Honda Odyssey

Honda Odyssey

RC1, R6/RA8, RB1 and RB3

See the Best People Movers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jesse L.

Jesse L.South East Queensland, QLD

Perfect people mover wagon

Purchased in July 2019 at Carsales.com.au for $7,500.00.

BoughtUsed
Year2007

Matty C.

Matty C.South East Queensland, QLD

Japanese luxury and reliability

Have owned this car just on 10 years now and just hit 330000, had 69000 when I bought it and it hasn't missed a beat, I'm a cleaner and travel all around Brisbane every week, this car works hard, apart from regular servicing brake pads and tyres nothing has ever gone wrong, and I just love the creamy leather interior and wood grain, if I was ever to replace this car it would be with another Odyssey, you really can't beat Japanese reliability.

Purchased in October 2009 at Honda Dealers for $32,990.00.

BoughtUsed
Year2005

molek pine

molek pinePerth, WA

Rattling Noise from exhaust

Purchased in December 2013 for $39,800.00.

BoughtNew
Year2013
Sezz

SezzSydney, NSW

Perfect family car

Absolutely the best family car (with young kids) for many reasons. I have 2 car seats for my kids and i love that i can slightly recline the seats for when they fall asleep so their head isn't resting on their knees. The far back seat folds completely back which is so handy to change kids' nappies. The standard model comes with all the extras like sunroof, leather seats, folding side mirrors, window shades and more. The only negative is that the boot isnt automatic and its quite large so it's always a bit of an effort to close it, but even with that minor discomfort i still give it 5 stars. I bought this car brand new in 2015 and have had no issues with it

Purchased in June 2015.

BoughtNew
Year2015

DizzletreeMurwillumbah

Great package, highly reliable.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Pen67

Pen67Melbourne

Very disappointing electronics/console

I accidentally left my key and fob in the garage, used push button start and drove to my destination 20 minutes from home with no audio or digital alert from the car. Had to taxi home to get the key! Also the Bluetooth is dysfunctional and the maps is not user friendly. Thermometer is often several degrees incorrect. All are consistent with the manufacturers specs so if you’re after a car with great console features go for a different brand! Otherwise a nice car to drive.

Engine Size3.0
Date PurchasedNov 2017

good car but a couple of problems

So we travel a lot and this car is sooooo reliable. Only two things have become a problem. Firstly the fake leather is rubbish and falls apart on the luxury model i own. Secondly the rear suspension has become so soft that each set of tyres has worn the inside tread out from bottoming out inside the wheel well. Admittedly we have put some heavy loads in the car for long distance travel ie a car fridge, luggage but only two or three people.

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Swans

SwansMelboure

Problems I have faced with my Honda odyssey - and my frustrations with the level of customer service

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Alex

AlexNSW, 2122

Average

Date PurchasedSep 2007
Stoney

StoneyBrisbane

Great car for work and family

We purchased this car to use for both family and work. With the rear seats folding flat in the back, it gives a very large space to use for transporting work materials. It also works with a mattress so our two small kids sleep there when travelling.
The automatic door is wonderful, making school drop off and pick up super easy from the kiss and ride zone.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

cezii

ceziiMelbourne

Great family car!

I had purchased this car to accommodate my growing family and have been very pleased with the overall performance. I have the 7 seater model which is able to fit 3x 0-4yo car seats with great accessibility - this was one of my top requirements when short-listing the vehicles. It is not expensive to maintain and parking is super easy with the 360deg-view cameras. Only downside is there is no automatic door open function to the rear door otherwise great car! Highly recommend to those who want space with a touch of luxury.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Fent

FentPerth

Perfect car for my family (with 2 young kids)

Mine is the VTI-L model. I love this car so much as it has the sliding doors and the bird eye camera for easy parking. I do not have to worry about my kids opening the door and damaging other people's car. Very fuel efficient although it does not have much power. It is very spacey inside and you can fold down the very back seat for more boot space

Date PurchasedAug 2016

aaadri

aaadriAU

Car is ok. Had power window issues since day 1

Car is ok. However I had power window issue since day 1. Honda acknowledge the issue however it took them 2 years to apply a workaround to the issue and countless number of time I had to bring the car back to Scotts Honda. In the end I had to settle for no car tint. Would I buy again from Scotts Honda. Definitely NO!

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Jay

Jay

Interior fabric not durable!!

My Honda odyssey, 7 seater model is lovely to drive. However the interior design could have been better. All the seats covers are worn out like never before, I have tried to find a stitcher to repair them but after awhile everything came back to the earlier state. I'm trying to sell it now and can't wait to get rid off it

Date PurchasedFeb 2013

Elissa

ElissaBrisbane

Reliable family car

I have 5 children and this car is a great car. Amazing on fuel as we drive from brisbane to mackay and it cost about $120 for a 10 hour drive one way. The seats r comfy and its smooth to drive i think the only issue i have is the boot is to small.

BadgeIdk

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Sherry

SherrySouth Australia

Perfect for families

Bought a volvo initially but sold off to exchange for a honda Odyssey due to the spacious interior. Needed a big 7 seater. Family visited over the winter and managed to fit everyone into one car comfortably. All adult size seats w full legroom. Centre row captain seats are amazingly comfortable. Chassis about low though. Have to show down qt abit when going over hump or dip.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

gabby

gabbySydney

2013 Odyssey = Best for running around town with a load full of "smelly" kids

In 2013 we've traded in our forever problematic VW Tiguan for a Honda Odyssey....what a far cry!!!
Super easy to drive, plenty of space, comfortable, and I didn't need to pay in excesses of $800 for service..... like the Tiguan !!!
What I like the most is the dual air-cond with third row vent + second row controller - in our case that really helps, especially when I'm with 4+ kids in the car after footy.
The engine is more than adequate for city driving, but it will struggle with 7 people + cargo box in your way to Gold Coast......(and make sure U are not in a rush :).... Saying that the car is very comfortable and long trips are easy to manage.

Date PurchasedDec 2013

nicole

nicolesydney

Best option for growing family

Easy to drive with amazing 360degree camera making it so easy to park. The two middle seats are fantastic for long journeys and have the option to fold down flat. It is a really comfortable car that I have driven for some 10+ hour journeys and it just felt like a breeze. The electric sliding doors and keyless entry make it so easy when your trying to get in with little ones. Going from a small car I was really tentative to get something so big, but this car is just so easy I would never look back!

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Andrew R

Andrew Rasked

hi can someone please give infos on how you put roof rack/ rails on your honda odyssey? thanks

IanNZasked

Odyssey RC1

Can someone confirm there is no isofix in the 3rd row/back row? Thanks

Dizzletree

I don't think so. Only in the two outside seats 2nd/middle row. Also be aware the top tether straps from the 2nd/middle row pass over the top of the 3rd row seats. You can easily fit 3 full harness kids seats across the middle row. Also finally, the 3rd row is the least safe in a car crash, it's listed in the handbook as being part of the crumple zone. So I'd consider it for occasional use only.

IanNZ

Hi thanks for the reply. I guess you're referring to the 8 seater version. That's a shame but makes sense given what you mention about the 3rd row being in the crumple zone. Makes the 7 seater option slightly less attractive, as without the 3rd row there are only 4 seats! So most people would be utilizing the 3rd row ( I imagine) with this 7 seater version.
That is strange about the 2nd row anchors. I always thought the anchors were located on the rear of the seat (so no obstruction/intrusion to the 3rd row seats).
Here in NZ the 7 seater is model name is L (or LS from 2018) and is the more expensive version. The 8 seater is the S and has fabric seats.
In Aus I think they are called VTI-L and VTI respectively.

Karen

Karenasked

A dealer told me yesterday that all Honda Odesseys in Australia had timing chains. However, i seem to be getting conflicting advice. Can anyone tell me for certain please. I am looking around at the 2004 to 2008 year models. Thanks heaps.

Choosy Dude
Choosy Dude

Sorry - I only know about my car.

Get an answer from our members and Honda representatives

Honda Odyssey RC1