116, 118, 122 (See All)
See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Husqvarna

3.8
  • Safety
  • Thick Fabric Performance

Excellent Basic Machine

I have had my machine for over 20 years and it is still going strong. I have made clothes, doll clothes, home accessories and quilt tops and have never had a problem. I would strongly recommend this machine to someone that does not want a lot of bells and whistles.

Sounds powerful, but won’t sew over 2 seams. And reverse munches fabric

I’m frustrated with my new machine. If it can’t sew through two seams (as any machine must), what good is it? Never had this problem with the machine before. Even my mothers ancient little black singer could go through two seams. And why when I back stitch at the end of a seam does it munch the fabric? It should back stitch just fine. It seems like the sea dog isn’t high enough to move the fabric freely.

Purchased in for $500.

would like to throw it out the window

I expected this to be a wonderful workhorse. I use it everyday on cotton medium weight fabric. I don't do anything fancy. It stalls at every little bump (i.e seam underneath, etc) I either have to pull it thru or push it thru or hand step each stitch over the bump, and then it buggers up the sewing. I have tried adjusting the foot and everything else but nothing helps. never have had this problem with any of the machines I bought at goodwill for $25. the cost to have it serviced is nearly as much as the machine cost to start with. my work is beginning to look very non professional and downright juvenile. sorry to say finally getting a Husqvarna viking, 'cause I am so worth it, didn't work out for me. m

Purchased in for $399.

Sewing Experience Level Advanced
Sheldon L
Sheldon LAustralian Capital Territory

very good service

I've had this sewing machine for over 5 years now. Excellent for doing household sewing & alterations. Never once failed. Sometimes the thread gets jammed in the bobbin, but thats if you dont get thread tension & stitch width right . Other than that works beautifully. Good for beginners too due to slow medium & fast switch features.

Purchased in .

Sewing Machines & Overlockers

Find out how Husqvarna Emerald 116 / 118 / 122 compares to other Sewing Machines & Overlockers

Great for beginners, NOT a work horse

I make Dog collars and leashes, Kennel Tags, Kennel Covers, and bags. I sew 3-5 times a week, with several layers of cotton, silk, and heavy polypropylene. My machine worked for a number of years before starting to have the same problems others have mentioned. The wheel would not turn. I took it into to be worked on and a year later the same problem. Now it's every 6months, time for a new machine.

Second machine same problem

I use my Emerald 116 4-5 days a week on quilting cotton fabric.
This is the second 116 I owned that has had the same problem with the wheel seizing up. It just won't turn. This one is less than 1 year old. I always used Husqvarna. I am so disappointed.

Date Purchased

Froze up, cannot turn wheel

This will be the second time that I had to bring sewing machine in to be repaired, because of freezing up. Can't move the wheel. I was told that my Viking machine doesn't need to be oiled. When I pick my machine up this time I'll asks more questions, to see if I can fix the problem next time it freezes on me. Also is there a trouble shooting Manuel that I can order, besides the one that comes with it?

Date Purchased

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022
SandyS
SandySMelbourne

Great for beginners and good basic for advance users

I bought this machine secondhand. Being a beginner I was looking for an easy to use machine but still with the ability to learn more when I get better. My sewing friend whom is an advance user found the machine great and easy to understand. Overall great for beginners that plan to learn more than the straight stitch.

emilygSt Leonards

Great sewing machine!!

Jefff WAberdeen, Washington

Emerald 116 Good, not great

Please help me wits a information, what is the how many W does the engine consume?

JacNQGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is a great beginner machine

BrandyLove
BrandyLove
corrinne
corrinne

I've had this sewing maching for just over a year now and haven't had any problems with it. It may not do anything fancy like embroidery but you get what you pay for. It's quite easy to thread and use so even younger people can use it. There are many accessories that come with it that include an unpicker, the presser foot that you make button holes with, many other presser feet for different stitches, spare needles and a cleaning brush just to name a few.
It wasn't overly expensive and it does the job well. Also the case protects it and makes it look neater when you put it away.
none so far

Emerald 116

I have 4 Husqvarna machines used daily 2x Emerald 116 and 1 x Saphire 835 and their overlocker. I think they are truly wonderful machines and excellent value. The 116 is basic and one of the cheapest in its range. Name me another basic make that comes with a hard cover. Extremely simple to use, beautifully compact with a full range of feet etc.
Fantastic value. Comes with hard cover. Has proper compartment for all extras. Has a needle threader.
I have not found a problem with mine. However, We have no agent to service them in my area and would like to train to service, but not found Husqvarna in UK able to help me at present. My only disappointment to date.

Very good machine for the money

I bought this Swedish design Taiwan made machine to my wife. She have played around and test the machine for weeks now, she do follow the instruction from manual...like nor run the machine when use needle threader... so no problem at all. We have been back to the shop where I bought it and they are very helpful with any hints you need. The shop Sunlit Blooms, Townsville, N.Q. have been very nice and friendly to us.
Great machine for the money. Easy to use.

Easy to use!

I am a beginner, and as soon as I started using the Husqvarna Emerald, I felt like I was a professional. Compared my past experiences with sewing machines, I have had no tantrums with it and the manual guide is very easy to read and comprehend.
inexpensive, reliable, easy to use
Absolutely nothing!