Hoover Heritage 5210

Hoover Heritage 5210

MPN: H14120050

Terrific all-rounder

This vacuum is so well designed and is beautiful to use - so easy to vacuum tiny spaces like bathrooms and behind couches. Goes easily from timber to tile to carpet, it fits back onto the dock easily. Very well thought out in all aspects. I rarely have to drag out the Dyson barrel anymore - I can whip around with my Hoover Stick in no time and vacuuming is actually now quite enjoyable. Never thought I'd say that!!

Purchased in January 2019 at Godfreys for $89.00.

Noise Level
Battery Life
Product is used: Several times a week
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Excellent Vacuum

This has been really good for me. Good for quick clean around the house and does it job well. Could be a little bit less noisy but still ok. It has a very convenient charger, Just clean and pop it on the charger, It is 2 in 1 so good for hard to reach areas

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Good for 5 or so months.

When i originally purchased this vaccuum, i was very impressed. Had great suction, used on lino, carpet and tiled surfaces. I purchases with the intention of using as an in between vaccuum (a messy toddler calls for it alot and dragging a corded one out was painful) it was great for the first 5 months but slowly started dying out. Its a very well looked after machine, filters cleaned etc. The power head has stopped spinning, the suction is next to nothing, and the on/off button on the handle no longer switches the machine off. Still being in warranty i tried to claim but have had nothing but issues, so cut my losses and gave up. Fills me with alot of regret and wishful thinking that i got the machine i originally wanted. That will teach me for going the cheaper option. If you didnt have an option and needed something for a small place temporarily it would be an O.K option.
One thing i do have to praise it on is battery lasting. It would do a full 3 bedroom home if i was desperate for a quick clean and still run longer if id wanted it to. Mixed opinion i guess, but it did have its good and bad moments.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Worst Vacuum ever used

Worst Vacuum ever! Suction is non existent, wouldn't even give a Hickey. Spits dust back out, and after going over the same piece of floor for a whole minute it still hasn't picked anything up. It has the capacity of my grandfather's bladder, bigger waste of money than when Chelsea paid $50,000,000 for Fernando Torres, in 2011. About as useful as as reading glasses on Stevie Wonder.

Like Mount Druitt after dark, I would recommend to anyone out there to stay clear of this product. Hoover should be put in Jail for fraud.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Most useless vacuum cleaner ever

This is an absolute useless piece of crap. It just doesn't have any suction. After using it for 5 mins I resorted to using a broom to sweep the carpet with much better results. Don't buy this pierce of rubbish. Anybody reviewing this please give a one star rating so they can take this rubbish off the market.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

what a pile of rubbish

Typical Hoover useless, we purchased a heritage 5110 stick vack only 12 months ago the end bearing in the head melted seized then chewed out the end of the brush rotor, So I rang up the parts department and was told that you cant buy a new brush and bearing only the whole head for $50 and it would take 3-4 weeks to get it from Melbourne to Perth. It looks good and works fine for a while so don't waste your money buy a Still instead

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Sofar, pretty good

Got this for a great price on Catch and I had some store credit so it was real bargain. It is the exact solution i needed for our large tiled area. I can do quick tidy up vacs with this and still do the big weekly clean up with the larger machine. Its light and fast and has plenty of power - happy with it

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Don’t waste your money

Worked great for like a week - stops working real quick, have to basically hover the vacuum over what you want
Picked up for it to actually pick anything up - spits stuff back out - paid 150 - for it to be worth the money they should sell it for like 40 dollars aha. Have a tiny unit and still doesn’t do even close to satisfactory.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Brush stopped working twice!

I had the vacuum cleaner for about 3 months when the brush wouldn’t turn anymore. I noticed it because it barely sucked things up. I got it fixed 2 weeks ago and the brush has stopped working again. The part that opens it up so you can get to the brush to look at it is cheap plastic and can’t be opened without damaging it.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Stopped working really quickly

This is not a good vacuum for everyday use. Lost suction rather quickly as a vacuum. The dust buster part of it is still working fine. I don't think they perfected the removable aspect but then again it was a cheap vac. Buy a Hoover corded Vac if you want good suction.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Great For Tiles

We use this for in between cleans on tiles and our floorboards. It doesn't have the power to do the main clean of the week but it shines for crumb and sand clean ups with messy kids on the tiles. The main advantage is that it is a s quick to get out as a broom so it can clean and be back in the cupboards in a flash. Charging is easy and so is emptying dust. Its a good machine but make sure you are realistic about its power.

Brought from godfreys half price sale so only $99

Poor suction and that's most important just cheap and nasty but remember cheap.build quality is ok canister is very small don't bother trying to clean the car either battery power is ok for a quick clean up and its also ok on timber floors.noise level is fine but remember poor suction.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Completely useless

We got this to replace a Hoover Linx. We really liked the Linx, we had two of them and would have bought another if they were still in production. This in comparison is utterly useless. We've had it only a few weeks and it sucks nothing, literally. The power head works intermittently but does nothing anyway. It was recommended by the crooks at Godfreys too. AVOID!!!

Lazy person's dream

I'm onto my 2nd one of these, and I will buy it always. It doesn't take much time to charge, and make sure it is charged fully for ultimate power. If using it for a full house clean, you're better off cleaning it all out once you're done, ready to use the next time around. It has great suction. I just rely on it so much, especially when you don't feel like lugging a huge vac around the house. Purchased both at Godfrey's and are on sale often enough.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Extremely disappointing

This vacuum lacks suction. It doesn't pick up much at all. Doesn't allow you to pick up things close to walls/edges. I have used on floor boards and tiles with very little getting sucked up and alot left behind, don't even get me started on trying on carpet.
Really disappointed in its performance.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Fantastic

Happy with this Hoover,so easy to use,
In fact it is the best hoover i have ever used,
Very light,Very easy to use, hoovering is such a breeze with this item,
Hoovers tile's,wooden floor's and carpets,easy.
And there;s no cord's or those horrible hose's that used to annoy me.
I love it and i recommend it to anyone.

Great vacuum

Just bought this yesterday and are very happy with it, Used for half an hour and was very surprised at the amount of fluff it picked up, very good suction. Not quite as good when I tried to clean the car it picked up the sand and dust very well but not the bigger things such as leaves probably because it has a very small opening at the mouth.. Would highly recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Great vacuum for small areas

This is an awesome, light weight vacuum that has just enough power for small areas however if you are need to vacuum large areas, such as a large lounge or dining area the collector is just not big enough and needs to be emptying once or twice in order to get a good clean. We have a 2 bedroom apartment and it works well for us but anything more and I think you would need a larger one.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Awesome vacuum.

Hoover vacuum is a great vacuum, it is light which makes it easy to vacuum large areas. Service was great from the local stockist they really knew their products.
The battery has really held up only charging after a couple of uses.
It works well on tiles as well as carpet which was a lovely surprise.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Perfect little vacuum

I have had this Hoover heritage 5210 for over two years now. It’s a perfect little vacuum, charges quickly and has a running power of 30 mins. Because of its good suction, it doesn’t take very long to clean all the carpets in the house. It stands upright so does not need a lot of storage space.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Roller has stopped wirking. Solutuion please?
i think if you turn the head upside down you will see the roller is wound around with string or long hair. you can cut it loose with nail scissors and tweezers or you can dismantle the head and remove the blockage then put back together. all vacuum heads need this doing occasionally

My vacuum won't pick anything up. When I use the hand unit, though, it's fine. I've taken off the head and pulled out any hair that might be jamming it up and I've cleaned the filters the best I can (can I use water to clean it?).
There must be something jamming the flow. Can you try inserting something flexible into the pipe and see if it is visible from the other end? It's not the filter since the hand unit works fine.If its still in warranty id take it back. You dont want to go jamming too much in there and voiding any chance of getting it fixed

Have had this vacuum for about a year now - it’s started to flick dirt and what looks like small rocks behind the cleaner, it’s especially worse if I lift the head off the floor. Have had this a few times when putting back on charging station, but has got a lot worse recently? I opened the head up & cleared any debris I could find, but there was very little?
I had the same issues with mine. Eventually it stopped working all together. Unfortunately i just dont think they are built to last. I cleaned filters regularly and took out the rotating brush and regularly cleaned that also but never had any improvement. Eventually the rotating brush stopped completely and i lost nearly all suction. I was asked to take it back in store as id only owned it 6months but i didnt bother as it was over an hour away. Maybe if its still under warranty, call the shop you purchased from.

Heritage 5210