Hoover Ultra Light

Hoover Ultra Light

Great but has problem

If motor cuts out every 5 secs there is a build-up of hair/fluff not only visible on brush but behind the brush driver, so remove the circlip (be careful as the curclip is tiny) and pull out the driver to remove any hair/fluff. We are lucky that my daughter had this problem with hers and we were able to swap parts with mine to solve the problem. If all else fails just buy a new head for $50. We thought it must be a problem with motor or battery, but it was the head causing it. Otherwise a good little stick vacuum.

Purchased for $150.00.

Noise Level
Battery Life
Product is used: Several times a week
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Very handy, but

We purchased our Hoover Ultra Light just under 2 years ago, it has been a brilliant little vacuum in that time on both floating floor and carpet, just as good as a dyson in my opinion, unfortunately the battery rubs out much quicker than it did and takes much longer to recharge, I have no idea where to get a new battery and Godfrey's don't sell them, ant ideas as too where to get one would be great, thanks in advance, Hoover you need to sort this problem quickly as it's not a good thing to have customers throwing batteries in the rubbish.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Does not last past 2 years!

Cleans well as a vacuum should. Drum fills up too quickly.
Battery will not charge anymore after only 2 years light use.
Hoover and Godfrey’s suggest buying a whole new one for $129 as replacing the lithium battery costs $109.
Absolutely outrageous in this age of environmenatal awareness!
We are expected to throw away a product after 2 years use!?!?
Don’t buy this product you don’t want to just bin it in 2 years!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Totally love it , does the whole house and easy to handle

Cleans good on carpet and floorboards , its so convenient than using a normal vacuum highly recommend, no regrets at all and very light to use its not heavy at all and charges very quick . If your looking for that easy clean and pick up i reccommend this definitely

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Love this portable vacuum

Absolitely love this portable yet powerful vacuum. Bagless and easy to empty. Does a really good job. Easy to use in the car. My car was messy after moving plants and old boxes and this vacuum did an awesome job.
Battery life could be longer but does the trick.
Overall very happy. Love not having to plus a cord in, just keep it charged.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Don't Waste Your Money

I purchased this vacuum on 1/11/2016 from Godfreys.It stopped working this week and the battery will no longer recharge..To replace the battery costs $108 .You can buy the whole vacuum cleaner on sale now for $125.Seems like a shocking waste when these days land fill is such a major environmental problem and Hoover is not nelping the cause by creating built in obsolescence in their product..

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Terrible. Don't bother

Similar to other reviews, battery is a real problem. First one replaced after two weeks but had to be sent away to Hoover.... took 6 weeks. Godfreys didn't want to know and wouldn't give me a refund. Replacement is no better. Pay the bit extra and go Dyson every time. As for Godfreys, depends which franchise you get. Head office are easy to deal with, but most franchise owners work on such fine margins, they take no responsibility to help in the event of a problem. Personally I would give Godfreys a wide berth next time.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Save your money!

I bought the ultra light to vacuum beds, sofas and the like. It’s just over 12 months old and it wont hold a charge. I’ve notived that the price has dropped remarkably but it isnt good value. The caoacity of the stick was okay for matresses and sofas but it didnt feel like it would cope well with rugs. Very disappointed in the quality.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Find another vacuum

The first time I bought it I recommend this vacuum to my friends..
i bought it for the quick clean ups when my kids spill their food and so on.. it was alright when it’s working, it’s fairly light, the suction is not that great but it does the job..
This vacuum has a mind of its own, it works when it wants to, the battery is bad, after only a year of using it stopped working.. find another vacuum..

Date PurchasedJan 2017

4.5 stars

I've used our Hoova Ultra Light on old carpet, new carpet lino and concrete and am quite happy with it. It has pretty good suction and it is just so handy being cordless - I couldn't ever go back to a corded vacumn cleaner. The charge lasts me quite a while, I would say up to 30 minutes and then it charges fairly quickly as well. Easy to pull apart and clean.
Only thing I wish it did was swivel a bit to get around corners etc. but other than that quite happy!
Would recommend this product.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Breaks down after a year

I would not recommend this product, nor recommend purchasing from Godfreys.

Read the other reviews, after a few months of minimal use the machine cuts out after a few seconds. It seems to be a common problem.

I have battled for it to get fixed, but the service team just says it can't find a problem and then after a few months of trying to get it fixed they say it is now out of warranty.

When it was working, the power is noticeably less than a comparably priced Dyson. Like other cordless vacuums, getting the dustbin out is messy.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Convenient to use

Had short run time problem after only one week. Used 3 times. Eventually tracked to faulty charger. No further problems 7 months later. Rotary brush flicks hard material out the back of the head, needs to be gone over a couple of times to pick up. Convenient to use. Used daily on hard floor and carpet. After initial problem and 3 trips to service agent, (Godfrey's), all now OK and quite pleased with it.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Fantastic value for money

We’ve had this vacuum for over a year and half. It is fantastic for being able to quickly whip around the house. Don’t have to fuss with cords and it’s nice and light so I can hold it in one hand and a toddler on my hip with the other hand. It’s almost as good as a Dyson, but half the price.

We did have an issue with the battery one year and six weeks after we bought it. The warranty had expired, but they fixed it under warranty anyway. Six months later and we haven’t had any further issues.

I would buy this vacuum again in a heartbeat.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

terrible vacuum....never a pleasure to use

After i bought it it worked for about 6 months of infrequent use. It was average to use when it was in working condition. Although the machine pretty much looks brand new it keeps cutting out after 20s use. Things easily get caught up in the tube. i will never buy a hoover again!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Weak suction

Not happy with the suction. Need to run repeatedly to remove surface fluff.
Not as light as I wished for to clean high places
Battery capacity too small, only enough to vacuum two rooms each time.
Not easy to detach and change the heads.
Relatively loud for its size
I would not recommend it

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Short Working Life!

I purchased this Hoover handstick in Nov 2016. It worked once then did not work the next time. I contacted Godfreys and they sent out a replacement, no problems. The replacement has worked for about 16 months. I looked after it, cleaned it regularly, etc. Now it just keeps cutting out. It will work for about 20 secs, then cut out, and each time I restart it, it works for less time until it only lasts for 5 secs! I rang Hoover and Godfreys (2 calls) and they are recommending a service for $75, and/or it most likely will need a new battery for $110! I just cannot spend another $110 (let alone $185) on a product that may only last another year! It is ridiculous. It is so frustrating as when it was working, it was the best vac I have ever had, and with a bad back, it was the most suitable for me to use.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Can’t live without it.

Great vacuum. It’s up there with the Dyson. Great suction and long battery life. I can do the whole house on 1 charge no problem. Also the battery is separate from the unit so you can replace the battery without having to buy a whole new vacuum. I will be buying Hoover next time too.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Worked fine for 1 year, does not suck after 1 year

The vacuum cleaner is light, easy to manouver, not too loud. My house is about 110m2 and very often the battery does not last as long. I have tiles in kitchen, floorboards in dining room and carpet in 3 bedrooms. Has stopped suction after 1 year, does not even clean the tiles or floorboards.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Faulty, faulty Faulty!!

I purchased this Hoover Ultra Light Stick Vacuum from Godfreys December 2016. It worked for 4 months then the head roller stopped working and the machine couldn't be used. Godfreys were very accommodating and took it to fix it. They said that the filter wasn't clean and it should work. It has been great until now, May 2018 - I'm ready to throw it in the bin. I've cleaned it out (regularly) and now it only works for 5 secs and cuts out., 5 secs cuts out, 5 secs cuts out. It is so FRUSTRATING. Don't buy this product. It is on sale for a purpose- CHEAP. CHEAP, CHEAP!!! I don't know if I should take it back to Godfreys or complain to HOOVER.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

What a little ripper

This machine is fantastic holds charge light to use low noise very easy to clean it has a lithium battery built in the filters can be removed and washed with hot water ,also it has great suction it's a great product just as good as the dearer ones this one retailed at 149.00 but I got mine on sale but there around three hundred but worth every penny love mine

Date PurchasedJan 2016

where can I get a new battery for mine please it just won't recharge anymore ? surely Godfrey's must know ? I purchased mine from them last year surely somebody must be selling them,otherwise what's the point of producing them ! Come on Hoover do something about this now for your customers or is this going to be another useless item made in China,I hope you can prove to me to be wrong. I am waiting in anticipation.
It says on the back of the user manual to call Hoover Customer Care with any product queries. Australia 1300 360 845Will try Hoover customer care then watch this space !

Where can I get a new battery? The battery has died just 2 months outside of warranty.
I have not started looking but Godfreys is offering these services so try to contact them. if I start I will probably start looking on ebay first.I believe that you cannot get a replacement battery.Thanks very much. I have tried but it appears that the battery is not available even from Godfrey's where I purchased the item

Ultra Light