Husqvarna TS 348

Husqvarna TS 348

See the Best Ride-On Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Product is used:
    • Weekly (2)

Taylor

TaylorGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The best mower ive ever had

This mower will chew through the long grass in a paddock, but it also gives you an amazing finish on your precious lawn around the house. Mighty power and great finish, solid and reliable, had it 2.5 years now and not a days trouble with it

Purchased in June 2017 for $6,299.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Functionality
Hill / Slope Performance
Turning
Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance

Worst lawn mower

This mower was only good for the first year. The second year the Kohler engine had multiple issues. I had the mower serviced at the dealership that I purchased it at and had more problems then before. Do not purchase a Husqvarna mower with a Kohler engine.

Purchased in April 2018 at Anderson Outdoor Power.

Product is used: Weekly
Functionality
Hill / Slope Performance
Turning
Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance

Great choice and upgrade from the chain store options.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Anne

AnneGeelong

Was a great mower until the problems started!

We had this mower for about 8 months before receiving a letter saying it was recalled due to the fuel line being located to close to the blade and causing issues. Prior to this is was great until we started getting more use after clearing the front of our yard up and being able to mow there the blade being so low was catching on roots given our land isn’t flat. Would say go for it if you have a flat block. Would avoid if there’s ditches or roots or uneven surface. Be careful and do your research.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

early days

First 10 hours done and I could not be happier. Sure there are a couple of nuts that need tightening which the first service will sort out- but the cut quality-speed-traction and power are all exemplary- used to have a JD but can't see me going back. Very comfortable, feels higher than the JD 110 but isn't. the only thing I would change is the fuel tank indicator- but thankfully the reserve proved more than enough to get me out of trouble.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

TS348 - large repairs after 27.8 hours!

After only 27.8 hours of use in a house yard, all three spindles needed replacing. The centre blade had the bolt snap, it did not hit anything. After 27.8 hours of use, we needed 3 new blades and three new spindles and a new blade bolt. Mowers owned by us before this had done 100's of hours, on the same yard. Never did we replace a spindle, let alone three.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

J.T.

J.T.Perth WA

Can't complain

Bought this about several months ago, used it over grass on gravelly ground. It did the job.
As the block has shrub and scrub growing out again, i just went over it and it looked neat.
So far so good. I wished it moved faster when not cutting so can get around quicker but its not a complain.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

See all Husqvarna TS 300 Series reviews

Dennis K.

Dennis K.asked

I have to have slight pressure on the forward motion pedal when engaging the mower deck drive, which causes the mower to begin moving at the same time. If not the mower stalls and have to restart. Is this an adjustment issue or???????????

BRAD S.

BRAD S.asked

Why does my brand new $3K ''TS348D'' with the 48'' clear-cut fab deck leave a strip of hardly-cut grass right down the center? The deck was adjusted to the "T"per the manuf.,and double checked by myself.No upside down blade,either-I'm not an idiot so don't even try.Will someone even remotely admit a poor deck design ?

G’day Brad ,
From what I found out from our husky mechanic , it s in the adjustment of the deck....needs to be on level surface with just a tad of lift at the front of the deck so as to create a vacuum to the grass. Revs need to be flat knacker. You ll also notice a roller at the front that has a bolt and 2 adjustment nuts. It is not the best design , however , with some trail and error , I have mine pretty close. Also if the grass is wet or quiet long , you may have to go over it again. Grab a set of mulching blades. Since I changed to those , the cut has improved. I think they are called Gator . There is a bit on YouTube .....swapping to Gator blades on my Husqvana Nov 20. 2016. One thing to be wary of....if you do install the Mulching blades. Checkthat there is clearance between the 2 blades where they meet. I had to shave of a bit on the blades... not much though. If you are unsure....Consult your Husqvana dealer or a licensed Mechanic at a Reputable Mower Shop. I think it is a poor deck design.

Hope this helps

Kevinasked

Considering a purchase of a 348.
We have 2 acres and a dressage arena. Wanting to tow a grader over the arena.
Yes or no and what speed does the 348 do.?
Thanks for any advice

Barnzy
Barnzy

Hi Kevin, I have long since rid myself of that machine. I cannot give you an exact speed, but it is pretty slow and has very little torque for towing. Essentially its a toy and will last if treated as such. I have recently purchased a 22 year old Iseki SG17, probably sounds crazy to you, but I can honestly say its the best investment I have made in a long time, it's absolutely bullet proof and tows my heavy car trailer with ease. Alternately my neighbour has recently purchased an 18 year old Husqvarna, I am unsure of the model, but he uses it primarily for towing and says the same thing....the older models were better. Hope this helps.Cheers.

Kevin

Thanks for all the info. Need to reconsider

Get an answer from our members and Husqvarna representatives