Good microwave

The microwave preserve really well the original texture of the food , specially is good with the vegetables , I'm so satisfied with the programming features and control that have available , this microwave heats the food evenly , I always to heat my food in the microwave and I never had problems.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

GREAT!!!

This microwave is easy to use. Its large inside so you are not limited to the size of dish you put in it. It heats up very well. Also cleans very well when it comes to splatter from a meal. The functions are good too. Offering easy one button cooking or set a particular length of time for both defrosting or cooking.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Perfect all-round microwave

So I wanted an affordable replacement for our 20 year old Panasonic and chose this Kmart one over the equivalent Kogan one, simply because the buttons and controls looked much simpler, and are what I'm used to.

The microwave looks modern and fits my kitchen decor great. The buttons are very simple to use and program. I can't fault the build quality—aside from the buttons requiring a harder push sometimes due to not always being very sensitive, but that's something I'll get used to. And ultimately this microwave microwaves well, which I assume is the intended purpose!

DO buy this if you just want a good looking microwave that works as it should, at a good price

DON'T buy this if you're expecting some fancy features or little tiny things annoy you (such as loud beeps).

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Not overly impressed

So after reading the reviews I thought I would give this microwave a go.
Replaced an old sharp carousel ( 22 years old).
I really wanted a microwave with the number controls and a non inverter as my microwave is in a cupboard (apparently the inverter types need even more breathing space) and shouldn't be placed in cupboards.
I wanted a large capacity as my old microwave was a 40 litre.
So it came down to the kmart microwave or the Westinghouse (40 litre)...... Wish I had spent the extra and got the Westinghouse :(
I find this microwave really narrow in its width for a 34 litre (only justs fits a loaf of bread).
It's quite noisy and does 5 loud beeps when it finishes...... One of the reviews on here said it had no irritating beep noises..... It must have been broken because trust me, you can't miss the beep noises!!!
The door release needs to be pushed quite hard as do the control buttons ( my old microwave was so much easier, just a light touch). And the door slams shut, with a loud bang too. The stainless steel is definitely not finger print resistant either, it marks really badly. You also need to put extra grip pads on the feet...... Because you have to press the door release and buttons with extra force, the microwave moves every time you use it. My old sharp never moved an inch.
The number panel is pretty useless too.....if you press a number, it starts automatically. So if you press 4, it starts heating for 4 minutes!!!!
You should be able to press 4 and 0 and get 40 seconds ( that's how the old sharp worked).
So to use seconds, you have to press 'time cook"
first.
My old sharp was only 750 W and this is 1100W but my sharp heated way more efficiently.
The defrost is also really disappointing, twice as long as the old sharp!!!!
It's still a typical microwave, heats pretty uneven, hot on the outside and cold in the middle.
Pastry goes really soggy too.
We cooked a continental pasta in it, the steam leaked into the middle panel of the door so you couldn't wipe it off. Took half an hour to clear so you couldn't see anything at all inside.
The light is pretty average too.
I'm quite surprised this microwave has so many good reviews or maybe my old microwave was so fantastic that it makes this look worse than it is.
Yes, it's cheap and from my experience, you obviously get what you pay for.
Would I recommend this microwave???? Probably not..... Even at only $99...... Spend the extra cash and get something decent.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

work well

It's a great microwave, easy to use, efficient, and quick to heat, so it saves time. It has many functions, so it can meet many needs of the family. It's easy to connect, and it's good quality. There are no problems. I would recommend it.I'll keep watching.I like it very much.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Looks good, works well,Doesn't beep endlessly.

The front of this model has sharp lines and looks smart. No branding so it could easily pass for an expensive model. It heats food well. It defrosts much more evenly compared to my old one. 60 and 70% reheats food evenly. I was thinking about an Inverter model but Choice magazine says "It's not essential and isn't relevant to performance, so you can ignore the inverter hype". Well that sold it for me and this is a great machine, Best of all, apart from 5 beeps at the end of cooking, it doesn't beep for any other reason. And the price. Don't let the cheap price put you off.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

So far so good. I have only had it a few weeks ...

So far so good. I have only had it a few weeks but it is easy to use. It is a powerful microwave so if you had a lower wattage one before it may take some getting used to. I love the sensor reheat. It evenly reheats the food and doesn't burn any thing as long as you read the directions. I haven't tried the defrost yet.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Great for the price

Good size, cooks well - not as powerful as our 1100w inverter was but can't complain about the price. It does tend to vibrate a bit if you put stuff on top of it. Overall we are happy with it as the power is enough and the size of the cavity is good.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Love the size ❤️

$99 for such a large microwave is definitely worth!
Although the price of the little one is really attractive but after considering the amount of people in our family, we decided to go with the large one, it heats up food fast and it’s easy to clean, simple function and it stays quiet while operating the machine!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Simple to use and looks good

I have not used a microwave in years and decided when I moved to get a microwave as there was a cavity in the kitchen for one. I bought this at Kmart and it has been great. It looks good and it simple to use. I would highly recommend this cheap and cheerful microwave.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Large Size Works Well

I love a bargain and this suits me very well. It is a huge microwave (34 litres) that can cook large family amounts of food and cost $99. I has a high power outlet 1100 watts and does a very decent job of cooking evenly. Its really fast if you are cooking a small item! You have to reduce your time estimates because of the power. It looks pretty good for a Kmart item and seems well made to me. I think this is a good product and a good bargain for a large sized microwave.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Excellent value for a large Microwave.

It costs just under $100 and I am more than impressed with the value. Easy to operate (read instructions for short cuts) and holds larger items with the power to heat them. Heaps of heating options but works for us on high with appropriate time setting. Looks good and works well.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Works well for a mega-cheap microwave!

Coming from china? Sure it has all the "Bells and whistles" but is it safe?
Is the radiation contained within the heating chamber as well as the more expensive brands?

Is there a customer service number for humans to physically ring and talk to someone?? In Australia.

No, so far so good with mine.

Update: 28 February 2019.
Well, im still alive and kicking (so it is safe), and this hot box of nuts and bolts is still going strong.
No problems at all.
Works as well today as when I bought it 11 months ago.
I have re-uploaded receipt for verification again.
Gosh, what the heck does it take for this site here to verify purchase, a court certification!!

Purchased at Kmart Retail Stores for $99.00.

Noise Level

Great Item For The Price, No Complaints

Though I suffer from extreme budget-itis, instead of settling for the little $48 microwave from Kmart, I went all out for the $99 one. And it is well worth it! A great size for cooking for 5 people or simply reheating, doesn't take up overly much room, and looks quite flash. 1100 watts, autocooking menu, and even a child lock. Highly impressive, Kmart wins again :)

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Practical value

This is an affordable microwave that does everything required. Great value for money. A little annoying that you have to press "cook time" before entering anything less than 30sec. However it cooks for 1 min by pressing simply 1. It is a great deal quieter than my previous microwave and seems well built. Modern design.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Good value at under $100

This microwave is a great price for an 1100w microwave at only $99.

It's fairly big internally and will take most dishes any others will.

Lots if timer functions (defrost, cook, reheat etc).

Slick looking in black and silver you won't be embarrassed to have it sitting on your bench.

My only negative comment at this stage would be that the push handle to open it has small raised dots on it for grip but they make it reasonably uncomfortable to press in, therefore this unit may not be very good for the elderly or people with sensitive fingers.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Bargain!

We only use a micro wave for basic re heating etc but needed a decent size. At 34 litres this Kmart unit does the job and at $99 its a bargain. Works like you'd expect and doesn't look cheap either.

User-friendly and powerful, with a large capacity

I'm very satisfied with this $99 microwave oven from Kmart. It is very user-friendly, powerful and has a large capacity. The 6 auto cooking options make reheating and cooking a breeze. Food cooks very evenly. The black and stainless steel colour is very versatile and would suit any decor.

Date PurchasedOct 2017