Stokke Tripp Trapp

4.3

• Safety
amandusc

amanduscSydney, NSW

Not as expensive as you think

Yes this is one of the more exxy chairs on the market. But this chair is well worth it in the end as you can continue using it as a normal chair as the child grows. Ergonomic and creates good posture. Easy to clean. Fits in with our home decor and is just a lovely piece in general. Highly recommend

Purchased in November 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$233.00.

Stokke
Catherine M.Stokke

Thank you for your lovely review on the Stokke Tripp Trapp, we hope that you and your family will love it for years to come!

Nadia G.

Nadia G.Hunter Region, NSW

Best high chair in every way

Can be used from the day your child is born right up until they are 20!
Looks great
Not bulky or annoying
Sits right up to your table
Can be neatly put away at the table like the rest of your chairs
Worth every cent!

Purchased in April 2015.

Stokke
Catherine M.Stokke

Thanks for your feedback Nadia!
We hope you and your little one love your Tripp Trapp Chair for many years to come.
Catherine
Stokke Australia Team

Mimi

MimiWA

Ultimate high chair that becomes a regular adult chair

Purchased in June 2018 at Babyland for A$495.00.

Louie

LouieLaunceston, TAS

Love it - have bought one for each child!

We love the Stokke Tripp Trapp high chair. We have bought one for each of our children - they are such versatile chairs and grow as the child does. We used the newborn set, the baby set and then just the regular seat as each child developed and became more capable. Can't recommend this chair highly enough for looks, practicality, ease of cleaning and longevity.

Purchased in March 2012.

Victor K.

Victor K.Sydney, NSW

Overpriced, hard to use and impractical

This has to be the most overpriced chair in the market where all accessories one would deem essential basics are not included and cost an arm and a leg extra. For example, the baby seat is a separate attachment as is the tray as is the seat cushion. More importantly, the chair is so hard to clean because it has so many nooks and crannies that requires 30 mins to clean after each use. The design is also the not practical and requires two adults to put a squirming baby in and strap them down. Save your money and more importantly, time, and get yourself any other chair

Purchased in August 2018 for A$600.00.

Paula

PaulaSydney, NSW

Perfect and grows with your child

Purchased in February 2014 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Clarebie

ClarebieWestern Australia

Safe, practical and pretty!

Just love the Stokke Trip Trap high chair. I am really impressed with how sturdy the chair is. Our boy loves to wiggle, bounce and squirm as he eats and plays in the chair and it is very stable. Other high chairs that we use (restaurants etc) can end up in the middle of the room if we let him bop around. Easy to clean overall. The straps can get a bit gruby but the marks do come off with some elbow grease. I would recommend getting the tray attachment as cleaning is so much easier. Fits perfectly at dining table so we can eat as a family. Looks great too! An expensive purchase but so worth it.

Purchased in February 2019.

jessandjames

jessandjamesSouth East Queensland, QLD

So difficult to clean for baby led weaning

Purchased in September 2018.

Emma

EmmaAscot Vale

Great design & quality

Not too bulky, and tucks right up to the dinner table so bubs can eat with the family. Easy to clean and is very good quality. Seems like it will last for a very long time and grow with baby. Also takes up a lot less room than other high chairs.

Toddness

ToddnessSydney, NSW

Quality design

I got two of these chairs and am impressed with how simple it was to put together and the quality of the materials. Let's face it, these chairs are a bit pricey but my two toddlers are now sitting much closer to the table and their posture is much better. Should have bought these ages ago but glad I have now!

Unsafe chair. Popular only due to a good looking design.

This chair must be used with a special belt for kids up till 3 years old. It is otherwise not safe for toddlers since they can easily climb up but then can easily fall off by sliding off on the right or left side. You basically always have to be watching your child around this chair.
I have 3 kids and I've had this chair since I got it as a gift for my first child. All 3 of my kids have fallen off this chair by sliding from the sides. It's also a high chair so it's a high fall! I finally sold this chair and got a much cheaper simpeler chair which has much better side protection. This chair is popular purely because of it's looks, it's not at all practical or safe in reality.

gbrownie

gbrownieSydney, NSW

Love this chair and so does bubs

I find this chair easy to clean, clip off the tray when needed and wipe down the chair padding if it’s been a messy meal.
The colour and design fits our furniture and love that it will grow with the family and be used over years to come
Only draw back is the cost and all the add ons from the basic chair but if your handy check multiple places to snag a sale a not all places will have the same items on sale

Dada

DadaSydney

Love ours

We have used it for the past year and love it. I like that our little one can sit with us at the table, he likes sitting in it (he also uses it while crafting in the kitchen), that it grows with the child and that the footrest is adjustable. It is also extremely safe even with wriggly kids and got a German oekotest (ecotest) ‘very good’ rating for toxicity (no formaldehyde etc). Worth the money.

sarah

sarah

Worth the investment

We love that the Tripp Trapp enables our daughter to sit with us at the dining table, that it's so easy to keep clean and that it looks great. But the main reason we chose the Tripp Trapp was because we wanted a chair that would grow with our baby and last for many years to come. It's fantastic quality and definitively worth the money

Getal KTR

Getal KTRBurwood

A chair from baby to toddler

Can fault on the ease of cleaning for this chair. You can see all the parts. so easy for cleaning. Love the idea that it grows with the baby to toddler age. Not about saving, but just a very practical piece of furniture that also looks good. Currently using the newborn set and work fantastic. We also brought one for the grandparents place. They also like it as it doesn't take up too much space.

Sylviat

SylviatSydney, NSW

A chair i will keep for many years

Mine is the walnut classic finish. And i love it. It comes with the oil to protect the wood. Did read up some reviews before buying and was concern about the quality that many has mentioned that it wasn't as good as before. However, i find mine alright. And my child is sitting on it every day. It will be a chair that we will be keeping for a long long time. But im wondering how to take out the buckle though. Because my boy just doesn't like the harness on.

wqzho1

wqzho1AU

Great chair - very expensive

Received this chair as a gift (I wouldn't pay $300 for this chair). It's great chair, very versatile, and can see the potential in future use. It's extremely well designed.
The only negative aspect of the chair is the cost. Not only is the chair close to $300, you still need to buy additional items, such as the baby set harness and then tray as well. Both combined is another $150.. This been said, this is only the true problem, and is the only reason why I'm giving it 4 out of 5.

Taryn

TarynPerth, Western Australia

Is it fit for purpose?

Frankie99

Frankie99AU

Gone downhill

N.TMelbourne

Good chair but hopeless harness

I bought this chair due to its potential longevity. It has a nice design and cleaning the chair is quite easy as well. My baby seems to be quite happy sitting in her high chair (once she is in) but getting her in and out is such a tedious effort. The harness is pathetic and is difficult to get the baby in. Given that you pay so much for this chair you would think Stokke can make a better harness.

Sunny

Sunnyasked

How does the Stokke highchair wear over time? I currently have a wooden highchair of a different brand and the timber doesn't cope with the constant wiping down.

MOO

MOOasked

Has anyone used the Tripp trapp with a table height more than 76cm as recommended in the product information? Our table is 78cm abs I was wondering if this chair would still work with this table height?

alana

I'm not 100% sure of the maximum table height for tripptrapp but I know that you are able to adjust the seat level depending on your child's (and I'm assuming the table, too) height. Like for example when I first bought the tripp trapp, we had inserted the seat on the fourth slot (from the top). There are still 3 slots above which means that I could still adjust the seat higher but it's probably worthwhile to check it out at the stores yourself just in case. Hope this helps :)

Jingjing W.
Jingjing W.

The required table hight (not include timber, just the space underneath) is 72-76cm, so I think 2cm difference is ok?

Gill7

Gill7asked

Do you need to buy the baby seat? My daughter is nearly fifteen months but is small?

N.T

Yes I think so. The built-in harness keeps slipping off my daughter's shoulder and I rely on the baby seat as well. But note that with the baby seat, it makes it harder to put on the harness

alana

I didn't and I started using it when my daughter turned 1. She's considered as one of the smaller babies too but I had no problems in using it without the baby seat. And recently, I had guests over and they have a child who's 7 months and sat on the same chair without the baby seat. Just be sure to keep a constant lookout on your child and ensure the harness is on at all times.

AuntyMim
AuntyMim

I wouldn't buy it and our babies started using the Tripp Trapp from a very early age. They weren't left unattended, of course.

Get an answer from our members and Stokke representatives