Medela Harmony

• Comfort
gemma

gemmaSouth East Queensland, QLD

My favourite pump

This little bad boy is my go-to pump. I actually prefer it to my Spectra S2 for ease of use and portability. It's portable and silent and you can easily control the suction. Perfect for casual pumping.

Purchased in February 2016 at Chemist Warehouse for $49.00.

Medela A.Medela

Hi Gemma, thank you so much for taking the time to tell us why you love your Harmony pump! We are thrilled that you find it quiet and portable and we wish you all the best on your breastfeeding journey and beyond.

Kindest Regards,
Natasha

Ad

Good pump but don't lose any parts. $$$

Great little pump, I have to admit that much. But don't go losing parts! I was in a pickle and decided to bite the bullet and buy the genuine $10 for a single silicone o-ring as I needed it ASAP. At the same time I got in contact with my local seal/o-ring supplier, 36c each, food grade silcone and all, shipped overnight too. Not mad about the shipping time despite the non-genuine one showing up faster, but just shop around first i guess.

Purchased in February 2021 at Big W for $60.00.

Medela A.Medela

Review collected in partnership with Medela

Tegan

TeganFar North Queensland, QLD

Perfect for manual pumping

This product is the most preferred compared to the other brands i have tried. Though i still ended up hiring a hospital grade electronic machine this is easy to take with me when doing ocernight trips away... highly recommend

Medela A.Medela

Hi Tegan, thank you so much for taking the time to review our Harmony manual breast pump. We are so glad that you found it handy when traveling, its size is perfect for trips away when space is limited.

Kind Regards,
Natasha

Khlo

KhloSydney, NSW

Very Good

I bought this for my second baby, and the suction is fantastic. But then again, my milk flow is very good, thus I’m not sure if this would help as much as it did to me than to those mothers who are having hard times with slow milk flow.

Even though it’s pretty expensive, but it’s worth the buy. As far as I know, Medela has good reputation in their breast pump products.

For cleaning, it’s easy to clean and not too complicated to deep clean it.

Purchased in November 2019 at Target Australia for $69.00.

Michael

MichaelMelbourne

Check the breast pad size

Be careful that you buy the right size. I just wasted money on this product because the breast shield is the wrong size for my partner. The box tell you size but it's in microscopic writing on the bottom. Now we have to buy the correct size breast shields separately for $25.99. It's a joke. How about this Medela. Why don't you put large, medium or small in massive writing on the box so people don't buy the wrong one. That might be a nice thing to do for your sleep-deprived customers. Will not be buying anything else from this company.

Dani

DaniHalekulani

Worked well most of the time

Worked well, occasionally will loose suction and milk drops down into pump cup, and will not pump correctly, not sure if this is the product or user error. Purchased Medela as I used their electric version in hospital and was happy with that. Easy to clean and sterilise.

Purchased in April 2018 at Coles Supermarkets for $60.00.

Taz

TazKarratha

Perfect and easy to use

Using the pump once a day and is great, easy to use and easy to clean. Did notice though if not thoroughly cleaned there can be spots of mould on certain parts of the pump so needs to be washed and rinsed thoroughly. Pump has great suction and takes only 15 minutes to fill a 150ml bottle.

LeonardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Breast shield cannot attach to breast very well

This is a light-weight and small-size breast pump, very suitable for using outside. The 2 phase design is a very good idea. But a problem of this breast pump is that its breast shield can not attach to breast very well, because plastic material used to make it is not soft.

Leonard

Thanks for your message! When I bought this from Amazon, there’s no size options for me, so I thought it was one size for all.

Henry

HenryNorth Ryde

Why don’t you try it

I love this pump and crazy about it. From now on I’m not afraid to pump anymore. It pump so fast and does nit hurt you. I feel nothing after I pumped and I can easy to get 100 ml one side of my breast in 4mins. What!!! I asked myself why didn’t I know this before?? Lol... I have electric spectral2 at home and it usually take 10-20 mins to get 100ml each side. It’s painful and left me clogged milk ducks all the time.

Milla

MillaBeverly Hills

Prefect pump!

I love this manual breast pump. I am able to actually express my milk quicker with this pump then I am with any electric breast pump. I'm able to empty both breasts within 15 to 20 minutes. And that is with pumping 4 to 5 ounces from each breast. I love the handle as it helps to keep my hands from cramping which is nice. I found that if you don't wash the handle which has the rubber ring on it then you really don't ever have an issue with needing to replace the O-ring on it like some of the other reviewers have said . I'll just wipe the handle down with the baby wipes every once in a while.

Dba

Dba

Liked it so much I bought a new one

Casahn

CasahnPerth, WA

I replaced my electric Medela for this handpump!

I LOVE this pump. I originally was using a Medela brand that was electric however the motor failed and I had to run out and grab a replacement. I chose the Medela Harmony and was surprised at how much more efficient it was! Although a hand-workout at first, this manual pump allowed me to control my pumping and ended up being considerably more effective. I was comfortably doing 10-20min sessions per side, and then DISHWASHING majority of the parts. What a life saver!

Rabi

RabiAdelaide

Easy n quick

I found this pump very easy to use. My child was born prem and i have to express the milk every 4hrs to increase my milk supply and this was a life saver for me. Thanks to medella really recommend one's who is stuiggling hard like me.ot is easy to clean and to use again and again.

Ash

Ash

Worst $400 I have ever spent!!!

I bought the double head swing pump for $400 and my $100 crappy single head pump works better. I am constantly undoing it and doing it back up to try and get the suction to work. It is so unbelievably frustrating when I have to pump every three hours. I literally spend more time trying to get it to work than I do pumping. Complete waste of time and money. I will never purchase medela products again

azuraDarling Downs, QLD

Better than my eBay purchase

Being a first time mum I had purchased a cheap hand held pump online not thinking I would actually ever need to use it... because you just attach the baby to the breast right? So anyway, I didn’t thing the hand held was great so I purchased a medela in hope that it would help and boy did it!!! It was so easy to clean in comparison and to use! I love this pump.

azura

Your welcome, yes it is a great product.

Jenny

JennyMelbourne

Easy to use and store

Used it when I gave birth to my daughter. Very easy to use. My milk supply is good so I easily fill it up. It came handy when I went to Sydney with my mom without my daughter- had to pump my sore breast. And even when I weaned my baby recently, it relieved me of the discomfort

Alicia

Alicia

Perfect compact hand pump

I didn’t pump much and this pump was perfect. It’s easy to assemble, clean and maintain. It’s very comfortable to use (although I had to buy the part that goes onto the breast in a smaller size). It was quite fast for me to pump what I needed, not more than 10min. But that obviously is a very subjective thing and depends on the flow. I would definitely use again.

Alexia

Alexia

It’s alright

I rushed out and bought a pump just to help with oversupply. This seemed to have consistently decent reviews. I had no idea that this only and with (large) nipple sizes, so it really hurt until I ordered the right size. They were difficult to track down and cost $29.95, which I thought was outrageous for two pieces of plastic.

I don’t know whether it’s my breasts or the pump, but I got more milk by hand-expressing. It’s okay for urgent situations but in hindsight, I should have just invested in an electric one. I would have used it more. Don’t think this is worth the price tag. Also, my son could not figure out how to get milk out of this bottle...and neither could I!

Geegee

GeegeeGympie

Good for the price paid

The medela harmony was easy to put together and use. At one stage I was using every hour to try and increase my milk supply supply. I loved the stand that comes with it as I could easily place back into the fridge without spilling any. I did find there was a specific way you had to hold it for the milk to go down into the bottle with spilling anywhere and that’s the only downside. The pump was easy to pull apart to clean and sterilise. I would recommend as a pump but if you can afford to definitely get an electric one

Barb

Barb

Pumping in Harmony

Medea Harmony is very convenient
Compact smart looking light weight
Comfortable easy to use clean & carry
I tried 4 or 5 over 6 years & on 3 children & Medea Harmoney is by far the best for me
I highly recommend to hire try or buy for yourself & your baby