Hoover Vortex Pro Stickvac 5231

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

2.3

LeeMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Complete Waste of money.

The worst vacuum I have ever purchased. Clogs up with every use even with the tiniest crumbs. Impossible to unclog.
The only positive is the docking station and the accessories, but is worthless because it never works.

Purchased at Godfreys for A$499.00.

Robyn P.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Light but dreadful design

It is light and very easy to manoeuvre. Suction is generally ok. However, the collection bin is impossibly small and a nuisance to empty. I need to lay the cleaner across the top of an open bin so that everything I have vacuumed doesn’t come spewing out again. Constantly clogging, requiring fiddly contortions and much swearing. Overall, I really wish I hadn’t bought. More trouble than it is worth.

Purchased in June 2018 at Godfreys for A$599.00.

Alisa10

Alisa10South East Queensland, QLD

Don’t get fooled by the accessories

Purchased at Godfreys for A$530.00.

Stick Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Vortex Pro Stickvac 5231 compares to other Stick Vacuum Cleaners

Baker

BakerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Glorified duster brush

Up from the power head, and above short piece of hope, and before the diverted into dust canister is narrow, and a sharp bend- this easily blocks as it's narrow and poor design.imposdible to unblock without a long stick or coat hamger.cant believe the price tag off $599 fir a glorified duster brush !!

Purchased in February 2019 at Godfreys for A$549.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
JBon

JBonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor suction, short battery life and needs constant cleaning.

Used on carpet and hard floors, leaves behind clumps of dust and dirt.
Needs high suction for carpets, but this drains battery.
Takes 2-3 hours to recharge battery.
Unable to clean 3 bedroom house on one battery charge.
Very poor performance doesn't pick up pieces of dirt.

Purchased in May 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$579.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Karleen O.

Karleen O.South East Queensland, QLD

Not great if you have a furry dog

I was looking at this or the Wertheim Evolution or Dyson Animal.

I picked this as it is self propelled and I did not have to hold the power button like on the Dyson and it was cheaper than the Wertheim and Dyson.

However I hate how the canister empties.

I have a furry dog that his hair makes a mess and the way you take the canister off to clean it is very messy compared to my other Hoover stick (which the canister is like the Dyson)

I would not recommend this if you have animals.

I am now looking for a new stick and not sure which one to get. I like the stick as I can keep it out to vacuum up his hair, which is everyday.

Purchased in November 2019 at Godfreys for A$499.00.

Emily H

Emily HSydney, NSW

Terrible after the first 6 months

Sold-to-us-as-betterthan Dyson.Fell for the sales pitch. 4/6 months.Afterthat thesuctionwas terrible.Wouldn’tpick anything up.Then the tube RIPPED!! tookfor a repair as it was underwarranty(thiswas at around 10m). 2monthsafterthe repairit won’tstayonlonger than 2minutesandsuction-bad.

Purchased in November 2018 at Godfreys for A$500.00.

StewartSydney, NSW

Great suction, absolutely terrible battery life

I bought this from Godfreys Hornsby Westfield in June 2019. It has excellent suction on the boost but the battery life is incredibly bad. I charged it all night last night and got about 3 minutes vacuuming on boost. I charged it for another 5 hours and maybe got 4 minutes on boost. For $599, this is incredibly bad value. In reading other reviews, it seems this is a common challenge. Don't buy unless you are planning to vacuum a 3 metre by 3 metre section of carpet every month or so (and if you are, buy something cheaper)

Purchased in June 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$599.00.

Product is used Monthly
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Lina

LinaMelbourne

Buyer Beware!!

This was a replacement vacuum from Hoover. Condition of replacement was there is no warranty on vacuum. I thought I would get longer use than one month. When it work it was good. Easy to use and clean. Battery lasted 20 minutes approx. Good on carpet and hard floors. Now it is useless. I do not recommend this at all. Completely disappointed and I will not recommend any Hoover stick vacuum cleaners. Very disappointed that I had to give this review. Buyer beware!!

Purchased in February 2020 at Godfreys.

KatieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would give it zero if that was an option

Purchased in March 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$600.00.

ashleyMurray Mallee, SA

Hover vortex pro... Crap vacuum

Doesn't work as described with anything or even pet hair
Battery life is not good got told we could do whole house..
Doesn't suck up anything
Crap design as you empty filter stuff goes everywere.
Has had this for not even a year. Really bad battery time can't even do a 3 bedroom house with hardfloors. Rang up Godfrey's got it in for inspection they said nothing wrong. Have changed filters it's always cleaned out each use and it's still crap. Won't suck anything up not even a bit of dog fur. Kmart $29 vacuums are better. We will never buy one like this again. We will never buy from Godfrey's again. It's just all round a crap vacuum for how much they charge for it. Don't bother.Paid $700

Purchased in March 2019 at Godfreys for A$700.00.

ashley

We did that already as it was still under warranty. They said nothing wrong with it !!

Frances

FrancesCanberra 2600, ACT

Bring back the broom!

Blocks up constantly where the narrow tube joins the canister. Blocks up in other places also: the power head; where the power head joins the narrow tube; in the first canister; in the second canister. Is this a joke design?
To unblock it you need: at least half a hour, a screwdriver, a change of clothes, somewhere to wash your hands, a bent coathanger and a dustpan and brush.
To empty it you need: most of the above, plus an ability to do 3D jigsaw puzzles.
Battery doesn’t last very long.
Cannot run it with power head off, so on hard floors items get pushed away..
Has poor suction.
Very light and easy to manoeuvre.

Purchased in August 2019 at Godfreys for A$599.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Felicity L.

Felicity L.South East Queensland, QLD

Waste of money, should have brought a Dyson.

Constantly clogging, the hose has spit in two areas, it's a year old! Flicks dirt out everywhere making a bigger mess. Wiring is coming loose, so only charges when you get it on the charging dock in the right spot. Irritating to empty both the collection bins! The main one ends up just spilling dust and dirt all over my had and the head of the vaccum. Complete waste of money. For 600 dollars I could have brought a Dyson like I intended to but the sales rep conned me into this one. Liar and a shark!

Purchased in September 2018 at Godfreys for A$599.00.

disappointed

It is such a bad design, there are so many nooks and crannies that it clogs up continuously. Pushes dirt around instead of sucking it up. Salesman lied. Very Disappointed.

Purchased in May 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores.

Frustrating, messy and not worth the $599

I wish I had read these reviews before purchasing the vortex pro, I was showed it sucking up all sorts in the shop and was sold. Fast forward 6 months and its been back to have a new foot and currently back at the shop to sort out the battery.... 7 mins run time on low is ridiculous to vacuum a 4 bedroom house with 2 kids, 2 dogs and 2 cats!!....and dont even get me started on the blocked tubes, i am over un clogging the dam thing every few minutes, its frustrating, messy and not worth the $599 I paid.

Purchased in February 2019 for A$599.00.

David

DavidSydney Surrounds, NSW

The worst Vacuum Cleaner I have purchased

We purchased this Vacuum cleaner off a retailer who is a very prominent retailer in the vacuum space that does not sell Dyson... mmmm I wonder who that is.
We were told that it rivals the Dyson at half the cost!
How wrong they were....it doesn't even come close!
Continually clogs up and half the time you spend pulling the crap out of the multiple pipes and filters.
Really bad design....think twice about buying one, and don't get sucked into buying one like we did.
Apart from never buying anything else but a Dyson, we will never step foot into one of those stores again and we will tell all our friends and family to do the same.
No one likes being lied to, and in particular doesn't like being ripped off.

Purchased in July 2018 at Godfreys for A$550.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Poorly designed with no power.

First time purchasing a Hoover. I was advised this product rivals Dyson products however, I was extremely disappointed. The suction has no power and the pipes (tubes) are too narrow to suck up reasonable amounts of dust. I've had to constantly unclog and clear the vacuum frequently to be able to use it. I do not recommend people spending +$500 for a product like this. I've emailed Hoover for assistance however, I haven't received a response yet.

• +1

Purchased in April 2019 at Godfreys for A$500.00.

Floor Type Carpet
Michelle

MichelleSydney Surrounds, NSW

DON'T BUY

I purchased the Hoover Vortex Pro about 6 months ago, initially it was fantastic, great suction but very soon I realised that after every time I vaccummed I would have to pull the whole thing apart and unblock dust from it, now a few months down the track it has lost suction completely - I have cleaned it thoroughly, done everything I can and it just doesn't work, blocks every time I unblock it...worst purchase and expensive. I had a Dyson for at least 15 years without a problem until I broke a part and couldn't replace it. I decided on a cordless upright - my advice - don't buy one of these get a Dyson :(

Purchased in February 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$599.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

KraftieAdelaide

My up grade from the FreeJet 3in1

Purchased in April 2019 at Godfreys for A$399.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Family-Guy77

Family-Guy77AU

Short battery life spoils great little cleaner

Purchased in June 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores.