Haier HWF80BW1

Haier HWF80BW1

MPN: HWF80BW1

Super quiet and efficient machine!

Our household has been using this machine for just under a year after replacing an aging Bosch machine, and we seriously can't fault this Haier in any way!

Compared to our old Bosch, the DC motor in this machine is noticeably quieter and has much higher spin speeds which makes drying times much quicker.

We usually have a mixed load on the "Cotton" program with cold water as that's the most economical. The wash time of 1.5h is longer than our Bosch but I reckon they're coming out much more thoroughly clean and no detergent residue is left behind whether it be liquid or powder.

We've also been able to easily fit a single doona and a sheet or two in this 8kg machine and it cleans it superbly, something which used to be a trip to the Laundromat!

One other thing I like about this machine is it completely turns itself off once it's finished a cycle, and you havent gone to collect it... nifty!

Looking forward to years of use out of this Haier!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

So Far So Good

This is the first machine I have had to purchase and I didn’t realize it comes with installation instructions. Just make sure you have a spanner and a level and read the instructions. It took my boyfriend and I awhile to set up because we both thought you just open the packaging and plug it in. that's not the case. But I cannot fault the machine - I Will never go back to a top loader. it is extremely gentle in my clothes especially because I have a lot of delicates and items that need hand washing.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Piece of Junk !

Stay with a well known Brand - connected it up and it did not work - put a little water in and stopped. Countless hours trying to get it to work - called support said they would have a technician there in 5 days - Fat good that is to me - A piece of junk - never trust this brand. What a Piece of Junk !

Date PurchasedOct 2018

So good I got 2!

I love my Haier front loader, so much so that I opted to buy 2 of them instead of having a clothes dryer in the cavity.
Great machine with lots of functions.
Great on delicates and user friendly.
Excellent machine for the price point
I have 2 kids under 2 and the 15 min quick wash function is much loved in this house

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Brilliant

Absolutely brilliant machine. Washes the clothes perfectly. Heaps of settings for delicates, hygienic, daily, fast loads, express.
The daily load takes 50 mins and the express is 15.
So quiet, efficient and uses less water than any of our other machines ever have.
I am always washing soiled or dirty work clothes and baby clothes and both aren’t a problem. They come out clean every time. No need for a re wash.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Dead after two months

Just two months after purchase errors froze the computer regarding water level sensors and machine was needing to be replaced. I’m glad this happened early into the warranty to save issues in the future. I will never trust this brand again. Stick to the well known brands with more reviews.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

What a positive surprise

I bought this machine (only) one week ago from Harvey Norman. Ordered it via Internet late on Tuesday evening, got it delivered on Thursday morning. Awesome service.
Some might argue that this review is not objective enough. Maybe. But I’ll edit it in case things go wrong.
I washed about 10 loads within the past few days. What I can say is that this machine exceeded my expectations. Not the pure washing part, as this is obviously something any washing machine should do well.
I am surprised by how silent it is while washing and while spinning, even at 1400 rpm. (It’s standing on a tiled concrete floor, adequately levelled.)
I really appreciate the 15 min program (20 min if I opt for 30°), which I use for my sport clothes after training, as well as the fast 50 min to 1 h program.
Time will tell me how long it will last, but I have the feeling that it’s good value for the price.
If I had to give advice for improvement, I’d suggest a longer drain hose (was just long enough for me) and more attention to details (on the control board, there’s a micro-gap next to one of the six grey control panel buttons - the extra rinse one - which makes it seem slightly tilted). But nothing to worry about.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great washing machine

This washing machine is great, it’s not the quietest but it definitely not very load either. It has loads of settings, but I love the daily cycle as it’s 45 minutes and my clothes come out great. I haven’t noticed any extra wear on my clothes and I’ve had no issues with this machine what so ever.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Running perfectly with no issue at all.

Cleans the cloths pretty gently. The rinse functions works perfectly. It does not wear out my clothes as bad as previous washing machines I have used. It is bit noisy but not too loud which could bother you. The slow washing cycle which helps clean the clothes better. I would recommend this product as this is good value for money product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Great machine for price range

Everything has come out perfectly and we have been very happy with it so far. A little noisy on the spin cycle, but that could be the floor it's on to. I like the range of settings and the different wash options, along with temperature options. Simple and easy to set up on delivery and easy to use and follow instructions. Great for the price!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

This is great! Very easy to use and looks great too!

I bought this washing machine because our old one died. I was skeptical in the beginning. It's been 3 months now and I am very impressed with this washing machine. Haier being one of the most famous brand for electronic goods in China. It has a nice sleek design. I mostly use the spin function.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Solid, quiet, inexpensive washer

Bought this machine 6 months ago and still really like the machine. The best washing machine i've ever had. It's quiet, quick (15min express option) and cleans all my clothes quite well.

My only complaint is there is not noise or signal when your load is finished washing.

Highly recommended machine.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Not to bad

It is good at clean and rinse the baby clothes. Safe water as I can see not too much water when washing the clothes. However, it is a little bit loud when rinse the clothes. Even if I close the door I can hear the noise from the dinning room. Otherwise, it is a good choice.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Great washing machine for the price

For the price you can't get much better, I am certainly no washing machine expert but I have had no issues with this machine after six months of use. Has loads of functions, is relatively quiet, seems to be gentle on clothes and have had no tearing, fading, holes etc.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Hi, I am just wondering as my machine does not create any sounds once wash has been completed? Is this normal??
Yes that’s normal, it just stops with no noises and will turn itself off.

Hi there! It is my understanding that only the program mode “cotton” can be utilised to wash the max 8 kg capacity of wash load, is this right? May I ask how long the “cotton” program wash cycle will take? Just trying to research if this machine will fit my need to have a big wash load capacity with fast wash cycle. Thank you in advance!
Yes the Cotton wash is the large load wash, the time can vary depending on spin speed and temperature. I find with a cold wash with maximum spin it takes about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Although I only use this cycle for sheets and Doonas, I find the the daily wash cycle suits towels and clothes fine as long as your not overloading the machine.

Hello! Can anyone please advise which program to use if I want to have the rinse only function? Also, is this machine capable of pausing and adding garments while the machine starts running? Thanks so much!
To quickly rinse, I use the express 15 function, it only takes 15 minutes and also spins the water out. Yes you can pause and add clothes.

HWF80BW1