Herman Miller Aeron

Herman Miller Aeron

See the Best Office Chairs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Herman Miller? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Jake
JakeMelbourne

Like Sitting On A Cloud

Bought the Aeron for Work.
It was expensive but it is so worth it.
The first day it arrived it was firm and uncomfortable for me but now I have fallen in love with it.
It is comfortable and adjustable.
Do not buy a cheaper chair and regret it, if you are going to pay the money get what you are after.

Purchased in July 2021.

Hayden
HaydenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great chair if you use a correct posture

I bought this chair for my home office. It gets many hours of use.

For the most part I don't get any back pain anymore. Unless I'm forced to use a different chair in the office.

One thing to note is that this chair works best if you sit in it with proper posture. For example, you can't sit on this chair cross legged because of the mesh. It could be an issue for some people. It almost forces you to sit with the correct posture.

Expensive. Can't deny that. But with the 12 year warranty, it will pay for itself over time. -1 star because it feels it the price includes a bit of a brand premium.

Purchased in April 2020.

Happy
HappyRichmond-Tweed, NSW

No replacement parts?......still no responses from Herman

After 7 years the bottom failed. Have been given the run around by every Hermann contact to buy a replacement part. Better value from office works. Very bad product support.

Dave
DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Expensive and exacerbated neck and shoulder pain

This chair is wildly expensive for what it is, which is a poorly designed task chair at best. It forces you to sit in a very unnatural position and gives no upper back support. My neck and shoulder pain has been exacerbated as a result.

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,600.00.

Sharknet
SharknetSouth East Queensland, QLD

Take care with this chair

Purchased in January 2019.

steve494
steve494SYDNEY

Nice but not nearly as functional/comfortable as cheaper models.

I've tested this chair, but it has a major fault; you can't set the seat's angles to your preferences and lock it there.
I have an old $400 office chair which is up for replacement, sadly; that one I can set to any angle within (wide) limits and lock it in. Now *that* is comfortable on the long run. This one, however, was not.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
SKusumo76
SKusumo76Sydney

Fantastic chair but overpriced

My office recently purchased some of these chairs and there probably the best office chair I've ever used! However these chairs are completely overpriced for anyone looking to purchase a chair for personal use. However if your office offers to purchase one for you I would recommend that you take up their offer.

Larry B
Larry BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very happy with my purchase

After reading the reviews on this website, I bought 3 of them for our company, from Ebay @ $700 each. These are real deal when it comes to sitting at a pc monitor all day. Their wider, comfortable and seem to move and support you as you swivel, slouch and sit up right. Can't think of a better chair.

jT51
jT51Sydney

Engineered for sitting

amanda_01
amanda_01South East Queensland, QLD

These are the chairs that were supplied to staff in a call centre I used to work in. They are amazing, the webbing really supports your butt and back without any bits digging in. I love that you can easily adjust the chair so you can rock or lean back in it if you want to, take the arms off or move them up and down, in and out. The best chair ever!
The most comfortable office chair you'll ever sit in. you can sit in it all day without any sore backs/butts etc. Dr House has one in the TV show House, so it must be cool!
Super duper expensive (but totally worth it if you work in an office that will buy it for you!)

rearrange
rearrangeAU

I work from home and bought my Aeron around six years ago after I was leant one to try out. I have a bad back as a result of a car accident many years ago, and the Aeron is easily the most comfortable chair I have ever sat in. The mesh seat and back provide ventilation which is a bonus in warm weather. I went for the polished aluminium finish which, although an expensive option, looks massively classy. If you need to send a lot of time sitting this is THE MOST COMFORTABLE chair you could buy.
Super comfortable, super stylish ... it is love

doublecurl
doublecurlSydney, NSW

These are the chairs we use at work. This is the most comfortable office chair i have ever sat on. If i could afford $6000 to buy one, or even $525 for a second hand one from ebay i would totally go for it. I have never gotten a sore back or a sore anything from sitting my butt on this ALL DAY long. It's perfect. I really can't fault it. They are impossible to break.
Super comfortable. Almost impossible to break. Best chair in the world
Expensive, may even be worth more than your second hand car