Hisense Series 6 P6

Hisense Series 6 P6

43P6 (43"), 50P6 (50"), 55P6 (55") and 65P6 (65")

Reasonably priced - top quality

Early last year we were looking to replace our 60 inch LG HD TV after it finally started failing. I read a raft of reviews and found that Hisense TVs had excellent reviews and were being compared with the likes of Sony, LG and Samsung that cost thousands more. Our local Good Guys store had a special on the outgoing P6 model, so picked it up for less than $2,000. I have to say that the picture is exceptional (especially 4K Netflix etc.), the internet functions easy to use and the sound quality is impressive. Members of my wife's family were so impressed that they went and bought 50 and 60 inch versions of the same TV. By contrast I bought a Kogan 4K TV (32") for my son and it's not in the same league as the Hisense.

Purchased at Good Guys Capalaba for $1,839.00.

Doesn’t Work Service is non existent

My Hisense 50 P6 worked for 5 mins then powered off.Rang Hisense help line,no one ever calls you back and Shellharbour JBHi Fi service is appalling also.Its 2 weeks now and despite numerous phone calls to both companies I still have no TV and have not had 1 phone call returned

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $799.00.

Incredible TV!!

We had bought a 55" Hisense TV 2 years ago and needed a larger one for our new home. We decided in buying another hisense as we love the quality and process are always great. This TV is amazing.. clarity is amazing.. no pixels when you watch TV.. gorgeous colours.. bought added warranty as we always do. The TV was easy to set up but does need to come with child safety straps. All round love this TV! Will be buying another one. Hisense customer service is always great and responsive. The TV is very easy to use from installing chan ela on first start up to using netflix.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

So happy we chose hisense

We purchased this Hisense smart tv after talking to the man at JB HiFi. He said that Hisense don't waste as much money as other well known brands on advertising and put their money into their actual products. This resonated with me and after a little bit of further research, I was satisfied and we purchased. I am so glad we did. Beautiful picture and incredibly simple to use. It is so great we upgraded all our other tv's in the house to hisense. My parents even purchased one after seeing the quality of our tv and my dad was always strictly a Panasonic or Samsung man. Highly reccomend

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Too many bugs

Purchased a Hisense 50P6 at Xmas 2018.
Unfortunately the SBS app kept crashing with a "Not Connected to Internet" sign which cannot be removed from the screen. The OK button is greyed out.
So, after multiple calls to the Helpline (1.5 hours wait each time) I eventually acquired new firmware. This fixed the SBS app BUT now on every live to air ABC channel there is a black box permanently on the screen. This happens when the Freeview sign comes across the screen, it always leaves a black surround behind. It never goes away.

Good TV if you don't mind putting up with all of these issues. I guess that's why they are cheap...

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Excellent picture & sound at a good value price. One downside

I am happy with the excellent picture & sound at a good value price ($796) on sale from Harvey Norman. Streaming video by wifi from my internet modem is brilliant. One downside - unlike our previous Samsung TVs, no detailed user manual giving instructions on how to navigate through all the functions of this model Hisense TV were provided in the box, nor Hisense website. Figured it all out eventually, but a detailed instruction booklet in the box. or online (or maybe a video) would have saved me a lot of time.

UPDATE: Encountered pixelation problems on ABC & 10 after initial tuning-in (but old TV could still work with no problems). Called in an Antenna man who measure signal levels and said they were on the margin. He commented that in his experience Hisense TVs were OK but their tuners were not as good as those used in more expensive brands.
Installation of a higher grade antenna +masthead amplifier+ replaced dodgy splitter costing $550 has solved the problems.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $796.00.

Sound Quality

Excellent TV at a great price

I was wanting to upgrade to a smart TV on a budget, when I was recommended this model by a staff member in JB HiFi. It's brilliant, great picture - super crisp and clear on the HD channels. Great having Netflix and YouTube buttons on the remote. The freeview is a little sluggish but actually works well once you're in. Highly recommend.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Excellent TV for free to air and streaming

Very nice picture and beautiful colours. Hi def channels and streaming is excellent. It took very little time to set up, the menu to adjust picture and sound is easy to use. The Freeview interface is easy to use. Works well with Chromecast and interfaces with iPad and iPhone. It has a reminder function for live tv reminders. it would be much better if i could download CuriosityStream app instead of using my iPad & Chromecast. Its great value. I’m not a gamer and don’t watch dvds so the number of ports is not important to me.

Simple and Efficient

We were looking for an affordable smart tv that was easy to use and did the job without complications. We bought this from Harvey Norman on sale and are glad we did! It has a sharp clear picture on the 50" screen. Colours look great on streamed content and free to air is ok as you would expect from a low quality signal.
We wanted something that was going to look nice mounted on the wall in our family area for the kids. It's slim and very light. It's sound is crisp and clear.
One button press for Netflix or YouTube is great! The built in apps work really well with needing to worry about running an android OS.
I haven't tried gaming on it since my gaming equipment is on a projector in another room.
The only thing I could say to improve this tv is that it doesn't seem to have a sleep timer but otherwise it's a great all round tv at its price point.

Great tv

We bought the 65” from The Good Guys. The tv looks and sounds great. We’ve had no problems. The picture is clear, the sound is good. Setting up the tv was very easy. If it’s not a HD channel it looks awful. It doesn’t look as good as the instore demo though.

Great Value, Great Picture

Upgraded from an old Plasma and the difference is very noticeable. Installation was easy as it was so much lighter then our 50" Plasma. The borderless frame makes the 55" the same physical size as our old 50". Options a all good and processes petty quick, smart TV is great, no more laptop hook ups just to watch Netfilx or USB devices.
Had an issue with the remove buttons not working after the 2nd day but they all came good the next day, no idea what or why but just something I'll have to keep an eye on.

Win/Win with Hisense

I love our new 50 inch Hisense Smart TV easy to navigate great apps great resolutions great quality and value for money works with NBN seamless connectivity nice colour slim design functional family friendly use for youtube music movies catch up tv movie marathons high functionality with low or high tech wizards

Date PurchasedJan 2018

My new unit has horrible motion blur, and support is non existent

2 months in providing an update. Still not resolved here. So i guess take your chances and hope you dont need support because its complete rubbish.

So i'll summarise what's wrong with it first
- It essentially motion blurs and the picture follows itself along
- The image is super grainy, like a 1980's TV
- If Im watching tennis or cricket on FTA TV i cant make out faces its that blurry

I won't bother with the positives at this point too much:
- Netflix and youtube buttons and functionality are great
- HD content is great
- It's pretty fast operating
- If it isn't blurry and messy it would be a great unit..

Fantastic value

We upgraded from a TCL and the difference is noticeable. The load time is so quick and playing PS4 Pro games is crisp. The menus are easy to navigate and it's great that you can rename the inputs to whatever you like. It also doesn't have noticeable bezels which is neat.

Too good to refuse

I watch A LOT of TV and love my netflix sessions. So when my second-hand, tiny Allure TV wasn't cutting it any more, I jumped at the opportunity to purchase this baby at a very decent price (during a one day sale). I'm no gamer or technology expert but I consulted with my dad who is, and he agreed it seemed like a great buy! I'm not disappointed. I think the picture quality and volume is great. Simple to use and does what a smart TV is meant to do. The silver frame is pretty and sits securely on the TV unit.

Great Picture Quality for the Price - Some firmware issues

I cannot fault the picture quality, sound quality and value for money but am disappointed with the quality/reliability of the inbuilt Freeview and 9Now catchup TV app on the bundled smartTV apps. It seems the standard firmware is a little buggy as the 9Now app stops working often when playing back Channel 9 catchup TV programs and the screen reverts to playing Live TV. The frequency of software crashes increases the longer you use the Apps. After a while not even Netflix will launch. Rebooting the TV by unplugging it resets it.
To bypass this issue I am now using a separately purchased Chromecast Ultra with the TV to ensure I can used these smart TV features and the Chromecast has no such issues playing the same 9Now content.

*** EDIT: I finally raised a support ticket and got to speak to someone after close to an hour on hold. They sent me
Hisense P6 TV firmware (version I0723) which is a newer version than the TV update check has which seems to have solved the 9Now dropouts.

Another minor gripe is that you cannot watch a recorded show at the same time it is recording. As someone who loves watching live sports this feature is very important as I don't want to have to wait for the event to be finished before being able to replay, pause and fast forward it.

Also I find that the inbuilt casting support does not work with all phone/tablet apps, so I still need a chromecast for that feature.

For the price I still think it is good value and quality (minus the smart TV features). Just factor in spending extra for a real Chromecast and/or PVR if having those stable smart TV features is important to you.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Okay quality for a very good price

We got a great deal on this TV. The picture quality is okay, certainly good for the price we paid, but there are some occasional image artifacts in moving scenes and some ghosting is evident in certain conditions (high contrast scenes). All in a good deal on a decent TV.

Excellent tv

Great quality tv at a great price. Haven't had any issues so far. My husband bought this purely for use on the extra PlayStation 4 we have and it hasn't disappointed. Name brand quality for generic brand price. Would recommend this tv for anyone looking to buy on leave for themselves.