Hornsby World of Fitness

Hornsby World of Fitness

its okay

Been coming for awhile, not the best but not the greatest, when my contract ends will probably go somwhere else

Be careful!

Beware before joining this gym. I was a member for 2 years when it was run by the previous owners and then left it as soon as the new owners took over. The new owners were rude, stingy and awful - kept blaming the previous owner about everything that went wrong, which is so unfair as we all liked the gym under previous ownership. It was good value for money then. The new owners didn't let us turn the air conditioner temperature down in the group fitness room when it got too hot and we weren't allowed to turn fans on either. They refused to pay the instructors properly, so most of the good instructors left. Finally when I filled a form to leave, they still kept charging me for a few more months! When I said I am going to fair trading, they stopped and offered to refund the extra payments taken from me. The gym is awful, old, smelly, dusty. I heard that the new membership is very cheap, so if you want a really cheap dump of a gym, then probably OK. If not, the best to join other great gyms around Hornsby which are friendly, reliable and far better. I joined one which is so much better with excellent instructors.

Hornsby 24/7 Gym

This gym is bigger than what it looks like from the outside and has a friendly vibe about it.
Fully air conditioned upstairs and downstairs!
The classes are all included in your membership and there is no joining fee.
Free Childminding for members is also helpful.

Poor, broken, unsafe equipment

Don't do it. Contract locks you in with no out. Terrible equipment, nothing fixed or replaced. Promised new equipment that never turns up.

Value for money

I think this gym is good value for money and they offer free childcare for members.
The instructors are good although there have been a lot of changes to the timetable. I am told the instructors are the same for other gyms as well.
The new owners have been trying to make improvements with some new equipment, painting and a newly sealed car park.
I joined this gym years ago because I liked its motto as the 'friendly not trendy' gym and it feels that way.
I don't like the classic hits radio station the new owners play though, urgh. Something more modern to work out to would be good.

NO NO NO! Owners are fake and Gym is gross and in terrible condition.

Where do I start - Poor old equipment, smells like there's a dead fish in some parts of the gym and when you are signed up guarantee that you won't be explained everything so make sure you read the contracts.

I don't usually write reviews about places but the way that I have been treated by the owners is unacceptable and unprofessional.

I wouldn't recommend this gym. Better of signing up for Fitness first down the road.

Average

This gym needs some work, but is okay for the price. Some of the equipment is a little older, so don't join if you're after modern facilities.

Members, beware, This gym owners deceive members, staff & instructors

When you join the gym initially the owners appear nice. But a few days later, the claws come out. You have to pay extra for classes. Lot of classes are constantly cancelled. The owners keep complaining about previous owners, however, gym is in derelict condition now. The storage area for bags stinks. There is dust on all equipment. The owners have removed lot of fans that were installed by previous owners and have put sticky tape on fans in the group fitness room downstairs to prevent members from switching the fans on. The owners are extremely stingy & have sacked all staff and instructors and new instructors can't be found, so we are told. It is more to do with the fact that no one wants to work for them.They also change the membership period that was originally allowed and shorten it. Please check your contracts to make sure that these owners are not scamming you! I am told by previous members that previous owners installed lot of new equipment - treadmills, rowers and had lot of good classes and it was good value for money until the take over by new owners in the middle of last year.These owners just want to make lot of money for themselves and save on electricity to the detriment of the members who have to work out in the stifling heat in summer. There is no cross ventilation. It is a health and safety hazard.

Really bad, do not join this gym unless you are desperate

Owners are really rude and patronising, they treat everyone as criminals, follow then around and check up on them. No airconditioning, even the fans are switched off even in summer. Intolerable conditions. All the good classes have been cancelled, good instructors sacked and members treated with total disrespect. Owners are constantly preaching to members. Gym is dirty, smelly and never cleaned, equipment is outdated and not working properly.Classes used to be part of membership, now members have to pay extra for classes. No freezing on memberships allowed any more. Avoid this gym at all costs;

INADEQUATE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

DO NOT JOIN THIS GYM. Greedy owners. Not at all helpful staff.. Inadequate customer service, so damn rude. Did not apologize for their mistake but instead balmed it on us. Liars!!!! NEVER RECOMMENDING THIS GYM.. PLEASE!! Do not waste ur money on these new rude owners..!

Good gym

Really like the atmosphere here a lot better then some commercial gyms. The reception is nice warm an welcoming. They are not to sales orientated. Comparing this place to some others is a pleasure. When I went on holidays they were more then happy to help me out and suspend me free of charge

Not a good gym

I gave this place a go for about 8 months but gave up on it. The surroundings and facilities are very basic, the equipment isn't good either, but the killer for me was the staff. They are lazy and never clean the equipment properly (sometimes it can be pretty foul), and I have witnessed one particular staff member being outright rude to customers on too many occasions. Your money is better spent elseware.

Poor environment and the staff are useless.

Loving it !

After years of avoiding gyms i finally signed up to HWF and am loving it. Sure it's not the swankiest gym on the block but it's open 24/7, has every piece of equipment you want/need and last month they installed a bunch of new treadmills with individual screens. There are an array of classes, a free creche, fantastic personal training is available at affordable prices and 99% of the time i get a park without any hassle. HWF is full of real people of all ages, shapes and sizes doing something about their fitness level. Check it out.
Handy, affordable, no princesses, friendly crowd and great classes

Great Gym (review from 2012)!

Sure, it's not one of the most up-to-date gyms you can find, but it is clean, friendly and has recently had new treadmills installed. Group classes are good and popular. The free childminding is the big draw card. Free carparking (only room for about 10 cars, but located close to Westfield so easy enough to park and walk). This is a value-for-money gym, especially suited to parents who don't want to spend their yearly wage on gym membership.

PLEASE NOTE: I understand this gym has had new management since I posted my review in 2012 and so this review is not current. I am not in a position to comment about it now, as I am no longer a member.
Free Childminding. Great value membership. Friendly staff.
Carpark could do with resurfacing.

Disgusting! Absolutely revolting

Old outdated gym, equipment falling apart, 5 out of the 10 treadmills working correctly, toilets disgusting,(once the showers were so glocked up with pubic hair the water was overflowing. Flooring in group fitness room has an elevation to it causing a trip zone in classes, regular classes cancelled due to lack of instructors multiple occasions, and no parking.

Conclusion: Do not go to this gym unless you are desperate, there are many good gyms in the area with better facilities and prices are the same or cheaper.
Staff
Too many things, some stated above