Honda Lead 100

Honda Lead 100

See the Best Scooters in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Honda Motorcycles? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Mileage 19,185 km
  • Handling
Ipa
IpaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Honda scv100

The dealer said "it does everything it says on the box", and he was right except he forgot to tell me the smiles it brings to others too.
Starts first time every time, easy to ride, and frugal on gas. Like sitting in an armchair with a fan in front of you. I fitted more aggressive set of tyres for mud, and and extra petrol container for extended range.
I load it up and go camping every weekend and its not the fastest, but without this little scooter my trips would be less enjoyable.
I have 34,000+ mls and no problems, I give it 10/10 for the little Honda.

Purchased in for $1,200.

big disappointment

i bought this scooter because i have a suzuki AZ50UD that after deristricting would only do 70KPH.
You can imagine my disappointment when the honda being twice the size of the suzuki would only do 60KPH on full throttle.I would not recomend this bike to any one. this was a second hand 2005 model, i can unxderstand why the last owner sold this scooter

Purchased in at PRIVATE SELLER for $1,500.

Claire
ClairePerth, WA

Barely faster than a 50cc.

I bought this because I assumed it would be fast enough on 80km/h roads because it has a 100cc motor. It's top speed is 75km/h and that's with a tailwind. Pretty much anything over 60km/h is a bonus but it does accelerate to 60 reasonably quickly off the lights. Handling is rudimentary so it's probably a good thing that it does go much faster.
The biggest fail on this bike is the fact that you can't fit a full face helmet in the seat compartment. This is why you will see them with gear racks and are pretty much a must unless your the sort of fool that gets around with an open face helmet.

Steven
StevenSydney, NSW

Fantastic Bike

A-Z in 123
The Honda lead is the choice of motorcycle taxis overseas and we can tell why .. 100cc plenty of grunt and top speed of 75kph ..

We use them for our scooter Hire business..

Bad point : body plastics poor and hard to get ..

Good points : fuel economy
Two up comfy for pillion
Easy to ready taco

Fazz
Fazz

Great run around scooter!

Purchased in .

• Incentivised Review No
Bern
Bern

Workhorse

This is a great little town bike. The engine is reliable and very economical. The bike handles well for a scooter and the front suspension is very compliant. The wheels would be better with a bigger diameter. The fuel gauge on our bike would not read much above half, even when full. Drum brakes are OK once you make allowances for them.

cashmagic
cashmagicadelaide

fantastic money saver

for just over 10 yrs I used a 125 lead for deliveries of coke and fanta etc, I could fit 4x24cans on the floor and sit on one and put another across the top, finally the clutch gave in so I fitted a new clutch and belt and went for a few yrs more, now my new one is 100cc and works great and only costs $11 petrol from Adelaide to the Barossa return and goes uphill at 60kphr top speed on the flat 85kphr-- the footwell is a lot smaller than the old 125cc so I wouldn't do my old deliveri3s with this one.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Vinnie86
Vinnie86AU

Honda Lead SCV100 Scooter

Ian Morgan
Ian MorganManchester - UK

Riding Scv100 since 2007

A terrific scooter. Starts first time every time. Have done over 40,000 miles on it and has never let me down. Top speed 55 mph with fuel consumption about 90 mpg ( used to be over 100 mpg think my tappets need a adjustment)
Brakes are basic drum but they work. Suspension is the reason it doesn't get a 5/5 it is very basic . Love this scooter it handles like a dream and beats all tariff .
Long journeys it will do 45 mph all day though a bid hard on the butt after 50 miles...... Take care and don't ride on snow or ice if you want to keep in one piece.

chrisbrisbane

Poor scooter

i would star clear from this scooter as it lacks power,grunt,and with only a couple of hp in motor,as the saying goes you get what you pay for!!

November 10th 2014 Update:
my unkle phils scooter has got to be the worst scooter i have dealt with,issue after issue,carbys is now seized the speedo is untrue by 7 kph,the suspension is basic,the tyres are small and basic,the whole scooter is overpriced despite of it being built to a basic price,the whole scoot is basic and has the power of the honda nvs today 50 and lacks power in every aspect of the words,my uncle is stuck with a 100cc honda 2 wheel lemon .

chris

i would never touch this scooter......junk.....my old uncle Phil made this big 100cc mistake !!! now his stuck with this junk scooter !!!

AGRO!
AGRO!Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Great little machine

This little scooter is great for around town. I purchased my scooter 3 years ago 2007 model with low ks and its been fantastic.
I own 2 motorcycle as well but I use the Honda lead as my commuter for work every day rain hail or shine and have never had an issue.
Its cheap and affordable to own the tyres only cost $50 each compared to full on motorcycle tyres that's a bargin.
What I like most about this scooter is just how basic it is with very low maintenances work needed and oil changes are easy as.
Cheap and reliable to own.
none

Reliable value and smartness

I ourchased a used Lead about 4 months ago after the dealer recommended it for my need for an automatic, low speed "workhorse" scooter for letterbox deliveries and short distance commuting. It is excellent for this kind of work, and even with heaps of very slow stop/start driving it gives me a bit better than 20kms per litre.
It cruises happily at 60k.p.h. with my 72 kilo weight and 10-20 kilo of luggage, and accelerates magnificently.
Reliability, load carrying capacity (I attached saddlebags) fuel consumption, quietness
Difficulty activating indicator switch when wearing riding gloves, mirror arms could be longer

CP1982
CP1982kingsford

Small great scooter

Great Little Scooter

Owned a Honda Lead 100 for 4 years and done 10,750kms. Do all my own service. Very easy. Replaced tyres with Pirelli. Really easy to take off the wheels. Had two accidents and replaced all he panels myself. Great Scooter. No problems. Great for getting around town and park it anywhere. If you want to go fast buy a Harley.
Grat Design. Reliable. Economical. Easy to work on.
Won't go past 80kmph. Buy a Harley to go faster like me.

Mandaaaaaaz

No, if you want to go fast buy a jap bike. Harleys are for cruising & don't go fast or brake well :)

Mandaaaaaaz

But thanks for the heads up on the Lead 100 :)

ill bye it my names liam blurton add me on facebook

Good

Good value for money. Very cheap to run. Ideal for commuting short distances to work. Small tyres give a bumpy ride.
Cheap, econonical and easy to ride
Ride can be bumpy, can do 80km on flat but slows down quickly when going up hill.
Helmet compartment to small for full helmet. Brakes could be improved.