Holland America Line

Holland America Line

Oosterdam, Maasdam, Westerdam, etc...

• Trip Length12 days
  • Staff
Jane C.

Jane C.Sydney, NSW

No refund after cruise cancellation because of COVID-19

We booked a Holland America cruise in January 2020 to sail in May 2020 from Italy. The cruise was cancelled because of COVID-19, but they wouldn’t give us a refund. Instead we got a credit, but it had to be re-booked this year. It is still the height of COVID-19, and our country does not allow international travel for its citizens. We think this is very poor service, and reflects badly on Holland America

Katie M.

Katie M.

Thank you for refund.

I want to thank Holland America for their promptness in providing a full refund. It was a very distressing time finding out that our Mediterranean cruise was being cancelled due to COVID-19 and not being allowed to leave the country. But it was great to know that we were offered different alternatives regarding the payment we had made. After the pandemic is over I would certainly consider Holland America again.

Booked ThroughThird Party

Keep a dying man's money, just because they can.

Booked ThroughCruise Line

nolas

nolasAU

Dreadful cruise line and should be avoided at all cost

Trip Length10 days
Jane

JaneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

We recently cruised on the Koningsdam, for a 21 day Mediterranean cruise

Trip Length21 days
jetsetter

jetsetterSydney Surrounds, NSW

VERY DODGY

On the final night of our cruise I settled our onboard account. When I received my next credit card account HAL had put another $7 on it. I know it isn't much but it adds up if you do it to every cabin. Result - 2 otherwise happy passengers who won't be back. Plenty of other cruise companies around

B. Jones

B. JonesSouth East Queensland, QLD

No customer service for big notes

Guest services refused to change my 200 Euros for smaller notes, despite recording a in house video recommending it safer to only take small notes ashore. They did say they would advance me the Euros on my credit card for a 3% fee. Now I have no spending money. No information on booking indicated they had a limit on change.

Trip Length10 days
kellie

kellieredlands

Be careful

Booked ThroughCruise Line

One of the worst I had been.

John C

John CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Viking Saga cruise

Visited 4 ports in Norway out of Amsterdam on Koningsdam end of June 2018. The trip and staff far exceeded my expectations as I normally travel independently. Shore excursions were too expensive and we generally loved walking around places we visited independently. I am over 65, overall very happy and we would seriously consider them again. Food on board was great. As Australians we are not used to North American gratuity practices

Trip Length7 days
Sherry

SherryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible experience

Kieron KEONG

Kieron KEONGMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst Customer Service EVER!!

We have recently cancelled a 28 Night Asian Cruise, set to sail in October 2018. Since February 2018, on at least 5 occasions I had email Holland America about my booking. Each time, I received an Automatic Reply with a Reference Number and note to say they would be in contact. After 5 months only 1 reply which was a copied email from my last cruise, which had nothing to do with this enquiry. Guest Relation and Loyalty Web Priority, What a JOKE!! Never again.

Lost Items, HAL Response Unacceptable

Bek

BekBrisbane

In my opinion go with another Cruise Line

Christmas/New Year Cruise 2017-2018
The boarding process in Sydney was quick and painless. The Stateroom we occupied was also OK. However the food in the Lido and the Main Dining Room was below standard, had to pick the best of a bad bunch at times. To call Canaletto fine dining is stretching the truth, Pinnacle Grill was OK but you should't expect to pay extra for average food. Entertainment was OK however the staff in the Spa and at the Front Desk very surly and not helpful at all. Although there was a coffee shop, the coffee was not worth buying and we ended up getting our coffee fix on the shore excursions. The shore excursions booked through HAL amount to daylight robbery. Would not cruise with Holland America Line again.

Val Bourke

Val BourkeSouthern and Hills, SA

Should be called POORADAM

Find out how Holland America Line compares to other Cruises

There is lot better out there!

Donald Birks

Donald BirksGippsland, VIC

Select another Cruise company, when things go wrong you are not covered by Australian law.

We had Stateroom 7062 and no sleep, every night tables and chairs moved stacked and unstacked, trolley noise, lots of movements into Storeroom this was from the deck above. noise from 11pm all night. I spoke to several people on this cruise and most had problems with Deck 7 and noise above. waisted $10K on this 19 night cruise, reported it to reception several times also told them on the above deck to be quite nothing helped was told don't report it anymore they know about it. got a small compensation $250 and dinner. contacted Holland America Line on my return got nowhere offered discount on future cruise. using other cruise company's now.

Not good value

Brian_Paterson

Brian_Paterson

14 day Cruise Auckland NZ to Sydney Aust from 7 Nov 2014

piston broke

piston brokesydney

Pirates

in the old times you had to be careful of card sharps on cruise ships . volendam have high pressure sales in posters and so called jewellery selling usually to senile people given free '' champagne ''.pay more money or eat in the school grade café for meals.no aircon in cabin while in port .

CCgolf15

CCgolf15asked

Holland America Line Westerdam

I recently completed a 7-day Alaskan Voyage, from Seward to Vancouver, a thoroughly enjoyable week. However, on disembarking, I found my 12 month old Samsonite hard cover suitcase had been dented and split during unloading from the Westerdam. There was an urgency in collecting our luggage and no obvious person to report the damage to. It was also raining and transport for our group to our accommodation was a priority, so I had no opportunity to look for a person in authority. I did not have access to my email for the duration of our holiday in Canada. I arrived back in Australia yesterday. Is there a further process to claim some sort of compensation for damaged luggage from Holland America?