Stokke Tripp Trapp

Stokke Tripp Trapp

See the Best High Chairs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Victor K.

Victor K.Sydney, NSW

Overpriced, hard to use and impractical

This has to be the most overpriced chair in the market where all accessories one would deem essential basics are not included and cost an arm and a leg extra. For example, the baby seat is a separate attachment as is the tray as is the seat cushion. More importantly, the chair is so hard to clean because it has so many nooks and crannies that requires 30 mins to clean after each use. The design is also the not practical and requires two adults to put a squirming baby in and strap them down. Save your money and more importantly, time, and get yourself any other chair

Purchased in August 2018 for $600.00.

Safety

Paula

PaulaSydney, NSW

Perfect and grows with your child

Purchased in February 2014 at Baby Bunting Physical store.

Clarebie

ClarebieWestern Australia

Safe, practical and pretty!

Just love the Stokke Trip Trap high chair. I am really impressed with how sturdy the chair is. Our boy loves to wiggle, bounce and squirm as he eats and plays in the chair and it is very stable. Other high chairs that we use (restaurants etc) can end up in the middle of the room if we let him bop around. Easy to clean overall. The straps can get a bit gruby but the marks do come off with some elbow grease. I would recommend getting the tray attachment as cleaning is so much easier. Fits perfectly at dining table so we can eat as a family. Looks great too! An expensive purchase but so worth it.

Purchased in February 2019.

jessandjames

jessandjamesSouth East Queensland, QLD

So difficult to clean for baby led weaning

Purchased in September 2018.

Emma

EmmaAscot Vale

Great design & quality

Not too bulky, and tucks right up to the dinner table so bubs can eat with the family. Easy to clean and is very good quality. Seems like it will last for a very long time and grow with baby. Also takes up a lot less room than other high chairs.

Toddness

ToddnessSydney, NSW

Quality design

I got two of these chairs and am impressed with how simple it was to put together and the quality of the materials. Let's face it, these chairs are a bit pricey but my two toddlers are now sitting much closer to the table and their posture is much better. Should have bought these ages ago but glad I have now!

Unsafe chair. Popular only due to a good looking design.

This chair must be used with a special belt for kids up till 3 years old. It is otherwise not safe for toddlers since they can easily climb up but then can easily fall off by sliding off on the right or left side. You basically always have to be watching your child around this chair.
I have 3 kids and I've had this chair since I got it as a gift for my first child. All 3 of my kids have fallen off this chair by sliding from the sides. It's also a high chair so it's a high fall! I finally sold this chair and got a much cheaper simpeler chair which has much better side protection. This chair is popular purely because of it's looks, it's not at all practical or safe in reality.

gbrownie

gbrownieSydney, NSW

Love this chair and so does bubs

I find this chair easy to clean, clip off the tray when needed and wipe down the chair padding if it’s been a messy meal.
The colour and design fits our furniture and love that it will grow with the family and be used over years to come
Only draw back is the cost and all the add ons from the basic chair but if your handy check multiple places to snag a sale a not all places will have the same items on sale

Dada

DadaSydney

Love ours

We have used it for the past year and love it. I like that our little one can sit with us at the table, he likes sitting in it (he also uses it while crafting in the kitchen), that it grows with the child and that the footrest is adjustable. It is also extremely safe even with wriggly kids and got a German oekotest (ecotest) ‘very good’ rating for toxicity (no formaldehyde etc). Worth the money.

sarah

sarah

Worth the investment

We love that the Tripp Trapp enables our daughter to sit with us at the dining table, that it's so easy to keep clean and that it looks great. But the main reason we chose the Tripp Trapp was because we wanted a chair that would grow with our baby and last for many years to come. It's fantastic quality and definitively worth the money

Getal KTR

Getal KTRBurwood

A chair from baby to toddler

Can fault on the ease of cleaning for this chair. You can see all the parts. so easy for cleaning. Love the idea that it grows with the baby to toddler age. Not about saving, but just a very practical piece of furniture that also looks good. Currently using the newborn set and work fantastic. We also brought one for the grandparents place. They also like it as it doesn't take up too much space.

Sylviat

SylviatMascot

A chair i will keep for many years

Mine is the walnut classic finish. And i love it. It comes with the oil to protect the wood. Did read up some reviews before buying and was concern about the quality that many has mentioned that it wasn't as good as before. However, i find mine alright. And my child is sitting on it every day. It will be a chair that we will be keeping for a long long time. But im wondering how to take out the buckle though. Because my boy just doesn't like the harness on.

wqzho1

wqzho1AU

Great chair - very expensive

Received this chair as a gift (I wouldn't pay $300 for this chair). It's great chair, very versatile, and can see the potential in future use. It's extremely well designed.
The only negative aspect of the chair is the cost. Not only is the chair close to $300, you still need to buy additional items, such as the baby set harness and then tray as well. Both combined is another $150.. This been said, this is only the true problem, and is the only reason why I'm giving it 4 out of 5.

Taryn

TarynPerth, Western Australia

Is it fit for purpose?

Frankie99

Frankie99AU

Gone downhill

N.TMelbourne

Good chair but hopeless harness

I bought this chair due to its potential longevity. It has a nice design and cleaning the chair is quite easy as well. My baby seems to be quite happy sitting in her high chair (once she is in) but getting her in and out is such a tedious effort. The harness is pathetic and is difficult to get the baby in. Given that you pay so much for this chair you would think Stokke can make a better harness.

alanaMelbourne

Love this!

I had a tough time looking for the perfect high chair until I came across this. Love how it uses the actual dining table instead of having one that's attached to it. And it's just great how any one of us in the family is able to sit on it without the slightest worry of breaking it. I'd definitely recommend this! Worth the money.

AuntyMimSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stokke the wonder chair

As a Gran, I have purchased four Stokke Tripp Trapps and the fifth purchase is to come. It has been my pleasure to supply a chair for each of my Grandchildren, the oldest being ten years of age to the baby at just seven months and, possibly, the last. Elliott still uses his Tripp Trapp, as does Phoebe, eight years old and Harvey five years old. Chloe is just three years old while the baby Bianca is yet to receive her chair. All of the chairs are used every day. I just wish Stokke would offer me a discount for buying so many!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuntyMim

Just have to update my already published review. The first Stokke Trip Trap we purchased is still being used as a daily chair and my Grandson turned 13 years old this Month. Still a great piece of furniture.

Luc

LucTownsville

Functionally good / poor quality

In the 6 months we have had it it has been replaced twice under warranty due to poor quality finishes - the paint has peeled within days of it coming out of the box - exact same issue on the replaced one aswell it is incredibly disappointing. Functionally it's fabulous and exactly what we wanted it's just such a shame that the painted one is such poor poor quality
Functionality/ inclusive for baby led weaning
Poor finishing quality/ replaced twice with same problem on each

NewMama

NewMama

Great High Chair, use of newborn seat questionable

MOO

MOOasked

Has anyone used the Tripp trapp with a table height more than 76cm as recommended in the product information? Our table is 78cm abs I was wondering if this chair would still work with this table height?

alana

I'm not 100% sure of the maximum table height for tripptrapp but I know that you are able to adjust the seat level depending on your child's (and I'm assuming the table, too) height. Like for example when I first bought the tripp trapp, we had inserted the seat on the fourth slot (from the top). There are still 3 slots above which means that I could still adjust the seat higher but it's probably worthwhile to check it out at the stores yourself just in case. Hope this helps :)

Gill7

Gill7asked

Do you need to buy the baby seat? My daughter is nearly fifteen months but is small?

N.T

Yes I think so. The built-in harness keeps slipping off my daughter's shoulder and I rely on the baby seat as well. But note that with the baby seat, it makes it harder to put on the harness

alana

I didn't and I started using it when my daughter turned 1. She's considered as one of the smaller babies too but I had no problems in using it without the baby seat. And recently, I had guests over and they have a child who's 7 months and sat on the same chair without the baby seat. Just be sure to keep a constant lookout on your child and ensure the harness is on at all times.

AuntyMim

I wouldn't buy it and our babies started using the Tripp Trapp from a very early age. They weren't left unattended, of course.

Springyezi

Springyeziasked

Hi, I was wondering if any one has the white colour one, and if it's easy to stain / clean?

Hi,

I bought the white one and yes, it does get dirty from time to time but nothing like a good scrub can't fix so far. But because it's white, it is pretty obvious when the chair is dirty. What I'd suggest is to consistently clean the chair so you'll have no problems with it.

Get an answer from our members and Stokke representatives

CategoryHigh Chairs