Hoover Heritage 5210

Hoover Heritage 5210

MPN: H14120050

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (2) · No (4)
  • Battery Life

Pen G.Sydney, NSW

This vacuum was the biggest mistake of 2020

The Heritage Vacuum is the child I never had - the suction is so poor that after vacuuming I then walk around my apartment picking up after it.
The opening of the vacuum is too wide so particles that the vacuum has attempted to suck into the mouth of the device fall out. The charging cable is also too short, so if you don't have any low to the floor power points you won't be able to charge it.
I downgraded from a faithful Dyson to save money and went to Hoover- do not make the same mistake I did. We all deserve clean floors, so treat yourself to anything but this vacuum.

Purchased in April 2020 at Godfreys Online Store for $199.00.

Pen G.

HI Hoover team, Thanks for your response, however it still doesn't change the fact that the vacuum doesn't have enough suction to pick up even hair- I'd hardly call it a convenience machine given that minor detail...

T-LeeB

T-LeeBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Efficient

Used on tile and carpet surface, and it is sufficiently effective on both. However we have a cat and long hair in the family, so it is mainly used on tiles.

The roller head is great - fast and suction is good. The dust catcher does fill up quickly, but we live close to the water and our doors are always open and we catch alot of dust etc, so it's not out of the ordinary to empty this little beauty after each use.

This is an old Hoover now and it still works perfectly 5 years later.

Peter338AU

Perfect except for....

Purchased in February 2015 at Vacuum Spares for $149.00.

Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Heritage 5210 compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Tony

TonySydney, NSW

Good price and solid performance but you also get what you pay for....

Got this a couple of years ago and it has been a solid performer but with a few niggles. It is good on my timber and carpet floors but on carpet it can clog up a bit forcing the need to stuff fingers into the piping of the head to remove fluff. Cleaning out and emptying is a bit annoying and fiddly and the filter needs regular brushing out. The batter is not li. This is its biggest problem. I have looked after the battery carefully but it is starting to lose charge now and is not as long lasting or strong as it was. Something with auto off on charging would be better. For my first attempt at a cordless stick i must admit it has done pretty good for a $199 unit. I doubt you would be disappointed provided you accept its limitations.

Purchased in April 2017 at Godfreys for $199.00.

Laurenlola

LaurenlolaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for the price if you clean it out well

Purchased in January 2017 at Godfreys for $99.00.

Jill M

Jill MPeel, WA

Terrific all-rounder

This vacuum is so well designed and is beautiful to use - so easy to vacuum tiny spaces like bathrooms and behind couches. Goes easily from timber to tile to carpet, it fits back onto the dock easily. Very well thought out in all aspects. I rarely have to drag out the Dyson barrel anymore - I can whip around with my Hoover Stick in no time and vacuuming is actually now quite enjoyable. Never thought I'd say that!!

Purchased in January 2019 at Godfreys for $89.00.

EbrahimK

EbrahimKSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Vacuum

This has been really good for me. Good for quick clean around the house and does it job well. Could be a little bit less noisy but still ok. It has a very convenient charger, Just clean and pop it on the charger, It is 2 in 1 so good for hard to reach areas

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Laa90

Laa90Darling Downs, QLD

Good for 5 or so months.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Alex

AlexSydney

Worst Vacuum ever used

Worst Vacuum ever! Suction is non existent, wouldn't even give a Hickey. Spits dust back out, and after going over the same piece of floor for a whole minute it still hasn't picked anything up. It has the capacity of my grandfather's bladder, bigger waste of money than when Chelsea paid $50,000,000 for Fernando Torres, in 2011. About as useful as as reading glasses on Stevie Wonder.

Like Mount Druitt after dark, I would recommend to anyone out there to stay clear of this product. Hoover should be put in Jail for fraud.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Mike

MikeSydney

Most useless vacuum cleaner ever

This is an absolute useless piece of crap. It just doesn't have any suction. After using it for 5 mins I resorted to using a broom to sweep the carpet with much better results. Don't buy this pierce of rubbish. Anybody reviewing this please give a one star rating so they can take this rubbish off the market.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Tony

TonyWheatbelt, WA

what a pile of rubbish

Typical Hoover useless, we purchased a heritage 5110 stick vack only 12 months ago the end bearing in the head melted seized then chewed out the end of the brush rotor, So I rang up the parts department and was told that you cant buy a new brush and bearing only the whole head for $50 and it would take 3-4 weeks to get it from Melbourne to Perth. It looks good and works fine for a while so don't waste your money buy a Still instead

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Gonzo65

Gonzo65Heathmont

Sofar, pretty good

Got this for a great price on Catch and I had some store credit so it was real bargain. It is the exact solution i needed for our large tiled area. I can do quick tidy up vacs with this and still do the big weekly clean up with the larger machine. Its light and fast and has plenty of power - happy with it

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Bee

BeeGeelong

Don’t waste your money

Worked great for like a week - stops working real quick, have to basically hover the vacuum over what you want
Picked up for it to actually pick anything up - spits stuff back out - paid 150 - for it to be worth the money they should sell it for like 40 dollars aha. Have a tiny unit and still doesn’t do even close to satisfactory.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Brush stopped working twice!

I had the vacuum cleaner for about 3 months when the brush wouldn’t turn anymore. I noticed it because it barely sucked things up. I got it fixed 2 weeks ago and the brush has stopped working again. The part that opens it up so you can get to the brush to look at it is cheap plastic and can’t be opened without damaging it.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Matt2018

Matt2018Adelaide

Stopped working really quickly

This is not a good vacuum for everyday use. Lost suction rather quickly as a vacuum. The dust buster part of it is still working fine. I don't think they perfected the removable aspect but then again it was a cheap vac. Buy a Hoover corded Vac if you want good suction.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Team Mike

Team Mikemelbourne

Great For Tiles

We use this for in between cleans on tiles and our floorboards. It doesn't have the power to do the main clean of the week but it shines for crumb and sand clean ups with messy kids on the tiles. The main advantage is that it is a s quick to get out as a broom so it can clean and be back in the cupboards in a flash. Charging is easy and so is emptying dust. Its a good machine but make sure you are realistic about its power.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Brought from godfreys half price sale so only $99

Poor suction and that's most important just cheap and nasty but remember cheap.build quality is ok canister is very small don't bother trying to clean the car either battery power is ok for a quick clean up and its also ok on timber floors.noise level is fine but remember poor suction.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
redrich2000

redrich2000Sydney, NSW

Completely useless

We got this to replace a Hoover Linx. We really liked the Linx, we had two of them and would have bought another if they were still in production. This in comparison is utterly useless. We've had it only a few weeks and it sucks nothing, literally. The power head works intermittently but does nothing anyway. It was recommended by the crooks at Godfreys too. AVOID!!!

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Jessica Micallef

Jessica MicallefCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Lazy person's dream

I'm onto my 2nd one of these, and I will buy it always. It doesn't take much time to charge, and make sure it is charged fully for ultimate power. If using it for a full house clean, you're better off cleaning it all out once you're done, ready to use the next time around. It has great suction. I just rely on it so much, especially when you don't feel like lugging a huge vac around the house. Purchased both at Godfrey's and are on sale often enough.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Extremely disappointing

This vacuum lacks suction. It doesn't pick up much at all. Doesn't allow you to pick up things close to walls/edges. I have used on floor boards and tiles with very little getting sucked up and alot left behind, don't even get me started on trying on carpet.
Really disappointed in its performance.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Greg H.

Greg H.asked

Battery replacement: Ours has been great. Had for a few years now. After being on charge for long period, it only works for a few minutes and cuts out. Presume its the battery's use by date has expired.

Peter338

Being a long-time owner of the excellent 5210, I cant really comment on the battery other than suggest to let the battery go really really flat, then charge it and see what happens.

I was also going to suggest that you got your money's worth (you get what you pay for) and buy a new one for $90 from Godfreys, only to find out theyre now selling at $199! Or $188 plus $9 delivery on ebay!

Decisions decisions decisions is all I can say.

Hi Greg,
Unfortunately replacement batteries for this machine are not sold separately, the come as part of the handvac assembly.
The handvac assembly is available for $99.95 through your nearest Godfreys store or over the phone with us by calling 1300 360 845.
Regards,
The Hoover Team

donnaasked

My Brush roller stops spinning after 10-15 seconds of vacuuming even if I’m not moving it, I have cleaned everything taken the roller out put it back in bought a new filter it keeps stopping and the green light goes out ????

Peter338

Does the dustbuster by itself work?

Yes it does

Peter338

Did you see my review "Perfect except for..." where I described about cleaning the gunk at bottom of vac where there a big red button?

Bill Youngasked

Can i replace the brush roller in my 5210 as i have had it over 2 years and the brushes are well worn

Hi Bill,
Replacement parts for this machine can be ordered through your nearest Godfreys store or over the phone by calling 1300 360 845.
Regards,
The Hoover Team

Peter338

Hi Bill, Godfreys beat me to it. You must be doin a lot of hooverin for roller to wear out in only 2 years. Ironically, given the situation we now have, you should keep at it. Cheers.

Bill Young

Hey Peter338, for your info we have a 2 story house with 4 bedrooms 2 bathrooms so we do a lot of hovering. That was not the question i was asking as we do not like an answer like you wrote.
Bill

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives

CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners