Husqvarna TS 342

Husqvarna TS 342

See the Best Ride-On Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Product is used:
    • Weekly (2)

Joel A

Joel AGippsland, VIC

Perfect for our needs on 6 acres

Purchased in May 2019 at Husqvarna Dealer.

Product is used: Weekly

Mike

MikeGreat Southern, WA

Husqvarna TS342

Had my mower for about 12 months and done 80 hours. No issues in that time. Starts, runs, cuts and generally operates very well. No complaints. Kawasaki engine has enough power for my requirements - mix of lawn and paddock mowing.

Purchased in February 2018 for $5,499.00.

Product is used: Weekly
aaron

aaronGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Consider other options

Purchased in January 2018 for $6,000.00.

Annoyed Albert

Annoyed AlbertGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bucket of expensive unreliable crap

Not the best comfort. Bit rough.. had a new skirt put on after bending the other. My fault . Brackets holding the diff , still not arrived after waiting nearly 3 months. Being a contractor , this machine is losing me a lot of money. Struggling to make ends meet now. Motor , strong as a ox, reliable... I would never buy another one. This is my 3rd one. Very disappointed . Overpriced, parts backup....poor,,,,parts expensive..

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Not happy

Not happyBrisbane

Bucket of crap

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Barnzy

BarnzyTauranga

So dissapointed

New transmission/ difflock after 8 hrs, lights stop working after 20 hours, steering wheel came off, wash down attachment vibrated into two pieces, difflock stopped dis-engaging after 40 hours, lost drive after 60 hours as entire bracket/pulley assembly broke off. All my paddocks are flat and seemed no issue for my 15 year old MTD of over 1000 hours.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

My 55 hours

At first it went uphill like a rocket compared to my previous Husquvarna (850 hours which thankfully I have still kept). Sadly over time the new mower as lost the power to go up the 45 Degree embankment it once conquered'.
Gets so far and screeches without and wheel movement. Sounds like a gear failure. Can only use on a fat surface now. Back to the dealer next week. See how we go??

Date PurchasedJan 2017

carlos

carloscairns

Comfortable, Easy operation Let down by Husqvarna dealer delivery

Not even 1 Hour of operation and both cutter deck spindle bearings failed, really loud screaching noise had to shut it down. On inspection spindle housings were so hot I could not touch them, this was the first time brand new mower was used to cut a manicured lawn so it was not hard work that killed the bearings, very poor quality. I took it back to dealer the next day they told me that they would order the parts and repair it, 4 days later I picked it up again ! Tested as soon as I got home All good, but don't know for how long ? Should Have got a Deere

Chimborazo

ChimborazoAU

Ok, but not the best mow quality.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

See all Husqvarna TS 300 Series reviews

1017  road

1017 roadasked

ts342 cutter belts-original replaced-at my cost- after 13 hrs -broke today 23 hrs so far-new cost $55 -cost me $5/hr so far to mow anyone else having this problem --apart from this problem no worries so far

Robasked

Had my TS 342 for 7 months and happy with the mowing quality and general features. Seat fabric has cracked on two seats, first replaced after 3 months and second, replaced on warranty, cracked after 6 weeks. Dealer says its the way im sitting on it. I need to step up onto foot plates and sit down squarely without working the seat upholstery in a damaging fashion. Has anyo ee else had this problem? Is it just me? Or is that response from the dealer as bizarre as it sounds???

J.T.
J.T.

I always step up then sit on it.
I never shift into the seat sideways. You find the seat itself is quite flimsy, wobbly. I wonder if it is meant to be like that or just bad design.

Rob

Hi JT, thats what the dealer said, step up onto the foot plates then sit down. I have a walking issue so it means stepping up and sitting down is not so easy so i tend to put one foot up and slide onto the seat but not heavily because i can lift up with the grab bar. I'm thinking its a fault with the seat material because for crying out loud, it shouldn't matter how you put your bum on a seat on a tractorr/mower. They are work horses that should be designed for a little hard use. Even the new seat material looked brittle and ready to crack. The owner of the dealership originally said it was to do with toxic fumes in the garage corroding the plastic. Then his mechanic came up with the aforementioned pearler. Everything else seems to be lasting ok buts its only been 60 hours. I think they are built, designed and costed with the backyard user in mind. We have a small 5 acre holding with lots of mowing. Maybe should have spent the dollars and gone for a commercial grade qnd not husquvana.

Emperor Zurg
Emperor Zurg

hi rob , sorry to hear about your seat issues . I've had the ts352 for over 12 months now and my seat is showing no signs of cracking or wear . It's done Approx 120 hours and I weigh approx 92kg. I've jumped all over this machine and the kids and dog have too. Essentially , the damage itself on the seat ,if you look at it from a forensic perspective ,should tell you plenty about the cause of it - location of cracking / damage , appearance of vinyl, is vinyl sun worn or chemical worn ,is it a cheap inferior product, is seat sitting level? , do u use cleaning products on seat ? What do they contain ? Your weight ? Is seat mounted correctly from factory? Just a few things to ponder . On another note, 5 acres for this machine is quite a big ask . If you can go a commercial machine though I guarantee you'll never wipe the smile off your face as you breeze through 5 acres in no time .
Happy mowing

Get an answer from our members and Husqvarna representatives