IGA

IGA

See the Best Supermarkets in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

IGA Lalor Park, NSW 2147 - discrimination?

Can an IGA manager ban someone from his shop on the bases of that person being fat? I stood up for a shopper who was being physically assaulted by the IGA shop manager, many people told that manager it was against the law what he was doing to the shopper, he remembered me because I am a large person. I went to see the manager, recorded a conversion between myself and the manager of that IGA shop where I asked him the question: if he banned me from his shop because I was fat, and he replied with "yes". Can a manager of an IGA franchise ban someone from their shop on the basis of that person being fat?

Store LocationIGA Lalor Park, NSW 2147

Out of date drinks

Rigters IGA are selling expired coke that tastes off. I informed them that there expired but they wouldn’t do anything they just refunded my drink? Didn’t get an apology- drinks are still in the fridge.

Store LocationRigters IGA Geraldton

Never ever have specials in store

Casey's Iga Woree on Toogood Road never ever stocks the weeks specials that are in the catalogue, always has sorry this item is temerarily out of stock . Thier shelves are empty where the specials should be. But when they are not on special they are then fully stocked up .

IGA CAmpbell, ACT - dismal Customer service and 'fresh' produce

I've been using the Campbell, ACT, IGA for over 8 years and the customer service & produce quality has progressively gotten worse. Over the years I've tried ordering products on a regular basis and for the first 2 weeks it's fine but then it obviously gets too difficult to do. They offer no explanation or apology and the staff do not care. I worked in retail for over ten years and am constantly amazed at the staff's general attitude of laziness and\or incompetence.
The vegetables sold in plastic eg: potatoes, generally look ok but when you get them home, they are wet and mouldy. Frozen vegetables are generally frost bitten. I wanted to support my local supermarket but it's pointless unless they want to support you. Woolworths will now get my $$$. Disappointing.

Store LocationIGA Campbell, ACT.

Used by date food

I was recently at the IGA Express Ripponlea and purchased some cheese. It was yesterday the 14th of August 2019 the used by date on the cheese was 2 June 2019. When i noticed the moud and told a staff member they laughed.

Store LocationRipponlea

"WARNING" Don't shop at IGA Quakers Hill

My husband has shopped at this IGA store because it's nearby.
Items that he's purchased there include milk that had expired by weeks,
fruit & veg rotten & mouldy or unripened, mouldy bread and
worst of all was a pack of four lamingtons which were out of date and toxic.
Their expired products are also way overpriced. Don't waste your time
or your money but most of all value your health and well being
by not shopping there. "You've been warned"

Store LocationQuakers Hill

York IGA is a great local community store

I brought my step son make your own stickers and it was missing the templates. The service from Fay from great she wrote off the product as it couldn't be sold and got us another one and let us keep the write off the kids could have more paints. They have always been happy and helpful.
Buying smokes one male there is great suggests cheaper products that are just alike making you want to come back as he was honest and asks what we thought of new stock he hadn't heard feedback about.

Store LocationIGA york

Green and not ripened fruit

I occasionaly buy fruit from warracknabeal IGA ,but every time they stock ONLY still green unripended tastless fruit .bought a pinapple the other day there and its so green still I had difficulty in cutting it and couldnt eat /so hard and tastless .and most other fruit there is picked green that I WILL not buy it ,so I have to go with out my fruit /WHY cant the company demand properly ripenmed fruit ?? this is very unhealthy

Store Locationwarracknabeal victoria

Quakers Hill IGA sells expired products with no apologies. Voted 1 star as that's the lowest option. I'd give zero if able

NEVER buying anything else from QUAKERS HILL IGA. Not only is the pricing erratic & way too high. + 'fresh' produce WAY past expiry & all bread is past use by, or sold on last 'best before' date (a lot actually has mould & SMELLS bad). Even items such as chips, sour cream/dairy, cheese, breakfast cereal etc are all being sold past their use by dates as well. The produce is actually disgusting. Mould on entire stack of Lebanese bread. Strawberries with so much mould they were hairy. Theses are just a few examples.

Store LocationQuakers Hill, Farnham rd

Apple cinnamon crumble muffin

I purchased these (2607367005501) packed 7/7/19 and one had several pieces of hard plastic within it. My throat was scratched and I gagged but still swallowed some of it. BEWARE!

Store LocationPennant Hills

Selling expired food, refusing to return in cash.

Forgot to check the expiry date and bought a $10 packet of half a year expired food. Three hours later, I sent my son to go return the packet, and he comes back still with the packet because we ‘paid on card and they can’t return our money back in cash, only in card.’ Extremely bad care of food and customer service.

Store LocationIGA Warrigal, Runcorn/Eight Mile Plains, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

$100 worth of expired goods

The items I bought have been expired for a year. I only shopped last week! The store has closed down and I’m stuck with these expired goods. I feel robbed.

Store LocationWentworth Point

Never again

I have been shopping at I G A ocean reef for years ,I’ve almost always been happy shopping there BUT today I am furious ,i wasn’t doing a shop as I just popped into post office to pay a bill I thought I Would buy some m.n.ms the sign said $3, but at the checkout ,assistant asked for $4 ,I said they are $3 it’s what the sign says ,he said no that’s only for members ,I remember signing up a while ago but thought nothing more about it ,so I said to assistant I am a member ,he said you must have a members card or it’s $4 ,now I saw the sign that offered them for $3 , I did not see anything that said otherwise , I refuse to be bullied into buying something you need a card for ,and I refuse to buy from a store that gives one price to one person and one price to another ,I’m absolutely angry about this I will not shop there ever again ,but I will complain to my MP ,it’s a disgrace ,you need to know what you are doing is offensive and bullying to what was once a very good customer

Store LocationOcean Reef ,wa

IGA Mascot, NSW not honouring ticket price on shelves

IGA Mascot didn’t honour ticketed price on the shelves. Staff claimed the special ended the day before even though the tickets were still on displayed on the shelves. All items I bought on that day were more expensive than the tickets - only realised this when I got home.

Store LocationMascot , NSW

Centre of Excellence for Past Use By Date Products!

Yet again, Bexley IGA lives up to its reputation in selling past use by date products and offering no apology or attempt to remove old stock from shelves.
The Chocolate M&M’s were 6 weeks past their best before date. When pointed out to Manager he offered no explanation, ran away and took no action whatsoever to remove the product from the hangers or mark them accordingly for unsuspecting customers. A quick look at other confectionery identified a number of other products close to or over the use by dates. This store has a history of this and makes no attempt to ensure stock is fresh.

Store LocationBexley NSW

Avoid IGA summer centre Orange nsw

Purchased a tray of Lilydale chicken thighs it was rancid I called spoke to butcher he said return it for refund. Returned chicken to IGA summer centre Orange only to be told to produce ID such as drivers licence for them to record my details even though I had my receipt I found this request extreme so when I declined he become extremely angry and rude. I left store with rancid chicken and referring To IGA corporate office. As most reviews say many product from IGA are rotten

Store LocationIGA SUMMER CENTRE ORANGE NSW

Selling out of date food

I went to purchase milk from my local IGA and noticed that for a second time in less than a month the milk I was purchasing was out of date by 4 days . I notified the store attendant and was told to get another one of the self , to my amaze there were over 5 2L milks that were out of date ranging from 2 days to 4 days !

Store LocationCollaroy Plateau

Fruit and Veg

I have bought fruit and veg from IGA Stratton and havent learnt my lesson yet. It doesnt matter what you buy if it is not off when you get home it is within a day. I only use for convenience as it is close. But bought a tray of basil that was double traded, so weighed more for less. The top basil was fine but the underlying basil was rotten.

Store LocationStratton Supa IGA

DULWICH HILL IGA I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN!!

I am a Dulwich Hill local and I speak in behalf of myself and a large group of the community and want to make aware to other people that the Dulwich Hill IGA is the worst supermarket I have ever shopped at for several different reasons.
1. The staff are pushy, rude and unhelpful.
2. The prices of ALL produce and products are completely over priced and a total rip off.
3. The stock is no different and or better than woolworths and it is roughly 20% more expensive at least.

I shop there for convenience and to support local businesses but after my terrible experience today I can safely say I will NEVER shop there again and I will be sure to let everyone I know to boycott Dulwich Hill IGA as your staff have no customer service skills and your a wrought.

Shame on you Dulwich Hill IGA

Store LocationDulwich Hill

Buying cigarettes

You need to have a register that's not express lane to buy cigarettes , had full shop 4 client, had lined up and paid for same, went to buy cigarettes and told to wait very rudely, buy staff member. If I have to wait twice then I will go thru express line, that sounds fair??? Please change this and be fair, was working and shopping for client I can not waste time as need to get back and prepare night meal, don't live in this area.

Store Locationiga blaxland

Can iGA serve hot cooked counter style meals on a plate? I can’t see any type of food service certificate in the store.
Sounds like a question that should be direct at IGA.

I was just wondering what the policy is on IGA supermarket stacking their shelves during the day? Local IGA does it during the day and make it virtually impossible to get down aisles. If I had a pram, trolley or wheelchair it would be impossible. Also it would be very easy for someone to trip over the boxes taking up so much space.
This would be up to the business owner or manager as IGA's are independently operated. There would be no policy from IGA (or Metcash - owners of the IGA brand in Australia), and if there was a policy , there would be no way to police it. Based on the reviews, any policies, guidelines or standards that do exist from IGA/Metcash are not enforced.

I purchased a leg of pork on the 20th of July 2017. It was out of date reading use by the 16th. Today is the 22nd of July and I was ready to cook it but noticed it was off after checking the dates I took it back. What is IGAs policy for this situation?
They should refund you and also give you a free replacementHello A full refund plus a word to the manager about selling meat in this condition.Yeah they have a 200% guarantee on fresh depts I'm sure. Money back plus replacement.