Hustler Raptor

FR651V (42"), FR691V (52")
See the Best Ride-On Mowers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Hustler? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.2
  • Turning

Rolf in Melbourne
Rolf in MelbourneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent mower

We purchased this mower to replace a Greenfield Fastcut 32. We should have purchased a zero turn years ago, it is fantastic. We mow approx 2 acres of paddock rather than lawn and it literally has halved our mowing time and is more comfortable and less tiring to use. Is easy to service and maintain with plenty of manuals and guides available online. Great investment.

Purchased in January 2021.

Happy GardenerSouthwest, VIC

Worth the money

Purchased in September 2020 for $7,900.00.

Other Ride-On Mowers

Very disappointed with my Raptor SD 54"

Purchased in June 2019 for $8,000.00.

Ride-On Mowers

Find out how Hustler Raptor compares to other Ride-On Mowers

The deck is a complete junk!!!

They had a recall out on a bolt falling out, dealer didn't fix it. Deck fell off and actually tore the cheap metal and horrible welds they used. Over 3k and refused to warranty anything. Never did fix the left/right control to get it straight. Nearly every year this junk needs deck work without ending. Just junk, two years old and scrap other than the motor, which thankfully they didn't make.

Purchased in July 2018 for $3,000.00.

RyanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Needs more power

Purchased in June 2019 for $7,500.00.

Stuart Mortimer
Stuart MortimerPerth, WA

Hustler Raptor HD 36"

Just bought the Hustler 36"....love it....the drive and steering is strong and preceise, the cut is awesome, and it is so much faster than my old lawn tractor. Cant wait to use it in my new mowing business

Purchased in July 2019 at armadale mower world for $7,000.00.

Chris
ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome machine

Purchased in May 2019.

Stewart's handyman servi
Stewart's handyman serviFar North Queensland, QLD

Wrapped with my raptor

I make my living mowing lawns, the raptor has cut my time at each property by a lot (I was using a lawn tractor). I keep the blades sharpened for a professional finish and am really pleased with the results
I ended up getting the “sd” as it’s built tougher and has serviceable hydrostatic drives
With the 3 year warranty it was a no brainer.

Purchased in January 2019 for $7,499.00.

Other Ride-On Mowers

Mark Keenan
Mark KeenanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Tough as nails , best ride on I have used

I have been mowing with the Hustler Raptor 42" for well over 2 years now and it has not let me down. It took a little while to get used to the steering but now it is quite intuitive and is fantastic around trees and garden borders. The fabricated heavy duty deck is indicative of the build quality, bits don't fall off, this was an ongoing issue with previous lighter gauged pressed deck ride on mowers I've had in the past. Just be mindful that due to the transmission configuration these mowers are not designed to tow heavy loads

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Ride-On Mowers

Find out how Hustler Raptor compares to other Ride-On Mowers

Margal
Margal

Best mower I ever had!!!

I have own a Hustler Sport for the last 5 years, is the entry model now longer made but replaced by the Raptor. My mowing time for the of my acreage is now 3.5 hours from almost 5. I have replaced the standard seat with a suspension one, is kinder on my back!! It has been a super machine, has given me no trouble at all I have replaced a set of blades and a deck belt in the whole of 5 years. Uses no oil and fuel consumption is also very good. A fantastic machine that I truly recommend!!

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Laurie - Wakerley
Laurie - Wakerley

Halve your mowing time with a Zero Turn

Date PurchasedDec 2017
David
DavidHobart

Best thing ever!

The Hustler Raptor 42" has been a real time saver for me. I had the old Victa push around mower for a long time so bit the bullet and bought this and now the lawns are mowed so fast its great!! Powerful enough to cut long grass and good around tight spaces. I have had it about 9 months now and spent a lot of time comparing and researching all the models available and decided on this one. So easy to use my 11yo son often mows the lawns. Very comfortable ride and economical so very happy with the purchase.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Bantam_Pilot
Bantam_PilotCentral Queensland, QLD

Excellent quality ride-on

jackasked
Raptor

Can I sharpen easily the blades myself? If yes how? Thanks.

Happy Gardener

Yes you can sharpen your own blades. Raise the deck to it's highest setting to give you access to the bolt which secures the center of the blade, prevent the blade from turning and with a spanner or socket remove the bolt to release the blade. Sharpen as required and replace. Be careful when sharpening the blade especially with a grinder that you don't overheat the blade and remove the temper in the steel. If you remove the temper it will soften the steel and causing it to become dull more quickly and require sharpening more often. Hope this helps.

Thank you Happy Gardener. This is very helpful. Cheers, Jack

Steven g
Steven gasked
Raptor

Machine shut down while i was mowing, wont start no power at key. Has the battery failed.oils and fuel all good.

Chris S.
Chris S.asked
Raptor

Very loud transmission how to service, I live in the Bush. Thanks Chris.

Compare both Hustler Raptor
Horsepower21.5 hp23 hp
Max Speed10.5 km/hr10.5 km/hr
Reverse Speed6.4 km/hr6.4 km/hr
Dimensions 990 x 1040 x 1854.2 mm990 x 1040 x 1850 mm
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)
Engine / Motor
Engine NameKawasaki FR651V 4-Stroke 726cc 21.5hpKawasaki FR691V 4-Stroke 726cc 23hp
Engine Type4-Stroke4-Stroke