Ikea Antilop

Ikea Antilop

See the Best High Chairs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Liss R

Liss RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic value

We’ve been using this chair for almost 3 years and will be buying a second one for our youngest. Easy to clean and our son is happy sitting in it. The inflatable insert is great when they’re little. Such a long lasting and affordable chair. I put a Command hook on the back to hang bibs. Lightweit and easy to move around and dismantle. The tray is a good size too.

Purchased in December 2016 at IKEA QLD, North Lakes for $30.00.

Momma-Sar

Momma-SarPerth, WA

So easy to clean and makes meal time fun!

I was gifted this high chair before I could purchase one myself. The high chair itself is sturdy and comes apart easily if you need to take it out the house. It is so easy to clean and stores in the corner perfectly after use. It is very wide but the insert you can purchase separately is great. The clip isn’t great but this is an older model. I bought a new one for my mother in law to keep and the quality of the secure harness is ten times better. For $25 odd dollars, it’s a great high chair.

madmel1980

madmel1980

The best. All you need.

One of the easiest decisions we made when it came to what to buy. It's simple & easy to put together and super comfortable for bubs. You don't need anything more. We've been using it for 3 months now and no concerns.

Purchased in March 2019.

Jenny

JennySouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent affordable highchair

This chair is a must in any household with a bub. Brilliantly cheap, easy to clean and you can even pull it apart and take with you if needed. Useful for more than just feeding, but also other activities if needed. And they sell on later. Also perfect for the grandparents house.

Purchased in January 2016 at IKEA QLD, Logan.

Xanthe M.

Xanthe M.

Great high chair

Best thing about this chair is it is so easy to clean, which you need to do 5 times a day so it’s important! Probably not the most comfortable chair but has lasted two kids and the first sat in it two years without complaint. Easy to take apart to take on holiday/friends houses.

Purchased in March 2015 at IKEA NSW, Tempe for $30.00.

RetailAssistant

RetailAssistantAU

Unbeatable Value

This highchair is fantastic value at $30.00. Had one for my eldest years ago and it outlasted the $200 Graco chair! This time around I went straight to Ikea, the design is so basic and chair so sturdy I will easily be able to pass it along to someone else once it is outgrown. Being able to take it outside and hose it down is a bonus...

Purchased in March 2018 at IKEA NSW, Marsden Park for $30.00.

Ally M

Ally MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love this chair!

I bought this on a friends recommendation and absolutely love it. The tray has become a little difficult to get on and off over time.
Super easy to clean and wipe down after each use.

Purchased in September 2018 at IKEA for $25.00.

Kate

KateMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect HighChair! All you need.

Ok so when I got pregnant all I wanted was a flashy padded highchair with all the bells and whistles. But I was gifted this high chair for my baby shower and I am so glad I was. It is so easy to clean, safe and very affordable. The inflatable cushion is also worth purchasing too, great for smaller bubs and easy to wash!

Kiddo

KiddoMelbourne

Unsafe

This highchair is a terrible product. I regret buying it. The plastic chair hurts the baby so much. It topples very easily and is so hard to take the tray off. I just don't see how it can pass safety standards. Cheap and nasty. Ikea has never been that good anyway.

Mandy G

Mandy GPerth, WA

Good product

So glad Ikea came up with this product. Don't understand why others sell it so expensively. It is easy to use and durable and easy to clean. My daughter has out grown it now but younger brother will start using it soon. So worth it! Even the restaurants use them.

Ellie

EllieMelbourne

Perfect for Baby Led Weaning

So glad I did not purchase any of those expensive baby high chairs as this one is perfect. Easy to clean for BLW, durable and no fuss. It's also the same high chair that restaurants use so my child is used to being in them when we're out. I also attached a food catcher to the chair so I can pretty much bring it anywhere around the house.

Amanda

AmandaSydney

Perfect chair
Bought much more expensive chair that I never used
This chair is amazing as so easy to clean and kids loooove it
The strap is easy to clip and unclog. The tray is easy to take off and put back on.
Very easy to pack and unpack can take each leg off and store if required.

Lamea

LameaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

DURABLE LIKE A LOG!

no mess, easy to clean, no damage, used for 3 yrs in a row.

saved money but got the service! Very good product for bub as it wears out after a yr anyway and bub grew out of it.

the cushion is changeable as well. Definitely would recommend it for general use.

Shopper

ShopperMelbourne

Perfect product

This may the perfect high chair. Dirt cheap, unbreakable and easy to Clean. Dont buy a fancy chair just get this. The expensive chairs always put your child at awkward angles with a slight recline, this chair however is a perfect marriage of convenience form and function. You can't go wrong.

Aussie Amber

Aussie AmberSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wash it in the dishwasher!

Yep, it fits in the dishwasher as well. Tray in the top shelf, seat in the bottom. Easy to clean, simple to use, portable & cheap. Can't beat it! The insert is great for small babies. I also have a Phil and Ted's lobster which is great for attaching to a kitchen bench but such a pain to clean.

Aigerim

AigerimAU

Great value for money chair

Bought this highchair for $30 from IKEA, was the cheapest one that I could find new, but definitely haven't complained. Kids love it, as it's comfortable to sit in and easy to put them in and take them out. Can strap them in and safety wise also no problems. Great value for money!

Nan

NanMelbourne

Small and simple

After looking around at other high chairs that were expensive, bulky and ugly, I decided to get the Ikea high chair as at $25 it was pretty low risk. So glad I did. We have a really small house do its great to have something small that can just sit out of the way when we're not using it. I recommended you also buy the cushion insert though ($9) for smaller babies. Our child is 7 months old.
I really wanted the blue chair but Ikea doesn't ever seem to have them, so we had to get white. I was concerned the white plastic would get stained but so far that hasn't happened. The only con would be that once we put the tray on, we haven't been able to get it off again. I'm also not sure when he will be too big for this chair.

Weiss

WeissVictoria

Need feet support

Overall it is simple to use and easy to clean. The only problem is my baby has to hold up her legs to put her feet on the seat. It was ok when she was smaller but has become too squashy. She stopped using it around 1.5 yo. It would be nice if there was mechanism to turn it into a booster seat.

Laurar

Laurarsydney

simple but the best

Great high chair. My child is 8 months and love to sit in this High Chair. Easy to clean and put together. good for storage as legs come off. if you have a messy eater you could always hose down the chair also. i have used more expensive high chairs and they dont compare to this simple design.

Sophia H

Sophia HMelbourne

Literally the best

This high chair is so easy to clean! It's inexpensive and using the infant insert it has grown with our baby. I have found that it is light enough for a bigger baby while still being sturdy and safe yet it doesn't take up too much space in our house.

Mjr

Mjrasked

Does it mention to what weight the high chair can hold?

Sorry, not sure on that

Jessica

Jessicaasked

Has anyone had an issue where a child pushed off from the kitchen table and fell over?

Hi Jessica,
This never happened to me and I would think they would need to be pretty strong to be able to do that. If you are worried I would suggest using the tray table that fits on.
Hope this helps,
CA

K white
K white

I would think it would be extremely unlikely due to the angle of the legs but as with all highchairs, probably not impossible. All highchairs of standard state in there guidelines to keep 1metre from benches etc and use with supervision.

Timasked

Isn't the safety strap only there to stop your child from standing up? I don't think it matters whether it is 2 point or 5 point and would like to know whether this is genuinely an issue or something people just get on their high horse about without really thinking about it?

sall13h
sall13h

Mine can get out of a two pointed strap whereas a three or five point she can't. It is a safety issue if they stand up and fall

Tim

OK fair enough I understand it is a safety issue if they get up, just couldn't see how they could if they are strapped down to the bottom of the seat. I just bought the Aldi version which looks identical except it has a 2 point strap. Ikea is so hard to get to for me! Perhaps it is worth the journey to get the better harness for the same price. I need one of the cushions anyway.

Get an answer from our members and IKEA representatives

CategoryHigh Chairs