Holland America Line

Oosterdam, Maasdam, Koningsdam, etc... (See All)
See the Best Cruises in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Holland America Line? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Trip Length12 days
  • Booked Through
  • Entertainment
  • Rooms
  • Food
  • Staff

Marila
MarilaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Refund received many thanks to Dylan

We booked a trip to Canada in September 2019 way before we heard the word covid. Part of this trip was a seven day cruise to Alaska with Holland America. Trip never happened due to covid and finally after many emails and discussions with Holland America they agreed to refund our cruise money in full. At first they were not very helpful but I happened to come across one of their cruise consultants, DYLAN, and thanks to him he listened and was successful in getting our refund. It just goes to show to never back down there are still some good people out there, like Dylan, who are prepared to listen to you and go that extra mile so thank you Dylan you are an asset to your company and keep up the good work.

Travelling Party Adults

Booked Through Cruise Line
Glenn
GlennRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Poor corporate company-AVOID

Booked and paid for cruise with Holland America through Vacations2go. The cruise was scheduled for October 2020. Holland America cancelled cruise in May 2020, refused to refund money until October 2020. When I finally received refund it was $500 short because of foreign exchange fall. Travel Insurance company says they won't pay my claim for loss. My sincere advise as a someone that has taken many enjoyable cruises is not to book until the cruise industry changes their payment system. It is disproportionately weighted in their favour just like banks and insurance companies. CAVEAT EMPTOR

Jane C.
Jane C.Sydney, NSW

No refund after cruise cancellation because of COVID-19

We booked a Holland America cruise in January 2020 to sail in May 2020 from Italy. The cruise was cancelled because of COVID-19, but they wouldn’t give us a refund. Instead we got a credit, but it had to be re-booked this year. It is still the height of COVID-19, and our country does not allow international travel for its citizens. We think this is very poor service, and reflects badly on Holland America

Travelling Party Adults

Katie M.
Katie M.

Thank you for refund.

I want to thank Holland America for their promptness in providing a full refund. It was a very distressing time finding out that our Mediterranean cruise was being cancelled due to COVID-19 and not being allowed to leave the country. But it was great to know that we were offered different alternatives regarding the payment we had made. After the pandemic is over I would certainly consider Holland America again.

Booked Through Third Party

Keep a dying man's money, just because they can.

nolas
nolasAU

Dreadful cruise line and should be avoided at all cost

Jane
JaneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

We recently cruised on the Koningsdam, for a 21 day Mediterranean cruise

jetsetter
jetsetterSydney Surrounds, NSW

VERY DODGY

On the final night of our cruise I settled our onboard account. When I received my next credit card account HAL had put another $7 on it. I know it isn't much but it adds up if you do it to every cabin. Result - 2 otherwise happy passengers who won't be back. Plenty of other cruise companies around

B. Jones
B. JonesSouth East Queensland, QLD

No customer service for big notes

Guest services refused to change my 200 Euros for smaller notes, despite recording a in house video recommending it safer to only take small notes ashore. They did say they would advance me the Euros on my credit card for a 3% fee. Now I have no spending money. No information on booking indicated they had a limit on change.

kellie
kellieredlands

Be careful

Booked Through Cruise Line

One of the worst I had been.

Travelling Party Seniors

John C
John CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Viking Saga cruise

Visited 4 ports in Norway out of Amsterdam on Koningsdam end of June 2018. The trip and staff far exceeded my expectations as I normally travel independently. Shore excursions were too expensive and we generally loved walking around places we visited independently. I am over 65, overall very happy and we would seriously consider them again. Food on board was great. As Australians we are not used to North American gratuity practices

Sherry
SherryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible experience

Kieron KEONG
Kieron KEONGMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst Customer Service EVER!!

We have recently cancelled a 28 Night Asian Cruise, set to sail in October 2018. Since February 2018, on at least 5 occasions I had email Holland America about my booking. Each time, I received an Automatic Reply with a Reference Number and note to say they would be in contact. After 5 months only 1 reply which was a copied email from my last cruise, which had nothing to do with this enquiry. Guest Relation and Loyalty Web Priority, What a JOKE!! Never again.

CCgolf15
CCgolf15asked
Holland America Line Westerdam

I recently completed a 7-day Alaskan Voyage, from Seward to Vancouver, a thoroughly enjoyable week. However, on disembarking, I found my 12 month old Samsonite hard cover suitcase had been dented and split during unloading from the Westerdam. There was an urgency in collecting our luggage and no obvious person to report the damage to. It was also raining and transport for our group to our accommodation was a priority, so I had no opportunity to look for a person in authority. I did not have access to my email for the duration of our holiday in Canada. I arrived back in Australia yesterday. Is there a further process to claim some sort of compensation for damaged luggage from Holland America?