocket.