6Hyundai Sonata

• +6Thumbnail
GaryC
GaryCGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC8 posts

Hyundai Sonata 2017 Elite 2.0T

I have owned my Hyundai Sonata Elite 2017 since new. with just under 200,000km on it, with only 2 challenges along the journey. The Multimedia screen stopped working, and cost $1500 to replace. Have since found out there is a company in Keysborough which fixes them. My Turbo started making bad noises, and have had it replaced. Mainly open road and motorway driving, the economy and power has exceeded my expectations. I do make sure my car is serviced every 7,500Kms, as close as I can get to it..... Show details
Kia
KiaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Engine replaced at 100k kms

Whole Engine needed to be replaced at 100k kms, Hyundai would only cover the cost of parts. Show details
Ian B.
Ian B.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts
Richard W.
Richard W.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Exceeds expaectations, great value

I purchased a Sonata NLine as a company car. I wanted a large sedan, not an SUV, and it was replacing a 300,000km 2004 Sonata V6. Fuel economy as I use it is exceptional, averaging 6-7l/100km. And I do occaisionally use the 315kW, but I'm primarily semi rural driving, not inner city crawl. It is a shame it cannot be fitted a towbar in Australia. Hyundai does not supply one, and there are no after market supplies either. (As at October 2022) I could import one from the USA but it may void warranty and insurance, as it would not be ADR approved. I'd prefer better hi beams for country night driving, but cannot (yet) work out how to put driving lights on without upsetting the front camera and parking sensors. Show details
Boot Size
Reza
RezaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts
  N Line

Amazing car powerful lots features

But it's hard to find accessories for this model.
There is no floor mat or boot liner designed for this car.
I found a 3d floor mat which I have to cut some parts.
Ricky C.
Ricky C.5 posts

Awesome Car!!

This car beats some of Mercedes E-class and BMW 5 series cars easily in terms of Power, Torque, Luxury Features, Technology, Safety … and guess what with a price tag of about 50% of what you pay for German giants . Show details
Fuel Efficiency
  Fair Incentive N Line
Mr Delicious
Mr DeliciousSydney, NSW2 posts
  LF Premium

If youre reading this and doing research, congratulations you have hit the jackpot

Purchased A 2016 LF3 (MY17) Premium. Woooooooowsers in my trousers people.
Have been driving a 15yr old Honda Accord Euro for eternity. Getting in the Sonata is like driving to work in a comfortable space ship. Cant recommend this car enough. I find excuses daily to drive to the shops just so I can drive the car.

Averaging 8.2 L / 100km freeway
10L in Sydney traffic
Quiet like a mouse
Fast as a shoplifter
Comfortable like a cloud. Stinking hot outside, yet I have seat coolers blowing cold air up my bum - you beauty.
After reading every online review about this car I was hesitant. Dont listen to those sooks. The car is amazing. Show details

Mick
MickGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC17 posts
  LF Active

Great car well built

Love my Hyundai being a qualified mechanic there extremely well built great seating position nice car to drive excellent on fuel coming from a commodore.
10 years ago wouldn’t have looked at Hyundai but there a fantastic car now and great warranty as well definitely a car to be considered to Toyota ect Show details
Overall
Noise Level
Tony Walsham
Tony Walsham2 posts
  LF Premium
Scott
ScottSouth East Queensland, QLD
  LF

Issues with in dash radio / satnav display

I purchased this car new in early 2016. Within 6 months I had to bring it in to the local Hyundai Service Centre as the in-car display stopped working. They ended up replacing it with a new display as it was covered by the warranty. I have just been to the service centre again (April 2019) because the display has once more stopped working. I am now being told it will need replacing again and I will have to pay for its new replacement - and its installation, - as the faulty display is outside of its 3 year warranty. NOT IMPRESSED HYUNDAI. Show details
Ritchy
RitchySudbury6 posts

2014 Hyundai Sonata

Best car I have ever owned and I have had a Honda Accord and a Toyota Corolla

This car is problem free. It has good pick up as a manumatic. It is a reliable car that has not let me down.

I drive about 15k per year and do the regular maintenance. It is comfortable and I enjoy taking it out, either on long rides or as a daily commuter.

I am a six footer and don't feel cramped or cut off by the windshield. I just set the cruise control and put on the cool AC and just travel down the road on ECO mode.

Sudbury Hyundai can be expensive so I bought my own brake shoes and rotors and got Canadian Tire to put them on for 500 bucks. A lot better price than the 1,200 Sudbury Hyundai quoted me.

Ritchy Dubé

Show details

Brian
BrianPerth, WA11 posts
  LF

My second Sonata so much room for tall people

This 2015 Sonata is the second Sonata I've had, Just so comfortable to drive also very economical to run overall. I'm very tall and I have so much room and not feeling cramped like i am in some other larger vehicles. A lot of features like all newer cars but i'm very impressed with car, i would recommend any model Sonata for everyone.

Show details

Steve
Steve · N Line (2021-2024)

I have a June 2021 Sonata N Line, only 40,000 and driven by my wife who is in her 50's and just been told we need new front brake rotors and pads which seems incredibly soon. Has anyone else had an issue with this in this model?

Peter . H
Peter . H · N Line (2021-2024)

Does the Sonata NLINE have just a single warning light for low tyre pressure , or has it got the car display showing in the centre of the instrument cluster with the 4 tyres showing and the individual pressure numbers ? Thanks Regards Peter Hall

peter h.
peter h. · N Line (2021-2024)

Hello i have a 2022 Sonata Nline , can someone please tell me if it has the TPMS for the 4 tires showing on the instrument cluster , and if so how do i bring it up as despite searching have had no luck finding it . I believe it should have it ? Hyundai HQ have not been much help . Thanks regards Peter . H !

Compare all Hyundai Sonata listings
Fuel Tank Capacity 60 L70 L70 L70 L
EngineSmartStream G2.5 T-GDi4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.4L
Engine CodeG4KP
Max Power213kW @ 5800rpm180kW @ 6000rpm180kW @ 6000rpm138kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque422Nm @ 1650-4000rpm350Nm @ 1400-4000rpm353Nm @ 1350-4000rpm241Nm @ 4000rpm
Boot Capacity510 L
Country of ManufactureSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth Korea
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,400 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)700 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Dimensions