Hoover Vortex Pro Stickvac 5231

Hoover Vortex Pro Stickvac 5231

See the Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Poorly designed with no power.

First time purchasing a Hoover. I was advised this product rivals Dyson products however, I was extremely disappointed. The suction has no power and the pipes (tubes) are too narrow to suck up reasonable amounts of dust. I've had to constantly unclog and clear the vacuum frequently to be able to use it. I do not recommend people spending +$500 for a product like this. I've emailed Hoover for assistance however, I haven't received a response yet.

• +1

Purchased in April 2019 at Godfreys for $500.00.

Michelle

MichelleSydney Surrounds, NSW

DON'T BUY

I purchased the Hoover Vortex Pro about 6 months ago, initially it was fantastic, great suction but very soon I realised that after every time I vaccummed I would have to pull the whole thing apart and unblock dust from it, now a few months down the track it has lost suction completely - I have cleaned it thoroughly, done everything I can and it just doesn't work, blocks every time I unblock it...worst purchase and expensive. I had a Dyson for at least 15 years without a problem until I broke a part and couldn't replace it. I decided on a cordless upright - my advice - don't buy one of these get a Dyson :(

Purchased in February 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $599.00.

Kraftie

KraftieAdelaide

My up grade from the FreeJet 3in1

Purchased in April 2019 at Godfreys for $399.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Family-Guy77

Family-Guy77AU

Great little cleaner

Purchased in June 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Short battery life

When I bought the Hoover Vortex Pro from Godfreys in Westfield Parramatta, the sales guy did not tell me that the battery lasts only 9 minutes on high and 28 minutes on low and I need to charge it again for 4 hours. There is not enough battery life to vacuum a whole house. When I called the customer service they ask me to bring it back to the shop and the sales guy try to get me to upgrade it to a very expensive one! The service is crap.

Purchased in June 2019 for $499.00.

Floor Type Wood

Domestic Goddess

Domestic GoddessGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't buy: Easily blocked and a nightmare to clean

My Vortex Pro got blocked from the first day - unable to deal with simple dust from 2 rugs. All the dirt got stuck at the hose elbow and in its other internal nooks and crannies. It was a nightmare to clean - the staff member using fine pointed scissors and a Wertheim vacuum. Godfreys refused to refund my money and blamed me for its failings!

Purchased in June 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $499.00.

Gen

GenCentral West, NSW

Average performance - Hoover Vortex Pro Handstick

Purchased in March 2019 at Godfrey's Dubbo for $599.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

Dont buy. Gets block. All the time, and battery short life when was working

Gets blocks too easy, battery short life..
Dont buy save your money, started good. But once blocked need to take apart, the feeds in hoses are small and small particles can easily get block, finding carpet getting into suck in as well.

Purchased in June 2019 for $500.00.

Paul O.

Paul O.South East Queensland, QLD

Easily Blocked - Makes a complete mess when emptied

When our wonderful Dyson packed in we decided to go for a stick vac. This seemed reasonable. Unfortunately it blocks really easily (we have dogs). It is a process involving screwdrivers to unblock it. Emptying it is a nightmare dust and dirt go everywhere except in the bin. You have to use other components of the vacuum to unblock but if you have no charge left, this is impossible until it recharges. It tends to block after about 3 minutes use. It is a terrible machine and we are really disappointed considering how much money it cost. We recently re-bought a big ball Dyson, adding to the cost of what we'd already paid for this rubbish.

Purchased in February 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $549.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
PCochran

PCochranSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works great... you have 11 minutes to do the house

The vacuum is great the the boost is great ... just the battery life is not sufficient
you have 11 min to do the house. If you only have one small room i would get it but if you want to do three rooms it will be of no use. For 600 dollar which we paid at the Godfreys ... we ended up having to purchase another vacuum.

Purchased in April 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $599.00.

Product is used: Rarely

Pete

Petecedar grove

Awesome vacuum cleaner

Purchased in March 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores.

Floor Type Wood

Not Impressed

I wish I'd never purchased this. It takes longer than ever to vacuum my small flat. I spend more time cleaning it out than vacuuming. Not so great on tiles/lino.
What a sucker I was!! Be warned

Purchased in February 2019 at Godfrey's Tauranga for $600.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Would not charge after first use

No quality control check to catch defective items? The problem with this sort of event is I now have no trust in the product and will be looking to get my money back and try another brand

Purchased in June 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $350.00.

Floor Type Tiles

Chris AMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

BEST OF THE BEST !!!

Went into Godfrey's looking for the best & after the salesman did demo & comparison I went to the good guys & checked out the " TOP" brands and they didn't come close to the vortex, I have only had for 3 days but it is GREAT, gets cat hair from bed & sheets with ease & is almost as good as my shark BUT 1/4 the size & weight would highly recommend for anyone with disability or mobility issues like myself ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Gee

GeeSydney, NSW

Can’t understand the good reviews?

My husband bought this vacuum two months ago, besides of getting faulty (see photo) it was heavy, full of buttons (hard to understand) and also the worst part is of your floor has any type of uneven surface (like the rug pattern) it would suck in between - also if you have long hair the brush is so thick will get all in there! Changed for a Miele much happier

Purchased in March 2019 for $550.00.

Russell

RussellPerth, WA

Great vacuum, easy to use

Have had this stick vac for just over a week and it’s brilliant. Has amazing suction. I usually do carpets on the high power and my hard floors on low power. It gets so much dirt and dust out of the carpets. I was shocked with what was coming out of what I thought were pretty clean carpets. Haven’t used all the extra accessories yet but looking forward to doing so when I need them. Super easy to pull apart and clean. So happy with this purchase.

Purchased in March 2019 at Godfreys belmont for $598.00.

NeilSydney, NSW

Powerful and easy to use

Purchased in March 2019 at Godfreys for $599.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

petez07

petez07mandurah

Awesome

Powerful and extremely easy to use. Heaps of accessories for housework and the car. Gets the sand out of my car mats easy. Brilliant. I highly recommend this machine for cleaning

Purchased in January 2019.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

John L

John LSoldiers Point NSW 2317

A cordless vacuum cleaner as good as corded..

Date PurchasedJan 2019

MCMorgan

MCMorganWest hoxton

Baby mess all sorted out with this vacuum

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Bruce N.

Bruce N.asked

Our vortex pro will not stay on high and is not too good st cleaning the car- actually it’s usless in the car - dies anyone else have tis issue

Chris A

Again take it back if you have a problem, godfrey's will take care of you, my brother has had one now for nearly two years with no problem in fact he threw his Dyson cordless in the BIN literally saying it was NOT working 1/4 as good, I have just put in new carpet & floating floor in the house and have not got my SHARK out the cupboard yet it's that good so i would say to anyone who has a problem TAKE IT BACK get it fixed & you will be as happy as !!!
Regards Chris A

Fran C

Fran Casked

I just purchased a Hoover vortex pro. I’m having problems with turning it off. It only turns off when I remove the battery or when I put it back on charge.

Chris A

They have a 2 year warranty TAKE IT BACK get it fixed or replaced, I am sure that godfrey's will take care of you !!!

Hayley Sasked

Just bought my vortex pro today and I don’t think it’s charging. I’ve got the base plugged into the wall and the vacuum on the dock but there are no lights indicating anything. Have I done something wrong? The handy vac bit also won’t turn on when removed to use by itself and the power button is pressed but does come on when I turn on the whole unit. I’m worried I got a lemon.

Neil

Is it sitting in the dock correctly. Make sure it is clipped in at the back of the stick properly where the connection is.

Hayley S

Thanks for the reply. It is clipped it at the back but still nothing. Taking it back today and hoping they can show me what I’m doing wrong.

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives

CategoryStick Vacuum Cleaners