Ikea Markus

Ikea Markus

See the Best Office Chairs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for IKEA? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.8
Mark M
Mark MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Well priced ergonomic chair

Purchased in December 2020 at IKEA for $250.00.

Sean A.
Sean A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The lumbar support is killing my back

I did a lot of research before deciding to buy the IKEA Markus, due to its excellent reviews. However, I've since developed lower back pain unlike anything I've ever experienced from using other chairs. This wouldn't be an issue if I could remove the lumbar support or decrease its strength, but that is impossible to do with this chair without completely ruining it.

All this being said, if you are ok with very firm lumbar support, this is actually a very good chair. I did really like how far it could lean back.

Purchased in June 2020 at IKEA for $210.00.

Other Office Chairs

Trevor SkinnerSydney, NSW

Excellent chair for the price range

Assembly is easy, instructions are clear. As with all IKEA instructions, follow the instructions exactly as printed and it will be a pleasant journey.

Chair is comfortable and works as advertised. 10 Year warranty, so photocopy your receipt.

Purchased in January 2020 for $229.00.

DreamensioN
DreamensioNSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great value for what you get...

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Office Chairs

Find out how Ikea Markus compares to other Office Chairs

chuck48AU

Markus hits the mark.

Easy to assemble. Sturdy, robust and foam seat that does not bottom out. Tilt adjustment - up/down and rake is good. Castors that lock when not in use. Comfortable for hours.
At $249 it is IMO good value.

Andrew H.
Andrew H.asked

I like a chair with the back up straight. Referring to the review above "My only criticism of the chair is the tension adjuster on the tilt function. Even on the "hardest" setting the chair leans back very easily. I would have expected the tension to be a lot harder on the hard setting." This sounds like its a problem with this chair. Can anyone confirm ?

Trevor Skinner

ON mine, I don't seem to have that problem. I have mine set rock hard, not moving at all

chuck48

same as Trev. No movement at all.

Lynn M
Lynn Masked

What is the maximum weight a person can be to use the MARKUS?

chuck48

Best to refer to Ikea HQ but I am closer to 90 Kg than 85 and not a problem. The gas lift and chair construction is quite robust.

CategoryOffice Chairs