Kennards Hire

Kennards Hire

Great kit but boy, what a rip off!

Hired a heavy duty demolition hammer, full day charge was 174 on the web site. Paid for the day and brought it back was charged for half a day..............145!! Oh and the 14 set up charge!! What a rip off. Great kit but misleading on the web site, where does it state 14 for a set up/hire fee? Save yourself some cash, go to Bunnings and buy it. You might use it only once but if you do can sell it on and still have saved money from using this lot. Disappointing.

Great customer service but Expensive

I have dealt with over 6 branches, great experience and awesome staff. Very helpful staff and will take their time to make sure you understand the equipment you are hiring. However, the equipment rates are getting very expensive, at times the daily rate is 1/5 the purchase price. So if you are hiring something for 2 or 3 days, you are better off buying it at Bunnings. And they should allow "drop off at different branch", since not all branches have same equipment, sometimes you have to travel 100km+ to another branch, and then you need to travel the same distance to return. At times you end up keeping it for another day because you couldn't leave the site on time.

Thank you for your feedback! Kennards Hire does not strive to have the cheapest price but we do strive to be the best in service. We service our equipment after every hire, use top quality brands and have 24 hours support. This is part of the the reason why we charge a premium price. We appreciate the feedback once again and we'll take this on board. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions - Jas

Top Notch Service award goes to Werribee..!!

Very good staff especially Ben. Impressed and will recommend to anyone I know..!!
Thank you for being friendly and professional at the same time. So if you are looking to rent Lawn mowers or anything related , Kennards Werribee is the best.

Hi Hitendra, thank you for your kind words! We really appreciate the time you took to let us know of your experience and the service you received from us. It's always great to hear we're doing a great job, and I will pass on this feedback to Ben and the Werribee branch. Thank you again!

Excellent service

Always have what I need available and never an issue when it comes to hiring equipment. Equipment always works fine. Staff always kind and approachable, know their stuff inside out

Hi Luke! Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to let us know we're doing a good job! We take pride in our equipment and knowing our gear! If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know!

Excellent service and amazing support

Kennards Hire helped us with our much needed fundraising event in November 2018. They generously provided us with a free BBQ! I can’t thank them enough for their help and support.

Bahar, Thank you for your message We are sure you are very busy and we appreciate the time you took to let us know that we are doing a great job. We have passed on your compliment to the people who helped make your event successful and we are sure they will appreciate the kind words!

Excellent Service

I went to Kennards in Rockingham TODAY 10/12/18 - Mikey was very pleasant and efficient; I had to repair a roller door and support post which had been nudged by a car and knocked out of alignment - I ran my ideas past Mikey and he agreed that this was the way to go; failing that, he said, come back and I have a contact who can do it for you; he lent me a rubber mallet (as it turned out my partner had one in the garage anyway.........) and the job was done straight away.
It is good to still see the old-fashioned assistance and time given to a customer - thank you Mikey ... and Kennards.
I would recommend them to ANYONE looking to hire in Rockingham.

Willy Smeets
Kybra Mews
Rockingham WA 6168

Hi Willy, Thank you for your message. We are sure you are very busy and we appreciate the time you took to let us know that we are doing a great job! We have passed on your compliment to the Rockingham and relevant team members, and are sure they will appreciate the kind words! If there is anything else we can assist with, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Truly appalling

I rang the service centre to order a saw to cut a hole in my new kitchen cupboards. [name removed] wasnt sure what saw I needed. Told her I didn't need a circular saw or drop saw. After a bit of hunting around she eliminated my choices to a sabre saw. I wanted to pick it up from Richmond as it was closest but ended up getting it from Clayton. I was there at 7am. The guy gave me the saw and said there you go. I told him I didnt know how to use it and he said ok I will put the blade in. That was it - nothing more. I told him what I wanted to do and explained it. He said should do the job. I couldn't get it to work to cut along the bottom. Rang the call centre and they put me through to clayton. The guy said cut down straight and then angle it along that. Did that and ruined the bottom of the cupboard. When I returned it and complained the guy said did you hold it like this? I said no - I was not given any instruction. There was more of excuses why it was not their fault. Truly appalling. Perhaps young men dont like starting work on a Sunday at 7am just before Christmas. I will never use them again and will never recommend them to anyone. I now how a damaged kitchen cupboard (brand new) due to lack of instruction. If I could give a minus I would

February 5th 2019 Update: Not interested in offering resolutions

This is a follow-up to my previous review
In MY experience and the way I was treated, I found them to be sexist, bullies and disrespectful at the CLayton branch. I had [name removed] (who I was lead to believe was the manager) rang me several times but did not leave a message and wondered why I did not return the call. Unprofessional. After a couple of conversations that kept going round in circles, with no resolution offered by him, he asked me how could we resolve this issue. I advised I would like compensation. He said he didn't have authority to do that. He had the state manager [name removed] call me. He left a message. He picked up on the second call back after I had left a message previously. The conversation was the same as [name removed] - going around in circles. He did not offer a resolution. He eventually asked me what resolution did I want. I said I wanted compensation. He said "we don't do that". At the end of the conversation he said "I have spent a lot of time on this and have achieved nothing. Truly appalling customer service.

Hi Gnomes, We appreciate customers who let us know when they think things are not right. We do take matters of this nature very seriously and would like the opportunity to make things right with you. Would it be possible to provide your contact details so we are able to arrange the Branch Manager to get in touch to discuss your recent interactions? We sincerely apologise again for the inconvenience and frustration caused. If there is anything else we can help you with in the meantime, please do not hesitate in contacting us.my phone number is 0400870464. The hole experience has been very upsetting, including the call centre who asked me how I wanted to resolve it.Hi Gnomes, Thank you for providing that additional information. We have escalated this to upper management and someone will be in contact with you within the next 24-48 hours. Our sincere apologies once again for the dissatisfaction caused, and hope to find a solution. If you have any queries in the meantime, please let us know.

Will never hire again from Kennards Hire

Very disappointed with my experience, had hired equipment for several weeks and charged different prices constantly. Direct debit of course which made it more frustrating. I will never use Kennards again and I will never refer them to anyone. I feel they tricked me on pricing. Not happy at all with my experience.

Hi there, We appreciate customers who let us know when they think things are not right. We do take matters of this nature very seriously and would like the opportunity to make things right with you. Would it be possible to provide the branch you have dealt with, along with your contact details so we are able to arrange the Branch Manager to get in touch to discuss your recent interactions? We sincerely apologise again for the inconvenience and frustration caused. If there is anything else we can help you with in the meantime, please do not hesitate in contacting us.

Awesome service!

Needed a bobcat to move a large swim spa from back of a sloping block to street. The service at Kennards in Phillip was amazing, as was the drop-off and pick-up of the large bobcat from the Fyshwick store. I knew very little about what to hire and hadn't hired from Kennards before. Even though I was clearly clueless, I was treated with respect and courtesy. The staff are young yet incredibly knowledgeable, professional and keen to be of service.

I'll be back again after such a great experience.

Hi Bruce, thanks for your message. We are sure you're very busy and we appreciate the time you took to let us know that we are doing a great job. We have passed on your compliment to the Phillip branch. I am sure they will appreciate the kind words. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to get in contact with us.

Last minute truck hire: quick and easy

Called Kennards and booked a truck last minute on a Saturday...they were very helpful and even let me keep the truck for an extra hour.

Hi Nick, Thank you for your message. I am sure you are very busy and we appreciate the time you took to let us know that we are doing a great job. Are you able to tell me which branch you had placed the hire through? So I can pass your compliment onto the branch. If there is anything else i can help you with please do not hesitate in contacting us - Kennards HireIt was through the Philip store (ACT). Customer service was really good from both the man that took the booking and the man that inspected the truck when it came back.Hi Nick, thank you for sending this information through. I will send your compliment through to the team at Philip branch, I am sure they will appreciate the it. If there is anything else I can help you with please do not hesitate in contacting us. Have a lovely day -Kennards Hire

wrong information poor customer service

faulty machine, untested, had to return and lose time, they wouldnt exchange at site ,tried to blame me for faulty machine,lost money on job grinding disk poor quality wasnt told i had to pay $100 per mill of wear, blamed for part missing???? not happy at all, will not use again.

Good Afternoon Mike, We are sincerely apologetic that you have had this experience with us. Are you private message us the hire number in order for us to investigate this further. Thanks and have a lovely day. -Kennards Hire

Big Thank You!

Excellent service, and very Professional !!!
Always extremly clean and tidy
Always informed when a delivery has arrived - Thanks Guys.

Hi Louise, Thank you for your message.I am sure you are very busy and we appreciate the time you took to let us know that we are doing a great job.So I can pass on your compliment to the branch and relevant team members can you please private message me the details of your hire branch? I am sure they will appreciate the kind words! -Kennards Hire

Outstanding customer service

A big thankyou to the crew at Brendale branch. Very informative and all round great customer service. Cheers to you lads

Hi Ando,Thank you for your message.I am sure you are very busy and we appreciate the time you took to let us know that we are doing a great job.I have passed on your compliment to the Brendale branch. I am sure they will appreciate the kind words! Have a lovely day.

Poor customer service

Currently waiting for 20 mins to get into kennards as there has been a stuff up with the unit and I am not able to park in the bottom dock to load the item because they think there isn’t anything in the unit.

Amazing Service

Whenever I use Kennards the team goes out of there way to give me amazing service. Hard to fault them.

Hi Ted, I am sure you are very busy and we appreciate the time you took to let us know that we are doing a great job. Can you please private message us to lets us know if this was towards a particular branch so we are able to pass on your compliment to the branch and relevant team members. I am sure they will appreciate the kind words! Hope to hear from you soon. - Kennards HireHi Ted, I am sure you are very busy and we appreciate the time you took to let us know that we are doing a great job. Can you please private message us to lets us know if this was towards a particular branch so we are able to pass on your compliment to the branch and relevant team members. I am sure they will appreciate the kind words! Hope to hear from you soon. - Kennards Hire

Plate Compactor

Recently I hired plate Compactor for 24 hrs in Toongabie Kennnards, they charged me $122. Same machine for same time I would have hired in Bunnings just for $52.

It is a good experience with Kennard’s pricing. Terrible!!

Hi Ari, Thank you for your feedback! Kennards hire does not strive to have the cheapest price but we do strive to be the best in service. We service our equipment after every hire, use top quality brands and have 24 hours support. This is part of the the reason why we charge a premium price. If you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to send us a private message. Thanks and have a lovely day. -Kennards Hire

Excellent service and equipment

I had arranged to hire a caged trailer for an intercity transfer of my furniture. On the day it was raining. When I went to get the trailer the sales assistant swapped it to an enclosed trailer at no extra charge. He then attached the trailer to my car for me and gave me several very helpful tips about driving with the trailer and how best to pack my stuff into it. He also checked that all the lights were working. Later that day I rang the same branch and talked with the same man that had served me. I requested to extend my hire for another half day, he easily lengthened my hire and gave it to me at a discounted rate. I would recommend Kennards.. particularly Bibra Lake site to all my friends and family.

Hi Ash, Thank you so much for your kind words! Im sure the guys at the branch particularly the staff member who served you, so we have passed on your compliment to the branch along with their area manager so they call all see what a great job they are doing! We thank you again and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need anything in the future. :) -Kennards Hire.

Terrible service.

I was very disappointed in how all members of the staff of the place I went to to hire and I was charged for days I didn't even ask for. I was greatly angered and will never recommend. Terrible service and I was not happy.

Hi James, Thank you for your message, we sincerely apologise for the service that you have received from one of our branches. We would really like to investigate this matter to make sure that it doesn't happen again and to see if we can make this right. Could you please send us a private message or email to csc@kennards.com.au with your full name and contact details that was used for the hire so that we can investigate this and have the branch or area manager call you about this? -Kennards Hire.

Charged for their Mistake and no follow up or call back

Hired a Small earth mover for 1 day, when we drove the mover from the trailer one of the hydraulic tubes got caught on the tracks and came off. I immediately called Kennards at Moorebank and told them the situation and decided to keep the mover as it did not affect my need. The next day when we returned the mover, the staff apologized to us and said that the tube should have been strapped on properly and assured us that the repair will not be charged to us. Well, one month later my CC got charged. Called the head office and Moorebank with no help. Still chasing them, but for some reason the guy that signed it off is just never at work.

All i got from them is we will look into it and get back to you. 1. From the head office 19th Feb. 2. From the branch who told me i won't be charged 20th Feb, and now from here 6th March.

At least just tell me that you guys don't care, it's better then keeping a customer waiting for feedback.

I have continued to chased them both the head office and the local branch, and yet i got the same thing. We will get someone to contact you. These guys are a joke. I have sent a complain to fair trading.Another update, the store manager Nathan finally called me back and have finally rectified the problem. I just hope Kennards Hire would communicate better with their customers to avoid so much headache.

Dreadful!!

We hired a port a loo from Kennards in Lambton. I was given a weekly hire fee, pump out fee and delivery/collection fee. Loo arrived, covered in dust on the inside and was in low working order. Barely used it. Advised office to collect (2wks later). Was told I needed to have it pumped out before collection, spoke with someone else (within 5 mins), advised incorrect as I would then have to pay 2 pump out fees and was advised that I would receive a phone call re: balance owing. Loo collected. Check my credit card statement and a fee had been debited without my knowledge. I phoned Kennards (who really need to check the meaning of Customer Service) asked if I received an Invoice which I hadn't. Under the Electronic Funds Transfer Act, it is actually termed as an unauthorised transaction. So, I want a credit of $80.00 that was debited without consent. Never will use nor recommend Kennards again.

Hi Lyn, Thank you for your message. We sincerely apologise for the frustration that this matter has caused you and we would really like to make this right. If you could please private message or email us at info@kennards.com.au with the full name and contact number of the person who was on the hire, we would be more than happy to look into this and come to a resolution for you. Apologies again for the experience you have received from us. -Kennards Hire.Seems to be Kennards standard reply, but shall contact you.

Is it possible to pick up a truck say in Bankstown and drop it off at Wollongong 4 hours later? Tom
Hi Tom, Thank you for your query. Unfortunately, we do not do one-way vehicle and trailer hire between cities or interstate, all trailers/vehicles need to be returned to the original branch. We do have weekly and long-term rates on vehicles and trailers for those longer trips if you are planning to return to your hiring branch or area. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.

What is your policy on delivery drivers hitting peoples cars ( there are several witnesses and the driver admitted it when I managed to talk to him 3 hours later) and driving off without leaving any details ? How do I go about having my car repaired when the management and driver at your Fyshwick store have constantly lied, stalled and ignored me and my request for your insurance details?
Hi Dale, Thank you for your question. Can you please email us at csc@kenanrds.com.au with your full name, contact details and any information about the incident so that we can investigate and get to the bottom of this for you? We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience and frustration this matter has caused you and we would really like to get to the bottom of this for you. -Kennards Hire.

Are you able to hire in Qld and return in Nsw?
Hi Monica, We realise you've posted this a long time ago but we never responded. You can return your vehicle or trailer to any Kennards Hire branch within the same city. This incurs a relocation fee which is available on application. We don’t do one way vehicle and trailer hire between cities or interstate. We do have weekly and long term rates on vehicles and trailers for those longer trips if you’re planning to return to your hiring branch or area. Apologies for the severe delay in our response, but hopefully this will help you and others with future plans.Hi we hire a concrete saw and it stop working after 1 hours and when we return it they charge us $1750 saw is 1 and half year old but Kennard wants replacemt with new saw valueHi Peter, we're sorry to hear about this experience and we do take all feedback seriously. We would like to investigate further, if you could please send more information through to info@kennards.com.au we will look into this for you. -Marika