InstaChill Portable Air Cooler

Portable Air Conditioners Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of portable air conditioner would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

• Room Type
  • Portability

Karen

KarenNorthern Region, NSW

What a rip off!

My husband bought this product a a TV SHOP in TAMWORTH. We gave it several opportunities to prove itself, but it was basically just a very expensive fan; and not very effective. He took it back to the TV shop and they refused to refund him. He then phoned the company, who asked for proof of purchase. He provided proof of purchase but he never heard back from them. Poor product, highly disreputable company, don’t touch this product.

Purchased in December 2018 at TV Shop for $300.00.

sharon n.

sharon n.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolute rubbish

I was so excited to have my instachills arrive today, but dayum, how disappointing. It definitely doesn't cool, it's an over expensive fan. Looks great, fancy and all that crap but does nothing what the ad shows on tv, and stupid me, I bought 2. Will definitely be sending these back, what a waste of hype

Purchased in February 2020 at TV Shop for $500.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom and Living/Dining Area
Daniel L.

Daniel L.Illawarra, NSW

Waste of money

The ad said that it would cool a room but it doesn't. You have to be in front of it to cool down so if there is someone else home then you have to have it on swing and then I start sweeting.
I gave it 2 stars because it's better than a fan but not worth the price.

Purchased in November 2019 at TV Shop.

Home Insulation Level Not sure

Styley looking fan

When you put the freezing water in, it blasts cold air for awhile, but as it warms up so does the air coming out of the instachill. It's good for the start of summer, but in the midst of higher temperatures it falls flat. But it still is better than a standard fan

Purchased in November 2019 at TV Shop for $460.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom, Living/Dining Area and Small Bedroom

Very unhappy

Purchased in January 2020 at Tv shop for $600.00.

I have done 4 reviews not 3

Vin K.

Vin K.

works ok

I live in a rental with no aircon. We had a 44 degree day so we put straight ice in the instachill. I wont lie it struggled in the large room but if you sat within a 5 metre radius you could feel the difference. For that time it did the job to make the temp tolerable in that area but its not a substitue for a split system or air conditioner. Its just a cooler overpriced fan. On the plus side its an air purifier too.

Purchased in November 2019 for $350.00.

Instachill - Large

Total waste of money. Doesn't do anything it claims to do. Not worth over $700. Very misleading in the advertisements. Thank god I'm sending it back within the trial period.

Purchased in January 2020 at TV Shop for $54.00.

charlie

charlie

Total waste of money

Seriously don't by this product the adds are so misleading it's a fan that's it. Nothing special at all an expensive fan. Even on the cool setting it does not cool down the room.

Purchased in January 2020.

Room Type Small Bedroom

Horrible product and horrible company.

I’d give it no stars but unfortunately you have to give one.
I was 5 days past my trial date and only forgot as I had issues with my pregnancy and was unable to call sooner. I offered to send it back and pay the shipping myself again as the product doesn’t work as well as promised, I’ve even put ice in it as suggested and it is still crap and I t only blows out from one side.
So now they expect me to have to pay them $500+ for a crappy product that doesn’t work properly when I don’t currently work and my husband is on a low wage. So I now have to wait until I’ve paid off this terrible, waste of money product before I can start saving again for a product that actually works!
Not happy at all. Steer clear!!!!

Purchased in December 2019 at TV Shop for $500.00.

Home Insulation Level Not sure
ECeeVee

ECeeVeeSydney, NSW

just another evaporative cooler

Hoped it would be an updated version of the older style evaporative coolers, but, it is just the same . A little quieter, did not seem to cooler when chilling button was on. Apparently it works better if you put ice into it which I was only told when I went to return the item.

Purchased in November 2019 at TVshop for $331.00.

Room Type Small Bedroom and Small Office

Ben

BenSydney, NSW

This is a scam! Do not buy! It will not cool any room at all. Absolute scam!!

Do not buy this rubbish. It is a scam!!! I bought this thinking it would at least cool a small room in the house. I honesty believe it made the room warmer. My $20 fan is better! Don't fall for this scam, I have never submitted a review in my life but this "Instachill" has gone too far!! Also, Harvey Norman Broadway stocks this rubbish! Questions need to be asked

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $300.00.

Room Type Small Bedroom

Not worth the postal cost trust me

I have 09EX model its useless $25 big W fan is as good .
I still have the useless thing because I haven't had time to go to post office , i strongly recommend you don't buy this crap

Purchased in December 2019 at Show TV Shop.

Home Insulation Level Not Insulated

Neety S.

Neety S.

Love love love it

I purchased this from Epping Shopping centre yesterday, I was so worried after reading the reviews. However I pereservered with cold water and it worked a dream. Our house is cool but bedroom is roasting hot. The installation chill was freaking sensational....

Purchased in December 2019.

Room Type Large Bedroom

Rafiki 04

Rafiki 04South East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

Purchased in Nov 2018. Couple days out of warranty it starts to leak water from between main body and water reservoir unit. Contacted TV Shop to be told 'sorry it's out of warranty and don't have anyone you can take the unit to for fixing' !! Nearly $400 for about 3 months worth of use!! Very expensive waste of money I can least afford. While it worked, it was not too bad in my work area which is a tin shed ( based in Queensland ). But one again ? No!!

Purchased in November 2018 at Show TV Shop.

Home Insulation Level Not Insulated

Absolute Scam

Turned my daughters bedroom into an even hotter sauna. So sad as was promised it was really cool. Really noisy and no change in temperature. Will be sending back. Great Christmas present. :(

Purchased in December 2019 at TV Shop for $450.00.

Conn

ConnVictoria

Buy a REAL @ircon

These are nothing more than a glorified evaporative air cooler. the same results can be achieved by throwing a damp tea towel over a pedestal fan. Save yourself 400 bucks and put that money towards a real air con. Any one reading this that is contemplating buying this unit ,honestly...Don't. Save your money.
p.s. it makes a wonderful room deoderiser if you add a few drops of essential oil into the water reservoir, but it's one expensive product to do just that.

Purchased in November 2019.

Natt

NattPerth, WA

waste of money

The machine is way overrated, Just turns the room into a sweat shop. And as for the noise well it's ridiculously loud. And trying to return the thing is a nightmare. You can buy an $89 product from Bunnings that does the same thing and heaps quieter. Don't waste your money buying an instachill.

Purchased in December 2019 at TVSN (TV Shopping Network) for $800.00.

Elizabeth

ElizabethSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not waste your money!

It is noisy, it does not cool anything! Dont waste your money. It has to be faulty or it is misrepresented in their ads. Now have to pay to send back.

Purchased in December 2019 at TV Shop for $499.00.

Waste of money

It doesn't chill a thing! It is just a big noise, very noise fan that doesn't even swing side to side as simples $40,00 regular fan does... terrible! What a waste of hard work money... I'll try to return tomorrow to the store I purchased. Fingers crossed!

Purchased in December 2019 at Mitre 10 for $400.00.

Kevin

KevinPerth, WA

These are a waste of money and the reviews that say there great Im sure its people trying to sell them ,

No good !!!!!!!!! Absolute waste of money dont work the way they say it does , I cant see how people are saying it saves money after only owning for 3wks !!!!!! Scam

Purchased in October 2019 at Show TV Shop for $359.00.

Home Insulation Level Poor