Ikea Blames

Ikea Blames

2.4

Blames Highchair

It looks great but I can't remove the tray and I couldn't put my daughter into it without my husband having to manipulate her legs through the gaps whilst I held her - so not useable on my own. She's only 4 months old so its not because she's too big! I'll need to buy a new highchair now, so for us it was a waste of money.

Jocelyn

JocelynCambridge uk

Found some safety issues.

Geo

GeoSydney

Love this highchair

I bought the cushion to go into the highchair to give my baby girl some extra padding and she and I love it. It looks really nice, easy to keep clean and I find it easy to get her in and out. She is quite small so that might help. I prefered this one to the plain IKEA as she is a bit more secure in this one. It was a bit of a pain to put together but I think everyone feels that way about IKEA furniture.
    Looks great, easy to clean, baby loves it
    Frustrating to put together but so is all IKEA furninture

High Chairs

Find out how Ikea Blames compares to other High Chairs

Sarahjt

SarahjtWollongong, NSW

Like this chair but it does have some issues.

Bought this as it was nice to look at and seemed sturdy. Used it for the last 1.5 years and its still going strong. I agree with some of the other reviewers that its easy for the kids to escape but I ended up taking the tray off and pushing it into the table and stay with my child and if they try to stand up I just tell him to sit down. I wouldn't leave the room.
    Easy to clean, sturdy, easy to put together, lasted 1.5years and still looks good.
    Easy to escape, the black paint goes white and strange when wet but dries fine.

Pretty bad

Bought this chair because it looks great. Ours is fairly sturdy even after husband had to get the power tools out and correct a few faults. The tray on ours is IMPOSSIBLE for me to get off and hard for husband. Even with the tray off, there is still a wooden bar that makes is very difficult to get skinny 6 m.o. legs out. The chair is also very hard and flat. We are taking it back and getting a bad plastic one.
    looks good. quite sturdy
    tray is very very very difficult to get off. wooden bar on chair that makes it difficult to get even a skinny baby out.

Emily442

Emily442Sydney

Too easy to stand up in

My 8 month old can wriggle out of the straps in this chair and is constantly trying to stand up in it. He also is able to twist around in it, and is always getting his leg stuck out the side, or his arm stuck in the area at the back. I wish that I had purchased the cheaper plastic chair now. While this chair looks great, and the table is a good size, and it is very sturdy, it is no good for active babies.
    Large table, looks good, wood rather than plastic
    Too many spaces for babies to get legs & arms caught, food gets stuck in small joins in chair, easy for babies to wriggle out of

Safety hazard

KRL
    KRL

Great chair, Great value for money

Nkelly