Hoover Vortex Pro Stickvac 5231

Hoover Vortex Pro Stickvac 5231

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Product is used:
    • Several times a week (8)
    • Weekly (7)
    • Daily (6)
    • Rarely (1)
  • Pet OwnerYes (14) · No (6)
  • Battery Life

Frances

FrancesCanberra 2600, ACT

Bring back the broom!

Blocks up constantly where the narrow tube joins the canister. Blocks up in other places also: the power head; where the power head joins the narrow tube; in the first canister; in the second canister. Is this a joke design?
To unblock it you need: at least half a hour, a screwdriver, a change of clothes, somewhere to wash your hands, a bent coathanger and a dustpan and brush.
To empty it you need: most of the above, plus an ability to do 3D jigsaw puzzles.
Battery doesn’t last very long.
Cannot run it with power head off, so on hard floors items get pushed away..
Has poor suction.
Very light and easy to manoeuvre.

Purchased in August 2019 at Godfreys for $599.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

Felicity L.

Felicity L.South East Queensland, QLD

Waste of money, should have brought a Dyson.

Constantly clogging, the hose has spit in two areas, it's a year old! Flicks dirt out everywhere making a bigger mess. Wiring is coming loose, so only charges when you get it on the charging dock in the right spot. Irritating to empty both the collection bins! The main one ends up just spilling dust and dirt all over my had and the head of the vaccum. Complete waste of money. For 600 dollars I could have brought a Dyson like I intended to but the sales rep conned me into this one. Liar and a shark!

Purchased in September 2018 at Godfreys for $599.00.

disappointed

It is such a bad design, there are so many nooks and crannies that it clogs up continuously. Pushes dirt around instead of sucking it up. Salesman lied. Very Disappointed.

Purchased in May 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores.

Frustrating, messy and not worth the $599

I wish I had read these reviews before purchasing the vortex pro, I was showed it sucking up all sorts in the shop and was sold. Fast forward 6 months and its been back to have a new foot and currently back at the shop to sort out the battery.... 7 mins run time on low is ridiculous to vacuum a 4 bedroom house with 2 kids, 2 dogs and 2 cats!!....and dont even get me started on the blocked tubes, i am over un clogging the dam thing every few minutes, its frustrating, messy and not worth the $599 I paid.

Purchased in February 2019 for $599.00.

David

DavidSydney Surrounds, NSW

The worst Vacuum Cleaner I have purchased

We purchased this Vacuum cleaner off a retailer who is a very prominent retailer in the vacuum space that does not sell Dyson... mmmm I wonder who that is.
We were told that it rivals the Dyson at half the cost!
How wrong they were....it doesn't even come close!
Continually clogs up and half the time you spend pulling the crap out of the multiple pipes and filters.
Really bad design....think twice about buying one, and don't get sucked into buying one like we did.
Apart from never buying anything else but a Dyson, we will never step foot into one of those stores again and we will tell all our friends and family to do the same.
No one likes being lied to, and in particular doesn't like being ripped off.

Purchased in July 2018 at Godfreys for $550.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Poorly designed with no power.

First time purchasing a Hoover. I was advised this product rivals Dyson products however, I was extremely disappointed. The suction has no power and the pipes (tubes) are too narrow to suck up reasonable amounts of dust. I've had to constantly unclog and clear the vacuum frequently to be able to use it. I do not recommend people spending +$500 for a product like this. I've emailed Hoover for assistance however, I haven't received a response yet.

• +1

Purchased in April 2019 at Godfreys for $500.00.

Michelle

MichelleSydney Surrounds, NSW

DON'T BUY

I purchased the Hoover Vortex Pro about 6 months ago, initially it was fantastic, great suction but very soon I realised that after every time I vaccummed I would have to pull the whole thing apart and unblock dust from it, now a few months down the track it has lost suction completely - I have cleaned it thoroughly, done everything I can and it just doesn't work, blocks every time I unblock it...worst purchase and expensive. I had a Dyson for at least 15 years without a problem until I broke a part and couldn't replace it. I decided on a cordless upright - my advice - don't buy one of these get a Dyson :(

Purchased in February 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $599.00.

Kraftie

KraftieAdelaide

My up grade from the FreeJet 3in1

Purchased in April 2019 at Godfreys for $399.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Family-Guy77

Family-Guy77AU

Short battery life spoils great little cleaner

Purchased in June 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores.

Short battery life

When I bought the Hoover Vortex Pro from Godfreys in Westfield Parramatta, the sales guy did not tell me that the battery lasts only 9 minutes on high and 28 minutes on low and I need to charge it again for 4 hours. There is not enough battery life to vacuum a whole house. When I called the customer service they ask me to bring it back to the shop and the sales guy try to get me to upgrade it to a very expensive one! The service is crap.

Purchased in June 2019 for $499.00.

Domestic Goddess

Domestic GoddessGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't buy: Easily blocked and a nightmare to clean

My Vortex Pro got blocked from the first day - unable to deal with simple dust from 2 rugs. All the dirt got stuck at the hose elbow and in its other internal nooks and crannies. It was a nightmare to clean - the staff member using fine pointed scissors and a Wertheim vacuum. Godfreys refused to refund my money and blamed me for its failings!

Purchased in June 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $499.00.

Gen

GenCentral West, NSW

Average performance - Hoover Vortex Pro Handstick

Purchased in March 2019 at Godfrey's Dubbo for $599.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

Dont buy. Gets block. All the time, and battery short life when was working

Gets blocks too easy, battery short life..
Dont buy save your money, started good. But once blocked need to take apart, the feeds in hoses are small and small particles can easily get block, finding carpet getting into suck in as well.

Purchased in June 2019 for $500.00.

Paul O.

Paul O.South East Queensland, QLD

Easily Blocked - Makes a complete mess when emptied

When our wonderful Dyson packed in we decided to go for a stick vac. This seemed reasonable. Unfortunately it blocks really easily (we have dogs). It is a process involving screwdrivers to unblock it. Emptying it is a nightmare dust and dirt go everywhere except in the bin. You have to use other components of the vacuum to unblock but if you have no charge left, this is impossible until it recharges. It tends to block after about 3 minutes use. It is a terrible machine and we are really disappointed considering how much money it cost. We recently re-bought a big ball Dyson, adding to the cost of what we'd already paid for this rubbish.

Purchased in February 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $549.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
PCochran

PCochranSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works great... you have 11 minutes to do the house

The vacuum is great the the boost is great ... just the battery life is not sufficient
you have 11 min to do the house. If you only have one small room i would get it but if you want to do three rooms it will be of no use. For 600 dollar which we paid at the Godfreys ... we ended up having to purchase another vacuum.

Purchased in April 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $599.00.

Product is used: Rarely
Pete

Petecedar grove

Awesome vacuum cleaner

Purchased in March 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores.

Not Impressed

I wish I'd never purchased this. It takes longer than ever to vacuum my small flat. I spend more time cleaning it out than vacuuming. Not so great on tiles/lino.
What a sucker I was!! Be warned

Purchased in February 2019 at Godfrey's Tauranga for $600.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Would not charge after first use

No quality control check to catch defective items? The problem with this sort of event is I now have no trust in the product and will be looking to get my money back and try another brand

Purchased in June 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $350.00.

Floor Type Tiles

Chris A

Chris AMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

BEST OF THE BEST !!!

Went into Godfrey's looking for the best & after the salesman did demo & comparison I went to the good guys & checked out the " TOP" brands and they didn't come close to the vortex, I have only had for 3 days but it is GREAT, gets cat hair from bed & sheets with ease & is almost as good as my shark BUT 1/4 the size & weight would highly recommend for anyone with disability or mobility issues like myself ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Gee

GeeSydney, NSW

Can’t understand the good reviews?

My husband bought this vacuum two months ago, besides of getting faulty (see photo) it was heavy, full of buttons (hard to understand) and also the worst part is of your floor has any type of uneven surface (like the rug pattern) it would suck in between - also if you have long hair the brush is so thick will get all in there! Changed for a Miele much happier

Purchased in March 2019 for $550.00.