Hisense Series 6 P6

Hisense Series 6 P6

43P6 (43"), 50P6 (50"), 55P6 (55") and 65P6 (65")

Customer service very rude. They hang up the call after repeating what they want to say

I called and reported problems with a TV recently purchased. I spent more than 15 minutes on checking TV's function multiple times once no buttons on remote or TV set working. They say I need to be on TV but it is hard to spare time to be at TV when the centre is open if you are working at day time. They said they can send someone but it can be charged if it is not fault on the TV. I was asking how it is charged and whether they are technicians from Hisense and as such. Then the staff just repeatedly told me to call again when I am in front of the TV and hung up the phone all of sudden. I was asking for the call out as I was very sure it is TV's fault even they said I can be charged if TV is ok. Then How rude they are. They just say what they want to and hang up.

By the way, It is just week 3 after purchase. TV remote and even manual button on the bottom of the display is not functioning even after battery changes. Then only function working is turning on and off. Even that is not reliable and stable. Some times I had to plug off from power point to turn off as the manual button is not working. Better not to gamble with your new TV purchase if you would like to save your time. You can buy Hisense only if you are confident to be available to be in front of TV when their customer service centre is open.

Purchased in April 2019.

Good but not the best! Worth the price though

Bought this product from jb hifi last month and till now the product is good. Excellent picture quality, love playing xbox on this TV. It has netflix on single click and some pre-installed apps.

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Sound Quality

Great TV overall, however I have some issues...

Excellent if you're on a budget. Picture quality is crystal clear, super easy to set up and use and works well as a basic TV, however I mainly use it for gaming as opposed to watching stuff and I have to say I'm a little disappointed. The P6 was meant to come with a Game Mode and some other features, but noticed mine didn't have them. I found out after purchasing it that only the larger models have these features so I feel like what is advertised on the Hisense website is a little bit misleading, especially if you're after this TV solely for Game Mode. The sound quality also isn't the greatest but a good soundbar or pair of speakers should do the trick. I had some problems setting my speakers up to the TV too; they only seem to work in the headphone jack? So when I want to turn the volume up or down, I have to do it through the headphone settings because the regular volume buttons control the volume on the TV itself. A small annoyance but not the biggest issue, I'm sure there's a way to fix it lol.

All in all a good TV, just make sure you know what you're looking for. Do your research properly before you buy and don't be afraid to look at other options too.

Purchased in November 2018.

TV is rubbish

I brought this TV in January 2018 one month before the warranty expired i had a vertical line through the screen and the volume won't work had to have it up at the top of the range on the volume then it would just turn itself of. Had problems with Netflix i couldn't scroll it would just keep scrolling couldn't stop on any shows. I rang Hisense and they sent a replacement TV out a week later i have had my new TV for 5 weeks and now have two vertical lines running through the screen and the picture quality is fuzzy and pixelated so i again rang and complained they have now sent me out another TV same brand very worried that the issue will show up again.

Purchased in January 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $899.00.

Good value for money.

After my LG failed 3 months out of a 3 yr warranty, I decided to buy a cheaper brand and found Hisense to be very good value for money. Standard USB & HDMI ports as you’d expect. Good quality picture without paying a fortune.

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys.

Sound Quality

Great tv, excellent picture.

TV has a great picture, sound isn't bad but i have not fully tested it as i have it connected to my stereo. Has netflix already loaded with a few other apps that i dont use. The feet on base seem quiet stable and easy to install. The box that it came in was even designed well with 4 pull tabs to make the box slide off. No need to try and fish the tv out the top like others. Very happy with the product so far.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $1,095.00.

Sound Quality

Really really happy with my purchase

This is the best tv i have ever owned.
The picture quality is sharp vivid and overall, superb with great sound.
Set up from new is a breeze, no frustrating time wasting setups that spoil your new purchase.
On demand tv is so easy to access as is Netflix and youtube.
The perfect, quality, smart tv with all the features you could ever want at a price hard to believe.
A family christmas gift , loved by all.
I highly recomend this tv.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,400.00.

Issues with streaming

We purchased this TV via JBHiFi (Must have been and incentive) Picture is OK but kept geting coloured screens when streaming STAN so had to turn off and on again (no issues). Now it wont stream at all. Not an internet issue as eberything else in the house is working. Very average as we never had this issue with out LG SONY and PAMASONIC TV's

Purchased in November 2018.

Sound Quality

Great value television, great picture.

Just brought this new TV upgraded from a 48" to this 65". Wow how big this TV is when you get it home. Love the ease of install. Great with our Netflix, PS4 and kids use YouTube alot. Easy remote to use for all of us including the kids. Plenty of USB and HDMI ports. We have had other Hisense TV's and they are still in working order. Great brand and they last forever. So far, we all love this smart TV.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $900.00.

Reasonably priced - top quality

Early last year we were looking to replace our 60 inch LG HD TV after it finally started failing. I read a raft of reviews and found that Hisense TVs had excellent reviews and were being compared with the likes of Sony, LG and Samsung that cost thousands more. Our local Good Guys store had a special on the outgoing P6 model, so picked it up for less than $2,000. I have to say that the picture is exceptional (especially 4K Netflix etc.), the internet functions easy to use and the sound quality is impressive. Members of my wife's family were so impressed that they went and bought 50 and 60 inch versions of the same TV. By contrast I bought a Kogan 4K TV (32") for my son and it's not in the same league as the Hisense.

Purchased in January 2018 at Good Guys Capalaba for $1,839.00.

Doesn’t Work Service is non existent

My Hisense 50 P6 worked for 5 mins then powered off.Rang Hisense help line,no one ever calls you back and Shellharbour JBHi Fi service is appalling also.Its 2 weeks now and despite numerous phone calls to both companies I still have no TV and have not had 1 phone call returned

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $799.00.

Incredible TV!!

We had bought a 55" Hisense TV 2 years ago and needed a larger one for our new home. We decided in buying another hisense as we love the quality and process are always great. This TV is amazing.. clarity is amazing.. no pixels when you watch TV.. gorgeous colours.. bought added warranty as we always do. The TV was easy to set up but does need to come with child safety straps. All round love this TV! Will be buying another one. Hisense customer service is always great and responsive. The TV is very easy to use from installing chan ela on first start up to using netflix.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

So happy we chose hisense

We purchased this Hisense smart tv after talking to the man at JB HiFi. He said that Hisense don't waste as much money as other well known brands on advertising and put their money into their actual products. This resonated with me and after a little bit of further research, I was satisfied and we purchased. I am so glad we did. Beautiful picture and incredibly simple to use. It is so great we upgraded all our other tv's in the house to hisense. My parents even purchased one after seeing the quality of our tv and my dad was always strictly a Panasonic or Samsung man. Highly reccomend

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Too many bugs

Purchased a Hisense 50P6 at Xmas 2018.
Unfortunately the SBS app kept crashing with a "Not Connected to Internet" sign which cannot be removed from the screen. The OK button is greyed out.
So, after multiple calls to the Helpline (1.5 hours wait each time) I eventually acquired new firmware. This fixed the SBS app BUT now on every live to air ABC channel there is a black box permanently on the screen. This happens when the Freeview sign comes across the screen, it always leaves a black surround behind. It never goes away.

Good TV if you don't mind putting up with all of these issues. I guess that's why they are cheap...

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Excellent picture & sound at a good value price. One downside

I am happy with the excellent picture & sound at a good value price ($796) on sale from Harvey Norman. Streaming video by wifi from my internet modem is brilliant. One downside - unlike our previous Samsung TVs, no detailed user manual giving instructions on how to navigate through all the functions of this model Hisense TV were provided in the box, nor Hisense website. Figured it all out eventually, but a detailed instruction booklet in the box. or online (or maybe a video) would have saved me a lot of time.

UPDATE: Encountered pixelation problems on ABC & 10 after initial tuning-in (but old TV could still work with no problems). Called in an Antenna man who measure signal levels and said they were on the margin. He commented that in his experience Hisense TVs were OK but their tuners were not as good as those used in more expensive brands.
Installation of a higher grade antenna +masthead amplifier+ replaced dodgy splitter costing $550 has solved the problems.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $796.00.

Sound Quality

Excellent TV at a great price

I was wanting to upgrade to a smart TV on a budget, when I was recommended this model by a staff member in JB HiFi. It's brilliant, great picture - super crisp and clear on the HD channels. Great having Netflix and YouTube buttons on the remote. The freeview is a little sluggish but actually works well once you're in. Highly recommend.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Excellent TV for free to air and streaming

Very nice picture and beautiful colours. Hi def channels and streaming is excellent. It took very little time to set up, the menu to adjust picture and sound is easy to use. The Freeview interface is easy to use. Works well with Chromecast and interfaces with iPad and iPhone. It has a reminder function for live tv reminders. it would be much better if i could download CuriosityStream app instead of using my iPad & Chromecast. Its great value. I’m not a gamer and don’t watch dvds so the number of ports is not important to me.

Simple and Efficient

We were looking for an affordable smart tv that was easy to use and did the job without complications. We bought this from Harvey Norman on sale and are glad we did! It has a sharp clear picture on the 50" screen. Colours look great on streamed content and free to air is ok as you would expect from a low quality signal.
We wanted something that was going to look nice mounted on the wall in our family area for the kids. It's slim and very light. It's sound is crisp and clear.
One button press for Netflix or YouTube is great! The built in apps work really well with needing to worry about running an android OS.
I haven't tried gaming on it since my gaming equipment is on a projector in another room.
The only thing I could say to improve this tv is that it doesn't seem to have a sleep timer but otherwise it's a great all round tv at its price point.

Great tv

We bought the 65” from The Good Guys. The tv looks and sounds great. We’ve had no problems. The picture is clear, the sound is good. Setting up the tv was very easy. If it’s not a HD channel it looks awful. It doesn’t look as good as the instore demo though.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Great Value, Great Picture

Upgraded from an old Plasma and the difference is very noticeable. Installation was easy as it was so much lighter then our 50" Plasma. The borderless frame makes the 55" the same physical size as our old 50". Options a all good and processes petty quick, smart TV is great, no more laptop hook ups just to watch Netfilx or USB devices.
Had an issue with the remove buttons not working after the 2nd day but they all came good the next day, no idea what or why but just something I'll have to keep an eye on.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

dOES tHE 50P6 hAVE a gAME mODE? iS iT sUITABLE fOR aN xBOX?
https://hisense.com.au/product/55-series-6-55p6/ Yes it has a game mode with the Xbox running through a HDMI@60Hz. I've researched a few T.V's including the Sony and Phillips, for the Price x Quality I think I'll buy this one from GoodGuys due to ease of warranty + clearance price. Although the Sony was a close second (much better for gaming) I don't do much gaming, if I did I would go with the 49" Sony rather than the 55" Hisense. I couldn't hear the sound on either T.V when I was in store. Sony had problems with the 'Smart features' but XBox would be better to host the apps anyway.No, anything under 50" doesn't have the game mode (as well as some other features). Would still be good for an Xbox though, it works perfectly with my ps4 despite not having game mode.

I have speakers (Audioengine a2+) connected to this tv however they only work through the headphone jack? Anyone know how to fix this? Tired of having to change the volume through the headphone settings lol

Hisense 50" P6... Just changed to a new modem router, and when I go to connect the TV to wifi it says, "Network Configuration: Disconnected" I've even re tried the original modem, (that was working with no probs before), and even that won't re connect. Tried unplugging from the power socket for a few minutes, still nothing.
Did you try clearing the cache on the tv? This happened to me the other day and after I cleared the cache everything worked fine againThanks Alyssa, great advice, gave it a factory re boot and everything came back like magic. All hooked up now and rocking and rolling in style. Hooked up a new Samsung sound bar and that has improved the sound quality no end, have turned the TV sound off completely and running all sound now thru the sound bar, what a difference. Thanks for your help.

Series 6 43P6 (43")Series 6 50P6 (50")Series 6 55P6 (55")Series 6 65P6 (65")
Price (RRP) $999$1,099$1,399$1,899
Screen Size 43"50"55"65"
Screen TypeLED/LCD LED/LCD LED/LCD LED/LCD
Type of TVSmart TVSmart TVSmart TVSmart TV
Energy Rating4 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)5 star(s)
Wireless OptionsWi-FiWi-FiWi-FiWi-Fi
Refresh Rate 50/60Hz50/60Hz50/60Hz50/60Hz
Number of HDMI Ports4444
Number of USB Ports2222
Wall MountableYesYesYesYes
Weight8.4 kg12.7 kg15.5 kg22.5 kg
Dimensions (without stand) 566 x 961 × 67 mm653 x 1116 × 67 mm718 x 1231 × 66 mm841 x 1450 × 71 mm
Dimensions (with stand) 617 x 961 × 202 mm711 x 1116 × 232 mm776 x 1231 × 232 mm912 x 1450 × 284 mm
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)

Visit official website - Download manual