Hill's Prescription Diet Canine j/d

Hill's Prescription Diet Canine j/d

See the Best Dog Foods in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

kaylene64

kaylene64Rockhampton

Wow what an improvement!

BallaratCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very effective.

Our German Shepherd has been on this food for more than a year now. Her hips were looking as if they needed surgery but after a couple of months on this she had and still has a new lease on life. She is nearly 8 years old. She no longer needs pain medication. Shop around because it is much cheaper online.

sentinel88South East Queensland, QLD

Good food for dogs with mobility issues

StaffyT

StaffyT

Good investment!

I have a 15 year old Staffy who has been fed Hills J/D for the last 3 months. During this time he has been more mobile, has had less episodes of lameness and consequently required less NSAIDs. The food has good palatability and is well digested resulting in smaller easily collected stools. Unlike some joint supplements there has been no unpleasant side effects such as flatulance. Will definitely continue feeding this product.
Very palatable,no flatulence,no need for additional supplements
Smaller kibble size means my dog takes longer to eat it. Less dental cleaning as reduced chewing

sue B

sue Basked

M has anyone else had this problem? Dog has had bouts of diarrhea and has lost weight. She is having less food now with this new joint care food.

sentinel88

If she is underweight and has loose stools then see your vet for advice.

Sandy

Sandyasked

The Hills JD dog food was recently recommended to me by my vet after knee surgery, I was very skeptical regarding the ingredients but while talking to a rep for this food, was told it is scientifically balanced, whatever that means. I have been promised the “scientific data” so jury is still out. I am reading these reviews, noting they are all positive. My question is to these people, what were you using before? Is it just the glucosamine because my present TLC dog food has more than this one plus I am giving my dog the Triple Meg as well. One of the ingredients in this food is nothing more than sawdust, why? Guess I need to read that “scientific data”.

Ballarat

I was not giving my dog any supplements before changing to this food. But a friend was using Sasha's blend and when she switched to this she saw quite an improvement in her 11yo German Shepherd. Buy the big bag (which lasts a month for a big dog) and if you don't see an improvement you have your answer. Google it to find the cheapest online price.

sentinel88

Just try it and see if your dogs condition improves. You have nothing to lose. It worked for our dog who had had numerous procedures on his back legs.

Denise s

Denise sasked

Anyone notice increase in thirst on J/D? Notice my Bernese Mountain dog transitioning to J/D drinking excessively

Ballarat

Hi Denise, I did not notice a change. But maybe I am not observant enough? Does your dog have less wet food since switching to J/D?

Get an answer from our members and Hill's Pet Nutrition representatives