Hoover Ultra Light

Hoover Ultra Light

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

3.2

WarrenSydney, NSW

Cracked and broken where the rod joins the dust collector unit.

We have had our Ultra Light since October 2019 and it has been good. But, last week when I went to move it the plastic just cracked and broke off where the rod connects to the dust collector unit. I took it to Godfreys today and suggested it has a weakness in that area as I am not a harsh user. It has been submitted for repair but the service person did not think it would be covered by warranty!! It would be expensive to replace the dust collector unit and suggested purchasing a new machine!

Purchased in October 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$179.00.

Product is used Weekly
Warren

Great, thanks. Do you need the repair number to ensure that is what Godfrey's do?

Hi Warren,
Godfreys are our certified repair agents and will follow our pricing and warranty conditions.

Shelley R.

Shelley R.South West, WA

Great for hard floors

We have had this vac for approx 4 months and are so far happy with it. I only use it on hard wood floors to clean up after 2 small children and a dog. I like how it can get under the table and between the chairs easily due to the small head. The light on the front is great for seeing the dirt.

Purchased in February 2020 at Godfreys.

Peter J.

Peter J.

good performer

Purchased in December 2018 at Godfreys for A$159.00.

doodaa

doodaaWestern Australia

Gets used every day.

Love this little ultra light. Have a golden retriever who is an inside dog so it gets used everyday on dog hair and dirt. Not great on our mat but excellent on tiles.

Purchased at Hoover.

Another battery problem

Have had this vac for less than a couple of years in a holiday unit so hardly gets used, but it now won’t work at all. I assume it’s the battery and would normally just buy another battery to try it. However, given that the batteries are half the price of the whole machine, this seems impractical, especially when there’s no reason to think that another battery would last any longer. I regret having bought this vacuum.

Michelle

MichelleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I enjoy Vacuuming again!

I can't believe how many years I suffered with cheap nasty vacuum cleaners that would die after 6 to 12 months. Finally I have found the best ever, the fact it is cordless makes it so easy to start my cleaning, no plugging in, works great, takes a while to recharge but I will never go back to old style. Can be used on carpet and floor and easy to clean and empty. 10 out of 10, thanks Hoover.

Purchased in October 2019 at Godfreys for A$199.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Godfrey G.Hoover

Not to be used on any surface ever

So if you use it on shagpile it snaps and if it snaps they won't give you a refund or a replacement. So it's less of a functioning vacuum cleaner and more of a free account debit. Thanks Hoover!

Purchased in March 2020 at Godfreys for A$200.00.

Josh P.
Josh P.

Online4yourmindGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Was ok when its working...

Purchased in January 2016 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$129.00.

Philippa M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wish we bought a Dyson.

Purchased in November 2018 at Godfreys.

Mary H

Mary HHunter Region, NSW

Dust Bin Release button cracked

We have had this stick vacuum for a few months and think it's pretty good. Unfortunately the Dust Bin release button has cracked and the bin won't stay in place. I am hoping this can be repaired as a part that is used each time the vacuum is used should not break in such a short time.

Purchased at Godfreys.

TonyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not the best on offer!

Purchased March 2019, was fine for almost 6 months, but then seemed to be constantly blocked at the top of the stick with subsequent loss of power and would not pick up. When it was turned off, dirt etc would fall back down the stick on to the floor! If you have the time to regularly clean out the dirt canister and recharge often then maybe 6/10.

Purchased in March 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$199.00.

Tony

Thanks for your quick response. I hadn't thought of doing this, but will do so.

Battery failed 18 months after I bought from Godfreys

Battery doesn't last long and now doesn't work. Took back to store and was told that I need a new battery. Price of battery is nearly the price of a new vacuum cleaner. Not happy with how the staff treated me and will not buy from Godfreys again.

Purchased in March 2017 at Godfreys for A$99.00.

Product is used Monthly
Meg

MegGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Handy vacuum cleaner

We have a bulky vacuum cleaner which is hard to take out when kids make a mess so bought this vacuum cleaner to clean up small areas. It is ultra light weight and perfect for cleaning on carpets but battery doesn't stay long enough to clean entire house .

Purchased in January 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$125.00.

gmcleod

gmcleod

Fine until you need a new battery.

Cheap, light and works very well on our tiled floors. We use it as an interim vac between using the ducted system. The problem occurs when the battery packs up after 2 years and the cost of a new one is the same as a whole new unit. What a scam. In modern times of trying to look after the planet we produce products like this.

Purchased in February 2017 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$150.00.

J R.

J R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

GREAT power and battery life

I have bought two of these now, love it in nearly every way, battery lasts, good suction on floorboards, carpets and tiles... however it gets easily jammed or blocked, which then causes it to spit out the things it's just sucked up... so frustrating.
unless you have hair and fine dust only in your home, I'd say avoid this one and save your self from constant pulling apart sessions.

Purchased in October 2018 at Godfreys for A$150.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Dr I.U

Dr I.UGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not happy

It was ok for a few weeks. However not long after purchasing it broke. Also lost a lot of suction power prior to breaking. I dont think I would ever by a cordless battery operated vacuum again. Regardless of brand. I just dont trust they have the strength to give a thorough clean the way a corded vacuum does. Or perhaps my negative experience with the Hoover has turned me off.

Purchased in December 2018 at Godfreys for A$129.00.

Gitte

GitteSydney

Save your money - no wonder it's on sale

Pro - cheap, light weight and easy to clean.
Cons - waste of money, poor suction even on tiles. Constantly cuts out, lights flash but no explanation on how to resolve all flashing light issues in manual, doesn't hold charge. Returned 3 times and still told no fault detected, the machine
is new and barely been used. Even a test by your Godfrey staff by swapping out the battery with your store demo proves its a battery issue as my vac worked fine, then didn't dies when my old battery was put back in. Yet still I'm told no fault detected.

Purchased in July 2019 for A$150.00.

Product is used Weekly
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

useless for living in the Mallee

I bought this product 17 months ago and should have returned it before warranty was up! It hardly has any suction to it now and what I vacuum is constantly is getting stuck either at the bottom or at the entrance to the filter. It is useless for living out in the vineyard blocks because of the constant dust that comes in. It needs constant cleaning out and the parts are hard to take off to empty the filter. Might be OK in city apartment, but definitely not in the bush! And I paid $299! Total waste of money!

Purchased in May 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$299.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Thodoris K.

Thodoris K.Sydney, NSW

Save your money for better vacuum cleaner

Has no power at all easy to use but better save your money for something else. We have a carpet and do it a terrible job with it very disappointed with my choice

Purchased in November 2018 at Godfreys.

Gustavf E.

Gustavf E.Sydney, NSW

Terrible product

I bought this vacume from Godfreys about 18 months ago, I've had major problems with it , it was fixed under warranty however now the battery is dead, I hardly use it & Gofreys tell me it's out of warranty. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone

Purchased in April 2018 at Godreys Dee Why for A$299.00.