XV70, XV10, XV20, XV30, XV40 and XV50

great car

i brought a 2001 v6 camry 12 years ago changed the timing belt at 150.00 now has 400,000 klm on it never a ploblem the belt has done 220klm still running cost more than the cars worth to change the belt and water pump its been every place has dints hail damage still going mechanics would be out of bushiness if all cars were this good will drive it until the belt brake and give it away best car i have ever owned now my son has it for 6 years never even changed the plugs he paid 500 of me and he has done 100,000 plus with it great value for your money still drives great .

Purchased in January 2004 at Pickles Auctions for $7,000.00.

Noise Level
Interior Design
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Touring wagon is an everlasting gem

Every once in a while there was an amazing car loved by all. The touring wagon was the Darling of the Camry Mvc20 range. Simply utterly dependable and good looking to boot. Toyota made the best wagon for the masses, galvanized body and all. They just don't rust like the commodores and falcons. 1MZ engine is smooth, powerful and when well serviced can do well over 350K no worries at all. Regular oil changes is the key. Only real issues with them are the suspension tower bushes front and rear, cam timing belts are expensive to change and do the water pump too above 200K. Cooling fluid tanks corrode (plastic) and front brakes need regular checks. Otherwise, drive and enjoy. Had 5 of them and loved them all, manual or auto. Super good cars, typical Toyota reliability.

Purchased in January 2004 for $16,000.00.

Noise Level
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Excellent car

One of the best cars i have ever driven,excellent in comfort,power,fuel economy,stability,its out of this world the body shape is similar to a lexus and being black makes it look slick,I would fully recommend this to be your next family car,and the price is just excellent for a Hybrid Acent

BadgeAscent
Date PurchasedApr 2018

Best car I have ever owned

Live in a regional area; this car is comfortable I pick it up in Canberra and drove all the way home to Qld it felt like true comfort style. A buzz to drive. I love it. It is economical on the open road, I can get 4.5 to 5.9 litres per 100km and around town on a bad day 6.9.
The staff at Nambour Toyota are fantastic and the whole system with serving is great.

BadgeHybrid
Date PurchasedJun 2018

A simple, affordable and reliable car

This is the best car I could buy for my budget (for around $27 000). No problems so far. Good fuel economy. Spacious interior and boot. Service cost also is reasonable under the capped price servicing option. Only problem I have is front bumper is too low and would rub against some driveways.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Toyota Camry Ascent Sport 2018

We purchased this car for my sister as she is expecting a new baby and her previous car, a 2000 Honda Accord, was getting on in age. She was particular about not getting a SUV so were were limited in choice to a traditional sedan, which we soon found out there were minimal options. After a few months of research we decided on the new era Camry Ascent which is the first generation to be produced in Japan. It has all the safety features you can ask for, lovely interior styling and plenty of room. Unfortunately the major drawback we didn’t even consider, nor did the manufacturer or anyone else, was that a capsule for the baby cannot be fitted in the back seat. This is because the head rests are not removable or adjustable as they are formed as part of the entire back seat. This means the strap that hooks on the rear parcel shelf is at risk of slipping off the head rest and loosing tension. We spoke with Toyota and they refused to assist advising that they cannot be expected to design their cars for all aftermarket products. I feel that this is unacceptable as they are marketed as a family sedan. Maxi Cosi, the producer of the capsule, advised they have not had this issue before and after some research advised that their product nor any competitors product could be fitted in the Camry due to the design of the rear seats and headrest. We have been advised that in the future there are certain car seats that can be fitted however that won’t be an option for my sister unitil the baby is 6-8 months old. In summary a great value car for the money, however it not suitable for the main reason for our purchase. I’ll keep this updated with our progress.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Camry Hybrid not worth extra for fuel saving

Car used a lot as we live in rural area. Specs say fuel consumption is quoted for city driving. We get 5.8 litres per 100km. A lot of cars now achieve that without being Hybrid. Car is classy and comfortable and reliable. However, 3 years warranty is too short and capped service up to75000 is mean. Also, you have to pay about $160 to update the Navigation system . The cost of the car was $42000 and I would have expected updates to be free. Car purchased in 2016 and no problems at all but would not buy a Toyota again as they are too mean.

BadgeAtara SL
Date PurchasedJun 2016

Boring but comfortable to drive, nice to look at and cheap to run- sensible choice

So if you're looking at hybrids the main trade off is excitement, unless you're spending hundreds of thousands on a super car. However, Toyota has come to the party and the face lift of the current gen XV70 line of Camrys is really turning heads. I actually have people walking past my car and stopping to have a look.

I purchased the SL for $42k in the ACT and for the price there really is so many features which make a comfortable driving experience. I now won't be able to live without a HUD in any of my future cars! So good features, nice to look at but the drive is good enough but as you'd expect it doesn't have enough punch to elicit any sort of excitement. The excitement comes when you look at the fuel usage, and after around 5000km I am running at under 5.5L/100km which is putting a few extra dollars in the pocket. Fixed price service averaging $195 a year for the first five years also makes this car seem even more economical.

So if you want to save some money I'd recommend not going down the Euro path and pop into a dealership and take one of the Camry hybrids for a spin. It might surprise you.

BadgeSL
Date PurchasedSep 2018

Camry Ascent Sport Hybrid

What a fantastic car. The Hybrid comes in three modes; Eco, Normal & Sport but has grunt in all three modes. I just clocked up 1000kms but driven city and country without any issues.
Very comfortable and and excellent replacement to my 2013 Camry Hybrid which I just gave to my son.
The GPS, driver assists and styling of the car is excellent and is by far the best car I've ever driven. There are even alerts for Red light / speed cameras and school zones. Eco displays and lane departure warnings are good too.

BadgeHybrid
Date PurchasedNov 2018

Quentissential from A to B car.

Bought mine at 200,000 (3L 1mz v6) So far, Its up to 270,000. Absolutely no issues. Comfortable car to drive and extremely reliable. I have used any old oil to date and only performed common everyday maintenance.

Somewhat of a boring vehicle if you are looking for a Paul Walker experience.

Good points are that its reliable, decent on fuel, solid vehicle, alot of space etc.

Bad points, a tad boatish, and can be a really boring car at times when you see people fly past in sports cars and the like.

BadgeConquest
Date PurchasedJan 2016

The only car you will ever need

The best car you could own. Just bought my first car a few months ago and I couldn’t be happier that it is a Camry. The car drive so great, it is very spacious and the trunk space is mega. My sister and I are loving it. The only car you need

BadgeHybrid H
Date PurchasedAug 2018

Best car I've ever had. I want for nothing and it always gives me a smooth, safe and dependable driv

I use the car twice a week for short journeys and not one glitch at all in the 2 years I've had it. Great looking car and the 2nd Camry I've owned. No complaints with the 1996 Camry Vienta I had before this vehicle. Toyota Camry - I wouldn't blink in recommending it to anyone.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Good for seat but not really good for drive

I usually use my Camry V6 for travelling on highway, which is from Brisbane to Gold Coast, I've driven this car for almost 7 months and I reckon that every time I got 3 passengers with me they are satisfied with their leg room and such, it's comfort for seating but driving this car is a bit tired. The steering is so heavy that I found it tired to drive when parking, and the steering is shaking when driving on the highway. But the good point of this car is it got enough power to drive on highway, and it doesn't need much maintenance.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Best car in the world

I bought a 1999 Camry manual for $1,500 with 255,000 on the odo and I Use it for short city drive and long highway drive and never misses a beat. It’s my everyday commute. I Change the oil and oil filter with 5w30 semi synthetic every 6,000km and engine is like butter so smooth. Bought 2 tyres for the front from a wreckers for $25 each including the rims. Ac is cool as ice and heater is warm in winter. If anyone wants 2 cars in a family, the 2nd car should definitely be a Camry as it is 100% reliable and long lasting. My wife has Holden Barina 2009 hatchback which has 1000 problems one after another but my cheap and old Camry is there on my good days and my worst days by my side.

BadgeCSi
Engine Size2.2
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedOct 2017

Amazing economical family sedan

A very cheap second car to purchase, very cost effective on maintenance and parts. Was an easy car to service and like I said parts were very available and cheap.

Being the 6 cylinder it had a good amount of grunt and was excellent towing trailers. Would definitely recommend this as a family sedan.

BadgeCSX
Date PurchasedMay 2015

Love it

I was looking for something big enough for travels and cheap enough for small runs. My ateva has been fantastic and so lovely to drive! I wish I had bought a Camry in the past! Love my car so much!! Cheap to run and fill and fuel lasts me a long time!! Beautuful car

BadgeAteva
Engine Size4cylinder
Date PurchasedJul 2018

GPS hoax

I think most of you will be as staggered to know as I that Toyota only issue map updates for there in car GPS once every 3 years. It comes with safety camera alerts, school zones, etc. My wife has a Ford Mondeo which has free lifetime maps updated yearly. How many changes to these and to road layouts happen over 3 years. Thank God I have my Tomtom. Also the GPS in the Camry is too hard to navigate through its latout compared to portable GPS units. And then Toyota want to charge the same price as it would cost to buy a new portable GPS to update their maps every 3 years. Also, this was previously easily done via an SD card on previous models but that is not an option anymore. The dealer must do it. You’ll quickly get sick of the woman’s voice telling you about school zone warnings. You get one message when approaching, one when you enter and one when you leave the school zone. Tomtom can tell the time when school zones are active but Camry can’t so you get these 3 warning messages 24/7. Toyota, I am losing the feeling.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Camry Hybrid

Best car I have ever owned. It has never given us problem since we purchased it in 2015. It is very fuel efficient (5.5L/100km) and zippy. It has now 100k on the clock and still going well as Day 1. Most reliable car with low service cost. I just wish Camry's seat was bit more comfortable and electronics look out-dated.The interiors is quite sad looking just like me!

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Toyota, hang your head in shame

Our Atara S was our third Camry having previously owned a 2005 Camry Altise and still own a 2007 Camry Sportivo (which has been fantastic). Our Atara S was inferior to the previous model: the auto used to always be hunting up and down even if driving at constant speed, the diff clunked like an old Commodore whenever downshifting and the fuel 'economy' was terrible (couldn't even get 10lt per 100km on the highway and drank 13-15lt per 100km around town - my brothers V8 SS Commodore was better than this. Then there were the build quality issues: dashboard made a constant wrinkly-plasticy kind of rattle right across the firewall. After constant visits to the dealership over the period of warranty Toyota couldn't come up with a fix and we ended up having to involve Consumer Affairs, and even then they couldn't fix it. Had ongoing problems with the keyless entry system and the last straw was the steering wheel and brake pedal locking up resulting in the car needing towing. Had the Atara for 3 years and never had an opportunity to enjoy it as we were constantly taking it back to the dealership and in the end couldn't get rid of it quick enough. Based on the poor build quality and Toyota Australia's dismissive attitude towards the cars issues will never buy another Toyota.

BadgeAtara S
Date PurchasedNov 2012

Toyota Camry

Easy to drive, comfortable, lots of space in the back, plenty of room for legs. No noise at all. I like the colour black for the interior with the leather dashboard. Running cost is like 50 a week for petrol which is very economical. Maintenance is simple not too expensive to replace parts.

Engine Size4 cylinder