InexBoards

2.3

• Job Satisfaction
Rob

RobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Looks great but will not last.

The decking is 4 years old and unfortunately is now starting to breakdown that it is dangerous to walk on. This cement based product will break down depending on the weathering and turns into powder.

Job Satisfaction
ZSK

ZSKSouth East Queensland, QLD

Irresponsible cowboys

This company discontinued this product because it has never done enough R&D to prove use and suitability of this product in the AU marketplace.
The guys at the top will not want to hear about you. I'm sure all the other products would have a lot to answer for although Brickworks whole-sell many of their board products.
The deck product is an absolute rubbish keep away from it!
We purchased these from Bunnings at the time but it seams bunnings wiping their hands of these as well claiming that it has been too long since the purchase.
I'm sure deck boards are intended to last longer than 1 year - right?

Job Satisfaction
Long Paddock

Long PaddockSydney, NSW

So far, so good

Home Care Shops

Find out how InexBoards compares to other Home Care Shops

JADSydney, NSW

OK But how to coat it? and zero support !

rbrad1958asked

I built an 80 sq m deck with inex decking about 18 months ago. It looks great, but unfortunately l've had 2 incidents recently where the decking just snapped. Not a good look on the shins... The build complied with the specs in every way. Is this a common occurance?

JAD

I have not experienced that problem, although the builder did (very wisely) suggest doubling up the joists as the old deck was 'springy'.

It certainly feels a lot better to walk on and considering the additional weight of Inex (40% I recall) it sounds prudent.
Maybe that should be a recommendation of the Inex suppliers.

rbrad1958

Thanks JAD, but as l built the deck according to Ubiq specs, I wouldn't expect to have to improve on those specs. That's like saying everyone who builds a house should install double the amount of framing. I can see what you mean, but specs are specs, I'm not a structural engineer to improve them. The fact that the broken planks has happened twice now, just scares me...

lara
lara

rbrad1958 JAD
Please advise me where did you purchase UBIQ materials I was not able to contact their office in Gladsville and their showroom in Auburn is closed as well
Lara