Hisense HR6CF146 / HR6CF206 / HR6CF307

Hisense HR6CF146 / HR6CF206 / HR6CF307

HR6CF146, HR6CF206 and HR6CF307

See the Best Freezers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Alarm light on not freezing

Bought this around 4 years ago. Up until then it worked perfectly. This morning the alarm light appeared in red. Looks like it’s reached it’s timespan. It’s had it. Unbelievable!

Purchased in March 2015 at The Good Guys for $300.00.

Good warranty, bad coms

The only brand I know of which has a "fault" light which proved handy. You won't find it in the manual at all but it actually means that the refrigeration unit is struggling to keep the chest to the temp it's set at (which has always been 1/2 way). It cost $349 back in early 2016, has a 3 yr warranty and has been faultless until now which is just inside the warranty period.
Be warned though, record the s/n from the sticker on the back, since it is sub grade and moisture degrades the sticker. They ask you for this along with the invoice.

When it recently lit up & top layer of food started to par thaw, I called Hisense and emailed them (but don't email them since they won't reply at all).

After 3 x 30+ mins attempts over nearly a week, and a fair bit of rigmarole, I finally got on track with registering a warranty claim and the next day was sent a txt with a claim number, they said was going to be sent to the Harvey Norman store we bought it from.
I thought they'd send a fridgy to check it over 1st, but was told it isn't worth the cost so just replace or store credit etc.
This is all good but days following and the HN shop still had not been emailed the claim number, so my sales guy ended up having to talk to the Hisense sales rep to sort it out!
Other than that, the 3 yr warranty along with the warning light and the $349 we paid for it has been a good deal and we have elected to replace it with another one since the 3 yr warranty will start again with the new freezer. This is consumer law remember. I'd recommend to buy one but be prepared to be messed around if you ever need to make a claim. Good old Harvey Norman helped out anyway.

Purchased in March 2016 at Harvey Norman for $349.00.

Great freezer for a couple who live on a farm

Great size freezer for farm life. Can ice up a bit requires defrost every six months but not too bad. Could be helpful having extra baskets so we bought something suitable otherwise a good purchase from the good guys in Shepparton.
Three star rating but haven’t noticed any change on our power bill

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Excellent value

Got this chest freezer in July 2018 at a good price of $253 from the good guys, I purchased this freezer as a spear for the summer, So far no issues and very happy with it, for a family of 2-3 this 145L freezer its perfect Would definitely recommend this

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Excellent chest freezer

I purchased this from Harvey Norman on the 20th September 2018, and am delighted with it. It was quick to reach right temperature, and is so quiet, you wouldn't know it was in use. It is definitely big enough for 2 people, and fits well in a small space. Can certainly recommend this freezer.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Bought on thegoodguys ebay $288 (include $50 delivery fee)

i am happy with this chest freezer and this is enough for a family of 3 or 4 and very quiet while compressor working, the purpose of this product is to be an extended storage for main fridge. This product has a 3 star energy rating, consuming 265kw a year, not too bad.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Lid keeps locking for 10 minutes every half hour

When I rang the service dept they stated I should have reported this within the first week of purchase - despite the 12 month warranty. They are unable to explain why the lid keeps locking but won't do anything about it. Not being able to open the lid whenever I want to get something out is most annoying. The freezer is a disaster and their Service Section hasn't got a clue as to the reason and has fobbed me off suggesting I defrost it and see what happens. I've already done this.
I definitely would not recommend this model and by the poor service I would also stay away from this company.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Since writing the above, I have now found someone at the company who knew something about this model and he recommended that I insert a knife blade between the suction pads of the lid and the main body of the freezer for a minute or so. After doing this I have not had any more of these problems to date.

Buy a different one

The freezer wouldn't have been so bad if the customer service would have been better. They're horrible and they don't care and they couldn't solve a simple problem. 10 phone calls with absolutely no resolve also the freezer let's ice buildup on the inside where it's leaking through the seal.

Great

I like the brand it works really great I only need to put a bottle of drink in it 4 bout 90 mins and it’s frozen which is good I got it from the good guys it’s hard to find a freezer that works as good as the 1 I got

Does the job well.

This chest freezer has been a fantastic addition to our place. It's the perfect size for a family of 3 and has provided us with excellent additional space to store frozen items. The unit is relatively compact and easy to fit inside the house. It is quiet, although there is a slight motor noise when it starts to cool. The alarm light is a welcome addition.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Despite its high energy consumption, it does the job beautifully. We bought it on sale, so it was fairly cheap at the time. It's big enough for private usage and can easily fit in a garage. Every few months it needs defrosting, but this is done effortlessly thanks to its drainage hole at the bottom. I usually buy goods on special and freeze them for long periods of time.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

I have a small fridge n always not enough space for frozen goods. Decided to buy a chest freezer and now i can buy more frozen stuff when on special. Also bulk meats and ice cream. I think this is a good size and price as well. Its better off for me to buy a chest freezer compare to have a new fridge

Date PurchasedApr 2017

It does the job!

This is a base model chest freezer - perfect for a second freezer to save a few dollars if making meals in bulk or buying up specials for bread and meat. If I could have afforded it at the time, I would have opted for a frost free as cleaning this one of the ice build up every couple of months is a loathsome chore.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Great freezer

We have had this freezer since May 2017 and it has been great. Its great to have so much space for freezing meat etc. It is quiet, very space efficient, easy to keep tidy inside (has a shelf and basket), and is cheap to run. It doesn't have the defroster but this hasn't been an issue yet.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

new freezer so much better than old reliable chest freezer.

My new freezer is more efficient and lighter to move. Love the sleek lines and large indent handle. Its spacious depth and easy to reach down inside is a joy to use. The Hisense's lovely design looks more like a stylish white cabinet with lights than a "chest freezer".It is so quiet, if you did not see the clear coloured illuminating light one would think the freezer was not going. Thankyou Hisense

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Appears to work OK, but....

Hmm, interesting comments re the seal as I noticed just this morning moisture along the top edge. Will investigate further as this would obviously cause the compressor to work overtime & my power bill ! Bought it from Harvey Norman about 2 years ago as we had a surplus of bunya nuts to keep frozen. Will check out the receipt & see what the warranty is/was. Other than that it seems to work OK in our shed, which is not the best environment.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Faulty seal around handle.

As others have noted. It seems the 200L unit has a design fault where the seal doesn't work in the middle. I noticed on my unit they have started to put a piece of thick double sided tape under the seal where the handle is to try and help it seal better. But ultimately it still refuses to seal correctly. Pretty disappointing as everything else seemed to be excellent with the unit. Will be contacting the retailer to sort something out but given the number of people reporting the same issue over the last 12 months, it looks like this is a bit more than a batch issue. I also noticed that if you run your finger between the door and the freezer body, you will find the gap is larger towards the handle, and much smaller towards the corners where the seal does work. It would seem like there really is a design fault or batch issue of some kind as it will never seal properly with the gap between the lid and the body varying in size.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Just as a followup, returned the unit. The Good Guys were very helpful in replacing it with another brand, and they did mention that they too had seen a few returned with this issue. Was replaced with a Westinghouse which has an unbelievably strong seal and is working beautifully. If it were not for the seal issue, it would be a great little unit, long warranty on it, good size, seemed to cool very well, but ultimately if it doesn't seal it it's going to have a lot of issues in the long run.

Freezer not suitable for advertised use

We have a similar problem to one of the other reviewers. The lid cannot seal properly in the middle of the front of the freezer. When you perform the seal test by sliding a piece of paper (1/2 in and 1/2 out of the freezer) it slides very easily along the length of the front of the freezer and only catches either end where the seal is working properly. The rubbers are fine. The lid is fine. When you lift up the lid, you can see wet condensation where the gap is inside the freezer and just below that lip, you can see frozen condensation. There is nothing blocking the sealing process and the basket is where the seal is strongest at the end of the freezer. This problem started to show itself after the freezer was turned on. We have had the freezer for only a few days. My husband who is 'techy' says it looks like a design problem being there's a problem with the freezer in the middle holding itself closed. Purchased it from JB Hi Fi and found out afterwards, they have one with the exact same problem on their show room floor. They contacted Hisense who claimed this has never happened before - they are the only 2 (freezers) in the whole of Australia with that problem (from the same store - bit strange to make a statement like that). Hisense wanted to deal with us directly as it would be 'quicker' and we were led to believe the freezer will be picked up and replaced. Upon contacting Hisense, this would not be the case and they would have to assess it to determine if it would be eligible under their warranty. Hisense also could not find the serial number in their records. Now, we are in the process of returning this freezer to JB as Hisense could not help. JB offered a replacement and we thought it may have been a 'batch' problem but after reading the other review with the same problem from some time ago, we will now go with another brand. I wish Fisher & Paykel still made a freezer in the 200L range as the last one was great!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
As an update, the freezer started to omit a smell when you opened it. It smelt a bit like rotten meat but everything was still frozen. It has since been returned and JB gave us a full refund and even picked up the freezer. We purchased a Westinghouse 200lt chest freezer elsewhere as it was significantly cheaper and are very happy with it.

This is perfect Wouldn't be without it

Had this freezer since 2012 4 years and it was a year old when I bought it. Got it 2nd hand 150 dollars. Has saved me hundreds if not thousands in being able to freeze things that were on sale. Has never let me down. Fantastic product. I would recommend this freezer to anyone with confidence

Date PurchasedApr 2012

Great little freezer

We needed a freezer as our fridge only had a small freeze compartment and only needed additional space for frozen foods. To be honest I was a bit skeptical at 1st but thought the price was good enough and my budget at the time was limited.

I am so glad I chose this freezer. Compact, light, almost no noise, and does a good job freezing. Very good little freezer. If I have a larger budget at the time I would still go for this freezer. 2 thumbs up!!!

Date PurchasedOct 2015