Ikea Tuffing

Ikea Tuffing

See the Best Beds in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for IKEA? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.5
  • Ease of Assembly

This was the worst IKEA assembly experience of my life

I have assembled many, many IKEA pieces over the last 22 years, with great success. The Tuffing is the glaring exception - it is a nightmare project. Such poor design. In stark contrast to most IKEA furniture, this item is a 'wing and prayer' effort. You will swear constantly (especially when screws fall into hollow upright pieces, necessitating disassembly). This was the first time in my life that I actually hit my head (repeatedly) against a wall in frustration. I would have happily paid four times the price for something well-designed. Please beware.

Purchased in September 2020 at IKEA ACT, Canberra for $179.00.

John
JohnBrisbane

Sturdy once assembled, absolute pain to put together

Bed feels solid once assembled but it is absolute pain to put together. Stretching the mattress base fabric over steel frame is next to impossible and other fabric pieces are not much easier.

If I had not already completed most of it, would dump it and buy something else. This product is nowhere near same quality as other ikea products I have purchased over the years.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018