Hortico Weed Killer

Hortico Weed Killer

See the Best Garden Maintenance Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Hortico? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Some People Are Just Dumb

amateur gardener
amateur gardenerSouth East Queensland, QLD

good stuff, works as per instructions

bought this Hortico product, mixed it 'a bit' stronger than instructions and it worked a treat, sprayed on a sunny nob windy day... next day response... great stuff... read the instructions... used it in a general purpose garden sprayer

Velocitor1
Velocitor1Brisbane

Disregard all negative reviews of this product!

The reason being is because people are
1. Not posting reviews of the right product.
2. Spraying Weed Killer i.e. HERBICIDE on a LAWN (let that sink in) and then complaining that it Kills the lawn (Wow!)
3. Not having any understanding of the product they are buying.
The tip here is to Read the front label which they fail to do, which reads "360 Weed Killer", this is short for "This product kills everything" if that isnt obvious, there's the "Active ingredient" which is also on the front label called "Glyphosate" which is, with a 2 second google search, a "Herbicide".
Make no mistake, this product works and all weeds will die, along with everything plant related it touches.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Julie C.
Julie C.

Doesn't seem to have done anything

I used this according to instructions, it doesn't seem to have done anything, infact my weeds are thriving???? I will spray again and increase the dose to see what happens.

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $6.50.

Barney
Barney

Won’t spray

Brought two bottles from Bunnings and spayed ever where. Seems to be the connecter on bottle. Tried a second hose and same thing. Brought it at the end of last season no receipts.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $50.00.

gingmo
gingmoMelbourne

Excellent Product

This is an excellent product.
It lasts for ages and I have had nothing but success every time I use it.
The only work you have to do is simply measure out the correct amount of
concentrate and fill your pump sprayer with water and away you go.
The cost is another bonus.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Voldemaras
VoldemarasSOUTH BRISBANE

Great stuff to use - if you have a brain

I have used Hortico Weed Killer Concentrate for years and it has always done the job exactly as described - all it takes to make it work properly is to read the instructions and use common sense. My pathways and car hard stand areas are always free of weeds because of my regular use of this product. I wouldn't use anything else!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Dave
DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Doesn't even come out of bottle.

I purchased this from Bunnings and got the two bottles home. Couldn't even get it to spray properly without water going everywhere the nozzle is useless. I thought it might have been me but I took it back and replaced it for "Scott Lawns" bindi killer which worked perfectly out of the bottle. The Scott brand was double the price but sometimes I guess cheaper just isn't better!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
CJAY
CJAYFar North Queensland, QLD

Does the Job!!

Very good product for everyday use. This is not a selective weed killer, so be careful when spraying close to ornamental plants. The weeds start showing colour in few days. Best to spray during the afternoon. A little goes a long way. I bought a 1L bottle and still going strong. Avoid spraying on windy days.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Wary Consumer
Wary ConsumerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Glyphosate/Roundup at a reasonable price

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Does the trick - value for money.

This product had done an excellent job across a large number of weeds, and also deals with re-growth of trees (popular/willow) I cut. Since you only use 5ml per litre it is very economical. Have been using this all purpose weedkiller now for several years and in the area I live (Central Hawkes Bay/New Zealand), Bunnings is the only shop selling this brand. (NZ$9.90/litre)

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Great price, always does the job

I've used Hortico for the last two years without complaints. I believe some of the reviewers here may have been intending to buy or review Hortico's LAWN Weed Killer. This product is a non-discriminant killer of all plant matter, definitely not for spraying on your lawn. It will kill your veggies/flowers too so avoid spraying on windy days. As tempting as it may be, avoid the pre-mixed spray bottles and buy the concentrate to mix yourself. Far better value and lasts much longer. To apply it I bought a 2L pressure spray bottle from Bunnings. Costs about $7 but saves you a lot of time and effort in the long run, not to mention having to burn out your forearms if you have a large area to cover.

Date PurchasedSept 2017

J.Howard
J.HowardPerth

Reliable Weed Killer

I bought this product and it works as intended, it's exactly the same as Yates Zero and Roundup at 360g/l and is much cheaper. Less than $10 a bottle for a 1L Concentrate at bunnings. This is not a rapid weed killer or a super high strength one, I didn't need any of those so I bought this brand.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

NZ intelligence test for Australians

I also found this did not appesr to work. Water going everwhere. Then noticed a "peel here" tag on label. Peel that back and you find the insructions for use on a second label. You have to flip up the front the black cover and then open the flow of water. Works ok then.

Date PurchasedOct 2017