2.7

42% · 56 · 50%

Safety

Murray2 posts

Saw is very good value for the money spent

Tarts easy mostly use it for branch pruning but have used to to drop and cut up a hardwood tree that was 50cm through the trunks with no problems at all. Buy good chains I only use Oregon now as the Chinese chains had a habit of shedding teeth in clean wood. Show details
dontknowitall12 posts

A great strong machine

I have given this machine a real workout and have no complaints..
easy to start..easy chain adjustment, strong well built chainsaw
replaced the bar once over 6 months of use..cuts down large trees. Show details
J Tohiariki
J Tohiariki

Goodsaw

I brought the 240e run 5 tanks of gas though it and had shop tune and check . This saw has done way too much work cut a power of fire wood . Willow, Bluegum, and Pine ! Chain has never come loose and has always been easy to start . Must have got one of the good ones ,

Show details

TREVOR B.Central, SA6 posts

just a bloke
just a bloke

Still going strong

Don't understand the hate for this saw. I use it commercially and the more I use it, the better it gets. I suppose the hate may come from inexperienced fanboi's of other brands? bizzare. I've worked with more trees than I can count with this chainsaw, and been through a few bars and chains. Never a problem. It's a fine little saw that can match your abilities if you are not impatient and forcing it. Buy one! :)

David G
David G

Rubbish

Oiler didn't work from day 1 (fixed under warranty went from no oil to oil running out before fuel). Chain brake lever broke (fixed under warranty), chain brake burnt out - fixed, chain brake burnt out again after very little use. Plastic cog to tension chain teeth stripped (who designs a plastic cog to drive steel cogs a disaster in the making). Total use I have worn out 1 whole chain. Can't be bothered spending more money to repair it.

emjan
emjanAU29 posts

Another chainsaw that won't start

Bought the 240e 2 weeks ago, started reluctantly last week and cut like a dream, quieter than other chainsaws, but wouldn't even give a cough today. Changed fuel and spark plug but no difference. Partner is a farm boy has used chainsaws most of his life but for some reason we have had a run of bad chainsaws. Taking this one back to the shop next week. Had husqvanas before without issue but this one is rubbish and cost us AU$479

boruSydney, NSW65 posts

This is a dangerist toy, run, dont walk away from this potental killer

Absolute pain to have to keep the chain tight.there is no holding power in the bad winder tensioner and it has fallen off and is lost.Try to go too long and I mean five minutes at times and the chain falles off. this thing will drive you crazy. The winder has now fallen of and is lost . more money down the drain.

too right

ijr
ijr2 posts

someone who works all da
someone who works all datoogoom

Paul10 posts

Husqvana 240-e Chainsaw

The saw itself works well and starts easily; but constant stopping to tighten the blade is necessary.Run time is max of ten minutes due to chain tensioning. This thing will drive you crazy. The winder has now fallen of and is lost . more money down the drain.Get something better than this saw.
Ok for camping and small jobs.
Phil77
Phil77AU

Very Frustrating unit

New style locking system is pathetic as it fails to maintain tight bar and chain. I am bitterly disappointed as with Husqvarna reputation I can't understand why such a unit made it to production. I will certainly go back to the two nut locking system on a newer model chainsaw.

Replacement via insurance and I feel they dumped a dud on me

Paul

I totally agree that this saw is a piece of rubbish the chain comes loose in minutes of work. and then the winder arm fell off and needs replacing.Very disappointed in this product. I will never go Husky again.