Husqvarna 100 Series

Husqvarna 100 Series

TS 138, TC 130, TS 142T, etc...

3.1

• Product is used
  • Hill / Slope Performance
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Turning
Elephant

ElephantSydney Surrounds, NSW

Awful problems with transmission belt

I've had this machine less than a year and two transmission belts already. We have a cutting season of 3-4 months of which 1 month both last year and this is spent getting a new belt. Awful reliability. I had a Castlegarden for 10 years and never even serviced it. So much for modern technology. Built to fail I think.

Purchased in July 2018 for A$5,000.00.

Product is usedWeekly
Functionality
Safety
Noise Level
Anthony

AnthonyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great tractor couldn’t ask for better mower

Purchased this mower in 2016 had done 80 hrs in that time. Best investment, only ever had one issue with the gear box not engaging into reverse which was fixed under warranty. Just a build up of dust and not greased property when put together. Runs and cuts as it should. Has awesome turning circle, only ever run on premium fuel. Great on fuel. Love the cup holder

Purchased in March 2016 at Aussie mower centre Hervey Bay for A$3,700.00.

Functionality
Hill / Slope Performance
Safety
Noise Level
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Turning

ChocoholicFar North Queensland, QLD

Design flawed

The baffle on the bottom of this mower has a major design flaw, in that the leading bolt hole is only 3-sided, so any branch, stone, or uneven ground that this leading edge hits.... it pops the baffle out of the bolt, which then hits the blade, folding the baffle up in the blade, damaging the baffle and the blade. I don’t know why this hole couldn’t have been a full hole like around the rest of the baffle, so it can be secured properly. I spend more time taking the baffle off and hammering it flat again, and refitting it, than I do mowing the lawn

Purchased in March 2017.

Ride-On Mowers

Find out how Husqvarna 100 Series compares to other Ride-On Mowers

Rob S

Rob SPerth

Design Flaws

The transmission failed within the first year. Replaced under warrantee. Within 2.5 years the transmission failed again. This time the drive bearings also failed. Machine only has a total of 55 hours on it. Husqvarna don't want to know about it. The dealer admits there is a design flaw with the transmission and that Husqvarna knew about it and so the latest models now have a different transmission. Husqvarna say you shouldn't have bought a light weight bottom end residential mower - but this wasn't the advice we received at point of sale.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Len HNorthern Region, NSW

Initially happy, but now have problem

I was very happy with overall unit, and bought the Mulching kit and catcher. The catcher shute kept bouncing away from the housing, but I drilled a hole in the metal guide, and put in a quick release clip which held it firmly in place. The gearbox gave up a few months ago, and after the dealer replaced it, it failed again after about 12 hours of use.
The latest model has a different gearbox, and I have been informed by the dealer that I have to blow out the debris from the gearbox after every use. It does not seem to help.
The first gearbox was replaced under warranty, and I am hoping that there is still a warranty on the gearbox.
Apart from that problem, it is a great mower.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Len H

Problem sorted. Dealer found linkage error, and removed small part resting on rotater, Unit now works perfectly. 5 out of 5 now. Len H.

andrew

andrewSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great piece of machinery at an affordable price

Date PurchasedJul 2017
woody35

woody35Hervey Bay

Does a great job

Purchased 3 months ago when on special for $2799. Lot of mower for that price. Replaced my 20 year old Murray and cuts a lot better. Only problem is the chute is a bit cumbersome. I have the mulcher kit and have removed the chute. No problems to date. Very happy with the purchase

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Kristy

Kristy

Love it

Great ride on mower. Easy to operate and comfortable. Had no issues so far. We had same model previously but wore it out after 8 years (it still went though). The newer model has changed a few features but Still looks the same and only little things. I love it - makes mowing ok.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
KAR

KARDarling Downs, QLD

Hope we get 20+ years out of this mower

We have just had to replace our Greenfield mower after 20+ years and settled on a Husqvarna TS 138 only used it once so far just a little disappointed with the deflector chute it is very wide making it harder to cut close to trees.
The 38 inch cut is a bonus and after I get used to using it will shorten my mowing time.
So at this point in time I think this mower will give me more time to put my feet up and admire my garden.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Ride-On Mowers

Find out how Husqvarna 100 Series compares to other Ride-On Mowers

Lemon

TS 138 less than 12 months old, broken springs in transmission (warranty fix) leaking rear axle seals (warranty fix) fan on top of engine exploded on startup another warranty job. Never buy one of these lemons again.

Chris

ChrisMelbourne Victoria

Not happy

Purchased TS138 brand new. After less than 3 hours use it has been back twice to the dealer.
First time after 1 hour use the engine would not start eventually the dealer replaced the engine block.
Dealer returns the TS138 and after only 30 minutes use we had smoke everywhere and a really rough idle. The dealer to his credit returned took one look at the engine and stated the engine had leaks and he would take the mower away to again replace the engine.
My garden is approx one acre and open to the public yearly so no rough work involved.

Right now l feel ss though l have made a terrible costly mistake and l would love the dealer to take the Husqvarna back and allow me to chose another make. I would even pay for the privilege!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Shannon B

Shannon B

Only new but loving it so far

I bought this after my 30 year old Rover finally became not worth fixing. After 3 months of travel I came back to find 9 inchves of capeweed in the back yard. I live on a 1/3 acre block, long and on a gentle slope front to back. I wasn't expecting any mower to get through the capeweed, let along a 17.5hp single cylinder one but it ploughed through what looked like a cabbage patch. I went around once on height 6 and again on 4. In a few days I'll go again at 2 or 3 and try out the bio clip mulching system. It's only a few hours old and I'll update if anything goes wrong but so far this is a cracking little unit. There's a 5 year warranty available in Australia too which gave me peace of mind.