Hoover Heritage 5210

Hoover Heritage 5210

MPN: H14120050
Listing monitored by Hoover

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (2) · No (4)
  • Battery Life

BAD VACUUM. BAD SUCTION. NO POWER

It doesn’t vacuum the floor properly. I need to vacuum a few times before it starts working. I need to keep recharging it too. It’s pretty much the worse vacuum I’ve ever had. I can’t believe my friend bought it for me as this is so unreliable. I will never so Hoover, so should you!!!! I’m happy to provide more details!!!

Purchased for $250.00.

Pen G.Sydney, NSW

This vacuum was the biggest mistake of 2020

The Heritage Vacuum is the child I never had - the suction is so poor that after vacuuming I then walk around my apartment picking up after it.
The opening of the vacuum is too wide so particles that the vacuum has attempted to suck into the mouth of the device fall out. The charging cable is also too short, so if you don't have any low to the floor power points you won't be able to charge it.
I downgraded from a faithful Dyson to save money and went to Hoover- do not make the same mistake I did. We all deserve clean floors, so treat yourself to anything but this vacuum.

Purchased in April 2020 at Godfreys Online Store for $199.00.

Pen G.

HI Hoover team, Thanks for your response, however it still doesn't change the fact that the vacuum doesn't have enough suction to pick up even hair- I'd hardly call it a convenience machine given that minor detail...

T-LeeB
T-LeeBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Efficient

Used on tile and carpet surface, and it is sufficiently effective on both. However we have a cat and long hair in the family, so it is mainly used on tiles.

The roller head is great - fast and suction is good. The dust catcher does fill up quickly, but we live close to the water and our doors are always open and we catch alot of dust etc, so it's not out of the ordinary to empty this little beauty after each use.

This is an old Hoover now and it still works perfectly 5 years later.

Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Heritage 5210 compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Peter338AU

Perfect except for....

Purchased in February 2015 at Vacuum Spares for $149.00.

Tony
TonySydney, NSW

Good price and solid performance but you also get what you pay for....

Got this a couple of years ago and it has been a solid performer but with a few niggles. It is good on my timber and carpet floors but on carpet it can clog up a bit forcing the need to stuff fingers into the piping of the head to remove fluff. Cleaning out and emptying is a bit annoying and fiddly and the filter needs regular brushing out. The batter is not li. This is its biggest problem. I have looked after the battery carefully but it is starting to lose charge now and is not as long lasting or strong as it was. Something with auto off on charging would be better. For my first attempt at a cordless stick i must admit it has done pretty good for a $199 unit. I doubt you would be disappointed provided you accept its limitations.

Purchased in April 2017 at Godfreys for $199.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Laurenlola
LaurenlolaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for the price if you clean it out well

Purchased in January 2017 at Godfreys for $99.00.

Jill M
Jill MPeel, WA

Terrific all-rounder

This vacuum is so well designed and is beautiful to use - so easy to vacuum tiny spaces like bathrooms and behind couches. Goes easily from timber to tile to carpet, it fits back onto the dock easily. Very well thought out in all aspects. I rarely have to drag out the Dyson barrel anymore - I can whip around with my Hoover Stick in no time and vacuuming is actually now quite enjoyable. Never thought I'd say that!!

Purchased in January 2019 at Godfreys for $89.00.

EbrahimK
EbrahimKSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Vacuum

This has been really good for me. Good for quick clean around the house and does it job well. Could be a little bit less noisy but still ok. It has a very convenient charger, Just clean and pop it on the charger, It is 2 in 1 so good for hard to reach areas

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Laa90
Laa90Darling Downs, QLD

Good for 5 or so months.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Alex
AlexSydney

Worst Vacuum ever used

Worst Vacuum ever! Suction is non existent, wouldn't even give a Hickey. Spits dust back out, and after going over the same piece of floor for a whole minute it still hasn't picked anything up. It has the capacity of my grandfather's bladder, bigger waste of money than when Chelsea paid $50,000,000 for Fernando Torres, in 2011. About as useful as as reading glasses on Stevie Wonder.

Like Mount Druitt after dark, I would recommend to anyone out there to stay clear of this product. Hoover should be put in Jail for fraud.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Mike
MikeSydney

Most useless vacuum cleaner ever

This is an absolute useless piece of crap. It just doesn't have any suction. After using it for 5 mins I resorted to using a broom to sweep the carpet with much better results. Don't buy this pierce of rubbish. Anybody reviewing this please give a one star rating so they can take this rubbish off the market.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Tony
TonyWheatbelt, WA

what a pile of rubbish

Typical Hoover useless, we purchased a heritage 5110 stick vack only 12 months ago the end bearing in the head melted seized then chewed out the end of the brush rotor, So I rang up the parts department and was told that you cant buy a new brush and bearing only the whole head for $50 and it would take 3-4 weeks to get it from Melbourne to Perth. It looks good and works fine for a while so don't waste your money buy a Still instead

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Gonzo65
Gonzo65Heathmont

Sofar, pretty good

Got this for a great price on Catch and I had some store credit so it was real bargain. It is the exact solution i needed for our large tiled area. I can do quick tidy up vacs with this and still do the big weekly clean up with the larger machine. Its light and fast and has plenty of power - happy with it

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Bee
BeeGeelong

Don’t waste your money

Worked great for like a week - stops working real quick, have to basically hover the vacuum over what you want
Picked up for it to actually pick anything up - spits stuff back out - paid 150 - for it to be worth the money they should sell it for like 40 dollars aha. Have a tiny unit and still doesn’t do even close to satisfactory.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Brush stopped working twice!

I had the vacuum cleaner for about 3 months when the brush wouldn’t turn anymore. I noticed it because it barely sucked things up. I got it fixed 2 weeks ago and the brush has stopped working again. The part that opens it up so you can get to the brush to look at it is cheap plastic and can’t be opened without damaging it.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Read more reviews - page 2

Nala Nasked

can the filter in the canister be washed. Just purchased a new filter for my Heritage. Old was cardboard fibre, this seems plastic.

Hi Nala,
We do not recommend to wash the filter only dust off/tap out.
It is recommended to replace the filter every 6-9 months depending on use.

Nala N

thank you for your prompt reply. Can you tell me the material used in the filter? plastic paper?

Hi Nala,
The filter for this machine is a HEPA filter, the inner part is made up of borosilicate fibers and the outer edge is plastic.

Greg H.
Greg H.asked

Battery replacement: Ours has been great. Had for a few years now. After being on charge for long period, it only works for a few minutes and cuts out. Presume its the battery's use by date has expired.

Peter338

Being a long-time owner of the excellent 5210, I cant really comment on the battery other than suggest to let the battery go really really flat, then charge it and see what happens.

I was also going to suggest that you got your money's worth (you get what you pay for) and buy a new one for $90 from Godfreys, only to find out theyre now selling at $199! Or $188 plus $9 delivery on ebay!

Decisions decisions decisions is all I can say.

Hi Greg,
Unfortunately replacement batteries for this machine are not sold separately, the come as part of the handvac assembly.
The handvac assembly is available for $99.95 through your nearest Godfreys store or over the phone with us by calling 1300 360 845.

donnaasked

My Brush roller stops spinning after 10-15 seconds of vacuuming even if I’m not moving it, I have cleaned everything taken the roller out put it back in bought a new filter it keeps stopping and the green light goes out ????

Peter338

Does the dustbuster by itself work?

Yes it does

Peter338

Did you see my review "Perfect except for..." where I described about cleaning the gunk at bottom of vac where there a big red button?

See all Hoover Heritage 5210 questions

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives

CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners