IGA

IGA

Never again

I have been shopping at I G A ocean reef for years ,I’ve almost always been happy shopping there BUT today I am furious ,i wasn’t doing a shop as I just popped into post office to pay a bill I thought I Would buy some m.n.ms the sign said $3, but at the checkout ,assistant asked for $4 ,I said they are $3 it’s what the sign says ,he said no that’s only for members ,I remember signing up a while ago but thought nothing more about it ,so I said to assistant I am a member ,he said you must have a members card or it’s $4 ,now I saw the sign that offered them for $3 , I did not see anything that said otherwise , I refuse to be bullied into buying something you need a card for ,and I refuse to buy from a store that gives one price to one person and one price to another ,I’m absolutely angry about this I will not shop there ever again ,but I will complain to my MP ,it’s a disgrace ,you need to know what you are doing is offensive and bullying to what was once a very good customer

Store LocationOcean Reef ,wa

IGA Mascot, NSW not honouring ticket price on shelves

IGA Mascot didn’t honour ticketed price on the shelves. Staff claimed the special ended the day before even though the tickets were still on displayed on the shelves. All items I bought on that day were more expensive than the tickets - only realised this when I got home.

Store LocationMascot , NSW

Centre of Excellence for Past Use By Date Products!

Yet again, Bexley IGA lives up to its reputation in selling past use by date products and offering no apology or attempt to remove old stock from shelves.
The Chocolate M&M’s were 6 weeks past their best before date. When pointed out to Manager he offered no explanation, ran away and took no action whatsoever to remove the product from the hangers or mark them accordingly for unsuspecting customers. A quick look at other confectionery identified a number of other products close to or over the use by dates. This store has a history of this and makes no attempt to ensure stock is fresh.

Store LocationBexley NSW

Avoid IGA summer centre Orange nsw

Purchased a tray of Lilydale chicken thighs it was rancid I called spoke to butcher he said return it for refund. Returned chicken to IGA summer centre Orange only to be told to produce ID such as drivers licence for them to record my details even though I had my receipt I found this request extreme so when I declined he become extremely angry and rude. I left store with rancid chicken and referring To IGA corporate office. As most reviews say many product from IGA are rotten

Store LocationIGA SUMMER CENTRE ORANGE NSW

Selling out of date food

I went to purchase milk from my local IGA and noticed that for a second time in less than a month the milk I was purchasing was out of date by 4 days . I notified the store attendant and was told to get another one of the self , to my amaze there were over 5 2L milks that were out of date ranging from 2 days to 4 days !

Store LocationCollaroy Plateau

Fruit and Veg

I have bought fruit and veg from IGA Stratton and havent learnt my lesson yet. It doesnt matter what you buy if it is not off when you get home it is within a day. I only use for convenience as it is close. But bought a tray of basil that was double traded, so weighed more for less. The top basil was fine but the underlying basil was rotten.

Store LocationStratton Supa IGA

DULWICH HILL IGA I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN!!

I am a Dulwich Hill local and I speak in behalf of myself and a large group of the community and want to make aware to other people that the Dulwich Hill IGA is the worst supermarket I have ever shopped at for several different reasons.
1. The staff are pushy, rude and unhelpful.
2. The prices of ALL produce and products are completely over priced and a total rip off.
3. The stock is no different and or better than woolworths and it is roughly 20% more expensive at least.

I shop there for convenience and to support local businesses but after my terrible experience today I can safely say I will NEVER shop there again and I will be sure to let everyone I know to boycott Dulwich Hill IGA as your staff have no customer service skills and your a wrought.

Shame on you Dulwich Hill IGA

Store LocationDulwich Hill

Buying cigarettes

You need to have a register that's not express lane to buy cigarettes , had full shop 4 client, had lined up and paid for same, went to buy cigarettes and told to wait very rudely, buy staff member. If I have to wait twice then I will go thru express line, that sounds fair??? Please change this and be fair, was working and shopping for client I can not waste time as need to get back and prepare night meal, don't live in this area.

Store Locationiga blaxland

Amount of fluid after cooking chicken

Cooked 2 kilos chicken breast and this is the end result !!!! I have never seen so much water post cooking. This was bought at local IGA in Bendigo today. Has any one else seen any thing like this ?

A wonderful revamp of a tired old supermarket - ALL spoiled by an EXTREMELY RUDE Day Manageress

Have a wonderful relationship with all staff at this store which appear to have been selected for their outgoing and friendly personalities and willingness to help - all spoilt by one lame Indian Day Manageress!

Seeing "specials" stickers on many items that had the same everyday price underneath and not displaying the required price per typical 100gms conversion, I decided as I passed by the open (NB: Open) front office door to ask a question.

I noted the day manageress (who was friendly up until the time I dared return an inedible rock melon) who was sitting at her desk in front of a computer screen. I politely knocked loud enough to ensure I was heard but not loud enough to appear rude.

I was ignored. "Excuse me" I said - "when you are ready" & waited.

She slowly turned, looked me up and down several times with a disgusting scowl on her face and said "what are you doing standing in the doorway?"

I said "I simply wanted to ask a few questions but if this the way you treat customers you can go and get stuffed"

She immediately said "Get out of the store or I will call the police!"

I said - fine - call the police then!

This woman is an egomaniac. She likes to pretend she is all powerful and I have seen her walking down the street to the bank with thousands of dollars in her hands inviting someone to help themselves. I even commented to her at the time and afterwards that she shouldn't be tempting fate with other people's money like that.

I have no desire to shop in IGA Guildford ever again! Mark - the part owner has done a wonderful job of turning this shop around but does not return calls. Sad!

Store LocationGuildford IGA

fruit salad

Bought boxed fruit salad today at Romeos IGA Summer Hill. Putrid smelled of penicillin.not acceptable. Where is the fresh fruit salad in deli you used to have? Too $$$ to have a person cut it? This is crap.

New Manager, Pyrmont store, Adrian

Since you change a manager in our store Pyrmont things are change in negative way. He makes everybody intimidated by watching everyone like Police Officer and not doing much work. .We use to have great manager , with a lots of positive energy and great worker.Myself ,friends and people around me sharing same opinion.His name is Adrian age around 70.
Thank you for reading my post.

Store LocationPyrmont

Supamart IGA Rose Bay - Super Convenient and friendly place to shop

This is my fav supermarket in the eastern suburbs, and I come here regularly to do my weekly shopping. They have a great range of products, including fresh or frozen ready-to-eat meals, deli, general groceries, toiletries, pet food, tinned food, confectionary etc. Their selection of packaged nuts is better than you can get anywhere else. I find it especially handy to be able to top up my Opal card at the check-out.

Staff are always friendly, helpful and polite and I never have to queue for long.

With its wide aisles and orderly layout, It’s easy to move around the shop, and quickly find what you’re looking for. Rarely have I not been able to find what I’m after. The lighting is strong and there are plenty of baskets or trollies available.

There are two convenient car parks nearby, on the corner of Dover Rd and Ian Street, on opposite sides of the road. The larger one, just behind the IGA, can also be accessed from Wilberforce Av. In both cases, you can get two hours free parking. And if you can’t find a spot at either of those two, there is always street parking further down Dover Rd or in Newcastle St, Wilberforce Av or Albermarle Av.

The only thing lacking is alcohol (perhaps another manifestation of the intrusive “nanny state”?) I always find it inconvenient and frustrating, when one can get everything one needs under one roof, but then you have to rush off somewhere else to buy alcohol. I’d love to know why this is. I recently visited IGA Xpress in Canberra, and there you can buy alcohol in the supermarket, so why not here? It would also improve the overall customer experience if they had toilets, and a little coffee shop on site.

Apart from that though, I always enjoy shopping here.

Store LocationRose Bay, Sydney

Heathcote IGA - lack of education and rudeness towards assistance dogs in training

We had a very disappointing experience at the Heathcote, NSW IGA Store today.
I work as a Trainer at Assistance Dogs Australia, a local charity that raises and trains dogs to support people living with disabilities all around Australia.

We often need a reasonably quiet environment to introduce our assistance dogs in training to a shop environment, and whilst visiting the Heathcote IGA store with a few of our new recruits and our volunteers I was harassed by the sore owner, asking us to leave.

There were about 4 customers in the whole store, who were all smiling and appreciating how well behaved the pups in training were, following their handlers and practising basic obedience.

It's a real shame to our community when people can't embrace and support an activity such as a quick training exercise, in a real life scenario (needed for the foundation training of service dogs) that will have such an impact in the life of someone living with a disability.

All my local volunteers left with a bitter impression of the IGA brand for the unreasonable approach & attitude.

I understand that it was the store owner who approached myself, and all stores are independent, but this is definitely not a nice representation of the IGA brand.

As I local, I'll be definitely taking my business elsewhere. When I de-briefed the incident at work I also have been made aware that other trainers have experienced the same behaviour towards them.

Unfortunately any ADA clients may feel too vulnerable to make a complaint if a discriminatory action such as this happens to them, hence why I'm taking the time to report/rate this store and the owners attitude.

If his action was taken against a few of our clients, with their qualified assistance dogs, this would have been a breach to the disability discrimination act. Unfortunately in NSW we haven't got the same rights as other states in Australia
for assistance dogs in training, but as an organisation we are working with the government towards this.

I wouldn't expect a reply, but some education to the IGA franchisees in being more community inclusive and supportive, where possible.

Store LocationHeathcote

Convenient and remarkably competitive with the big supermarkets

My small downtown IGA in Adelaide St Brisbane is well stocked with good prices that are competitive. Staff are friendly and helpful and I will return again for the convenience of hours, location and prices.

Store LocationAdelaide Street Express IGA Brisbane

Worst experience with bankstown iga

Worst customer service workers so rude never well go to that iga i was accused becouse my chikd was holding gum walked out to pay for my items ended up walking out with thr manger telling me off thats i have to pay for gum searched my things nothing was there becouse i told her off and walked away she wanted to make a statement even tho i had no gum and still is very rude everytime i walk in for no reason

Store LocationBankstown centro iga

Merrylands West - Avoid At All Costs

Do not purchase eggs from Merrylands west. Carry eggs that have been recalled and may be contaminated with salmonella. Refuse to acknowledge that the eggs are theirs and that they have been recalled. No notices displayed as per legal requirements. Complaints made to food authority

Store LocationMERRYLANDS WEST

Midland IGA

Would definitely recommend our local IGA. They workers and owners are so nice and treat all there customers like they are special. Always have fantastic specials every week and the store is looking great. I choose to shop here I stead of Coles and Woolworths

Smelly

Three times I,ve got rotten food from IGA Jurien Bay first was green lip mussels [not their fault but refused to replace ] second was steak was green underneath [ 2 pieces ] third was two packets of steak [3 pieces ] and because the manager claims I have to bring straight back he won't refund.It is an 80 k round trip for me to IGA and would cost me $15 in fuel plus time and as I'm 75 it is no fun for me to do two trips in one day.I have reasons to suspect use by dates have smell about them.In future I'll repacking their meat in the car park and into the caravan freezer.

Iga fresh beef lasagne.

Igs fresh beef lasagne is awful. Used to buy a different brand but it has now been replaced with iga brand. It's has no meat that I can taste or see. It's nothing but slop. Won't be buying it any more. Very disappointed.

I was just wondering what the policy is on IGA supermarket stacking their shelves during the day? Local IGA does it during the day and make it virtually impossible to get down aisles. If I had a pram, trolley or wheelchair it would be impossible. Also it would be very easy for someone to trip over the boxes taking up so much space.
This would be up to the business owner or manager as IGA's are independently operated. There would be no policy from IGA (or Metcash - owners of the IGA brand in Australia), and if there was a policy , there would be no way to police it. Based on the reviews, any policies, guidelines or standards that do exist from IGA/Metcash are not enforced.

I purchased a leg of pork on the 20th of July 2017. It was out of date reading use by the 16th. Today is the 22nd of July and I was ready to cook it but noticed it was off after checking the dates I took it back. What is IGAs policy for this situation?
They should refund you and also give you a free replacementHello A full refund plus a word to the manager about selling meat in this condition.Yeah they have a 200% guarantee on fresh depts I'm sure. Money back plus replacement.

1 iga store best charge you $5 for milk 1 iga store is charging $3 35 for milk, are they allowed to do this? I think it's wrong. Can I lay a complaint?
I did wonder myself and found on the internet that Coles normally charge the same but the other two differ from suburb to Suberb and it does not mention it's not allowed.Our wonderful government calls this "Deregulation" which is meant to encourage competition. Milk, banks, electricity retailers etc etc the list is endless and all they do is put the price up, up up and charge what they like. I would like to see politicians deregulated right out the front door of parliament house