Husqvarna 460

Husqvarna 460

See the Best Petrol Chainsaws in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

What a come down

When my old Husqvarna 61 from 1984 finally started falling apart I bought a 460. It has been a disappointing experience in as much as it seems underpowered and unwilling to rev hard under load. I have also had major issues with getting oil to the bar from time to time. It also tends to be difficult to start when it's hot, I usually have to leave it 10 or 15 minutes if stops in mid job. I was pretty miserly and bought a cheaper direct American Import saw so maybe the epa is to blame for the problems, at least that is what the local dealers in Canberra, Australia are hinting at. Anyway I have almost had enough of the beast, it actually seems less powerful than my friends 100 dollar 52cc chinese saw. I will be looking at a Makita (Dolmar in blue plastic) or a Swedish built saw before much longer.

OK

Ok saw for 3-4 cords per year,of 12-18 inch trees.for bigger stuff get real saw,ie 372,390 or a big dolmar. I hate Stihls all i have had have been junk. Lots of oiler issues with the 460. Dealer says other folks bitchen about it too. Overall the Husqvarna 460 is a good camp saw but not for bigtime wood cutting.
Easy to start. Idles well.
Oiler keeps plugging up. Ran Husqvarna 272 for 5 years never had this problem.the 460 also is a little down on power for a 60 cc saw.