Hoover Vortex Pro Stickvac 5231

Hoover Vortex Pro Stickvac 5231

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (27) · No (23)
  • Battery Life

Msub
Msub

No good. Run time is useless. Battery has failed just out of warranty.

Have had constant issues with this vacuum cleaner. Just out of warranty and the battery has failed. Godfrey refuses to replace it. Have been buying vacuums from Godfreys for a long time. Aftersales at Godfreys is horrible.

Purchased in March 2019 at Godfreys for $499.00.

StuartMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A bit better than the no name brands.

Purchased in April 2021 for $599.00.

Don't buy this

Broke my own golden rule and bought this on impulse without doing the research. I agree with every negative comment in these pages. Vacuum worked fine for about 2wks the run time started falling away now only runs for about 2.5 minutes at a time but switches to low power after about 30seconds. Most expensive piece of junk I have ever bought not even heavy enough to use as an anchor.

Purchased in September 2020 for $599.00.

Ian T.

Godfreys do not have a store in the NT where we now live. What is the alternative solution?

Hi Ian,
Please contact the Godfreys customer service team on 1800 815 270, or at customerservice@godfreys.com.au, and they will be happy to assist with organising for this to get to their service centre in SA for you.

Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Vortex Pro Stickvac 5231 compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Daniel A.
Daniel A.Sydney, NSW

Not the best quality and not fit for purpose

Purchased in June 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $580.00.

Worst vacuum ever!!

It constantly gets jammed and you have to pull it all apart. You can’t empty the container without it falling all over the floor and it doesn’t get up close to the walls like previous cordless vacuum I’ve had. Not impressed at all, and although sold to me that it would be great for pet hair, it’s not. It is also extremely loud. Don’t waste your money.

Purchased in September 2020 for $549.00.

Great shopper

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Maria7
Maria7South East Queensland, QLD

Don't waste your money

Purchased this from Godfreys approx 18months ago after salesman convinced us it was a great product. Worked great the 1st 6 months. 2nd 6 months had to recharge regularly to vacuum my 3 bed house. Last 6 months lucky to vacuum 1 bedroom before running out of charge. And that is not using high power as it just won't work on high. We have done all the things suggested onsite re cleaning and checking. Do not buy this product @$549 after we gave them our excellent Shark that had worked for years, should have just replaced it at a different business.

Purchased in April 2019 for $549.00.

kebal m.
kebal m.Sydney, NSW

worst $699 expense of my life

Worked ok for a year then suddenly won't turn on. I cleaned it after every use and all of the filters and dust holders are very clean.
The light turns green which indicates that there is no battery issue. I am yet to contact the seller but i really do not think they will help.
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores for $694.00.

Bruce
BruceSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible value for money.

Cheap Chinese scam. Far better to spend your money on a Pullman machine. Blocks up in no time, battery life is very limited. My old mother got ripped off. We wanted to use it to vacuum the car with the soft brush but it has to fit the long stick.

Purchased in January 2021 for $499.00.

Brian S.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible product! Do not buy - waste of money!

We have a small house with minimal carpet areas, and the Godfreys salesman convinced us that this was the unit for us. Paid $499 for a product that continually clogs at each use, requiring me to open up the yellow nylon screws underneath to get to the flexible hose, dismantle the catch bowl, and blow the fluff that's clogging the inlet out with compressed air! I would not recommend this product to anyone. Do not waste your money.

Purchased in September 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $499.00.

Ray H.
Ray H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

On Off Switch

Purchased in May 2019, Not that impressed with the operation of this product payed $499.00 The Motor after a couple of minuets stops. "The green light is still on" So I believe it's not the battery. We purchased this model because of It's ease of operation, as my wife and I both have Heart conditions. Rang the Store on Saturday only to find out it is not open on the weekend.

Purchased in May 2019 at Godfreys for $499.00.

Godfrey G.Hoover

Vortex Pro stick is a really disappointing vacuum. Do not buy.

I wanted a stick vacuum just for quick cleanups, as I have a main vacuum for doing the whole house. On the second use it blocked up so I haven’t used it since, because I can’t unblock it & I’m not going to take it back to be unblocked & have to pay more $$. The sales man said this was a great machine & it came with 2 batteries so I put the other vacuum back that I was looking at & chose this vacuum. But I only received one battery. There was no manual to show me how to unblock it. It has been a complete waste of $$, extremely disappointed with this machine.

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores for $759.00.

PixieSydney, NSW

This Hoover vacuum should only be purchased with a maintenance contract.

Purchased in July 2020 for $600.00.

Mike G
Mike GGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Vacuum cleaner continually clogs up

We use this on both carpet and hardwood floors, every time it is used it gets clogged up and then subsequently fails to pick up. To clear the blockage you need to take the cleaner apart and poke down the hose with something flexible and pull the fluff out. This is meant to be a tool to use, clean out easily and use again, not have to take apart and put back together after each use.

Purchased in June 2019 at Godfreys for $599.00.

Perry M.
Perry M.Darling Downs, QLD

Disappointing from what I believed to be a good brand.

Bought for light vacuuming as my house does not have heavy foot traffic. 2 flat rugs and tiled flooring.
Suction was good on both surfaces and used once a fortnight. Battery was fine in use and charging. Never used any of the attachments. I sweep regularly and mop weekly so when I use the vacuum, it really doesn't need to work that hard.

Nonetheless, the hose where it joins the head end has split. At $599, this is disappointing - I believe that it should last longer than about 18 months for the amount of use it has had.

Purchased in February 2019 for $599.00.

Robyn
RobynNorth Queensland, QLD

Worst ever vacuum doesn’t suck doesn’t change lucky to get 5 minutes not good for anything !!!!

Does not do what it is suppose to vacuum poor battery luck to get 5 minutes very very very dissatisfied. I would not recommend this vacuum at all to anyone. Overpriced and the attachments are useless. Don’t waste your money folks !

Purchased in June 2018 for $550.00.

Gregasked

We have had this machine for 30 months without any issues. The small flexible hose in the power head has split. Can anyone tell me where I can get a replacement hose so as I van fix the problem.

Hi Greg,
These hoses are available as spare parts, however, we are currently out of stock with more due to arrive mid-late July.
Part Number: 33156152
Price: $4.95
The replacement hose can be purchase through your nearest Godfreys store or over the phone by calling 1800 815 270.

Jeff
Jeffasked

If i cannot find a proof of purchase receipt , can i quote the serial number and the store where i purchased it (Godfreys Geraldton WA , since closed) to get a new proof of purchase ?

Stuart

I'm pretty sure godfreys keeps a record of all your transactions for 8 yrs. Calling another godfreys store may put you on the right path. I'm not going to five any legal advice for consumer law regading this.

Hi Jeff,
Proof of Purchase can be obtained from Godfreys by calling 1800 815 270 or emailing customerservice@godfreys.com.au.

Jeff
Jeffasked

I bought this Hoover stick vac pro and it won't work or charge on its dock. Geraldton Godfreys WA has since left town. Who can fix it , as close as possible.

Hi Jeff,
We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your machine.
Please contact Godfreys on 1800 815 270, or via email at customerservice@godfreys.com.au, and they will be happy to assist with having your machine booked in.

See all Hoover Vortex Pro Stickvac 5231 questions

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives

CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners