Hisense HR6CF146 / HR6CF206 / HR6CF307

Hisense HR6CF146 / HR6CF206 / HR6CF307

HR6CF146, HR6CF206, HR6CF307

See the Best Freezers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jaz

JazSydney, NSW

Alarm light on not freezing

Bought this around 4 years ago. Up until then it worked perfectly. This morning the alarm light appeared in red. Looks like it’s reached it’s timespan. It’s had it. Unbelievable!

Purchased in March 2015 at The Good Guys for $300.00.

toekneeFar North Queensland, QLD

Good warranty, bad coms

Purchased in March 2016 at Harvey Norman for $349.00.

Klm

Klm

Great freezer for a couple who live on a farm

Great size freezer for farm life. Can ice up a bit requires defrost every six months but not too bad. Could be helpful having extra baskets so we bought something suitable otherwise a good purchase from the good guys in Shepparton.
Three star rating but haven’t noticed any change on our power bill

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Dennis Filippas

Dennis FilippasVIC, 3083

Excellent value

Got this chest freezer in July 2018 at a good price of $253 from the good guys, I purchased this freezer as a spear for the summer, So far no issues and very happy with it, for a family of 2-3 this 145L freezer its perfect Would definitely recommend this

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Iris

IrisSA, 5290

Excellent chest freezer

I purchased this from Harvey Norman on the 20th September 2018, and am delighted with it. It was quick to reach right temperature, and is so quiet, you wouldn't know it was in use. It is definitely big enough for 2 people, and fits well in a small space. Can certainly recommend this freezer.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Joe1

Joe1

Bought on thegoodguys ebay $288 (include $50 delivery fee)

i am happy with this chest freezer and this is enough for a family of 3 or 4 and very quiet while compressor working, the purpose of this product is to be an extended storage for main fridge. This product has a 3 star energy rating, consuming 265kw a year, not too bad.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Lid keeps locking for 10 minutes every half hour

When I rang the service dept they stated I should have reported this within the first week of purchase - despite the 12 month warranty. They are unable to explain why the lid keeps locking but won't do anything about it. Not being able to open the lid whenever I want to get something out is most annoying. The freezer is a disaster and their Service Section hasn't got a clue as to the reason and has fobbed me off suggesting I defrost it and see what happens. I've already done this.
I definitely would not recommend this model and by the poor service I would also stay away from this company.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Buy a different one

The freezer wouldn't have been so bad if the customer service would have been better. They're horrible and they don't care and they couldn't solve a simple problem. 10 phone calls with absolutely no resolve also the freezer let's ice buildup on the inside where it's leaking through the seal.

Cooper09

Cooper095 Lloyd street morphettville sa 5043

Great

I like the brand it works really great I only need to put a bottle of drink in it 4 bout 90 mins and it’s frozen which is good I got it from the good guys it’s hard to find a freezer that works as good as the 1 I got

Mat

MatMelbourne

Does the job well.

This chest freezer has been a fantastic addition to our place. It's the perfect size for a family of 3 and has provided us with excellent additional space to store frozen items. The unit is relatively compact and easy to fit inside the house. It is quiet, although there is a slight motor noise when it starts to cool. The alarm light is a welcome addition.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Nizo

NizoBrisbane, QLD

Despite its high energy consumption, it does the job beautifully. We bought it on sale, so it was fairly cheap at the time. It's big enough for private usage and can easily fit in a garage. Every few months it needs defrosting, but this is done effortlessly thanks to its drainage hole at the bottom. I usually buy goods on special and freeze them for long periods of time.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Fwang

Fwang

I have a small fridge n always not enough space for frozen goods. Decided to buy a chest freezer and now i can buy more frozen stuff when on special. Also bulk meats and ice cream. I think this is a good size and price as well. Its better off for me to buy a chest freezer compare to have a new fridge

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Lou

LouGold Coast

It does the job!

This is a base model chest freezer - perfect for a second freezer to save a few dollars if making meals in bulk or buying up specials for bread and meat. If I could have afforded it at the time, I would have opted for a frost free as cleaning this one of the ice build up every couple of months is a loathsome chore.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Lauren

LaurenBrisbane

Great freezer

We have had this freezer since May 2017 and it has been great. Its great to have so much space for freezing meat etc. It is quiet, very space efficient, easy to keep tidy inside (has a shelf and basket), and is cheap to run. It doesn't have the defroster but this hasn't been an issue yet.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
sue

suetarro 2322 nsw

new freezer so much better than old reliable chest freezer.

My new freezer is more efficient and lighter to move. Love the sleek lines and large indent handle. Its spacious depth and easy to reach down inside is a joy to use. The Hisense's lovely design looks more like a stylish white cabinet with lights than a "chest freezer".It is so quiet, if you did not see the clear coloured illuminating light one would think the freezer was not going. Thankyou Hisense

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
art

artWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Appears to work OK, but....

Hmm, interesting comments re the seal as I noticed just this morning moisture along the top edge. Will investigate further as this would obviously cause the compressor to work overtime & my power bill ! Bought it from Harvey Norman about 2 years ago as we had a surplus of bunya nuts to keep frozen. Will check out the receipt & see what the warranty is/was. Other than that it seems to work OK in our shed, which is not the best environment.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

RossPerth, WA

Faulty seal around handle.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

shopperjillTownsville, Qld

Freezer not suitable for advertised use

Rusty Lee

Rusty LeeNew South Wales, 2323

This is perfect Wouldn't be without it

Had this freezer since 2012 4 years and it was a year old when I bought it. Got it 2nd hand 150 dollars. Has saved me hundreds if not thousands in being able to freeze things that were on sale. Has never let me down. Fantastic product. I would recommend this freezer to anyone with confidence

Date PurchasedApr 2012

Rabobi

RabobiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great little freezer

We needed a freezer as our fridge only had a small freeze compartment and only needed additional space for frozen foods. To be honest I was a bit skeptical at 1st but thought the price was good enough and my budget at the time was limited.

I am so glad I chose this freezer. Compact, light, almost no noise, and does a good job freezing. Very good little freezer. If I have a larger budget at the time I would still go for this freezer. 2 thumbs up!!!

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Paulasked

I can’t open the door of my hisense freezer HR6CF146. Intermittently it opens then it is stuck tight. Any ideas?

Paul,
My freezer is the same... I think it's something to do with the following, but not a scientist so may be off the track.
When the lid is opened warm outside air rushes in and when the lid is reclosed, that warm air immediately shrinks in the much colder environment which creates a vacuum inside that makes it difficult to reopen straight away. But you may need to fact check me there. That's the only thing I can think of. In which case this is normal and I can remember the same thing happening with a much larger and older deep freezer I used to have, especially after I replaced the seals on it.

Paul

I think you’re right. I gently jimmied it open with a lever, cleaned the seals and it’s been ok since.

F.F.D

F.F.Dasked

Hi, i actually have A HR6CF306 freezer, which has the alarm light on and is not freezing.... what does this mean? Is the motor broken? The motor turns on ocassionaly on and off....

toeknee

Sorry for the delay in response... Yeah, this becoming a common theme with this brand of chest freezer by what I've read and heard and experienced myself.
Mine was replaced under warranty due to the same alarm light being on and the unit not keeping cold. Although it would come good for a while at times before shining the alarm light on again.
A person from Hisense in Australia actually told me it means the compressor is not functioning properly enough to keep the temp setting, so I chose to replace it with another brand new Hisense freezer, which also attracts the 3yr warranty! Hisense seem to be the only brand with an alarm light as such. Which I find a handy feature.
So if yours is still under warranty you'll have it replaced or credited to the store you bought it from. If you read my initial review on my freezer you understand that it can become an arduous exercise to get the ball rolling on a warranty claim, but nonetheless, the claim legally starts on the date you make first contact with them.
Hope this helps...

Jeb

Jebasked

Hi
For HR6CF146 what is lowest and highest temperature?
It can bellow 0°C??

Hi Jeb,
As far as I have found, all freezers should get to -18C before cycling off. The higher the number on the dial the colder it's said to get but this is more to do with how often the compressor cycles on and off to maintain that temp. Generally the -18C is always maintained at the middle setting with the best efficiency.

I set mine always, to the middle setting of the range i.e. 1 -7 would be 3.5 and 1 - 10 would be 5.
A refrigeration mechanic once told me this is the best rule to observe since it averages the cycling times and tends to run the most efficiently.
Of course, if you load a heap of unfrozen stuff into the freezer, it will cycle on for longer and/ or more often so as to get the temp down again. Or you can just turn the dial to maximum until it cycles off before putting back to the middle setting. This way the freezer won't need to cycle on multiple times in order to freeze the stuff. Because the Hisense freezers aren't inverter types, they use huge power each time they cycle up.

Get an answer from our members and Hisense representatives