Hire A Box

Hire A Box

See the Best Tool & Building Equipment Hire in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Taking some stress out of moving!

Rod delivered the boxes at the time I requested, took me through some helpful moving tips (I haven't moved for 12.5 years!) and when I needed more boxes and packing paper they got it to me the same day!
Thanks so much Jen and Rod for making moving smoother! I'll see you again for pick up of the boxes!
Update, pick up was just as fast and easy. Thanks so much guys, I have recommended you to friends who are moving. K

Quick, on time, good value

Bought used boxes for packing as we decided more sustainable then plastic storage tubs. Plus can be packed flat and stored for future use. order online late one afternoon. They were delivered and left on porch the next day as promised. Used boxes in great condition. They are excellent for books. I won't use plastic again.

Great Service!

I ordered used boxes, they are solid and in great condition. I ordered on a Tuesday afternoon and had my boxes before 8:30 the next morning. The delivery man insisted on taking the boxes up stairs and into a lift, right to my 2nd floor front door, thank you! This was a good experience amongst the stress of moving, so I thought it worthwhile writing a review. 5 stars.

Strong-solid-no hassle delivery

Wright delivered the boxes and made time to give the do-don'ts and common mistakes. When he realised our packing tape is not good quality, he left a tape dispenser and a couple of rolls for no extra charge.

Only draw back is outer suburbs are not serviced

Excellent service!

My experience with Hire A Box was professional, friendly and helpful, prompt and fairly priced. I have no hesitation recommending them. Excellent customer service.

Highly recommended

I thought it'd be a great enviro-friendly idea to use recycled boxes, and was thrilled to see all of the boxes provided were in top condition. And it was cheaper, too, than buying new boxes. These guys were easy to deal with. They were punctual, friendly, informative. I also used their Removalist services to help me move and got a discount on the boxes. I thoroughly recommend these guys.

Fantastic service

Great quality boxes, Rod was fantastic in explaining how the process works and gave great tips to help with the move. Would suggest it to anyone.

Good quality box, great customer service

We have checked boxes price and quality with a couple of companies, Hire a box comes out better value for money. Rod is also helpful with tips with moving.

Perfect communication

Found these guys on the internet. Place the order. Paid for it with card. Got all merchandises next day! The courrier texted me on the day I place the order to say he will be a bit later than the time I was asked to choose.
Good were perfect. Thank you team!

New boxes, on-time,easy to order and pay

Ordering online is easy, although a little confusing on how to get the 10% discount if you are using other services (eg., packers). The boxes turned up on-time and the boxes were all new. I sent an email and got an immediate reply to clarify the discount will be provided when boxes are returned. I appreciated the sheet they provide with the delivery showing how to look after the boxes as i do want to be able to protect the deposit. The instructions are clear about what NOT to do to protect the boxes - which is great as some I wouldn't have guessed, eg,. only write on the tape, only tape along the joins - and the driver also told us not to pull tape off the boxes but to cut it. I was pleased I took receipt of the boxes to an undercover area outside as two baby cockroaches who were also delivered with the boxes came out to check out their new pad :( I'll be sure and check between the folded boxes to make sure we don't have any extra guests invited inside. I will update the review after I have made the return so the review includes information about the refund process.

Amazing service, information, and so helpful.
Highly recommend!!!
Thank you kindly, these guys went above and beyond my expectation, and did not hesitate to help with providing information, advice that i don't think i could have got elsewhere. Cheers again! :D thrilled

Failed to deliver boxes, then cancelled order.

I've used Hire a Box twice, the first time I had no complaints, probably a 4 out of 5, nothing spectacular but no dramas either.

This time however they told me nobody was home to receive the delivery, even though the building concierge was on duty which is who they had previously delivered too and who accepts deliveries for all residents.

The concierge even has a buzzer which rings their mobile phone, so if they happen not to be at the front desk, they are easily contactable. This is the first non delivery I have experienced since living in the building for 3+ years.
Regardless of the fact they messed up the delivery, the failed to contact me give me an option to have them redelivered, they just emailed me saying the order was canceled.

After I followed up and requested they deliver the boxes they tried to charge me another delivery fee which I declined. I then emailed asking if they are still delivering the boxes, but received no reply. After 2 business days without a reply, I again followed up at which time they said they canceled the order.

Very inconvenient especially considering the entire value of the service being offered is to make moving easier, they have made my move more difficult and have left little time to organise alternatives. They have also charged me for delivery.

So why 1 star?

5 stars -1 for not delivering, -1 for canceling the order without contacting me about potential redelivery, -1 for not responding to an email for 2 business days, -1 for charging me for a delivery they did not make. Is zero stars an option, because literally nothing went right in this experience with Hire a box.

Customer service is #1 for me, and I am happy to pay more for companies who look after customers. Hire a box demonstrated little/no interest in me as a customer, so I will not be using them again.

Professional box hiring

I found Hire A Box to be very professional. They delivered the boxes that I ordered online on-time. Quality of boxes are very good too. Would recommend.

BEST THERE IS !!! 6 Stars out of 5

I couldn't recommend this company highly enough! The boxes are perfect ( size and especially strength plus Made in Australia!!! ) , and you can return them for money!! Also the tape doesn't disintegrate like others ( also supposedly made hier!) The company is very professional and fast to deal with plus they deliver the goods to your door at no cost. I may sound like an employee, but I can assure you I'm not, just sick of dealing with unprofessional operators selling bad products. Good, professional companies need every support they deserve - especially in the times of "Fake News"!

Easy to use!

Everything was done via online. It was so easy. Reminders for deliveries. Excellent! Communication was good. Also offers a range of other services at discounted prices. We ended up using their removalist also

Pure example of top glass customer service

Product .... Fantastic
Customer service .... Fantastic
Had a very nice 45 minute convo with Rob fantastic & interesting human!!
Will defenetly recommend

Check your order on delivery

I bought new port a robes and other boxes from hire-a-box. While trying to pack clothes the next day (weekend) I discovered that the port-a-robes didn't have any rails. Therefore they are useless. When I emailed to let them know, they offered me a $2 per box refund. Given that I paid $20 per box for the port-a-robes. This is just an insult.

At least the kids made a cubby out of my $80 (four boxes) cardboard.

Cannot fault the service!

From start to finish the customer service is faultless. I would highly recommend the hire a box service to anyone who is looking to move house and doesn't want the expense or inconvenience of buying boxes. We will definitely use them in the future.

No one answers the phone! Top up service doesn't work

This must be a one man band, requesting additional boxes not good. Still waiting on a call back from hours ago. Will have to go to Woolworths for boxes, not worth the trouble.

Outstanding Service!!

The service which I received was nothing short of brilliant and the boxes were of excellent condition (as new). The entire process from placing the order to arranging the pickup was effortless. I purchased one of their predefined "move in packs" online which precisely fitted all of my belongings. Their website is excellent! I would strongly recommend Hire A Box and I will certainly be using them again.