Husqvarna 445 E-Series

Husqvarna 445 E-Series

445 E-Series II and 445 E-Series I

See the Best Petrol Chainsaws in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Poor

The chain keeps on coming off, I think the "no tools" chain tightening system is a poor gimmick that really doesn't work. I consider this to be a waste of money and is now my backup chainsaw. My reliable Stihl is back to being the workhorse, I wish I had bought another Stihl!

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Lack of lubrication

Have had this saw to dealer on many occasions regarding lack of oil to chain when cutting dried hardwood. Was told to fit oil pump from 450 to solve fault. Have tried new chains and had them professionally sharpened. Can only do about 3 cuts, can't touch bar due to heat build up and chain seizes up. Am going to try new bar to try and solve fault. Going back to old Stihl.

Easy to start

I had owned several Stihl chainsaws which once going were good, but boy what a pain to start. Husqvarna promised their patented "easy start" which after much research decided I was going to try. Started in the shop well, but proof was in the pudding.
Well I can say after over 2 years this thing starts at worst 3rd or 4th time and has lived up to its promise, when I buy again it will be this brand. I just hope recent outsourcing of manufacture to China will not affect the quality, because the unit is also robust and has lasted well.

great!

Had for 3 months now. Done about 40 large loads of wood. Works hard. great on fuel and starts first or second go. Mate has a stihl farm boss worth 1100 and the husky matches it no worries at all. Got the 18" bar on it now and didnt slow it down a bit. Great buy
great saw for medium use and reliable
nothing.