Subaru Liberty

Subaru Liberty

4GEN, 5GEN, 6GEN, etc...

See the Best Sedans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

ests

estsAU

Satisfied

After 4 years and 64,000 klms, I am still happy with my Liberty. The fuel economy is even getting better with the more klms I do. Open hwy regularly getting 6.3- 6.8 ltrs per 100 klms. My "only dislike" is the cheap clunk when closing the boot. So if that is the worst thing, yes, I am happy. Currently looking for replacing my Dunlop Max 050 tyres. Any recommendations?

Purchased in May 2015 at Subaru Dealers.

ChrisR

ChrisRSydney, NSW

Best car on the road

I've had my beast for 9 years and its still going strong. It has been regularly serviced and the interior is as good as it was the day it came home,and that's with dogs regularly on board. I can confidently drive on the open road, its fast acceleration keeps me out of trouble when overtaking on hills and cruise control makes open road driving a breeze. The rear seats fold down to take extra long loads when required. It's just done a weekend in the bush, give adults and two dogs, all rode comfortably. Highly recommend the Subaru Liberty to anyone for any purpose.

Purchased in August 2009.

Year2009

tgweshi

tgweshi

CVT Issues

My 2015 Liberty's CVT gearbox has shuddering, slipping and is jerky as reported by other owners. The torque converter fails to lock up most of the time leaving me with no power. Likely a problem with the torque converter itself or solenoids (many similar problems in American Legacys). Local Subaru service department gave me the runaround for years. Traded the car for something more reliable. Very disappointed.

Purchased in June 2015 for $32,000.00.

Briony

BrionyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I love my Liberty

I love my Liberty. Stylish and sophisticated with more safety features than you can poke a stick at. It drives and handles beautifully, particularly In wet condition. It is zippy enough for me to buzz around the city, and big enough to comfortably accomodate the whole family. The boot is quite big. Great for all of the shopping or kids stuff. Fuel economy is quite reasonable too.

Purchased in October 2016.

Ed1234

Ed1234Perth, WA

CVT delay

Transmission has a 2 second delay when engaging from reverse to drive. This is how it works from new. In my view this a serious defect and could be dangerous as i didnt know about it and almost hit a car when it rolled back at the shops.

Purchased in February 2016 at Subaru melvile for $30,000.00.

Interceptor GT

Interceptor GTGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not entirely convinced...

Purchased in July 2018 for $48,000.00.

Year2018

Linda

LindaSydney, NSW

Love my car, great handling and great features

Purchased in November 2016 for $40,000.00.

Charbel

CharbelSydney, NSW

Love the subaru liberty

2008 subaru liberty has plenty of power leather seats sunroof luxury edition popular car very smooth on roads steering wheel is smooth as well I clean my cars one a week always protected with wax the liberty's will not let you down

Purchased in January 2019 for $4,000.00.

BoughtUsed
Year2008
Narelle

NarelleMelbourne

Great car. Really quite impressed.

Purchased in February 2018 at Subaru Dealers.

Year2018
Daniel

DanielSydney, NSW

Solid, reliable car

This has been a great vehicle overall. It's comfortable and reliable and very easy to drive. The features are plentiful and I've never had a problem with it. 6 month servicing is annoying and the fuel economy isn't great around town. I'd definatley recommend a Subaru however. The AWD system is excellent and the car feels like it's glued to the road

Purchased in August 2015 for $35,500.00.

Waynos Beaunos

Waynos BeaunosSouth East Queensland, QLD

Really amazing car

I was given this car after having to leave my Mercedes with my ex.

Best thing ever, sticks to the road, entertaining to drive (love Awd now), and surprisingly quick (mid range) also good on fuel.

I should be replacing her, but why, she never misses a beat

Oh the tiny battery has been an issue (once) but hey small issue in a great car

BadgeOutback
Date PurchasedAug 2017

Reliable car

Badge2.5i
Date PurchasedMay 2010

Bob D.

Bob D.SYDNEY

An absolute delight to drive!

BadgeHeritage

BadgeGT Premium
Date PurchasedJul 2010
Steven. R

Steven. R

A real great car for its time!

I love Subaru’s & when I was looking for one I was looking for the WRX at the time. While searching I found these awesome rides. Kind of like the luxury version of one I chose it due to having all leather interior (STi stitched), momo steering wheel, sunroof, climate control plus it was the STi model & looked sexy as. So I chose this 6 speed weapon & I am overall very happy with it. It had great legroom for me, a nice sounding turbo, great suspension package & awesome rims. The sound system is amazing for a stock one too! The only thing is I wished it had a slightly more throaty exhaust but apart from that (which can be modified) is overall a really good car :D

BadgeGT Tuned By STI

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Sophie W

Sophie WAU

Perfect

Good car and easy to drive, really cheap on fuel. Subarus are good cars because they are all wheel drive. I feel safe when I'm driving in the car and it's a reliable car to get you where you need to go, not much to fault on this car very happy

BadgeSport Edition
Engine Size3.0
Date PurchasedJan 2016

Jake

JakeMelbourne

Beautiful and fun car to drive - excellent power

I have had this car for 6 months and it has been nothing but a pleasure to drive. I have not had a single issue with the car, except that i drive more enthusiastically which uses more petrol! the spec-b suspension is unbelievable. Interior looks modern and up to date even though it is 10 years old design. The mcintosh sound system is OK, i installed a parrot bluetooth to add bluetooth experience.

BadgeGT Spec.B
Date PurchasedJun 2017

iBennyz

iBennyzMelbourne

Perfect first car, very reliable

This is my first car and I love it. As the vehicle is AWD, it creates a smooth and controlled driving experience, in addition to that, the cruise control function makes driving so much easier. The interior and cosmetics of the car has a modern feel despite being a MY05 model. Unfortunately there is no bluetooth or AUX audio function, however with two cigarette lighter ports, it allows me to use a FM tuner to play music through my mobile device. It's current running cost is $55-$65 a full tank which usually lasts 1.5 weeks with day to day commutes. I've owned this car for over a month now and have had no problems.

BadgeSafety Pack
Date PurchasedDec 2017

Sonny

Sonny

Pleasure to drive

We didn't know what car we wanted to replace our Ford Escape? Subaru had a pretty good deal on a car I hadn't considered. The test drive and sales man was rather good and we decided on the suburu liberty. This was exciting but we never imagined how awesome it would be until it was ours and we got to drive it permanently. It's smooth, quiet and powerful enough to be zip yet a rather decent sized car. We are a family of 5! Very spacious for what appears to be a small car. AWD once you've had if I don't think you'd ever want to go back, very happy customer !

Badge2.5i