60 (5.7L), 80 (8L)

• Sautéing
  • Rice Cooking

Lerza

Lerza

Rubber ring absorbs the food smell

It is pressure cooker and slow cooker in the one apparatus.
Yoghurt set up is amazing, makes excellent yoghurt.

BUT; rubber ring’s material quality is so bad.
It absorbs garlic, onion, leak, cabbage smells.
I always used pressure cooker ( traditional one), didnt have this kind of smelly rubber ring

Manufacturer has to look at the better rubber formula

Early days

I can't really write a review yet, but wanted to let folks know that Costco Australia have got Instant pots in stock for $139 which seems much cheaper than I've seen them bought for.

Purchased in February 2021 at Costco.

SharG

SharGMelb

Single best appliance in the 40yrs of cooking!!!

Makes quick and favour filled meals. Soups, stews, oats (steel cut and rolled), pasta, vegetables in way less time than usual. Great for bread proving and yogurt. Have stopped using almost all my pots.
Does take a little time to get use to cooking this way (probably why people get the burn msg) but there are plenty of you tube videos out there. Rice is the only thing that I still cook with a normal pot.
We find we make double the amount of food, but works well also for 1 serving for 2ppl.

Purchased in June 2020 at Amazon for $299.00.

Find out how Instant Pot Duo compares to other Multi Cookers

Disappointed. Horrible customer service.

Purchased in January 2020 at Walmart for $98.00.

Food burn every time

Very disappointed with our Instant Pot. I did so much research & decided to spend the extra money as reviews were so great.
Every single meal comes up with 'food burn' error after about 30 minutes & it doesn't come to pressure, which means it has to be stopped, stirred & started again.
Emails back & forwards with customer service, sometimes they take over a week to respond. Only to now be told to go back to Kitchen Warehouse to exchange or get a refund. So I will need to start all over again.

Purchased at Kitchen Warehouse for $269.00.

Features / Functions

Sautéing

Trying2bhelpful

Trying2bhelpfulGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great multi cooker.

This is a great multi cooker. It sautees, pressure cooks, slow cooks, makes Yogurt, etc. The documentation is scant but there are online websites to look up recipes. The stainless steel bowl is easy to clean. The only real downside is the cooking smells get trapped in the seal and it needs to be washed in the dishwasher or steam cleaned. This has now been released in Australis through Corningware so you can buy it online through Amazon Australia or from a Corningware DFO outlet place. They don’t have accessories at the outlet place but you can buy some, like the glass lid, online.

Purchased in December 2019 at Amazon.

Marc

Marc

Brilliant

I was dubious when my wife purchased an instant pot. I gotta say that these are wonderful. It will never replace my le crueset cast iron pot but for cooking stocks, rice, bolognese etc its perfect.

Purchased in December 2019 for $200.00.

Anjella

AnjellaSouthwest, VIC

Love it even more than I was expecting

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Orion

OrionSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service

I ordered an instant pot online. It arrived missing an essential working part, a small rubber ring for the valve. Customer service told me i would have to wait until they "expand into other markets" before i could expect to get a replacement part. They then said they: " hope you find this useful".
Unbelievably awful customer service! It would cost next to nothing to simply send me the spare part!
Currently waiting to see if they were joking. I sincerely hope so.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
bettyfrances

bettyfrancesLogan City

Fantastic

The Instant Pot Duo does everything they say it does and the stainless steel big bowl is a real bonus to clean in dishwasher. I love this cooker, food comes out perfectly, the slow cooker function actually works as do all the other features. I cooked a two and a half kg Teriyaki Pork the other night, came out tender and succulent in only 25 minutes. I have had this pot for about 3 years and I cannot fault it.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Linda

LindaSouth-East, TAS

I love this machine

So easy to use, lots of safety features. Cooks just about anything. Couldn't live without it now. Perfect for quick meals that you don't have to keep an eye on. Has so many different settings. I love the yoghurt feature. Cooks brown rice in 22 minutes. Only thing I didn't like is the book, its times are way off with most thing best just google time charts for pressure cooking or use the veggie queen Jill Nussinow time charts and she has a great website.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Mem

MemAdelaide

Wonderful cooker

After disappointing experiences with pressure cookers from basic to more expensive I researched online and found Instant Pot. Ordered and bought through Amazon UK It is so easy to use and makes very tasty, healthy all in one meals effortlessly. It is quiet and basically 'set and forget'. There are so many recipes -YouTube or books - I am really enjoying experimenting with new ingredients and foods which I would never have attempted before. Highly recommended. My favourite and most used kitchen appliance. Easy to clean stainless steel bowl a bonus!
Note- as the Instant Pot comes from the UK you'll need to buy a plug adaptor or a 10A 250V~ power cable (mine bought from OfficeWorks)

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Traceyp

TraceypAdelaide

Great addition to my kitchen

Tam

TamCairns, Queensland

Awesome cooker!

This is a kitchen essential. I've used it every day since buying it. It makes everything from stews, pasta, vegetables to a cup of chia tea, all in a flash. Not soaked dry beans are cooked soft in less than half an hour. Carrot and potatoes steamed soft in 5 mins. It even makes yoghurt. I'm still experimenting as there's so much that can be cooked quickly in this amazing cooker.

Although not yet available in Australia it can be bought from Amazon Uk as they have the same voltage. That's what I did and replaced the plug with a common iec cable.