Hill's Prescription Diet t/d Feline

Hill's Prescription Diet t/d Feline

See the Best Cat Foods in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Hill's Pet Nutrition? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Contains Vitamins A, E and C

• Suitable for everyday use

• Can clean teeth

Cons

• Uses by-products & corn

• Expensive

4.3
    alexcjwalsh
    alexcjwalshSydney, NSW

Nothing diet or prescription in it, nothing good for cats in this chemical laden extruded road kill/ diseased animals

Kibble is bad for cats and dogs fullstop. Nowhere near enough moisture (10% only - canned or raw has 80%). There is NO kibble that will clean teeth, none. There are no biscuits to clean human teeth, right? Dried seaweed (sticks to teeth and dissolves plaque) or toothpaste for cats and dogs. 'Prescription' is just a name Hill's use on their products, there is no medicine in this product and you do not need a prescription to buy it. Vets are paid to promote this 'food' and it certainly generates work for vets with dealing with rotten teeth, diabetes, urinary issues, cancer, allergies etc. So do your pet a favour and watch via YouTube 'Petfooled' and start your education so that your pet THRIVES rather than just SURVIVES.

Purchased in February 2019 at Pet Circle for $40.00.

Nia
    NiaAdelaide

My cat really likes it

The vet suggested that we begin feeding our cat t/d dental mix as he was starting to show signs of gingivitis. The biscuits are larger than most other cat biscuits we've tried in the past. My cat can be a bit picky but loves t/d. His teeth have been looking a lot cleaner too!

Mummytotwo
    MummytotwoBrisbane, Queensland

Great for cats teeth and they love it.

My Kitty has been on T/D Feline dry food ever since she was one year old, she is now 6.
    I don't give her this as her daily everyday dry food as she is on Hills Science Hairball control food, she only has 7 pieces in the morning and 5 at night and it has done wonders to her teeth, gums and breath.
    Love Hills Science Diet food/s, but they can be very expensive.

The only dry food my cat will eat.

I hsve been giving this to my adopted cat for more than 3 years. Her teeth are beautiful
    Even vets comment. They fed thst to her at Lort Smith where i adopted her from.

td Whittle
    td WhittleMelbourne

Lives up to its claims

We began feeding our cat t/d a few months ago, hoping to improve his teeth and gums. Our vet said this food works and she was quite right. Our kitty loves the kibble, has a beautiful coat, and is in fine health. His teeth and gums look so much better! We feed him some meat too but t/d is his main food.

Why change the recipe of CD cat biscuits

Have been using Hills CD Bladder health for my cat for the last 3 years and had no problems until I purchased a new bag last week. I did notice the packaging had changed but was not concerned until my cat would not even look at them. Rang the vet and they were told the packaging had changed but the recipe was the same.yeah right tell my cat that.7 days later and still will not touch them.
    I did get hold of some wet Royal Canin Urinary S/O and he seem to like it so I have order some dry biscuits in that brand (fingers crossed.by by Hills)

honestopinion
    honestopinion

Be aware that this can cause weight gain and tooth decay??

My cats love it and it works

I've been feeding all my cats T/D and have so far avoided $400+ teeth cleaning bills. One slightly inflamed gum that has not progressed in years. I just got a new kitten and he prefers Science Diet to special kitten food. I'm at odds with the breeder who insists on another brand I can't find, but he's happy and I have reluctant agreement that it's ok for kittens. I buy the biggest bag and they eat it happily

FranniePETERBOROUGH

Beats spending money on dental surgery!

Lyn 56
    Lyn 56Mid North Coast, NSW

Good results, but too expensive.....

They just can't get enough, and it's healthy!

This food is designed to specifically maintain your cats oral health while also meeting all required nutrients. They love the taste and it's healthy for them to eat, I love getting it for my cats knowing they aren't eating anything unhealthy and they love the taste!
    Healthy and cats love it!
    Tends to be on the expensive side but well worth the purchase

oz
    oz
    melonyc
    melonyc
    SJ58
    SJ58

Fine if your cats will do this! Mine will not chew on raw necks or wings plus they are over 12 yrs old now so have difficulty.

Lucy_Lou
    Lucy_Lou

Our cat used to be extremely fussy with her food and we were constantly trying out all different brands. Often she would eat one type for a week or two and then stop eating it. Our vet then recommended this product for oral health reasons and our cat just loves it. She has been on this diet for 2 years and is going strong. The dry food only diet has not affected her stools and our vet insists is good for her. It is a bit more expensive as an initial outlay but they come in large sizes and I do believe it works out to be the same cost as feeding your cat commercial wet food.
    Our cat just loves this product. Helps with tooth decay, comes recommended by our vet.
    Perhaps a little expensive

Gaston
    Gaston

m4631949
    m4631949

I will keep buying this cat food. Long time ago I use to have a cat with terrible dental problems, and vet bills were much bigger then it would cost me to buy this food (poor cat suffered as well) Prevention is better then cure!
    Cats just love it, and it says on the packet it is also good for them. I have two cats, and they are healthy .
    It is imported and very expensive. I try to mix less expensive food with t/d, but cats are not stupid and they pick t/d out of the bowl and leave other food.

Frannie

Seemed to be very good for my cat...

Features:

This product is backed by veterinarians and has been clinically proven to reduce plaque, stain and tartar build-up on your cat’s teeth. It is completely nutritionally balanced for everyday use and uses unique kibble shapes and sizes. It also contains special fibre matrix technology™.

Hill's Prescription Diet t/d has been awarded the VOHC Seal for the control of plaque and tartar in both canine and feline formulas. The VOHC Seal is a trademark owned by the Veterinary Oral Health Council.

Reviewers thought:

Some reviewers are against the use of dry kibble exclusively since it can be drying for their cat. This product is also on the medium-expensive range. Others have said that their cats enjoy the product and their teeth look noticeably cleaner. On the whole, reviewers love the product and believe it achieved its advertised purpose.

• GTIN12: 527424052090