InstaChill Portable Air Cooler

15EX (Large), 09EX (Medium), 28EX (Extra Large), etc...
See the Best Portable Air Conditioners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by TV Shop

• Heating / Cooling Speed
  • Portability

Walter
WalterSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Major Bloody Ripp off Very Dissapointed

Bought a 18EXfrom TV Shop. Boy am I disappointed.
I live in a humid climate and this does not cool the air down at all like advertised. And it is soo noisy to run.
Wish I had read the reviews before purchase. It seems like a lot of purchasers are not happy with the product.
I was out of the 30 day trial period to get a refund, s I am stuck with it.
I just want a refund . I paid $849.99!!!!
I am sending to Fair Trading, advertising is very misleading, and product hopeless.
I hope you all contact Fair trading as well. This product should not be on the Australian Market.

Purchased in April 2021 at TV Shop for $849.00.

Jennifer
JenniferSouth East Queensland, QLD

WORTHLESS PRODUCT

Bought a 18EXfrom TV Shop. Boy am I disappointed.
I was out of the 30 day trial period to get a refund, s I am stuck with it.
I just want a refund . I paid $849.99!!!!

Purchased in November 2020 for $849.99.

Waste of money!!

I purchased this 15EX Blue Instachil and it's a complete waste of money! You need to be sitting in front of it to get cool and it definitely does not cool down a small room! Very disappointed in this product! Wish I read the reviews prior to my purchase!!!

Purchased in February 2021 at Harris Scarfe for $300.00.

Susan S.
Susan S.Victoria

Do Not Buy

Purchased in February 2021.

Portable Air Conditioners

Find out how InstaChill Portable Air Cooler compares to other Portable Air Conditioners

Tracy E.
Tracy E.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolute Garbage

These scammers sold one of these to my pensioner Dad on a payment plan, it's never worked properly, cool function always flashes regardless of water level and I'm yet to find this water pipe their talking about. Dad is in a nursing home now and out of pocket 500 bucks, he has been a loyal customer of all their CRAP for years. Disgusting. Nothing he has bought has ever really worked. Absolute rubbish.

Merry Usman South East Queensland, QLD

Insta chill 18EX Too loud and not deliver cool air in Summer. Need to put cold water all the time

I bought 2 boxes and tried 1 to see how it goes, it’s too loud and not deliver cool air in Hot days. The representative don’t mention it prior to purchase. It’s really disappointed as I wouldn’t buy for something if does not work and loud. I have to put more more volume each time watch tv if Insta chill is running. Now I have to pay to get it return. Will not recommend this to anyone. Photo if 2 boxes attached.

Purchased in February 2021 at TV Shop for $450.00.

Extremely noisy

Works very well and chills the air very well. Almost impossible to sleep with it in the same room as very noisy. I would not recommend buying this product. I had the raise the volume on my tv in lounge 5 points to compensate for the noise of this machine.

Purchased in January 2021 for $500.00.

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Not happy

The most disappointing $400 I have ever spent in my life. The unit is lightweight but feels flimsy, there is not enough room to put ice that would last longer than five minutes, the difference in temperature was negligible between using the fan alone and cool. We bought it for our bedroom, which is small, and the room actually felt hotter. The noise was intolerable and kept me awake. We only used it for one night. I cannot even watch TV with it running. We were told we could not return it for a refund, but could pick another unit! Not likely. Disappointed with the product, the service and the price. It has put me off ever going in the store again.

Purchased in February 2021 at TV Direct for $400.00.

Ann
Ann

I would love to return it and get my money back as it is just sitting doing nothing now and I could use $400 for something else!

Expensive rubbish

It simply just does not do the job of cooling down any size room its junck and the company that makes them should be ashamed to sell it. I am a pensioner and live on my own and now I have no way to keep cool at all this hot hot summer.

Purchased in November 2020 at Show TV Shop.

Peter
PeterRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Not worth it at all

My brother in law thought it would be a good christmas present to himself and I to get us both this cooler.
It is honestly useless, yes I live in a big room but compared to my other 2 big metal fans it does nothing. Say I'm laying in bed with it at the base of my bed, all you can feel is a little cool breeze on your feet. Thats it, nothing else.

Purchased in December 2020 at Harvey Norman for $400.00.

Rocket54
Rocket54Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Disappointed

It is quiet but you need to sit directly in front of it and have very close to get any benefit.
There is not much difference with the ‘cool’ button function on or off.
The water indicator window is tinted so could hardly see the level of the water which needs to be toped up less than the 8-12 hours stated.

Purchased in January 2021 at Betta Home Living for $349.00.

PATT
PATTSouth Australia

Waste Of Money

This product is a waste of money & I feel totally ripped off. Your better off buying a good fan or save your money toward a proper A/C. Don't believe their fancy advertisement & hype that it's like an air conditioner!!! It's not fair how their allowed to sell such crap :-( Aust has gone to the dogs as where are consumers rights not to mention quality control. The unit itself is junkie & made on the cheap. It's noisy & a fan is just as good. I feel really angry & can emphasize with all the other people that have been caught up in this false advertisement. I am contacting the Dept of Fair Trade. Come on everybody , do the same. Together we can make ourselves be heard!!! Why sit back & take it. Fight for your rights!!!!

Purchased in February 2020 at TV Shop for $500.00.

Is not fit for purpose.

Dear TVshop. I have found this unit to be useless..with ice blocks and water from the fridge the coldest air coming out was 20 degree Celsius.warmer than the ice and water of 4 degrees in a room of 28 degrees..had no impact on a room of suitble size for the units capacity. The unit does not function as per the ads and therefore does this mean the unit is faulty? And if you believe in the machines then why would you not be a responsible company and accept the unit being returned. I guess the issue is that it is not classed as faulty ..it functions however does not do what you say it will.

Purchased in November 2020 for $399.00.

Richard S.
Richard S.

Thanks but what will this result in as I I have already tried to return it and have been told its outside the trial period and iant faulty as such

Sam L

False advertising - does not cool

We are all familiar with evaporative aircons. Heat is transferred from the air to water. Hot air is exhausted outside and cool air is fanned through the house.

This unit does not do that - Just a noisy overpriced fan effective at a distance of 30cm.

Of course this is false advertising. This is how TV Shop does business.

Purchased in October 2020 at TV Shop for $299.00.

Sam L

I have previously dealt with TV Shop and have no intention of going through another haggling session.
I am however, interested in letting others know that TV shop is prepared to sell goods not fit for purpose.

Helen
HelenRichmond-Tweed, NSW

No Good if you live in Australia!

I purchased the extra large & large. 28C late afternoon, cannot do the job. If you live in Australia, save your money. Equipment quality also very poor! I live in NSW.

Purchased in December 2020 for $1,200.00.

Prabhjitasked
InstaChill 09EX (Medium)

Hi I lost coolers water tank stopper
Could you please help me out

Hi Prabhjit,

Thank you for reaching out. Do email us your order # at customerreviews@tvshop.co.nz and we'll sort this out for you.

Kind regards
Customer Services Team

Prabhjit

Actually I bought this last year
I don’t have any records I just want one part

Prabhjit

Cooler is working fine but we moved house than we lost water tank stopper

Rosen D.
Rosen D.asked
InstaChill Portable Air Cooler

why cant i see how much water is in the machine i put only 3 liters i think and ice cubes is that enough?????

Hi Rosen,

For us to assist you better, may we confirm the model of your Instachill?

Kind regards
Customer Services Team

RAY S.
RAY S.asked
InstaChill 09EX (Medium)

Why is the chill red light flashing?

See all InstaChill Portable Air Cooler questions

Get an answer from our members and TV Shop representatives

InstaChill Portable Air Cooler

Since InstaChill blasted its way onto TV ads, it’s garnered a lot of interest. The ad appealingly promises: ‘in less than one second, hot and sticky air is transformed into cool and refreshing.’ Add to InstaChill's mix a cool name that’s reminiscent of a certain social media platform, and it’s not hard to see why the popularity peaks.

But does InstaChill deliver on its promises?

InstaChill has received an average of 1.5 stars for its four sizes of fan. One reviewer expressed the thoughts of many reviewers when they commented ‘it’s a glorified fan.’ Another review was similarly entitled: ‘Whatever you do, do not buy.’

What reviewers had to say about InstaChill:

• It doesn’t chill the air as it’s purposed to do, and a room will often remain at warm temperature, even when the InstaChill has been running for hours
  • Poor build quality and flimsily constructed
  • Expensive - the smallest size costs $449. Many reviewers lamented the fact that a cheap fan would have done a better job
  • Heavy once the water tank is full, making it difficult to move
  • Very noisy, on top of everything else.
Compare all 5 InstaChill Portable Air Cooler
CategoryPortable Air ConditionersPortable Air ConditionersPortable Air ConditionersPortable Air Conditioners
Features Evaporative Cooler and Remote ControlEvaporative Cooler and Remote ControlEvaporative Cooler and Remote ControlEvaporative Cooler and Remote Control
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)
Compare all 5 InstaChill Portable Air Cooler