Medela Harmony

Medela Harmony

Worked well most of the time

Worked well, occasionally will loose suction and milk drops down into pump cup, and will not pump correctly, not sure if this is the product or user error. Purchased Medela as I used their electric version in hospital and was happy with that. Easy to clean and sterilise.

Purchased at Coles Supermarkets for $60.00.

Good
Portability
Noise Level
Very quiet
Suction
Comfort
Usage Frequency Short-term
Milk Expressing FrequencyOccasionally (once a day or less)
Feeding Methods Breastfeeding

Perfect and easy to use

Using the pump once a day and is great, easy to use and easy to clean. Did notice though if not thoroughly cleaned there can be spots of mould on certain parts of the pump so needs to be washed and rinsed thoroughly. Pump has great suction and takes only 15 minutes to fill a 150ml bottle.

Hi Taz Thank you for your feedback on the Medela Harmony pump. The Harmony is a great occasional use pump. Our recommendation for cleaning is to wash all parts of the pump that come in to contact with breastmilk after each use with a mild detergent and rinse well. Sterilize every 24 hours. Kind regards Pauline

Breast shield cannot attach to breast very well

This is a light-weight and small-size breast pump, very suitable for using outside. The 2 phase design is a very good idea. But a problem of this breast pump is that its breast shield can not attach to breast very well, because plastic material used to make it is not soft.

Hi Leonard Thank you for your review of the Harmony breast pump. Are you ware that our shields come in 5 different sizes to accommodate the needs of the mother. They range from 21mm to 36mm. For more information on breast shield sizing please see the link below https://www.medela.com.au/breastfeeding/products/collecting/personal-fit-breast-shield. Kind regards PaulineThanks for your message! When I bought this from Amazon, there’s no size options for me, so I thought it was one size for all.

Why don’t you try it

I love this pump and crazy about it. From now on I’m not afraid to pump anymore. It pump so fast and does nit hurt you. I feel nothing after I pumped and I can easy to get 100 ml one side of my breast in 4mins. What!!! I asked myself why didn’t I know this before?? Lol... I have electric spectral2 at home and it usually take 10-20 mins to get 100ml each side. It’s painful and left me clogged milk ducks all the time.

Hi Henry Thank you for your fantastic review of the Medela Harmony Pump. Using the manual pump with 2 Phase Expression Technology gives mothers complete control, which is obviously a great benefit for you. Thanks very much for your feedback Henry Kind regards Pauline

Prefect pump!

I love this manual breast pump. I am able to actually express my milk quicker with this pump then I am with any electric breast pump. I'm able to empty both breasts within 15 to 20 minutes. And that is with pumping 4 to 5 ounces from each breast. I love the handle as it helps to keep my hands from cramping which is nice. I found that if you don't wash the handle which has the rubber ring on it then you really don't ever have an issue with needing to replace the O-ring on it like some of the other reviewers have said . I'll just wipe the handle down with the baby wipes every once in a while.

Hi Milla Thank you for your review of the Medela Harmony manual pump, it is also great value and like you say there is really no need to wash the handle as you would the other parts of the pump. Also, the O-ring is replaceable should you misplace it, saying that, there really is no need to ever remove this from the stem when washing. The ergonomic handle helps with comfortable pumping, especially for extended periods of time. It is the perfect back up to an electric pump or for an occasional use pump. Kind regards Pauline

Liked it so much I bought a new one

I've bought this twice now. I accidentally left my first to sterilize and walked out of the house leaving it to boil. Poor little thing melted. Fire fighters were finished clearing my house of the smoke by the time I returned (house did not catch fire, luckily!)

Once you get the hang of it, it is easy to assemble and disassemble. The suction is strong and I have got litres of breast milk out of my boobs with it. I also found it incredibly helpful when I was struggling with blocked ducts. I could control the pressure and even move it around to express from a particular duct. I honestly credit it for having avoided mastitis!

If you're going to be expressing a lot, maybe an electric pump would work better for you. I only had the occasional night out, so expressed once a day for my child to be used to taking the bottle. This pump was well suited to my needs.

Hi Dba, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review of the Medela Harmony manual breast pump, especially when you have had so much happening!!! If you need any spare parts these are available from our web store www.medelastore.com.au or alternatively if we can be of any further assistance please call us on our freephone number 1800 787 345. Many thanks Medela Australia

I replaced my electric Medela for this handpump!

I LOVE this pump. I originally was using a Medela brand that was electric however the motor failed and I had to run out and grab a replacement. I chose the Medela Harmony and was surprised at how much more efficient it was! Although a hand-workout at first, this manual pump allowed me to control my pumping and ended up being considerably more effective. I was comfortably doing 10-20min sessions per side, and then DISHWASHING majority of the parts. What a life saver!

Hi Casahn Thank you for your review of the Medela Harmony. Yes, the Harmony is a great little pump for occasional use. As you say, it is a little bit of a workout and that’s why most people choose an electric pump especially if they are pumping for long periods of time. You can quite safely put all parts of the Harmony in the dishwasher, just be a little careful with the membrane as it is so small you may lose it. Thank you again for your review. Kind regards Pauline

Easy n quick

I found this pump very easy to use. My child was born prem and i have to express the milk every 4hrs to increase my milk supply and this was a life saver for me. Thanks to medella really recommend one's who is stuiggling hard like me.ot is easy to clean and to use again and again.

Hi Rabi Thank you for your review of the Medela Harmony pump. The Harmony is a great manual pump. A fantastic pump to use as an “occasional use” pump or a back up pump to your electric pump should you have no batteries or power source. Kind regards Pauline

Worst $400 I have ever spent!!!

I bought the double head swing pump for $400 and my $100 crappy single head pump works better. I am constantly undoing it and doing it back up to try and get the suction to work. It is so unbelievably frustrating when I have to pump every three hours. I literally spend more time trying to get it to work than I do pumping. Complete waste of time and money. I will never purchase medela products again

Hi Ash Thank you for your review, I assume you are talking about the Medela Swing Maxi when you mention the “double head pump”. Medela certainly understand the frustration of spending so much time trying to get your pump to work. Can I ask when you made this purchase? Your pump has a warranty period of 2 years and if you are still having trouble can I please advise you to go back to your place of purchase with your receipt and explain the difficulty you are having. The retailer should be able to assist you and do some troubleshooting. Kind regards Pauline

Better than my eBay purchase

Being a first time mum I had purchased a cheap hand held pump online not thinking I would actually ever need to use it... because you just attach the baby to the breast right? So anyway, I didn’t thing the hand held was great so I purchased a medela in hope that it would help and boy did it!!! It was so easy to clean in comparison and to use! I love this pump.

Hi Azura Thank you very much for your feedback. It is always nice to know our Customers are happy with their purchase. Yes, the Medela Harmony is a fantastic pump, comfortable to use and easy to assemble and clean. It is also a great back up for an electric pump should you have no batteries or power source. Kind regards PaulineYour welcome, yes it is a great product.

Easy to use and store

Used it when I gave birth to my daughter. Very easy to use. My milk supply is good so I easily fill it up. It came handy when I went to Sydney with my mom without my daughter- had to pump my sore breast. And even when I weaned my baby recently, it relieved me of the discomfort

Perfect compact hand pump

I didn’t pump much and this pump was perfect. It’s easy to assemble, clean and maintain. It’s very comfortable to use (although I had to buy the part that goes onto the breast in a smaller size). It was quite fast for me to pump what I needed, not more than 10min. But that obviously is a very subjective thing and depends on the flow. I would definitely use again.

It’s alright

I rushed out and bought a pump just to help with oversupply. This seemed to have consistently decent reviews. I had no idea that this only and with (large) nipple sizes, so it really hurt until I ordered the right size. They were difficult to track down and cost $29.95, which I thought was outrageous for two pieces of plastic.

I don’t know whether it’s my breasts or the pump, but I got more milk by hand-expressing. It’s okay for urgent situations but in hindsight, I should have just invested in an electric one. I would have used it more. Don’t think this is worth the price tag. Also, my son could not figure out how to get milk out of this bottle...and neither could I!

Good for the price paid

The medela harmony was easy to put together and use. At one stage I was using every hour to try and increase my milk supply supply. I loved the stand that comes with it as I could easily place back into the fridge without spilling any. I did find there was a specific way you had to hold it for the milk to go down into the bottle with spilling anywhere and that’s the only downside. The pump was easy to pull apart to clean and sterilise. I would recommend as a pump but if you can afford to definitely get an electric one

Pumping in Harmony

Medea Harmony is very convenient
Compact smart looking light weight
Comfortable easy to use clean & carry
I tried 4 or 5 over 6 years & on 3 children & Medea Harmoney is by far the best for me
I highly recommend to hire try or buy for yourself & your baby

Did the job well

The Medela Harmony was the best pump I tried. It is easy to use. Because you're pumping manually, you can control the speed, force, etc of the pump which I think helped me loads. The only downside was that the pump handle sometimes popped off and I needed to stop and re-attach it. Apart from that, I was very happy with the product.

Good product but very slow process.

My wife used this for a while with my daughter. For a cheap option it works quite well and does not make much mess. The main down side is that it takes a long time to fully pump. We borrowed the electric version from a friend and wife said was much better. Definitely recommend if you cant afford the automatic pump or you want something a bit more portable but suggest upgrading to the non manual pump.

Best purchase

Purchased this pump as a back up before having my twins. Its GREAT! had to end up using it every day, every 3/4 hours for one of the twins for about 3 weeks and it was fine to use. For a manual pump it works really well and fast and even with that much use at the start, its still working really well. Handy that its also portable. Would recommend this product to all new mums.

Value for money

Wife has had this with twin pregnancy and it has surprisingly worked very well. It was used several times a week but could be used more. It is manual but pumps efficiently. Medela brand is a good one. It is also quite easy to clean and maintain. A quality, value for money product.

A nice pump for the money!

A convenient pump for anyone who wants to use couple of times per day. Easy to use, easy to clean and the pump works well with stimulation mode. Not recommended for people who use daily to extract milk for the whole day as electric pumps would be suitable for that purpose. Buy with an offer, so it'll be more value for money!