4Medela Harmony

4.3

Jill
JillSydney, NSW14 posts

Great hand held pump

This pump is great and easy to use, the handle has 2 different ways to pump to stimulate the milk. I recommend you read how to use it both ways to understand how to get the best out of it!! Show details
Milly
MillyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This is perfect! Can’t live without it

Little did it know how effective manual pump is compare to the electric ones. I have been using the double electric medela pump for 7mnths and could never pump more than 150ml. After having milk duct and couldn’t get milk out from electric medela pump, i decided to try manual medela…it was a life changer…150ml from the milk duct breast within 15mins!! Should’ve bought the manual in the first place instead of wasting $400 on the electric ones. Show details ·  1
Ebony B.
Ebony B.7 posts

Super handy!

Easy, light and portable, I found this pump more convenient than my hospital grade portable pump and had the same output. Easy to clean and easy to use, I preferences using this pump. Show details ·  1
Meo
MeoPerth, WA6 posts

Amazing

I had so much trouble pumping with the freestyle flex ($400), it will run it for over 20 mins and I might get 10 - 20 mls from both breasts. I have also tried the Tommee tippee manual silicone pump, it was a improvement, but it was would take quite a while to express. I purchased the Harmony pump while was out shopping and my baby was refusing to feed (potentially from being uncomfortable in the parents room) and I desperately needed to pump to relieve breast engorgement. I can not believe it, it was only about $50 and in less than 5 minutes, I got 50mls. It is so affordable, I think I got lucky with the shield size, I didn't check but I ended up with the 24mm, which is the exact same shield on my electric pump. Show details ·  1
maccy
maccy20 posts

Not great

I bought a hand pump because I was only planning to pump a few times a week. I just didn't get a lot of milk out with this pump, after about 15 minutes all I'd get was about 30mls and a hand cramp.  Show details
gemma
gemmaSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

My favourite pump

This little bad boy is my go-to pump. I actually prefer it to my Spectra S2 for ease of use and portability. It's portable and silent and you can easily control the suction. Perfect for casual pumping. Show details ·  1
Jason Trotter
Jason Trotter

Good pump but don't lose any parts. $$$

Great little pump, I have to admit that much. But don't go losing parts! I was in a pickle and decided to bite the bullet and buy the genuine $10 for a single silicone o-ring as I needed it ASAP. At the same time I got in contact with my local seal/o-ring supplier, 36c each, food grade silcone and all, shipped overnight too. Not mad about the shipping time despite the non-genuine one showing up faster, but just shop around first i guess. Show details ·  1
Tegan
TeganFar North Queensland, QLD8 posts

Perfect for manual pumping

This product is the most preferred compared to the other brands i have tried. Though i still ended up hiring a hospital grade electronic machine this is easy to take with me when doing ocernight trips away... highly recommend Show reply
Khlo
KhloSydney, NSW9 posts

Very Good

I bought this for my second baby, and the suction is fantastic. But then again, my milk flow is very good, thus I’m not sure if this would help as much as it did to me than to those mothers who are having hard times with slow milk flow.

Even though it’s pretty expensive, but it’s worth the buy. As far as I know, Medela has good reputation in their breast pump products.

For cleaning, it’s easy to clean and not too complicated to deep clean it. Show details

Michael
MichaelMelbourne2 posts

Check the breast pad size

Be careful that you buy the right size. I just wasted money on this product because the breast shield is the wrong size for my partner. The box tell you size but it's in microscopic writing on the bottom. Now we have to buy the correct size breast shields separately for $25.99. It's a joke. How about this Medela. Why don't you put large, medium or small in massive writing on the box so people don't buy the wrong one. That might be a nice thing to do for your sleep-deprived customers. Will not be buying anything else from this company.
Dani
DaniHalekulani7 posts

Worked well most of the time

Worked well, occasionally will loose suction and milk drops down into pump cup, and will not pump correctly, not sure if this is the product or user error. Purchased Medela as I used their electric version in hospital and was happy with that. Easy to clean and sterilise. Show details
Taz
TazKarratha7 posts

Perfect and easy to use

Using the pump once a day and is great, easy to use and easy to clean. Did notice though if not thoroughly cleaned there can be spots of mould on certain parts of the pump so needs to be washed and rinsed thoroughly. Pump has great suction and takes only 15 minutes to fill a 150ml bottle.

Leonard
LeonardSouth East Queensland, QLD7 posts

Breast shield cannot attach to breast very well

This is a light-weight and small-size breast pump, very suitable for using outside. The 2 phase design is a very good idea. But a problem of this breast pump is that its breast shield can not attach to breast very well, because plastic material used to make it is not soft.

Henry
HenryNorth Ryde4 posts

Why don’t you try it

I love this pump and crazy about it. From now on I’m not afraid to pump anymore. It pump so fast and does nit hurt you. I feel nothing after I pumped and I can easy to get 100 ml one side of my breast in 4mins. What!!! I asked myself why didn’t I know this before?? Lol... I have electric spectral2 at home and it usually take 10-20 mins to get 100ml each side. It’s painful and left me clogged milk ducks all the time.

Milla
MillaBeverly Hills4 posts

Prefect pump!

I love this manual breast pump. I am able to actually express my milk quicker with this pump then I am with any electric breast pump. I'm able to empty both breasts within 15 to 20 minutes. And that is with pumping 4 to 5 ounces from each breast. I love the handle as it helps to keep my hands from cramping which is nice. I found that if you don't wash the handle which has the rubber ring on it then you really don't ever have an issue with needing to replace the O-ring on it like some of the other reviewers have said . I'll just wipe the handle down with the baby wipes every once in a while.